Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike - Foreign Affairs (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike (53876 Views)

Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles / How Ageing Russian Warship Moskva Was Blown Up By Ukrainian ‘neptune’ Missiles / Ukraine Forces Destroy Russian Landing Ship Using Ballistic Missile Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 10:36am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

you verify information from various media and you're waiting for me to post pictures of the T-90.

your data finish? Find it yourself. I'm not hoarding the internet. E go show for your phone too
Your claim is false if you can't post it then!!

What I saw were T72s so post yours, you wey your data never finish! Or go try use free wifi if your data no go reach.

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 10:39am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

You are indeed a dummy.

So the Neptune missile is a hypersonic missile?

Does the Neptune missile have the range of a hypersonic missile?

The maximum range of the Neptune missile is about 180miles.

Do you see why they say you don't have sense? This is a clear example
grin LOL grin U have not answered my question. Is Neptune Igbo made? grin 180miles is far more than Lagos to Benin City in range. Did Russian ships retreat from Neptune in Odessa?
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 10:45am On Apr 15, 2022
gamechanger547:
Post the pictures or videos of the T90 tanks destroyed as what was posted by Ukraine were T72 tanks! ( I saw the news and pictures but it's T72s that was posted)

You people tend to post over 90% what can't be confirmed while I do copy and paste actual news for people like you to verify and what I actually know about.

I verify information from various medias before posting the confirmed ones not someone just making something up to swipe their ego.

Most of you were not even born during the Soviet union days but will post comments that are totally false.

We know how Russian intervention in Afghanistan started and how it lead to war and watched the Russians cross back from Afghanistan into Russia way back.

I laugh when reading some comments on NL but just ignore so as not to make some people feel embarrassed as my aim is not to fight anyone but to balance the narrative.

Help your ignorance

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 10:50am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin China is soon to overtake the United States as the largest economy in the world, yet BRICS is nothing? Be deceiving urself. The countries in BRICS have been comfortably exchanging goods and services in their own currencies since. Russia has been selling oil in rubbles since last month. RIP Dollars

it wouldn't be you if you don't completely miss the point and write about something else.

what's China trade volume with Brazil, South Africa, Russia and India, then compare that with China trade volume with the US. that's what I asked and you're talking about a scenario that isn't real just speculation.

Russia sells oils to India is RIP dollars, compare oil market volume in alternative currency with the overall international market then maybe just maybe you'll understand better.

E get why most currencies is pegged against the Dollar.

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2022
gamechanger547:
Post the pictures or videos of the T90 tanks destroyed as what was posted by Ukraine were T72 tanks! ( I saw the news and pictures but it's T72s that was posted)

You people tend to post over 90% what can't be confirmed while I do copy and paste actual news for people like you to verify and what I actually know about.

I verify information from various medias before posting the confirmed ones not someone just making something up to swipe their ego.

Most of you were not even born during the Soviet union days but will post comments that are totally false.

We know how Russian intervention in Afghanistan started and how it lead to war and watched the Russians cross back from Afghanistan into Russia way back.

I laugh when reading some comments on NL but just ignore so as not to make some people feel embarrassed as my aim is not to fight anyone but to balance the narrative.

Help your ignorance some more. You see a lot of you Russian Zombies can be so proudly pathetic that it's almost shocking to see grown ass supposedly educated people unable to utilize their brains.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 11:04am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

Help your ignorance some more. You see a lot of you Russian Zombies can be so proudly pathetic that it's almost shocking to see grown ass supposedly educated people unable to utilize their brains.
You're an illiterate who's got cow Poo for a brain.

Just go through the poo you posted and ask yourself if you're a nitwit or not!!

I'm waiting for your response birdbrain.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 11:07am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

Help your ignorance

hahaha... bro you for no answer that free data Ctrl C + P guy
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 11:09am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

See proper MUMU, you simply posted T72s tank with reflective armour.

Just don't know why you don't recognize propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 11:09am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

Just don't know why you don't recognize propaganda..

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Asswipemod: 11:10am On Apr 15, 2022
Elidrisy20:
mumurist

Fulani herdsman
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 11:11am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

hahaha... bro you for no answer that free data Ctrl C + P guy
See confirm illiterate talking.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by smallrincowis16(m): 11:11am On Apr 15, 2022
tommynico:

The ship was deployed to Syria, and there are no new cruisers of this tonnage under construction. Russia do not have a shipyard with the capacity to construct one, more reason why they are intent on taking Odessa and one other city like that because these were the original places ships like the Moskva were be built. They are fanning out to capture the industrial bases for themselves.
I don't know where you get that, but there are ports in Russia far East, even in Vladivostok that can construct such ship, izumo helicopter careers are already under construction and have more tonnage like 2800tonnes. Also there is a cruiser under repair/modernization Russia whiv is due to commissioning this year, it hasmore tonnage than this.

It was never deployed to Syria, maybe you can give me any source on that

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by HBB1(m): 11:13am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

Procure the javelin and then proceed to shoot it at the Abrams tank.
Since America and Europe would be stupid and mad to mount an AMD on a tank just for show despite the added weight it brings

Ogbeni calm down!

No Tank is indestructible...

Basic rule is a Tank should not roll out without at least infantry support

This the Russians flouted again and again and they got punished.

Enemies can peek out from odd angles and have a pop at you.

Don't fighter jets have anti-missile defense mechanisms?
Don't they get shot down?

Didn't Hezbollah destroy scores of Israeli Merkava Tanks in 2006?
( So what is special about your Israeli made and manufactured system)

You realize we are not talking about RPGs here...

The Javelin will cut through your aforementioned Tanks and cook those inside.

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 11:14am On Apr 15, 2022
gamechanger547:

Just don't know why you don't recognize propaganda..

I can see you cannot even recognize a T-90 tank even if it grabbed your balls and called you a mooooron

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by smallrincowis16(m): 11:18am On Apr 15, 2022
Yankee101:

I guess you're talking about Nigeria's Navy, not one of the most advanced Navy in the world, Russia

For your info it's one of the major no fly zone enforcers for Russia over parts of Ukraine. Russia has the second most powerful Navy Iin the world after the US, for your information. That's why everyone is suprised

How can you enforce a no fly zone and don't have a weapons system to protect yourself? It's not naija's military we're talking about oga. If you check my post I said under water, surface and all the way to space protection system. They use a combination of submarines, land and water radar systems and satellite monitoring to detect and deter incoming missiles.

And that's why I said you are full of propaganda. Russia never declear no fly zones on Ukraine, it was only air superiority to suppress Ukraine airpower. And that's why they still call this a special military operation.

You are still being naiv, satellite hardly dectef launch o cruise missiles cos they fly so low above the ground except ibyou belief the tail that satellite can detft your movement in a market.

Do you know why aircraft careers are always follow by convoy of destroyers/frigates? Cos that are easy prey as satellites will never comes to their aid if being shot at.

We are gen discussing cruisers not careers, bring any proof that cruisers do have convoy or sitdown and learn

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Ibime(m): 11:20am On Apr 15, 2022
If your ship was sunken by fire not by missiles, why are you bombing the factory that makes anti-ship missiles as a response. Lai Mohammed needs to learn propaganda work from Kremlin

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by railone(m): 11:21am On Apr 15, 2022
HBB1:

Ogbeni calm down!

No Tank is indestructible...

Basic rule is a Tank should not roll out without at least infantry support

This the Russians flouted again and again and they got punished.

Enemies can peek out from odd angles and have a pop at you.

Don't fighter jets have anti-missile defense mechanisms?
Don't they get shot down?

Didn't Hezbollah destroy scores of Israeli Merkava Tanks in 2006?
( So what is special about your Israeli made and manufactured system)

You realize we are not talking about RPGs here...

The Javelin will cut through your aforementioned Tanks and cook those inside.

1) I never said there's a tank that isn't destructible.

2) You're talking about something in 2006 when that system wasn't even created and it's not even install in all the tanks. I mean my first post even mention 2024 for the Leopard tanks

una ehn if you didn't know something, take the knowledge and go. No dey try to prove stupid point that doesn't make sense in the first place.

3) we're talking about tanks that are armored and you're mentioning RPGs? Like don't you know tanks are immuned to that except you can target their track chain and disable them.

At this point I'm done talking because clearly you don't even know what you're saying
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 11:22am On Apr 15, 2022
gamechanger547:
You're an illiterate who's got cow Poo for a brain.

Just go through the poo you posted and ask yourself if you're a nitwit or not!!

I'm waiting for your response birdbrain.

Haba e no reach to vex insult me na grin

It must hurt real bad to see someone burst your bubble Sha so I understand. cheesy

Your precious T-90 is not indestructible. It actually has a thin armor plating around the turret which is a place the Javelin missile can easily be programed to strike.

A javelin can be launched from directly in front of the tank and approach it head on but right before it strikes it changes trajectory and rises and then points downward to strike at the thin armor plating at the top and thus T-90 is destroyed.

You will heal wink

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 11:22am On Apr 15, 2022
[sup][/sup]
railone:
If you read the capability of this ship on paper and how it's hyped like this... You would think it's the be all do all.

Small neptune missile, e fall yakata for sea bed.

Just like their overhyped tanks that can't withstand small javelin.

At this point, Russia is just North Korea with land mass. Convince me if I am wrong
That's why the future of warfare is missiles and not huge ships. A billion-dollar aircraft carrier can be sunk by a missile of less than $200k
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 11:24am On Apr 15, 2022
Ibime:
If your ship was sunken by fire not by missiles, why are you bombing the factory that makes anti-ship missiles as a response. Lai Mohammed needs to learn propaganda work from Kremlin

Russians are liars na. Na their work cheesy

If Russia tells you that you have dark hair check am well e fit be say your hair na blonde cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 11:26am On Apr 15, 2022
railone:

it wouldn't be you if you don't completely miss the point and write about something else.

what's China trade volume with Brazil, South Africa, Russia and India, then compare that with China trade volume with the US. that's what I asked and you're talking about a scenario that isn't real just speculation.

Russia sells oils to India is RIP dollars, compare oil market volume in alternative currency with the overall international market then maybe just maybe you'll understand better.

E get why most currencies is pegged against the Dollar.
grin U need to come to terms with reality that the world nolonger revolves around America. China sells 3times more to America than she buys from America. China buys more from ASEAN self more than to America. China is currently a significant commerce house, which the other members of BRICS can completely rely on as if the United States were dead. Iranians started oil deals in local currencies. Russia have joined, soon no one will need the dollar anymore

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Krismas(m): 11:29am On Apr 15, 2022
PerfectlyPerfect:
[sup][/sup]
That's why the future of warfare is missiles and not huge ships. A billion-dollar aircraft carrier can be sunk by a missile of less than $200k
grin U forget ships have their anti missile defense systems? U cannot do away with ships wen the earth is 70% seas.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Yankee101: 11:38am On Apr 15, 2022
smallrincowis16:

And that's why I said you are full of propaganda. Russia never declear no fly zones on Ukraine, it was only air superiority to suppress Ukraine airpower. And that's why they still call this a special military operation.

You are still being naiv, satellite hardly dectef launch o cruise missiles cos they fly so low above the ground except ibyou belief the tail that satellite can detft your movement in a market.

Do you know why aircraft careers are always follow by convoy of destroyers/frigates? Cos that are easy prey as satellites will never comes to their aid if being shot at.

We are gen discussing cruisers not careers, bring any proof that cruisers do have convoy [/b]or sitdown and learn

Moskva is Russia's flagship

I think you don't know the meaning of a flagship. Let me educate you

A flagship is a vessel used by the commanding officer of a group of naval ships, characteristically a flag officer entitled by custom to fly a distinguishing flag. Used more loosely, [b]it is the lead ship in a fleet of vessels
, typically the first, largest, fastest, most heavily armed, or best known.

It was in a fleet (what you wrongly call a convoy) when it was hit and the rest pulled back further from the Ukraininan coast after evacuating the 500 sailors on board

Do you know what you're talking about or you just hate admitting you're wrong?

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by texazzpete(m): 11:41am On Apr 15, 2022
Krismas:
grin U forget ships have their anti missile defense systems? U cannot do away with ships wen the earth is 70% seas.

Are you saying the Chinese defense strategy is flawed?

Because that is precisely their strategy to deal with US Aircraft carrier groups.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by AlPeter: 11:48am On Apr 15, 2022
Sltp:
Independent Western military experts. It's common practice to re-strategize in a war after sustaining a major damage. This is the evidence the Western media wants to use to claim the attack? What a joke.
so what damage did they receive at sea that caused an immediate retreat after the opposing army just tweeted they destroyed the flag ship

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Appleyard(m): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2022
boyfrank:

Many of those newer equipments you mentioned only exists in Russia's propaganda or have not been fully tested. The s-400 is Russia's bragging right. If it fails in Ukraine eh, that will be billions in potential sales down the drain. They wouldn't want to risk it, especially now that US stealth missiles like harpoons are in Ukraine already. Moreover, it will be a good opportunity for US and NATO to develop battle strategies against Russian latest technologies from the distance of their own borders.
Sometimes I feel as if western nations tricked Putin into invading Ukraine and he took the bait.

Those weapons are real, not propanganda, as you would want to believe. Most have been tested in this conflict but has not been used predominantly.

The S-400 for example proved it's capability when the S-400 anti-aircraft missile deployed in Belarus directly shoot down a Ukrainian Su-27 fighter jet over Kyiv at a distance of 150 kilometers and a huge meteor shower appeared over Kyiv. It created a new long-distance record for shooting down enemy aircraft in actual combat by anti-aircraft missiles.

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/russia-s-s-400-missile-system-gains-first-blood-in-ukraine-su-27-shot-down-150km-away-reports

The Russians can detect stealth, that is the main reason Turkey jettisoned the F-35 and instead opted for the S-400 due to what they saw happened in Syria. So the Harpoons are hardly a threat in that regard.

Why I would have loved to see more of these weapons being used, I also want this war to end quickly before it escalate out of hand. Moreover, there are talks that the US and NATO have sent covert guys over to Ukraine to study Russian war secrets. Who knows? Maybe that's why the Russians are hesitant to use some of their modern weapons predominantly. Whatever, war is bad.

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by smallrincowis16(m): 11:52am On Apr 15, 2022
lipsrsealed
grandstar:

America toppled the Saddam regime is not i' doubt. I never said 10 days.

Also, America could have gone in alone. The use of allied forces was to make it look like a multi-lateral effort but it was largely a US inspired war. The war was wrong in the first place.

The Iraqi army would have still be stronger than that of Ukraine.

Russia has not lived up to their might military machine. It is simply old glory. It is Putin to blame and not Russia.

It seems you are back to your vomit. You clearly mentioned that sadam was topple within 10days maybe you should check up, and I remixed you sadam was topple not by USA but by allied forces which should tell you Aremica are media tiger except you show me any evidence portraying otherwise.

ThankGod you said the war was wrong in the first place, but to show how great America was why didn't they refuse allied help like Russia is doing at least they can call upon CIS no matter how small they are.

You are still making the same mistake IRAQ would never have be Superior militarily to Ukraine in any circumstance. ONE Ukraine has Soviet experience in manufacturing arms/heavy ammunitions which Iraq doesn't, TWO Ukraine is in Europe and can benefit from advance technology ether stolen or legitimately gotten from Russia and Europe cos o the nearness.

Well it's only senseless being that will want Russia to do what US usually do in any of it's war, US killed more than 10000 civilians in the first week of US-IRAQI war, yet within six weeks of Russia operation there are less than 2000 confirmed civilian death. His is enough to be the best military in the world nobusn brutalities to claim victory.

Mind you Russia has the firepower to level the whole Ukraine in the first week without putting any personel- 2000 calibers + 50 iskander is enough to level whole of kyiv and lyviv but chose otherwise cos that's not Putin's goal, his main aim is to liberate dombass and weaken Ukrain militarily and he's on the verge of that.

To compare how powerful US/NATO force is to Russia, first look at the war in Afghanistan, Afghanistan government were maintained when Russia/USSR was present even till about two years after USSR left in the face of open support of the mujahedeen by the US with weapons, compare to the government the whole NATO trained,nurtured,armed,financed, yet succumbed to ragtag Taliban without open support of weapons after 20years of NATO presence horror
SECOND how could you say Russia has no lived to expectation when Ukraine is being financed,armed and even supported with economic/media war against Russia by about 32 NATO countries? It only show how unfair and bias you guys are

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by gamechanger547: 11:54am On Apr 15, 2022
Igbofam:

Help your ignorance
The below is just one of the types of T72 tanks out there.

compare to turret to the one you posted.

However the below are various specs available and currently operated by different countries in the world.

T72 is different from T90 and because some posted a tank as T90 do not make it one.

Current operators
Algeria – 500 T-72, T-72M, T-72M1 and T-72AG (last generation)
Angola [3] – 44 T-72M1 bought from Belarus in 1999[4]
Armenia – 84 T-72B
Azerbaijan – ~572 T-72A, T-72B and T-72 SIM2
Belarus – 446 T-72B in service. [5] Various T-72 modifications in reserve. [6]
Bulgaria – 80 T-72M2 and a large number (some 350) in reserve.[7]
Czech Republic – 543 inherited from former Czechoslovakia in 1993. 30 modernized T-72M4CZ in service as of 1 January 2016, 86 T-72M1 in storage.
Democratic Republic of the Congo – 100 T-72AV delivered by Ukraine in 2010. [8]
Djibouti – 42 bought from Yemen.
Ethiopia – 50 bought from Yemen, 171 T-72UA1 vehicles reportedly ordered from Ukraine in 2011. [9]
Tigray Defense Forces[10]
Georgia – 50 T-72A and T-72M1 in 2004. 140 T-72A, T-72M1 and T-72B in 2005. 170 T-72M1, T-72B and T-72 SIM-1 in 2007. [11] Approximately 191 T-72 in 2008. [12]
Hungary – 195 T-72M and T-72M1 in 2009. [13] 15 in active service, 113 in reserve, 77 donated to new Iraqi Army . Hungary announced it ordered 44 Leopard 2A7+ tanks from Germany, which are to replace the T-72 in the 2020s. [14][15]
India – 1,900 T-72M and T-72M1 as of 2008 [16]
Iran – 480-540 T-72S and 140-300 T-72M1 as of 2021. 100+ T-72M captured during the Iran–Iraq War, licensed production still underway as seen in Iranian factories. Numerous upgraded models. Many T-72M's upgraded to Rakhsh standard.
Iraq – 1,000 T-72 Ural (1973), T-72 Ural
modernization, T-72M, T-72M1 and Saddam tanks were in service with Iraqi Army in 1990. 375 T-72 Ural (1973), T-72 Ural
modernization, T-72M, T-72M1, Lion of Babylon and Saddam tanks were in service with Iraqi Regular Army in 2003. Only 125 T-72M1 are in service as of 2009 with the
new Iraqi Army. Some T-72S MBTs in service with the PMF. [17] Some T-72s have been upgraded and modernized by Iran with Rakhsh kits. [18]
Kazakhstan – 300 [19]
Kenya – 77 T-72AV from Ukraine in 2007. 33 delivered in Feb 2009 may bring total to 110.
Kyrgyzstan – 215 [20]
Laos – T-72B1 [21][22][23][24]
Libya – 150 in 2003[13]
Malaysia – 48 PT-91M delivered by Poland (improved Polish PT-91 , which is itself an improved variant of the T-72M1) [25]
Morocco – 148: 136 T-72B and 12 T-72BK from Belarus delivered in two shipments, first in 1999 and the second in 2000. [26][27]
Mongolia – 100 [28][29][30]
Myanmar – 139 T-72S. [31]
Nicaragua – 50 T-72B tanks.[32][33] Initial photographs suggest the tanks are substantially upgraded with elements from the T-72B3M program as well as numerous other improvements.
Nigeria [3] – 77+ T-72M1 maybe in larger numbers.
North Korea
North Macedonia – 31: 30 T-72A and 1 T-72AK delivered from Russia in 2000. [34]
Poland – 586 T-72M1 and T-72M1D [35] (2006, 2007 – 597, [36] 2005 – 644, 2004 – 649 [37] ) and 135 T-72M1Z [35][38] (T-72M1 upgraded to PT-91 standard). Also 230 PT-91 in service.
Russia – (active): ~2,284, 155 T-72BM "Rogatka", 8,000 in reserve. [39] 270 T-72B3 received in 2013. [40] Additional 143 T-72B

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by boyfrank: 11:55am On Apr 15, 2022
Appleyard:

Those weapons are real, not propanganda, as you would want to believe. Most have been tested in this conflict but has not been used predominantly.

The S-400 for example proved it's capability when the S-400 anti-aircraft missile deployed in Belarus directly shoot down a Ukrainian Su-27 fighter jet over Kyiv at a distance of 150 kilometers and a huge meteor shower appeared over Kyiv. It created a new long-distance record for shooting down enemy aircraft in actual combat by anti-aircraft missiles.

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/article/russia-s-s-400-missile-system-gains-first-blood-in-ukraine-su-27-shot-down-150km-away-reports

The Russians can detect stealth, that is the main reason Turkey jettisoned the F-35 and instead opted for the S-400 due to what they saw happened in Syria. So the Harpoons are hardly a threat in that regard.

Why I would have loved to see more of these weapons being used, I also want this war to end quickly before it escalate out of hand. Moreover, there are talks that the US and NATO have sent covert guys over to Ukraine to study Russian war secrets. Who knows? Maybe that's why the Russians are hesitant to use some of their modern weapons predominantly. Whatever, war is bad.

The s400 covers Syria and yet isreal constantly bombards both Syrian and Iranian forces there. Dude, s400 in Ukraine is only doing well against the Ukrainian Jersey because they are soviet era tech. It haven't been tested against modern American or even Swedish supersonic jets.
Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by smallrincowis16(m): 11:55am On Apr 15, 2022
Appleyard:

Kherson and Mariupol are now under Russian control.

Thanks bro, I am only being sarcastic to come down to their level of reasoning.
I know cities and regions are already liberated like izyum, popasnaya, melitopole but MSM will never let them see that except Russia loses

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Igbofam: 11:56am On Apr 15, 2022
gamechanger547:
The below is just one of the types of T72 tanks out there.

compare to turret to the one you posted.

However the below are various specs available and currently operated by different countries in the world.

T72 is different from T90 and because some posted a tank as T90 do not make it one.

Current operators
Algeria – 500 T-72, T-72M, T-72M1 and T-72AG (last generation)
Angola [3] – 44 T-72M1 bought from Belarus in 1999[4]
Armenia – 84 T-72B
Azerbaijan – ~572 T-72A, T-72B and T-72 SIM2
Belarus – 446 T-72B in service. [5] Various T-72 modifications in reserve. [6]
Bulgaria – 80 T-72M2 and a large number (some 350) in reserve.[7]
Czech Republic – 543 inherited from former Czechoslovakia in 1993. 30 modernized T-72M4CZ in service as of 1 January 2016, 86 T-72M1 in storage.
Democratic Republic of the Congo – 100 T-72AV delivered by Ukraine in 2010. [8]
Djibouti – 42 bought from Yemen.
Ethiopia – 50 bought from Yemen, 171 T-72UA1 vehicles reportedly ordered from Ukraine in 2011. [9]
Tigray Defense Forces[10]
Georgia – 50 T-72A and T-72M1 in 2004. 140 T-72A, T-72M1 and T-72B in 2005. 170 T-72M1, T-72B and T-72 SIM-1 in 2007. [11] Approximately 191 T-72 in 2008. [12]
Hungary – 195 T-72M and T-72M1 in 2009. [13] 15 in active service, 113 in reserve, 77 donated to new Iraqi Army . Hungary announced it ordered 44 Leopard 2A7+ tanks from Germany, which are to replace the T-72 in the 2020s. [14][15]
India – 1,900 T-72M and T-72M1 as of 2008 [16]
Iran – 480-540 T-72S and 140-300 T-72M1 as of 2021. 100+ T-72M captured during the Iran–Iraq War, licensed production still underway as seen in Iranian factories. Numerous upgraded models. Many T-72M's upgraded to Rakhsh standard.
Iraq – 1,000 T-72 Ural (1973), T-72 Ural
modernization, T-72M, T-72M1 and Saddam tanks were in service with Iraqi Army in 1990. 375 T-72 Ural (1973), T-72 Ural
modernization, T-72M, T-72M1, Lion of Babylon and Saddam tanks were in service with Iraqi Regular Army in 2003. Only 125 T-72M1 are in service as of 2009 with the
new Iraqi Army. Some T-72S MBTs in service with the PMF. [17] Some T-72s have been upgraded and modernized by Iran with Rakhsh kits. [18]
Kazakhstan – 300 [19]
Kenya – 77 T-72AV from Ukraine in 2007. 33 delivered in Feb 2009 may bring total to 110.
Kyrgyzstan – 215 [20]
Laos – T-72B1 [21][22][23][24]
Libya – 150 in 2003[13]
Malaysia – 48 PT-91M delivered by Poland (improved Polish PT-91 , which is itself an improved variant of the T-72M1) [25]
Morocco – 148: 136 T-72B and 12 T-72BK from Belarus delivered in two shipments, first in 1999 and the second in 2000. [26][27]
Mongolia – 100 [28][29][30]
Myanmar – 139 T-72S. [31]
Nicaragua – 50 T-72B tanks.[32][33] Initial photographs suggest the tanks are substantially upgraded with elements from the T-72B3M program as well as numerous other improvements.
Nigeria [3] – 77+ T-72M1 maybe in larger numbers.
North Korea
North Macedonia – 31: 30 T-72A and 1 T-72AK delivered from Russia in 2000. [34]
Poland – 586 T-72M1 and T-72M1D [35] (2006, 2007 – 597, [36] 2005 – 644, 2004 – 649 [37] ) and 135 T-72M1Z [35][38] (T-72M1 upgraded to PT-91 standard). Also 230 PT-91 in service.
Russia – (active): ~2,284, 155 T-72BM "Rogatka", 8,000 in reserve. [39] 270 T-72B3 received in 2013. [40] Additional 143 T-72B

No dey do copy and paste bro. You clearly do not know your T-90 tanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike by Appleyard(m): 11:57am On Apr 15, 2022
neuf:

The T-90 has been destroyed in Ukraine. T-14 rn is just a parade equipment. Su-57 that they don't even have up to a squadron of it just test platform.
Who uses a long range bomber when Ukraine is just next door.
Lol... man just be listing equipment that mostly don't have combat operation clearance

Ignorance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Putin Preparing Ukraine’s Ex-president Yanukovych For Zelensky’s Job / Their Military Strength Of Gambia / Sandeep Kumar Sacked As Indian Minister Over Sex Tape With Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.