Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) (7273 Views)

13 Things You Must Know Before You Marry An Ijebu Girl / Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 6:44pm On Jan 05, 2015
Happy new year to all Ijebu people on nairaland

EWE SO O O ! ! !

This place is where everything Jebustic (from a personal perspective) will be brought to the forefront

I'll be giving insights to the city and my times in the city

The next post by me would be long, take your time, beckon on Ijebu people, anti-ijebu, and anybody jebu-connected. because it's gonna be a long ride
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 10:11am On Jan 06, 2015
So here is a preamble, about the Ijebu boy, and then, his city.

ME

Uhm, I'm Adefunmiloye, born and bred in Ijebu-Ode. I was born in Ogunlade hospiru, one of the foremost private hospirus in the city. I used to belong to the Ogunade family of Itantebo, I heard they are the king makers. Now I belong to the Alanis: my own family that the only bearer of the surname is me. I attended iya lesson's daycare till I was 3, then I proceeded to Gloria Nursery and Primary School, Oguntuga street in the year 1994, two years after the school was formed. I got into the best secondary school in the city and the world six years later, the only boys-only school in the land. Had issues with my O-levels and had to be "admitted" into Way to Success International College, Ikoto.(WASICO). Eight years into the latest new millennium, I decided to go to Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, located near a bush-town close to Ilorin. That step was taken after my 5-years' Unilag dreams were taken from my sleep. I read mechanical engineering and graduated with a first class

A first class from the back

I've only given my educational journey. Now this is who I am:

To my family folks:
I'm that dude that awaits Nysc, after having read mechanical engineering.

To a part of my pals:
I'm a rapper

To another part of my pals:
I'm a writer

To a larger part of my pals:
I'm a comedian and m.c

To God:
I'm a son

To the world:
I'm him who they would hear of soonest than soon

To nairalanders:
I'm unknown

To myself:

I WON'T TELL YOU, YOU GIST-ADDICT

Family background:
I used to hail from a nuclear family of six ;My mum ;my eldest brother, Bayo; my elder brother, Femi; my only elder sister, Tutu; my grandma, Iya Abeokuta and me. My mother and the grand one are now late. My dad who wasn't really a part of the family save for the sperm he gave that made me, is also dead. I think that's all.

OK OK OK. My city

IJEBU-ODE

I grew up in this city, I didn't step out of it's boundaries till I was eight. I'll be 24 in 6 days' time, and I'm sure I've spent an accumulated 19 years in Ijb. I love her to death and am always proud of her, hence one of my monikers - sharp ijebu boy. I spent 3 years in Imupa, then moved to Ondo road where I was till 13, and then now I take my abode in Molipa's unity estate.

MY OWN VERSION OF THE CITY'S HISTORY

Omo mehn! ! ! I got to know of some stories in my jss days, secrets that I'd expose to itching eyes and ears. Once upon a time, before Econet started selling Sims for 20k, before Abacha ate those apples, before the Queen came to Nigeria, there were two handsome dudes that wandered aimlessly about. One called himself AJEBU(merchant sea trader), the other couldn't find a more sexier name to call himself than OLODE(the outsider). They met each other, had sex and gave birth to iJEBU-ODE. Crazy scandal exposed right? Aha! That's how I do. Obanta(the king outside) is somewhere in the story, but dude didn't copulate.

REAL TALK

For the ijebu-knowledge-illiterates, the city is located between Berger in Lagos and Challenge in Ibadan. 90 minutes from the former, 45 minutes from the latter. It houses the paramount ruler of Ijebu land, the Awujale (the land disputes' settler ). Apart from Ijebu-Ode, there are some other Ijebu-name bearing towns. Ijebu-Igbo,Ijebu-Imushin, Ijebu-Ife, Atan-Ijebu, Ijebu-Remo and so many this-way-to's. Ijebu-Ijesa is not part of the equation, only they know their story(s).

The Ijebus are the most populous yoruba sub-tribes, a dialect known as Ijebu is spoken. It's a mixture of the yoruba, French,@ Chinese, Indian and little Arabic languages. Shey dede ewen omojebu parapo n geti mi o? From inception and till the end of time, the Ijebus will always be falsely-alleged of stinginess. It's pathetic Nigerians can't differentiate between first-class accountancy prudent economics and stinginess. The Ijebus love life to it's fullest.

The next posts from the sharp Ijebu boy will hence focus on different aspects and sectors of the city, from his own seemly-sick perspective.

Wen se o o ! ! !

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 10:13am On Jan 06, 2015
Zeemoor

read on iye mi

side ibosi odowen wa nijebu ke?
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 06, 2015
Errmmmm
*Mi o ki n se omo Ijebu per se but mo ti gbe ni ilu Ijebu ri
Odun merin aye mi ni mo lo ni Ilu ijebu Ode
I came in because in a way, I'm Ijebu-connected (as you stated in your OP)
Omo Yewa ni mi
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2015
hmmmm

hmmmm

irinkerindo

you welcome on board ma
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 08, 2015
funmo:
hmmmm

hmmmm

irinkerindo

you welcome on board ma

Oga ju
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 11:10am On Jan 08, 2015
Lagunna:

Oga ju

kiga ju ke?
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 11:38am On Jan 08, 2015
funmo:

kiga ju ke?

kintus ni grin

baba ijebu
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 08, 2015
Zeemoor:
Errmmmm
*Mi o ki n se omo Ijebu per se but mo ti gbe ni ilu Ijebu ri
Odun merin aye mi ni mo lo ni Ilu ijebu Ode
I came in because in a way, I'm Ijebu-connected (as you stated in your OP)
Omo Yewa ni mi

Omo igbogila ni e grin
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Mzgracie(f): 12:23pm On Jan 08, 2015
Lagunna:

kintus ni grin

baba ijebu

Hian!!!

Baba musiliu
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
Mzgracie:

Hian!!!

Baba musiliu

Mama Segun grin
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Ishilove: 5:14pm On Jan 08, 2015
funmo:
Zeemoor

read on iye mi

side ibosi odowen wa nijebu ke?
Ijebu mi ree cheesy
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 8:17pm On Jan 08, 2015
Ishilove:

Ijebu mi ree cheesy

you just murdered me and my dialect though

It's "ijebu re mi wa" ... simple

s m h

I'd dedicate a post to people like you that can't speak ijebu, dede wen mi se omo ijebu atata ke. ki de?
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2015
See, this whole thread of mine is gonna be kinda selfish. Everything I say about the city will be from my perspective. But, this first:

IKOKORE versus GARRI IJEBU

These dishes are Ijebu-owned, OK garri (roasted cassava flakes) is not a dish, but I do dish it. The Ikokore is often called Ifokore by those that love to corrupt languages, It's iko ko re. Made from a type of yam called isu ikokore, It's a delicacy anyone that wants to make heaven must eat before they bid earth bye. On Ojude-Oba's day, It's cooked and exchanged between families and houses. But most often times, It's consumed on weekends, because it takes time to prepare. Get yourself some tubers of isu ikokore and let me give you my own recipe.

Follow at your own risk

Step 1

Get the yam tubers, a yam grinder(called irin. . . I don't mean metal or iron), panla Fishes, crayfish, salt, MUCH OF OIL, maggi, a pot and a stove.

Step 2

Peel the yams till they get slippery enough, and start eating. E SWEET?

Step 3

Pour the grounded yam into an already boiling water. Don't cover it, I'm serious. It becomes foamy and spills off the pot when It's covered. Afterwards, add oil, pepper, salt, fish, maggi, ponmo, elephant meat and lion meat

Step 5

Go and pour everything in the dustbin..

Step 4

Learn how to prepare ikokore from the experts.

Ikokore sweet wella o. Especially if you devour it with eba. O boy.

But I mean, Garri on It's own is a god amongst fast foods. Especially grade 1 garri ijebu.
It's the one we call garri to kan(super-finely ground dry garri).
It's made from cassava. After the cassava tubers might have been collected, they are peeled, and ground. Then they get fermented and dried in a large basin under heavy fire, It's the process called yiyan garri. The best of garris in other land will pass for grade 4 garri ijebu, It's simply the best. When drunk, add milk and honey, your tongue will experience orgasmic feelings.

These two are the only ijebu-affiliated foods. No other land can make them better than we do. Ikokore over sandwich, garri flakes over pizza.

1 Like

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Ishilove: 11:12pm On Jan 08, 2015
funmo:

you just murdered me and my dialect though

It's "ijebu re mi wa" ... simple

s m h

I'd dedicate a post to people like you that can't speak ijebu, dede wen mi se omo ijebu atata ke. ki de?
Errr, ijebu ayaga yege...

cheesy grin
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 09, 2015
Lagunna:

Omo igbogila ni e grin

You seem to have confused me with someone else
Egbon, Zeemoore lelelyi o, ki n se shoefreak
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 09, 2015
Zeemoor:

You seem to have confused me with someone else
Egbon, Zeemoore lelelyi o, ki n se shoefreak

ehnn sebi both of you are from igbogi tongue
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 09, 2015
No, I'm not from igbo firewood grin

Lagunna:

ehnn sebi both of you are from igbogi tongue
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 09, 2015
Zeemoor:
No, I'm not from igbo firewood grin

omo igbo ni e jo. kedu grin
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
Lagunna:

omo igbo ni e jo. kedu grin
Nwanem, Odinma oo
Kedu ihe n'eme?
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 10, 2015
Zeemoor:

Nwanem, Odinma oo
Kedu ihe n'eme?

O di mma nwanyi mara mma nke ukwu
Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
PINSHURES so u can blive it

1: the royal archway leading to the palace road

2: where the king was born,ile oba. i was born beside the house to the left. its in Imupa.

3: entrance into the palace road

4: palace gate 2

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
5: entrance into the palace stadium

6: entrance into the palace

7: palace gate 1

8: palace gate 1

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
9: the palace mini-bowl

10: front view of the Awujale palace

11: palace road entry

12: palace road entry from ita osu market

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
13: palace road entry

14: ita osu market

15: ita osu market

16: ita osu/eti itale (evening market)

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
17: lagos garage overhead bridge

18: lgob

19: lgob

20: under the lgob

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
21: under the lgob

22: ijb's foremost mansion beside lg

23: overhead brigde sideview

24: same as 23

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
25: lgob

26: lgob

27: lgob

28: on top of the lagos garage overhead brigde

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
29: on top of the lgob

30: same as 29

31: same as 30

32: the lagos garage motor park

Re: An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) by funmo(m): 9:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
33: lgmp

34: lgmp

35: the overhead bridge view from oyingbo

36: new market gate B

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ndigbo Celebrates Igbo Day At Asaba, Delta State / Ndigbo:which Other Igbo Dialect Do You Love And Want To Learn? / Itsekiris Finally Discard 1979 Edict Insist That They Are Yorubas Not Bini

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.