Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike (53888 Views)

Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles / How Ageing Russian Warship Moskva Was Blown Up By Ukrainian ‘neptune’ Missiles / Ukraine Forces Destroy Russian Landing Ship Using Ballistic Missile Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 9:27am On Apr 15, 2022
14-04-2022

Greece explains why it won’t send more weapons to Ukraine
Athens doesn’t want to weaken its own defenses
Greece, 2021. © Sakis Mitrolidis/AFP
Greece has announced that it won't send any more weapons to Ukraine because it doesn’t have any to spare, and can't afford to weaken its own defenses. The country has been among the states that have armed Kiev after Russia launched its offensive in February.
“The defense equipment we sent to Ukraine came from our stocks. There is no issue of sending more,” Defense Minister Nikolaos Panagiotopoulos told the country’s parliament on Wednesday.
“There is no way we can weaken any part of our defense, especially on the islands, by taking a portion of it and sending it to Ukraine. I want to make this clear.”
Greece has already delivered military aid – such as portable rocket launchers, Kalashnikov rifles, and ammunition – to Ukraine.
Athens, however, has refused Washington’s request to transfer its heavier, Soviet-made weapons, such as the Tor-M1 and Osa-AK air defense missile systems, local media reported.
Western countries have been increasingly supplying Ukraine with weapons, ranging from tanks and armored personnel carriers to missile systems, after Russia attacked the neighboring country on February 24.
Not all NATO members, however, have agreed to arm Kiev. Hungary refused to send any weapons, arguing that it was not in the country’s interests to be dragged into the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
Russia attacked its neighbor in late February, following Ukraine’s failure to implement the terms of the Minsk agreements, signed in 2014, and Moscow’s eventual recognition of the Donbass republics of Donetsk and Lugansk. The German and French brokered Minsk Protocols were designed to give the breakaway regions special status within the Ukrainian state.
The Kremlin has since demanded that Ukraine officially declare itself a neutral country that will never join the US-led NATO military bloc. Kiev insists the Russian offensive was completely unprovoked and has denied claims it was planning to retake the two republics by force.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 9:29am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin The ship sunk last night as it was being towed. Wot destroyed the ship is THE SHIP’S OWN EXPLOSIVES and not Ukrainian missiles. The explosives on board that ship exploded. Why? That’s the most difficult question to answer

Yet Ukraine were the first to announce that they fired missiles at it and it was badly damaged and sinking

An hour later Russia came with a denial that it was ammunition on board and that it was not sinking yet funny enough they evacuated all 510 sailors on board (from a supposed non sinking ship grin) Russia and lies are twins

12hrs later Russia now confirms that it has sunk.

Ukraine was speaking the truth all along. Russia was just throwing propaganda everywhere as they are known to.

3 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 9:31am On Apr 15, 2022
Maynman:

Why are you reading one part and ignoring the other, how can a missile hit such a ship, and the missile is from something basic.

2 missiles not one hit the Moskva and those were missiles which travel as fast as 650miles per hour.

They first used drones to distract The defence systems of the ship so it wouldn't detect the missiles before they hit.

The Neptune missile which was used have their targets set from drones

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 9:33am On Apr 15, 2022
Fmghewzy:

I hate how Nigerians comment ignorantly, imagine how people from other countries will perceive you;a proud unintelligent slowpoke.

So the javelin is a small tool Hun,and the Moskva ship has no vulnerability.
Tell me just 1 tank that can defend itself against the javelin.
You all just be saying nonsense with pride.

It's Ukraine I pity, innocent people dieing ,their pains and the destruction going on in their country undereported just so as to make Putin look like he his losing.

The rest of the world debating over who is losing and winning as though it's a game.

Just check Reddit, TikTok and YouTube and see how Ukraine is being destroyed.

yen yen yen, cry me a river.

The javelin is man portable and lightweight so yeah it is small.

You're asking me if Moskva doesn't have vulnerability? have you seen its specs on paper? It houses up to 4 S-300 equivalent for its defense and 6 AK-630 CWS. For it to be hit by just 2 neptune missiles clearly shows how fake these specs are or hyped they are. 2 missiles can overwhelmed such a system na.

and you're talking about ignorance. Bro educate yourself first
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 9:37am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

Yet Ukraine were the first to announce that they fired missiles at it and it was badly damaged and sinking

An hour later Russia came with a denial that it was ammunition on board an that it was not sinking.

12hrs later Russia now confirms that it has sunk.

Ukraine was speaking the truth all along. Russia was just throwing propaganda everywhere as they are known to.
The Ukrainians said they fired two missiles grin Yet Pentagon confirmed one explosion on the ship Moskva. How two missile can cause one explosion is wot I want u to explain
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Maynman: 9:40am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

2 missiles not one hit the Moskva and those were missiles which travel as fast as 650miles per hour.

They first used drones to distract The defence systems of the ship so it wouldn't detect the missiles before they hit.

The Neptune missile which was used have their targets set from drones

Makes the story even better, see how they are doing almighty Russia, sending a decoy first and hitting them where they want to..
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2022
tommynico:

Were you expecting them to admit that a Ukrainian missle did the damage to their capital ship?
grin Moskva is a flagship not a capital ship. Ukraine said they fired two missiles but Pentagon confirmed one explosion on Moskva. How can two missiles cause just one explosion?
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by MrSensor(m): 9:43am On Apr 15, 2022
Appleyard:
Ukraine did not sink the ship. Even the US said they cannot verify the Ukrainian claim. That ship probably ran into a floating mine or had some internal incidents that led to the explosion. Ukraine lied it sunk it from the word go, but how do you tow a ship that is already sunk?

Whatever, the ship was lost on its way being towed to port. So a loss is a loss. At least, it proves the Russians are more honest with their losses compared to Ukraine who claimed to have only lost 1000+ soldiers since the war began. And I guess they have not lost any plane, ship or machine.
you talk as if you have anything made in Russia.

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 9:44am On Apr 15, 2022
gamechanger547:
T72 tanks are the main tanks used by Russia in Ukraine and Ukraine is also using same with T80, T55 etc.

Both countries are using almost similar weapons and equipment, just that those of Russia are more advanced and powerful.

Go and check your Russian records since you're good at copy and paste you'll see that the T-90 has been used in Ukraine and a couple of them have been destroyed.

More advanced and powerful and they can't still withstand small javelins. tell me something else abeg
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 9:45am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
The Ukrainians said they fired two missiles grin Yet Pentagon confirmed one explosion on the ship Moskva. How two missile can cause one explosion is wot I want u to explain

It was 2 Neptune missiles as confirmed by Ukraine.

They first distracted the weapons system of the Moskva using drones so it wouldn't detect the incoming missiles.

For the Neptune missiles, drones are used to set it's target and trajectory.

They confirmed it hit and also confirmed it sinking. Russia said no it was not sinking even though it was badly damaged and they said it was caused by onboard ammunition exploding.

Well onboard ammo can only explode if there is something that caused such a chain reaction and that thing was the Neptune missile that hit it.

Also it was reported that the other warships along the coast of Odesa began moving further away from shore immediately after the Moskva was hit.

My question to you is this: if it was not missile related why would the other warships ensure they moved further away from shore in order not to be within range of the missiles if it was a freak accident that caused the ammo explosion on the Moskva?

You see some of us are actually not Russian zombies

Moskva is now chilling at the bottom of the black sea. Job done

5 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 9:49am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin First, it’s illegal. It canbe challenged in court. Secondly, no serious nation like China, India and co, will denominate their assets in Dollars again, after a thing like that. Lose lose for the dollar and western financial system

Yeah Indian still have a foreign reserve in dollars. No country has of today has converted their foreign reserve to local currency.

You're talking about lose lose. Wait do you think the only thing India buys is oil and coal?

Bring your head, I want to check something

3 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by ken6488(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2022
Appleyard:

I don't think that ship was designed to carry nukes.
lol how can the flag ship of the black sea don't carry nuke
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

It was 2 Neptune missiles as confirmed by Ukraine.

They first distracted the weapons system of the Moskva using drones so it wouldn't detect the incoming missiles.

For the Neptune missiles, drones are used to set it's target and trajectory.

They confirmed it hit and also confirmed it sinking. Russia said no it was not sinking even though it was badly damaged and they said it was caused by onboard ammunition exploding.

Well onboard ammo can only explode if there is something that caused such a chain reaction and that thing was the Neptune missile that hit it.

Also it was reported that the other warships along the coast of Odesa began moving further away from shore immediately after the Moskva was hit.

My question to you is this: if it was not missile related why would the other warships ensure they moved further away from shore in order not to be within range of the missiles if it was a freak accident that caused the ammo explosion on the Moskva?

You see some of us are actually not Russian zombies

Moskva is now chilling at the bottom of the black sea. Job done
grin Wen Russia tested the hypersonic last month, they fired it from the Black Sea at a target in the Mediterranean Sea. grin Do u grab the range? Yet by moving ships away from Odessa shores is a move to escape Ukrainian missiles? Are those missiles Igbo made? grin U are definitely a Ukrainian Zombie grin

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by loswhite(m): 9:57am On Apr 15, 2022
yrex01:
Na why I like russia bout this war, they always come out plain even gave estimates of soldiers lost in war but till tomorrow wester makes it look like nothing spoil for ukrain just to make country like Finland n co end like ukrain.
Evil west
All the destruction in Ukraine that is shown on CNN and even the the use of Genocide and war Criminals sound like nothing spoil...lol. You must be a Big goat.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 9:59am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin Moskva is a flagship not a capital ship. Ukraine said they fired two missiles but Pentagon confirmed one explosion on Moskva. How can two missiles cause just one explosion?

wonders shall never end.. So Pentagon isn't western propaganda anymore now you're looking for scraps to defend your stand.

Again the official report is that there was an explosion but they can't confirm the source (whether it was missiles strike or fire outbreak).
No dey twist narrative, we all have this Internet. it's not exclusive to you
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by DerrickzB: 9:59am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

e sink abi e no sink??

no long talk. where is Moskva resting now?

Hehehe.. E sink boss!! I never argued it didn’t tho

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 10:00am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

Yeah Indian still have a foreign reserve in dollars. No country has of today has converted their foreign reserve to local currency.

You're talking about lose lose. Wait do you think the only thing India buys is oil and coal?

Bring your head, I want to check something
grin And one Zombie likes ur comment? Chai! Why do u keep money in the bank? Its cos anytime u want it u will get it. By the time the bank start confiscating ur money or u can no longer trust the bank to save keep ur money. Then u WILL STOP BANKING IT. Simple

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 10:04am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin And one Zombie likes ur comment? Chai! Why do u keep money in the bank? Its cos anytime u want it u will get it. By the time the bank start confiscating ur money or u can no longer trust the bank to save keep ur money. Then u WILL STOP BANKING IT. Simple

India foreign reserve is in what currency?

una too dey like long talk
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by bakar007: 10:04am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/14/russia-moskva-cruiser-sunk-stormy-seas-defense-ministry

Every crew member(500plus) was evacuated and alive clearly shows it wasn't a UKRAINIAN missile strike like the west would want to paint it , some people nor go use common sense dey form western keypad warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irw8e4MuirU

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 10:06am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

wonders shall never end.. So Pentagon isn't western propaganda anymore now you're looking for scraps to defend your stand.

Again the official report is that there was an explosion but they can't confirm the source (whether it was missiles strike or fire outbreak).
No dey twist narrative, we all have this Internet. it's not exclusive to you
grin I just wanted to feed u wit ur regular feeding bottle grin CNN grin I didn’t say I believed it. I was standing in the bank yesterday wen their TV showed CNN quoting Pentagon confirming ONE EXPLOSION on Moskva. That’s why I asked u, HOW CAN TWO MISSILES CAUSE ONE EXPLOSION?

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 10:07am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin Wen Russia tested the hypersonic last month, they fired it from the Black Sea at a target in the Mediterranean Sea. grin Do u grab the range? Yet by moving ships away from Odessa shores is a move to escape Ukrainian missiles? Are those missiles Igbo made? grin U are definitely a Ukrainian Zombie grin

You are indeed a dummy.

So the Neptune missile is a hypersonic missile?

Does the Neptune missile have the range of a hypersonic missile?

The maximum range of the Neptune missile is about 180miles.

Do you see why they say you don't have sense? This is a clear example
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 10:10am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

India foreign reserve is in what currency?

una too dey like long talk
grin For now its in Dollars. BUT it may not remain so for long. That’s wot BRICS is trying to change. Eventually dumping the dollar

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 10:11am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin I just wanted to feed u wit ur regular feeding bottle grin CNN grin I didn’t say I believed it. I was standing in the bank yesterday wen their TV showed CNN quoting Pentagon confirming ONE EXPLOSION on Moskva. That’s why I asked u, HOW CAN TWO MISSILES CAUSE ONE EXPLOSION?

oga fidget grin cheesy cheesy... nothing you can't spin.

There was an explosion, that's the official stand from Pentagon. You can read it up. only that they refused to say what caused the explosion but there was an explosion and Moscow was badly damaged.

So it went down to chill with the big sharks
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 10:12am On Apr 15, 2022
bakar007:

Every crew member(500plus) was evacuated and alive clearly shows it wasn't a UKRAINIAN missile strike like the west would want to paint it , some people nor go use common sense dey form western keypad warriors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irw8e4MuirU

Has Russia showed you pictures or videos of the evacuation? grin

There is usually always a video recording of such events in order to aid with maritime probes if anything goes wrong...WHERE IS IT? grin

Russia keeps fingering the brains of you Russian zombies cheesy

Was it not the same Russia who claimed the vessel was not sinking? Now that the vessel has sunk this clearly shows they did not have access to the vessel to carry out a check on how damaged it was due to the stormy seas everyone reported.

Even the so called boat that Russia claimed was towing the Moskva before it sank WHERE IS THE VIDEO OF THAT FROM THE TOWING VESSEL (Which would also aid with maritime investigation)?

Many of you Russian zombies have brains that do not work

3 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 10:17am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin For now its in Dollars. BUT it may not remain so for long. That’s wot BRICS is trying to change. Eventually dumping the dollar

all those countries have foreign reserve in another currency. Majority in Dollars. They trade internationally where most trades are done in dollars.

Combine trade between the BRICS bloc and you won't even shake the international market scene and you're talking a out dumping the dollar.. grin grin

It's how you guys now have love for India because they are buying Russia oil for me.

Maybe it would interest you to know that most of India indigenous military manufacturing has western tech than Russian as India is reducing Russia influence in its military
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by loswhite(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2022
JooEeL:
Russia no get time for propaganda.

Saying it as it is.
Lol...The problem of Nigeria is the Citizens.

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 10:22am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

Go and check your Russian records since you're good at copy and paste you'll see that the T-90 has been used in Ukraine and a couple of them have been destroyed.

More advanced and powerful and they can't still withstand small javelins. tell me something else abeg
Post the pictures or videos of the T90 tanks destroyed as what was posted by Ukraine were T72 tanks! ( I saw the news and pictures but it's T72s that was posted)

You people tend to post over 90% what can't be confirmed while I do copy and paste actual news for people like you to verify and what I actually know about.

I verify information from various medias before posting the confirmed ones not someone just making something up to swipe their ego.

Most of you were not even born during the Soviet union days but will post comments that are totally false.

We know how Russian intervention in Afghanistan started and how it lead to war and watched the Russians cross back from Afghanistan into Russia way back.

I laugh when reading some comments on NL but just ignore so as not to make some people feel embarrassed as my aim is not to fight anyone but to balance the narrative.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by HBB1(m): 10:24am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

The Abrams tank
Israeli tank
British tank
and of 2024, The Leopard 2 or 3 if the name will change after the upgrade.

The all have tank defense system built and manufactured by Israel

...and they will withstand the Javelin?

Bullshit!
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 10:27am On Apr 15, 2022
gamechanger547:
Post the pictures or videos of the T90 tanks destroyed as what was posted by Ukraine were T72 tanks!

You people tend to post over 90% what can't be confirmed while I do copy and paste actual news for people like you to verify and what I actually know about.

I verify information from various medias before posting the confirmed ones not someone just making something up to swipe their ego.

Most of you were not even born during the Soviet union days but will post comments that are totally false.

We know how Afghanistan war started and watched the Russians cross back from Afghanistan into Russia way back.

you verify information from various media and you're waiting for me to post pictures of the T-90.

your data finish? Find it yourself. I'm not hoarding the internet. E go show for your phone too
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Appleyard(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2022
ken6488:
lol how can the flag ship of the black sea don't carry nuke

I could be wrong but there were no nukes reported to be onboard.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2022
HBB1:

...and they will withstand the Javelin?

Bullshit!

Procure the javelin and then proceed to shoot it at the Abrams tank.
Since America and Europe would be stupid and mad to mount an AMD on a tank just for show despite the added weight it brings
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 10:34am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

all those countries have foreign reserve in another currency. Majority in Dollars. They trade internationally where most trades are done in dollars.

Combine trade between the BRICS bloc and you won't even shake the international market scene and you're talking a out dumping the dollar.. grin grin

It's how you guys now have love for India because they are buying Russia oil for me.

Maybe it would interest you to know that most of India indigenous military manufacturing has western tech than Russian as India is reducing Russia influence in its military
grin China is soon to overtake the United States as the largest economy in the world, yet BRICS is nothing? Be deceiving urself. The countries in BRICS have been comfortably exchanging goods and services in their own currencies since. Russia has been selling oil in rubbles since last month. RIP Dollars

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Putin Preparing Ukraine’s Ex-president Yanukovych For Zelensky’s Job / Their Military Strength Of Gambia / Sandeep Kumar Sacked As Indian Minister Over Sex Tape With Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.