Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,871 members, 7,824,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria (16238 Views)

US Approves $1 Billion Arms Sale To Nigeria To Combat Terrorism / Insecurity: US Approves $1bn Attack Helicopters, Others For Nigeria / US Lawmakers Stop $875m Defence Equipment Sale To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Amayabor1: 7:59pm On Apr 15, 2022
OgbeniSamm:

Just read and pass. It's a waste of time replying to such comments. They obviously are not aware that such a move by the US is simply a covert move and a game of regional supremacy between the east and the West in Africa. There is a reason why the approval is coming NOW and of course the West is aware their influence in Africa is under serious challenge. In the coming weeks and months, we shall see similar nice gestures towards Africa. It's simply a diplomatic game for the scramble of Africa again.

Convert move? Did the US ask Nigeria to come buy their weapons? You willingly came to me to buy my product. Of your own accord. You were not persuaded or cajoled. I now agreed to sell to you, it is now termed a convert move. Mumu talk. If you know it is a convert move, why not take your money somewhere else to buy the weapons you need? It's not as if the weapons are being forced down your throat!

The previous weapons the US have been selling to Nigeria were convert moves too?

Na una nor get military or weapons, na una dey shout convert moves as if it is a must to buy weapons from the US!
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Benny6944: 8:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
which might end up in terrorists hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by OkwuEziokwu(m): 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
limeta:
The money USA spending in Ukraine got to come back from mugu country's
UK will do their own
France will do their own
And niggers will be left with nothing
The game is always the same since you don't learn.
Arms to kill your selves.

Bro,calm down. You're speaking too much facts!
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Mubiola360: 8:29pm On Apr 15, 2022
dre11:

THE CABLE

PM NEWS
This is just pure business and nothing more. Do you think if there is peace in the land, the US ammunition business would blossom, No!
They creat rebels and terror groups within a country to disrupt the peace and progress of the said country, the government will have no choice but to patronize them for Arms support.
The west don't care about you and me.

2 Likes

Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Newton2024: 8:31pm On Apr 15, 2022
perez100:
They still run to same U.S they love to hate for help. I can't see them go to Iran, Saudi Arabia or North Korea they love.
Don't mind Islam'ic terr-orists. They must bow to US by force.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by theTranslator: 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

It doesn't benefit us, but we were the ones that went to them to ask to buy their weapons.

Mumu talk!
lol.
You are very stupid.
Go and use the weapons to feed your starving villagers nau.
You are very very stupid
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by GreyLaw(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2022
AprokoGirl:
grin grin

This Man Stole $2 Billion Arms Deal ... Uptill Now !!! , Nothing !!! - Not Jailed !!! - I Mean Nothing !!!

Let's gather and Killllllll Politicians In Nigeria !!!

Even Dangote cannot steal $2bn without it being detected. How much is Nigeria's budget that one man can steal $2bn? Forget all that talk. Buhari just settled his scores with Dasuki by incarcerating for years. Did Dasuki steal? Most likely yes. Do almost all politicians do the same thing in Nigeria? Emphatically yes. There is nothing Dasuki did that Buhari down to the smallest ward Councillor is not doing.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by BigBashiru: 8:50pm On Apr 15, 2022
Proudlycanadian:
All sides are just cashing out with this insurgency. If you want to know why Africa is still poor, watch this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW46xDXNO3Q

Africa is not "still poor".... its rich..
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by tplayer: 8:52pm On Apr 15, 2022
theTranslator:
For what?
trash.
Ignorant individual.
Have you seen Russia's new weapons?
Russia is basically the mother of weaponry in this world. US,Japan,UK modelled most of their weapons after those "outdated Soviet Era weapons"
There's a reason they got to space first. Without using slave labour like your beloved US

You are very wrong. No doubt they got to space first.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by theTranslator: 8:53pm On Apr 15, 2022
tplayer:

You are very wrong. No doubt they got to space first.
tell me where I am wrong.
I'm waiting
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by solexyy: 9:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
I DONT KNOW HOW BUT MORE THAN HALF OF THOSE WILL END UP IN THE HANDS OF BOKO BOYS/BANDITS. WATCH AND SEE.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by BobPRESS5(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2022
Hmmm! Good development but can they utilize it credibly
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Remman(m): 9:01pm On Apr 15, 2022
Very good! At least We know ISWAP and BOKO-HARAM use Russian made weapons... So, let Nigeria use US made ones! US wouldn't have released those weapons if Ukraine was not under Russian attack... It's a good move by the great Biden. May US also train our soldiers in technology and plan to include Nigeria in NATO.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Amayabor1: 9:03pm On Apr 15, 2022
theTranslator:
lol.
You are very stupid.
Go and use the weapons to feed your starving villagers nau.
You are very very stupid

Ozuor!!!

Your country willingly went to the US to buy weapons, the US agrees to sell. Now, you are talking about how it doesn't benefit us and supporting arguments that the US have a convert reason for selling the weapons to Nigeria.

If it doesn't benefit Nigeria, how is that the US business? Did they beg Nigeria to come buy weapons from them? If it doesn't benefit Nigeria, attack your president and politicians, not the US. Mumu!
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Bbbwings: 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
When Jonathan was begging Obama for weapons he didn't respond.
Don't trust this guys.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Bbbwings: 9:10pm On Apr 15, 2022
adriano50:
Refurbished military hardware anyway mugu must fall in other for the war to continue in Ukraine western evils
I'm sure those weapons are condemned redundant hardware
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by tplayer: 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2022
theTranslator:
tell me where I am wrong.
I'm waiting

You saying American weapons are modelled after Russia's. First, the blueprint for Russia's first atomic bomb came from covert operations in the US.

American has far better technology militarily and in the consumer sector. How many russian consumer goods do you know? Make no mistake, Russia is second, but a distant second. Please, check total arms sales by US and Russia in a year.

Russia is just a big gas station with a nuclear weapon storehouse.

By the way, hope you know about the American lend-lease act of world war 2 and what Stalin said about it.

Who get GPS, na America. GLONASS is not at par with GPS.

Russia imports high-tech electronics for its own weapons that it builds from the West. When US buys from outside, it's cause of cheap labour, but Russia doesn't have the know-how to build theirs. The avionics for their planes na west dey supply am. You here say to make tanks turn problem cos of the sanctions.

America has done manned missions to moon, sent probes to mars. Please, check voyager 1 and 2, then come back and show me the russian equivalent.

I like Russia, but no be America mate for many, many things. For weapons, dem try small.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Proudlycanadian: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2022
BigBashiru:

Africa is not "still poor".... its rich..
wake up
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by tianshie(m): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2022
theTranslator:
For what?
trash.
Ignorant individual.
Have you seen Russia's new weapons?
Russia is basically the mother of weaponry in this world. US,Japan,UK modelled most of their weapons after those "outdated Soviet Era weapons"
There's a reason they got to space first. Without using slave labour like your beloved US

Internet flotsam like you should sew your maw shut and open a book. In 1967 Brezhnev sent Kamarov up in a tin box to die in space to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Soviet revolution. A Soviet "triumph" to show the US who was the boss in space.

Your principal, Putin, is attempting the same foolishness in Ukraine as May 9, "Victory day" approaches. Sending off his men to die so he can claim a post-Soviet "triumph."

I wanted to overlook your stupidity, but I got a little time before tennis. I was like, why not?
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by plaindealer: 9:50pm On Apr 15, 2022
YeyeGbami:

The super tucano wey una buy nko?

They are busy eliminating terrorists?

Hopefully, very soon, den go divert some of them to eliminate terrorists in the SE.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by skales67(m): 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2022
They are trying to buy Nigeria to the Ukrainian side.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Miracle2022: 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
ObiOkpor:
They have been buying helicopters for how long? And the country is in chaos..
we buying these ones because of ipob.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Miracle2022: 10:02pm On Apr 15, 2022
Ipob, una mama!
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Miracle2022: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2022
God bless Buhari!!!!
Since the creation of this country no president has ever equipped the military the way buhari is doing.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by theTranslator: 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2022
tianshie:

Internet flotsam like you should sew your maw shut and open a book. In 1967 Brezhnev sent Kamarov up in a tin box to die in space to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the Soviet revolution. A Soviet "triumph" to show the US who was the boss in space.

Your principal, Putin, is attempting the same foolishness in Ukraine as May 9, "Victory day" approaches. Sending off his men to die so he can claim a post-Soviet "triumph."

I wanted to overlook your stupidity, but I got a little time before tennis. I was like, why not?
did Russia get to that space before your US?
Yes or no?
I gat no time for grammer

1 Like

Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by a2d3rew(m): 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2022
Tommorow u go hear bandit shut down one, Boko Haram attack one, and buhari will borrow again to buy another one.una Weldon ooo
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by theTranslator: 10:16pm On Apr 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

Ozuor!!!

Your country willingly went to the US to buy weapons, the US agrees to sell. Now, you are talking about how it doesn't benefit us and supporting arguments that the US have a convert reason for selling the weapons to Nigeria.

If it doesn't benefit Nigeria, how is that the US business? Did they beg Nigeria to come buy weapons from them? If it doesn't benefit Nigeria, attack your president and politicians, not the US. Mumu!
I repeat.
Go and use those weapons to feed your starving villagers.
I no get time for grammer
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by theTranslator: 10:19pm On Apr 15, 2022
tplayer:

You saying American weapons are modelled after Russia's. First, the blueprint for Russia's first atomic bomb came from covert operations in the US.

American has far better technology militarily and in the consumer sector. How many russian consumer goods do you know? Make no mistake, Russia is second, but a distant second. Please, check total arms sales by US and Russia in a year.

Russia is just a big gas station with a nuclear weapon storehouse.

By the way, hope you know about the American lend-lease act of world war 2 and what Stalin said about it.

Who get GPS, na America. GLONASS is not at par with GPS.

Russia imports high-tech electronics for its own weapons that it builds from the West. When US buys from outside, it's cause of cheap labour, but Russia doesn't have the know-how to build theirs. The avionics for their planes na west dey supply am. You here say to make tanks turn problem cos of the sanctions.

America has done manned missions to moon, sent probes to mars. Please, check voyager 1 and 2, then come back and show me the russian equivalent.

I like Russia, but no be America mate for many, many things. For weapons, dem try small.

I'm talking weapons. No dey cap shit.
Many weapons the US use have Russian origins. Not vice versa.
Russia are big in weapons.
You guys under estimate Russia.
Why can't NATO(30 countries including the US) invade them?
Why are they screaming that Putin is a bully?
Why can't they beat up the bully?

1 Like

Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by Amayabor1: 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2022
theTranslator:
I repeat.
Go and use those weapons to feed your starving villagers.
I no get time for grammer

Ozuor. You don't have time for grammar, but you are blaming the US instead of blaming your useless and thieving politicians and top military men gaining from the insurgency and general insecurity so that they can be inflating the prices for military weapons and keep the balance.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by theTranslator: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

Ozuor. You don't have time for grammar, but you are blaming the US instead of blaming your useless and thieving politicians and top military men gaining from the insurgency and general insecurity so that they can be inflating the prices for military weapons and keep the balance.
I'll love you to bring the post where I "blamed the US"
You are just a fool
An incorrigible fool
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by tplayer: 10:24pm On Apr 15, 2022
theTranslator:
I'm talking weapons. No dey cap shit.
Many weapons the US use have Russian origins. Not vice versa.
Russia are big in weapons.
You guys under estimate Russia.
Why can't NATO(30 countries including the US) invade them?
Why are they screaming that Putin is a bully?
Why can't they beat up the bully?

grin grin grin

You don't know what you're talking about. I Sabi your type

Naija na the home of ignorance sha.

Enjoy. Good night.
Re: US Approves $997m Military Equipment Sale To Nigeria by generalwo(m): 10:26pm On Apr 15, 2022
Igbos will not like this news

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Chatham House, Obi Vows To Destroy "Structure Holding Nigerians Captive" / Buhari Will Not Be President Come May 29, Says Buba Galadima / Tribunal: Presidency condemns media report, says Buhari retracted nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.