Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,352 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Today Is Good Friday - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Today Is Good Friday (8739 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Is Good Friday by GardenOfGod(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2022
Thank you Jesus
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Michelle55: 8:29am On Apr 15, 2022
Mahajj:
I am reaching out to everyone regarding the kidney stones disease my mom dignosed that ruins my mom's life presently. I plead with anyone who can help me with 40k to enable me take her to the hospital in time.
she noticed unusual changes in her body, and strength.

I Have been taking care of the bills but I have nothing anymore.

Please, I beg that you put me into consideration and assist me to get rid of this sickness from her. I do not want her to die in silence Please, I will also be grateful if you make any contribution, I am on my knees.

Thank You
Una no dey tire?
Zukwanike nwokem!
I'm tired of all these bullshiit you guys are displaying on naira land every single day, it's time the mod curb all these wahala nau.
You registered this month and every one of your threads is centered on begging using your innocent( imaginary) mom.
Bros abeg, the country is already hard enough let's not add swindling and scamming to it.

What about your extended families, siblings, and close-knitted friends?
If they don't have to give you, what assures you that strangers you don't know how they are managing will do that for you?

Omo, rest in IJN!!
Re: Today Is Good Friday by obedience4(m): 8:29am On Apr 15, 2022
This are the trends you suppose see oga righteousness. But instead he dey wait for doom this doom that..
The gospel of Christ is Peace and love among men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Mahajj: 8:31am On Apr 15, 2022
Michelle55:

Una no dey tire?
Zukwanike nwokem!
I'm tired of all these bullshiit you guys are displaying on naira land every single day, it's time the mod curb all these wahala nau.
You registered this month and every one of your threads is centered on begging using your innocent( imaginary) mom.
Bros abeg, the country is already hard enough let's not add swindling and scamming to it.

What about your extended families, siblings, and close-knitted friends?
If they don't have to give you, what assures you that strangers you don't know how they are managing will do that for you?

Omo, rest in IJN!!
calm down you don't understand what is happening if you see her you will be speachless. Am not just here am doing anything possible to save her
Re: Today Is Good Friday by obedience4(m): 8:31am On Apr 15, 2022
MadamVanessa:

shocked

I am doing so great dear, I hope you're good too? Thanks for the care!

Am good, welcome back
Re: Today Is Good Friday by BloomingDale(f): 8:36am On Apr 15, 2022
BarrElChapo:
Today we commemorate the most sorrowful passion that our Lord Jesus Christ passed through from the Garden of Gethsemane to his death on the Cross at Calvary for our sakes and that of the whole world.

Lord Jesus for the sake of your most sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world, Amen.

A white man died for you, a black man?
Re: Today Is Good Friday by GoodIsGod: 8:36am On Apr 15, 2022
bluefilm:

And so what?

What's so good about the Friday?

Nonsense. angry angry angry

Your moniker has revealed your state of mind.

Get well soon.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Michelle55: 8:37am On Apr 15, 2022
Mahajj:
calm down you don't understand what is happening if you see her you will be speachless. Am not just here am doing anything possible to save her
So by doing everything possible to save her you mean begging online and creating threads?
Omo, I honestly don't know the colour of your problems but whatever it is, may you find solutions to them.

Person mama dey die as he claimed yet he's on every thread on nairaland begging instead of approaching family members and siblings to do the needful.
Wehdone boss!!

smiley
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Mahajj: 8:38am On Apr 15, 2022
Michelle55:

So by doing everything possible to save her you mean begging online and creating threads?
Omo, I honestly don't know the colour of your problems but whatever it is, may you find solutions to them.

Person mama dey die as he claimed yet he's on every thread on nairaland begging instead of approaching family members and siblings to do the needful.
Wehdone boss!!

smiley
read before you comment
Re: Today Is Good Friday by orisa37: 8:40am On Apr 15, 2022
FATHER FORGIVE US FOR WE DON'T KNOW WHAT WE ARE DOING!!!
Re: Today Is Good Friday by realray(m): 8:41am On Apr 15, 2022
LORD JESUS PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ME. AMEN.....
Re: Today Is Good Friday by juman(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2022
Happy Good Friday.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Michelle55: 8:48am On Apr 15, 2022
Mahajj:
read before you comment
Oh, I sure did and I perfectly understood the game bro grin however, let me help you understand what you just performed, your scamming tactics are wack, and anyone can see right through it cheesy

Better luck next time!
Just so you know, this moniker of yours don cast and you no go get shishi from anybody here so it's best you deactivate and try ya luck elsewhere.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by membranus: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2022
BloomingDale:

A white man died for you, a black man?

The whole human world is one. White, Black, Yellow or Red, we are all one, and Jesus Christ, a man from heaven DIED for ALL, so that we all may not die eternally.

Please think about this.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Bluebrain101: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2022
Michelle55:

Oh, I sure did and I perfectly understood the game bro grin however, let me help you understand what you just performed, your scamming tactics are wack, and anyone can see right through it cheesy

Better luck next time!
Just so you know, this moniker of yours don cast and you no go get shishi from anybody here so it's best you deactivate and try ya luck elsewhere.

Lmaooo... You're damn rude and on point!!! The guy is using 1900 format here in 2022
Re: Today Is Good Friday by SweetVibe: 8:52am On Apr 15, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Una dey commemorate, una don finish the actual work wey Jesus Christ send una to do? undecided
Last I checked, not a single one of the almost 100 commandments Jesus Christ infact gave to His followers lists anything about celebrating His death or resurrection, not even His sneezing, so I am not certain what this una good Friday dey be for since e no concern God at all at all nor does it honor Him. undecided

This is instead the day the Easter bunny disappears underground to go lay its colorful chocolate eggs all over the place so that lucky folks like me can, on Easter bunny day, go Egg hunting. HAPPY Easter bunny holiday ! grin
You talk too much which is so irritating,your I TOO KNOW (ITK) is too much.

1 Like

Re: Today Is Good Friday by Gavel(m): 8:57am On Apr 15, 2022
Nekky5:
Does good Friday alone call for sober reflection? What happens after the resurrection Sunday morning? How do we live our live afterwards? Does the Holy week end on Sunday and our normal life style continue? The nails,thorny crown on his Head, mockery, spits, stones thrown at Him , thorough beatings with hard objects are reminder to His mission on the cross. The purpose of that journey, is it achieved in your life today? Happy Easter in advance.

I like this. I think we should not focus too much on the religious activities lined up this period but instead focus on the reason behind the sacrifice of Christ and to live the life Christ requires us to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Today Is Good Friday by DECENTBWOY: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2022
Today is good Friday, someone should bless a brother with something to eat...

Nothing is too small

Wema bank

Thank you and God bless you...
Re: Today Is Good Friday by bluefilm: 9:10am On Apr 15, 2022
GoodIsGod:
Your moniker has revealed your state of mind.

Get well soon.

Please don't make me laugh.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by AngelicBeing: 9:14am On Apr 15, 2022
cool
Re: Today Is Good Friday by AngelicBeing: 9:15am On Apr 15, 2022
Shellsploit:
...and i don chop plate of rice with enough beef

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nothing wrong in eating on good Friday, na fufu and ofe owerri soup or Bitter leaf soup mixed with oha soup loaded with kpomo, shaki, fried goat meat and hot pounded yam dey hungry me now tongue
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:20am On Apr 15, 2022
Happy Good Friday!!!

We shouldn’t take for granted the sacrifices God made for us.
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Dyke15(m): 9:27am On Apr 15, 2022
This is where u will love and appreciate the beauty of the CATHOLIC CHURCH
Re: Today Is Good Friday by BloomingDale(f): 9:31am On Apr 15, 2022
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Visvangel(m): 9:41am On Apr 15, 2022
exCHRISTIAN:
shocked

I WAS ONCE A CHRISTIAN

BUT NO LONGER, I REALISED JESUS WAS OVERHYPED

Every Good Friday, Christian pastors stand in their pulpits and tell the biggest lie of the Christian faith.

In their zeal to overstate the suffering of Jesus – as if being tortured and nailed to a cross for six hours isn’t bad enough – they will attempt to convince people in the pews that Jesus also experienced a spiritual separation from the Father and that, for the first time in all Eternity, the bond between Father and Son was severed.

This is never taught anywhere in the Bible.

Not once.

Next, they will add one last insult by confidently asserting that the Father turned His face away from Jesus in that same moment because of all of that awful sin – your sins and mine – that were laid upon him.

But…there isn’t one single verse – not one hint, anywhere – that the Father turned away from Jesus at any time.

It’s just not there.

And yet, somehow, in hundreds of thousands of Christian Churches across the globe, where pastors routinely claim to teach/preach ONLY what the Bible says and not what they wish it said, or any man-made doctrines, they will quite ironically do exactly that.

Where is the verse that claims the Father and the Son were ever separated from one another?

Where is the scripture that affirms that the Father turned His face away from the Son?

There aren’t any verses that say these things.

Yet no one ever challenges these outright lies or questions this fabricated narrative.

Every Good Friday, and every Easter, preachers, teachers and pastors repeat this absolute fairy tale theology over and over again until no one questions it and everyone believes it’s the Gospel truth.

But, it’s not. It’s a big, fat, huge lie.

The closest thing to a proof text for these two huge lies is found only in one place, and even then it says nothing even close to what pastors try to make it say.

Here’s the verse: “And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabaktanei?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

“…They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.” [v.18]

Wow. That’s pretty amazing. Jesus quotes the first line of a well-known Hebrew worship song while on the cross which predicts his own crucifixion.

But, let’s keep reading that same chapter in Psalms to see if there are any other clues about why Jesus might have referenced it. If we do we’ll read this startling statement:

“For God has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.” [v.24]

Anyone who halfway tries to study the reference Jesus makes to Psalm 22 cannot help but notice that the Scriptures deny the idea that God would turn his face away from Jesus as they pierce his hands and his feet, and as they divide his clothing and cast lots for his garment. No! It emphatically and decisively proclaims that God HAS NOT HIDDEN HIS FACE FROM HIM!

What more proof do we need?

How about what Jesus himself says?

“A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.” [John 16:32]

So, if your pastor or Sunday School teacher tries to convince you that Jesus experienced separation from God on the cross, or that the Father turned his face away from Jesus as he was being crucified, feel free to challenge their poor scholarship.

Better yet, urge them to preach the truth rather than spread lies. Encourage them to preach what the scriptures actually teach:

“That God was in Christ not counting our sins against us but reconciled the World to Himself” [2 Cor. 5:19]

“God is love and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.” [1 John 4:16]

Good thoughts there bro.

But not everything will be expressly stated in the Bible for it to be true.

And not every bit of theory you don't have a total support for makes you throw away your faith.

In all, I like your exegesis (or what do they call it?)
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Amanda002: 9:47am On Apr 15, 2022
Nothing good about this Friday, its good to have money
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Ddigit: 9:56am On Apr 15, 2022
I wonder what is GOOD on this Friday when there is no FOOD on my table....
Re: Today Is Good Friday by nathdim: 9:57am On Apr 15, 2022
phemmyfour:
It's foolish to the unsaved but to us, it's the demonstration of the power of God

1Cor18-19

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
For it is written: "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate."
fairy tales reloaded
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Samunique(m): 10:03am On Apr 15, 2022
exCHRISTIAN:
shocked

I WAS ONCE A CHRISTIAN

BUT NO LONGER, I REALISED JESUS WAS OVERHYPED

Every Good Friday, Christian pastors stand in their pulpits and tell the biggest lie of the Christian faith.

In their zeal to overstate the suffering of Jesus – as if being tortured and nailed to a cross for six hours isn’t bad enough – they will attempt to convince people in the pews that Jesus also experienced a spiritual separation from the Father and that, for the first time in all Eternity, the bond between Father and Son was severed.

This is never taught anywhere in the Bible.

Not once.

Next, they will add one last insult by confidently asserting that the Father turned His face away from Jesus in that same moment because of all of that awful sin – your sins and mine – that were laid upon him.

But…there isn’t one single verse – not one hint, anywhere – that the Father turned away from Jesus at any time.

It’s just not there.

And yet, somehow, in hundreds of thousands of Christian Churches across the globe, where pastors routinely claim to teach/preach ONLY what the Bible says and not what they wish it said, or any man-made doctrines, they will quite ironically do exactly that.

Where is the verse that claims the Father and the Son were ever separated from one another?

Where is the scripture that affirms that the Father turned His face away from the Son?

There aren’t any verses that say these things.

Yet no one ever challenges these outright lies or questions this fabricated narrative.

Every Good Friday, and every Easter, preachers, teachers and pastors repeat this absolute fairy tale theology over and over again until no one questions it and everyone believes it’s the Gospel truth.

But, it’s not. It’s a big, fat, huge lie.

The closest thing to a proof text for these two huge lies is found only in one place, and even then it says nothing even close to what pastors try to make it say.

Here’s the verse: “And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lema sabaktanei?” that is, “My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?”

“…They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.” [v.18]

Wow. That’s pretty amazing. Jesus quotes the first line of a well-known Hebrew worship song while on the cross which predicts his own crucifixion.

But, let’s keep reading that same chapter in Psalms to see if there are any other clues about why Jesus might have referenced it. If we do we’ll read this startling statement:

“For God has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.” [v.24]

Anyone who halfway tries to study the reference Jesus makes to Psalm 22 cannot help but notice that the Scriptures deny the idea that God would turn his face away from Jesus as they pierce his hands and his feet, and as they divide his clothing and cast lots for his garment. No! It emphatically and decisively proclaims that God HAS NOT HIDDEN HIS FACE FROM HIM!

What more proof do we need?

How about what Jesus himself says?

“A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.” [John 16:32]

So, if your pastor or Sunday School teacher tries to convince you that Jesus experienced separation from God on the cross, or that the Father turned his face away from Jesus as he was being crucified, feel free to challenge their poor scholarship.

Better yet, urge them to preach the truth rather than spread lies. Encourage them to preach what the scriptures actually teach:

“That God was in Christ not counting our sins against us but reconciled the World to Himself” [2 Cor. 5:19]

“God is love and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.” [1 John 4:16]
What's your point exactly
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Adeesther56(f): 10:18am On Apr 15, 2022
May God grant us the blessings of Good Friday
Re: Today Is Good Friday by Revolva(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2022
nothing good about the friday

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Where Was Jesus (the Christ) Between Age 13-29 / Annunaki , Have You Read The Old Testament / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.