Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Beware Of This New Bank Fraud - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of This New Bank Fraud (1376 Views)

Enough New Bank Notes Discovered In Various Places ( Video) / Cocaine: Tammy Olaiya Pleads Guilty To Drug Trafficking And Bank Fraud / Access Bank Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of This New Bank Fraud by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 14, 2022
There is this bank fraud that fraudsters are doing and I'm not sure its rampant yet. They call it REVERSAL.

HOW IT WORKS
I really don't know the details but it is done with mobile banking app. they use a technique to send money back and forth from the app, therefore confusing the algorithm, and in a few days time the money appears in the account as a bank reversal. The banks that are used for this fraud are GT and Access Bank.

Like I said initially, I don't know the technique these guys are using to carry out this fraud, this is just an eye opener to what is going on now. Pls share this information and if you work in any of the banks mentioned above pls you can report this to really find out what is going on.

Internet fraud is really eating into the new generation. Fraudsters are making it seem like you're a fool for hustling legit and everywhere you go in the world as a Nigerian, you're likely stigmatized for the bad name brought upon us by these criminals. Yes! It is the legit workers that suffer the stigmatization. In my neighborhood, many youngsters from 16, 17 years are already into fraud because they feel like it's the way now, nobody wants to learn a skill or trade or even go to school. I think it's becoming an epidemic in this country. Which is why I have taken it upon myself to expose any information or update i get pertaining internet fraud, and see that it is been eradicated from my dear country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This New Bank Fraud by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2022
GT and Access bank needs to know these fraud is being committed against them, and do something about it. I'm sure someone is held responsible for the losses incurred due to this fraud. Pls let's share this information to curb this menace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beware Of This New Bank Fraud by Skyfornia(m): 9:13am On Apr 15, 2022
You are right..I have heard similar thing, especially with GTBank app, they have a reversal feature in their app where you can pay for goods and request for reversal afterwards. I have spoken against this before and nothing has been done.

Imagine a customer coming to your shop to purchase items worth 100k or more, after paying, through his app, he leaves. And few hours after, the money is reversed. Some people won't even know cause most banks don't send alerts for reversal. This is insane
Re: Beware Of This New Bank Fraud by Nobody: 10:02am On Apr 17, 2022
Skyfornia:
You are right..I have heard similar thing, especially with GTBank app, they have a reversal feature in their app where you can pay for goods and request for reversal afterwards. I have spoken against this before and nothing has been done.

Imagine a customer coming to your shop to purchase items worth 100k or more, after paying, through his app, he leaves. And few hours after, the money is reversed. Some people won't even know cause most banks don't send alerts for reversal. This is insane

Thanks for confirming my claims. I keep telling people but many don't believe me. This is the new update in town used to reap people off their sweat. Pls let's help share this information so it can get to GT and Access bank. Something needs to be done about this

With the little investigation i am doing, i have noticed that even some bank workers are into it or help facilitate it.
Re: Beware Of This New Bank Fraud by uthlaw: 1:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
reversal no b today...
if you deposit with gtbank to ur bet9ja account,all ur money since you've started depositing can be reverse back,or if you use gtbank or zenith to deposit ur betway account...but all in all na still scam!
Re: Beware Of This New Bank Fraud by Whois(m): 3:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
FYI don't relay on sms alert anymore, it's until you see the money in your bank app balance before you acknowledge transfer
Re: Beware Of This New Bank Fraud by kingthreat(m): 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
Skyfornia:

Interesting

(1) (Reply)

28-year-old Lady Kills 6 Including Three Children In US School Mass Shooting / Lagos Doctor Dies In A Hospital After A Faulty Elevator Fell From The 10th Floor / Pastor Arrested After He K!lled His Wife And Bury Her In His Church Foundation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.