Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? (15717 Views)

Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) / Igbos, Will You Marry An Osu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by 4real(m): 5:27am On Feb 23, 2006
well all of you thank you, so i can go and get married to my ijebu woman, what good news that would be for her, but i think the main think is not where you come from, but who you are, you are a product of your envoiroment so where did you grow up and who where does who brought you up and how do you see the world yourself, is how you become who you are, not where you are from.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Seun(m): 9:59am On Feb 23, 2006
I agree with you. Thanks for sharing. It's who you are and not where you come from. cool
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Greatpeter(m): 11:09am On Feb 24, 2006
There is nothing wrong with Ijebu ladies since they come from different families and backgrounds.
I can marry anyone from anywhere in the world.

It's just a perception about Ijebu ladies that they don't stay in their husband's house and again if the hus is rich they might induced him to death especially if he's rich and not faithful.
they are prepared to kill him and get away with his money.

It's just what happens anywhere and not only Ijebus.
So if I see a beauty queen from Ijebu I will go for her.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by 4real(m): 4:41am On Feb 25, 2006
well spoken like a true great man
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by eliztoy(f): 8:14am On Feb 28, 2006
Who says ijebu ladies are lonely?
As an ijebu lady,am nt lonely rather most ijebu ladies are homely,exciting,religious and committed.
i think this ijebu stuff is all about stereotype.
i have an ijesha man that's looking for an ijebu man to marry.
jebusites are cool peoplesmiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by exu(m): 3:54pm On Feb 28, 2006
It's just a perception about Ijebu ladies that they don't stay in their husband's house and again if the hus is rich they might induced him to death especially if he's rich and not faithful.
they are prepared to kill him and get away with his money.

You could say that about women from any part of the globe.

People are people.

You guys are silly.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Femonjay(m): 4:24pm On Aug 24, 2007
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady?
« #30 on: February 22, 2006, 04:43 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still looking for these lonely and lovely Ijebu women. If you find some let me know!

Seun, i can get u one so you can talk to me
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by jaso1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2007
EWE SO DEDE EWEN I JEBU RE WA NIBE,
I'm typical ijebu man and i will never trade that for criticism as some people have already indicate here.
We ijebus are very intelligent and humble, the docility is apparent in our character.
for those who dislike ijebu should try and check themself up, they may be lacking what attain to calibres of quality people.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2007
If I wanted to marry a Nigerian lady, then yes, I'd marry an Ijebu lady. The tribe difference has never been an issue to me.

They're all lovely Nigerian ladies, and I don't differentiate them by tribe - I integrate them by the fact they're all Nigerian.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by engrsegs: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2007
hi seun my name is segun.Am dating an ijebu lady nw is it nt ok 4 i believe in love and others can be done later
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by engrsegs: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2007
To be sincere tribalism should be out of marriage since we are all Nigerian.As for me if love exist btw me and an Ijebu lady i will do marry her
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by iyaaje(m): 5:25pm On Aug 24, 2007
ijebu lady?
the bad mama jama,
the moda of jazzy jaz,
ogun baba ogun,
eweso ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by laudate: 8:15pm On Aug 24, 2007
hayo:
Ijebu Woman - Too Worldy, loves party and may kill you before you are wise to marry another woman
Ondo Woman - Lailai, one husband can never fill her cupboard
Ibadan Woman - Very rass, dirty and cunny
Ekiti Woman - Yeepa, you wan die. She is too bloody tough. Alagidi
Ife Woman - Oluku mi ree ni (Meaning they love concubines )
Oyo Woman - Sango o, Oko Oya,  them dey go herbalist's house like market

Oya, you never talk am finish o! grin If you say the Ijebu woman loves to party, what about the Isale-Eko babe?? Na which category that one go be?  wink

I found your post too funny for words. All these stereotypes serve very little purpose. The truth is that people with all the negative characters you cited above, exist in each & every ethnic group, sub-tribe, neighbourhood or compound. I have been to some towns, whose indigenes exhibit each and every one of these traits you mentioned. You can find party-lovers and herbalist devotees in your own village, sef.   wink Even in Papa Adeboye's village, or Rev. Kumuyi's town, you will find people spreading negative stereotypes about the inhabitants.

hayo:
So which one we go come marry. It is not only Ijebu women that have stigmas associated to them, almost every town in Yoruba land has one or two. I have come to realise that it is a personal race and no matter where you come from, you decide what you believe and what you want to do. So, look for a good woman and not a woman from a particular ethnic group or town.

Like you rightly pointed out above in your concluding remarks, what matters most (like someone else also said earlier) is the quality of the person's character. Wasn't it the late Martin Luther King that said 'men should be judged by the content of their character and not the colour of their skin?' If we paraphrase that, we ought to say: let's all relate to people or judge them based on the content of their character, and not based on their ethnic background, or village stereotypes.

Every human being has some good, bad & even downright ugly aspects, that make up his intrinsic behaviour. There are no holy saints, anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 29, 2007
IJEBU lady and Juju, dem bi dey same family.
dem no fit do without each other
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by fuzek: 3:17pm On Aug 29, 2007
willywilly:

IJEBU lady and Juju, them bi dey same family.
them no fit do without each other

Willywilly relax o!!! wetin dem take do u any ijebu lady don jazz u talk true wink

4get these stereotypes thinggyy! Ijebu ro nwa (dunno if rite o) wink
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by nana(f): 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2007
Me i dey represent Ijebu anytime anyday.
Jazz ko,rock 'n' roll ni.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 29, 2007
ijebu lady = juju lady
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by nana(f): 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2007
willywilly:

ijebu lady = juju lady
EhEh. . .i no fit laugh.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2007
EhEh. . .i no fit laugh. grin
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by iyaaje(m): 9:37pm On Aug 30, 2007
Yesssssssssssssssssss,they have ido{clitoris}
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by na2day2(m): 6:33am On Oct 15, 2007
hmmmmm, this one na waec topic sha. all i have to say is there r good ones but plssssssssssssssssssss, look before u leap. it is not just ijebu but egba too, infact the entire ogun state can give anyone shivers.i served in ogun, imeko and stayed in abeokuta for a while, also visited many places and studying the people's culture and i was way too shocked at the things they do.many corpers that didnt believe in jazz, saw first hand live juju. many guys kept heir pants up not because little john didnt want some actions but what we found out and saw there easily convinced people to zip up. if u have to be with any ogun person, make sure that person is a serious and i mean very serious christian because issues buckle for there. shocked shocked
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 11:59am On Dec 11, 2007
Am a typical Ijebu lady. kiss kiss kiss

We are highly educated,highly social, goal getter,caring,sophisticated,house wives material, classy,, wat else do u want in a lady that we dont have?

You will never regret having todays Ijebu lady as a friend / wife.

The best dressed woman / lady in Nigeria is an Ijebu person.

We are the initiator of 'Aso ebi', we are the party maker, just call one Ijebu lady / man to ur party and see the outcome, you will never regret it.

We are happy people in Ijebu land with a class. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by na2day2(m): 7:34am On Dec 12, 2007
film trick grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tawa-Temi:

Am a typical Ijebu lady. kiss kiss kiss

We are highly educated,highly social, goal getter,caring,sophisticated,house wives material, classy,, what else do u want in a lady that we don't have?

You will never regret having todays Ijebu lady as a friend / wife.

The best dressed woman / lady in Nigeria is an Ijebu person.

We are the initiator of 'Aso ebi', we are the party maker, just call one Ijebu lady / man to your party and see the outcome, you will never regret it.

We are happy people in Ijebu land with a class. grin grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 11:10am On Dec 12, 2007
na2day?:

film trick grin grin grin grin grin grin

Prove it      smiley smiley smiley[quote][/quote]
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by na2day2(m): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2007
hell ya i can! i served in ogun and i have been in and around ijebu lands even up to waterside and it is far from what u r trying to present. some are educated (even that one get comma), they love to party but manners, na zero. unless ur own ijebu is in cameroon. grin grin grin

Tawa-Temi:

Prove it      smiley smiley smiley

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2007
na2day?:

hell ya i can! i served in ogun and i have been in and around ijebu lands even up to waterside and it is far from what you're trying to present. some are educated (even that one get comma), they love to party but manners, na zero. unless your own ijebu is in cameroon. grin grin grin

Well it depends on those you mixed with. But believe me, Ijebu people are nice and caring people.
Yes we love party, and wats the big deal there?

We are merry makers, we are happy people.

Maybe you mixed up with the wrong people.

Mind you all tribes do have their flaws too.

My own Ijebu is not from Cameroon my dear, am a proud Ijebu babe but grew up on the Island.

I do visit my town on every Ileya and other festive period. grin grin cheesy cheesy

If I may ask, where are you from?
lets analyse where you are also from.
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by na2day2(m): 6:51am On Dec 13, 2007
me? proudly nigerian. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Tawa-Temi:

Well it depends on those you mixed with. But believe me, Ijebu people are nice and caring people.
Yes we love party, and wats the big deal there?

We are merry makers, we are happy people.

Maybe you mixed up with the wrong people.

Mind you all tribes do have their flaws too.

My own Ijebu is not from Cameroon my dear, am a proud Ijebu babe but grew up on the Island.

I do visit my town on every Ileya and other festive period. grin grin cheesy cheesy

If I may ask, where are you from?
lets analyse where you are also from.

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by willy4: 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
Tawa-Temi:

Well it depends on those you mixed with.
I do visit my town on every Ileya and other festive period.
e no matter, If you grew up, or visit 1/2 time a year.
Ijebu Lady= Juju Lady
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by na2day2(m): 7:18am On Dec 14, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
willy*2:

Ijebu Lady= Juju Lady

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 10:51am On Dec 14, 2007
willy*2:

Ijebu Lady= Juju Lady

If I may ask, have you been jazzed before?

Seems you are talking from experience because thats the only thing you were able to post on this thread.

Where are you from?

There is no village in Africa without tradition / history.  African traditions gave room for juju or watever you call it. But it now depend on individual to subject him/herself to such belief in this modern age.

So my dear, prove it to me that in your so called village, there is no herbalist. smiley

And I will tell you that even in the civilised states, they believe in the word witches/ wizards and magicians.

African villages do have their traditions, but I still don't see any reason why you have to pin it on Ijebu people alone, or are u jealous? or is it because we are social and popular people?

In my house we are Ijebu, and we believe so much in the ALMIGHTY GOD and not Juju.

So come of it, the world is changing and you better move with the trend, stop the living in the past that Ijebu people are Juju people.

Unless you are talking from experince that you have been jazzed then,,   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by OMUWUNMI: 4:30pm On Dec 14, 2007
yes oooooooooooooooo,even though some of them are stingy,they have ido{clitoris} and that one be the real koko grin
Re: Can You Marry An Ijebu Lady? by TawaTemi1(f): 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2007
OMUWUNMI:

yes oooooooooooooooo,even though some of them are stingy,they have ido{clitoris} and that one be the real koko grin

Whatever,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If its to satisfy our husbands/ wifey cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crab Mentality / Meanings Of Musical Instruments In Your Language / Who Is Yoruba / How Do You Know You Are Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.