Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Today Is Good Friday - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Good Friday (8759 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Akwamkpuruamu: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2022
There's no difference between the today and other days

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Southernigbo: 8:08am On Apr 15, 2022
Has there ever been any bad Friday b4?
Re: Today Is Good Friday by ofiko123(m): 8:09am On Apr 15, 2022
Happy good Friday to everyone...
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Krismas(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2022
BarrElChapo:
Today we commemorate the most sorrowful passion that our Lord Jesus Christ passed through from the Garden of Gethsemane to his death on the Cross at Calvary for our sakes and that of the whole world.

Lord Jesus for the sake of your most sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world, Amen.

grin Very significant event. But Jesus died yesterday Thursday and not today Friday
Re: Today Is Good Friday by bluefilm: 8:11am On Apr 15, 2022
BarrElChapo:
Today we commemorate the most sorrowful passion that our Lord Jesus Christ passed through from the Garden of Gethsemane to his death on the Cross at Calvary for our sakes and that of the whole world.

Lord Jesus for the sake of your most sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world, Amen.

And so what?

What's so good about the Friday?

Nonsense. angry angry angry
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Tiana06(f): 8:12am On Apr 15, 2022
Re: Today Is Good Friday by HappyPagan: 8:12am On Apr 15, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Today is the day Jesus went into hell to show satan who is boss while the tombs broke open and the saints in the tombs walked into the cities to show themselves to the people about 2000 years ago.

Only if there was youtube then so we can watch the events of this victory as they happened.
Good movie.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by buharibanjo(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2022
Today is the day people will talk rubbish a lot of rubbish wei no even supp den!!!! ���

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Cutehector(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2022
The Passion of The Christ movie.

By Mel Gibson.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by wiseone28: 8:15am On Apr 15, 2022
I still remember this day when i was a kid i will glue to our black and white television to watch Jesus moviegrin
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Skillsnigeria: 8:15am On Apr 15, 2022
grin
Re: Today Is Good Friday by nathdim: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2022
MindHacker9009:
Today is the day Jesus went into hell to show satan who is boss while the tombs broke open and the saints in the tombs walked into the cities to show themselves to the people about 2000 years ago.

Only if there was youtube then so we can watch the events of this victory as they happened.
fairy tales
Re: Today Is Good Friday by TheWolfen(m): 8:17am On Apr 15, 2022
A good day then
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 15, 2022
Amen Thank you Lord for your journey and salvation and May he protect us from those who think we are their Jesus oooo
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Stephenmoka4(m): 8:18am On Apr 15, 2022
For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and the whole word.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Karemarealty288(m): 8:19am On Apr 15, 2022
adioolayi:
Sober reflection mood.

1 John 2:2 (KJV)
reads: "And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Christ died for the whole world, He died for every individual...accept Him today and have everlasting life.

Re: Today Is Good Friday by N0rtanp: 8:21am On Apr 15, 2022
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Hotzone(m): 8:22am On Apr 15, 2022
Basically sum won’t eat meat today
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Cuttycool(f): 8:23am On Apr 15, 2022
Happy good Friday everyone
Re: Today Is Good Friday by BigDawsNet: 8:24am On Apr 15, 2022
Happy Good Friday

God bless you all
Re: Today Is Good Friday by phemmyfour: 8:24am On Apr 15, 2022
BarrElChapo:

All the way to Calvary....he went for me
Re: Today Is Good Friday by obedience4(m): 8:25am On Apr 15, 2022
MadamVanessa:
shocked

I've been playing Cece winans since morning and also in sober reflection of the ordeals our Lord Jesus Christ went through on the cross just for me, chief among sinners.

Permit me to drop the first stanza and the chorus here.

Don't think for a moment
I never felt the pain
You can't imagine
The hurt and the shame
They put the nails through my hands
Pierced my side, please, understand

It wasn't easy, but it was worth it
It wasn't easy, it wasn't easy
It wasn't easy, but it was worth it
It wasn't easy, it wasn't easy
It wasn't easy, but it was worth it.

Despite all that he went through for me, I still swim in sin everyday. I am so sorry father. Give me the grace for me to do that which pleases you Lord.

I am grateful for your unconditional love for me.

Madam you were missing in niraland throughout yesterday.. Hope you good?
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Shellsploit: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2022
...and i don chop plate of rice with enough beef

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Today Is Good Friday by phemmyfour: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2022
nathdim:
fairy tales
It's foolish to the unsaved but to us, it's the demonstration of the power of God

1Cor18-19

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Nichotivity1(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2022
Re: Today Is Good Friday by GoodIsGod: 8:26am On Apr 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Una dey commemorate, una don finish the actual work wey Jesus Christ send una to do? undecided
Last I checked, not a single one of the almost 100 commandments Jesus Christ infact gave to His followers lists anything about celebrating His death or resurrection, not even His sneezing, so I am not certain what this una good Friday dey be for since e no concern God at all at all nor does it honor Him. undecided

This is instead the day the Easter bunny disappears underground to go lay its colorful chocolate eggs all over the place so that lucky folks like me can, on Easter bunny day, go Egg hunting. HAPPY Easter bunny holiday ! grin

Holy than thou of you Jehovah's Witnesses is too much and that in its self is a sin.
If you say it is only what Jesus commanded you to do is what you'd do then there is no need for you to go to school because Jesus never did and He never commanded us to go to school.

If you have chosen to go to school which Christ never did and never commanded you to, you have no right to question who ever celebrate birthdays, Easter and Christmas.

The Passover (bread and wine) you guys celebrate is supposed to be taken by all Christ's disciples but you guys say it is for 144,000 out of the whole multitudes of christians on earth.
There is no place in the gospel where Christ stated that.
He faced the whole disciples and said " do this in my remembrance" not "144,000 of you should do this in my remembrance"
All the the disciples ate the bread and drank the wine.

You guys should face your beliefs and leave others to theirs.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday by obedience4(m): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2022
Happy good Friday to all niraland..
It calls for sober reflection as we mark the death and resurrection of the living Christ
Re: Today Is Good Friday by MadamVanessa(f): 8:27am On Apr 15, 2022
obedience4:

Madam you were missing in niraland throughout yesterday.. Hope you good?

shocked

I am doing so great dear, I hope you're good too? Thanks for the care!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is Actually Inside The Ka'abba? / Kill Bill Vo.1 - Philosophical Edition? / What Is 2013's Tag In Your Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.