Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,523 members, 7,826,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign (52367 Views)

Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / 2019: Tinubu Adamant About Decision On Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Amumaigwe: 6:01pm On Apr 16, 2022
simpleseyi:
Lagos is better off without Ambode whose wife humiliated a Clergy for not attending to her before others.

The black fat Ambode himself canceled all the Projects started by Fashola and Tinubu. Lagos has a Master plan unlike other states. Anyone that attempts to derail the Lagos Master plan will be pushed out. That is why you will not see a single abandoned project in Lagos unlike the several abandoned projects in other states

The master plan as drafted by the Landlord general of Lagos to suit his personal aggrandizement Who dictated to him while he was governor?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Donshegxy10(m): 6:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
Eriokanmi:
It's not fake news. I've heard about it since yesterday morning . Ambide's sins was because he refused to award contracts to Tinubu's cronies who would either do substandard work or not do antrhing after collecting mobilisation. Lagos State recorded budget surplus for the first time in decades under Ambode. Come to alimosho, the same local government area where aregbe would deeply tinubu friends to do road contract that eouid only be eroded away with one rainfall.

Not even Tinubu couid match his 8 years of governorship with that of ambode in projects. Tinubu's chickens are coming home.to roost. When you are unforgiving, your pitfall is imminent. Let's see how he gets the ticket. Evening he sells one of his 3 jets, he'd still not get it. Come back here after primaries and call me names if apc gave him the ticket

so the lawma contractors were not efficient before ambode sacked them.

You dont understand the intricacies, ambode was trying to cut them off and build his own political empire.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Sleekfingers: 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:

let me educate you.....
The mandate group has the highest number in lagos APC then, it was led by aregbesola and cardinal odunbaku, they were the ones who said ambode will not be allowed to go for 2nd term.

Backtrack; when ambode collected the contract from lawma contractors, the mandate group begged ambode but he did not move, aregnesola came from osun state because of the issue, ambode kept him waiting for hours without no headway.

Remember that buhari called tinubu to abuja 2 times on the issue, after meeting with mandate group, the group led by his asst leader baba eto, said if APC try to give ambode the ticket they will vote for the opposition party.

IF YOU ARE ASIWAJU WHAT WILL YOU DO?

Many people think tinubu makes all the decision alone all the time, but it is not true.

When tinubu was against fashola 2nd time, the party told him that if you go against this man , the party will lose.

Tinubu is a party man, who always put the party first.

Help me tell dem ooooo......since dem know nothing about lagos politics.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Web2020: 6:04pm On Apr 16, 2022
UncommonLogic:

By this time next year, you will be saying Bola Hamed Tinubu, the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria. Start practicing.
Day dreamer! Continue in Patience voice.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Amumaigwe: 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
helinues:

So between Ambode and SanwoOlu, who has performed better? Is SanwoOlu not a good replacement for Ambode?

Wondering how some of you guys care much about the happening in Lagos state and other SW states when your region SE is nothing to talk about, SE with no godfatherism but still in Dilapidated state.

Imagine Abaribe having the guts to say he wants to contest for Abia governor, a governor inside a zoo. He should have waited for the Utopia Biafra and vie for the president instead. Same Abaribe that has been in the Senate for over a decade but nothing to point out to in terms of development and projects.

You guys should continue chasing SW shadow cos na your guidance to brim light

Oga shut up. Lagos is a nomansland developed by the entire Nigerians especially the Igbos. BTW, how many plots of land do you have in Lagos?
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by ATTAH012(m): 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Dats serve him right,,,, d man NV had d heart of 4giveness,, such man,, when he became d president nobody will be able to advise me,,, I think he NV had d hearts of leadership skills
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by emerged01(m): 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
first to do no dey pain.

the life~time ambition of the lagos landlord cum pampers ambassador is dead on arrival.
Follow media at your own peril. What will you do when you see Ambode campaigning for Tinubu at the end of the day. Dont forget politics is a game of interest. If na me be Ambode na to negotiate with him remain.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Sleekfingers: 6:06pm On Apr 16, 2022
Esseite:

Was Ambode not an APC member?... say it as it is, nobody would beat you.. Ambode did more for Lagos and Lagosians in 4years than even Fashola or Tinubu while refusing to be blackmailed into sharing monies without purpose, which is the reason for Visionscape.

Than Fashola? You better stop taking that Mpuru Mmiri, before you enter market
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Web2020: 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2022
emerged01:

Follow media at your own peril. What will you do when you see Ambode campaigning for Tinubu at the end of the day. Dont forget politics is a game of interest. If na me be Ambode na to negotiate with him remain.
Ambode can not be a fool, therefore Ambode cannot be you
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Upton: 6:10pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:

so unfortunate, what you want does not matter at the moment, the party delegates will make that decision.
What I and millions of Nigerians want matter. Nigerians will decide who they want as their leader on election day. Unless you guys plan to do some Abracadabra. I am sure it's on Lagosians that love the mandate group. Ya'll should keep it.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by stacyadams: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amumaigwe:

The master plan as drafted by the Landlord general of Lagos to suit his personal aggrandizement Who dictated to him while he was governor?

The master plan of running Lagos with agberos and extortion
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Okobola146: 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
Tinubu just dey waste him time, buhari no go handover to him. I use my prick to bet it with anyone
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by ZIAZI(m): 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
It's crazy! What is Mandate Group?

So even the electorates are at the mercy of one cabal group that would make a decision and ensure it comes to pass?

What are some people here defending? Why would you want to influence an incumbent governor to do what he doesn't want to? Are you part of his cabinet?

It's obvious we do not practice democracy but plutocracy.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Amumaigwe: 6:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
gr8ofnnetwork:
Why is it that Tinubu matter dey give SS/SE people headache more than SW? You guys should be ashamed that don't want to face those criminal monsters that failed your states and region instead of twerking on BAT matter. Win or lose, Tinubu has paid his dues.

Because Tinubu has succeeded in chaining and blindfolding SWners. The only people that seem to see through his machinations are Igbos and we look no faces in saying the truth.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amumaigwe:

But the voice of the people, is the voice of God. Since the people have rejected him, God has also rejected him.
Na lie. Na only haters rejected him.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by emerged01(m): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
Web2020:
Ambode can not be a fool, therefore Ambode cannot be you
Oh ok! I will come back to quote you when it happens.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by ledaman: 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
alsudan:
Ambode was very popular among the Governors and to this day is loved and admired by the President.

Thiefnidu denied that man a second term, Ministerial appointment and the later vacant Senatorial seat, despite the Presidents plea.

An unforgiven Buhari was just waiting for the right time to strike the drug Baron back. His final humiliation will happen in May.
You are a learner in politics either direct or indirect primary election no body even the mere commissioner can't defeat jagaban ! For your information Buhari has little influence on who will become is successor. The powers lies on the delegates.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by ledaman: 6:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:

nothing to cry about from here.....
You hear the governors, you see them in action whereever the man is going.

Jagaban has the highest numbers of apc governors support.

What about senate and house of reps, dont let me go there because the AYES have it.

I believe you must have watched the senate majority leader interview with tears in your eyes like a 1 year old baby.

You dont matter in the scheme of things, those that matters are declaring for the leader.

GOD BLESS ASIWAJU OF NIGERIA, "according to the richest man in africa".
The guy is a kid in politics analysis
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Amumaigwe: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:

its obvious you know little about lagos politics.

Let me give you this last response.

Governors are more daring during 2nd term because they have nothing to lose, if ambode can bite the fingers that fed him during his 1st tenure what do you think he will do if he get the nod for 2nd term, maybe he will cut off their heads......

I still repeat that tinubu hands were tied regarding ambode.
Ask anyone close to the party hierachy, dont just follow what is been said on social media.

Peace.

Refusing to allow Tinubu a deeper bite at the Lagos treasury can never qualify as Ambode "biting the finger that fed him". Kleptomania is a serious affliction.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Eriokanmi: 6:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:

so the lawma contractors were not efficient before ambode sacked them.

You dont understand the intricacies, ambode was trying to cut them off and build his own political empire.
The same lawma you guys were pointing to, who approved the controversial Visionscape and who owns it? A lot is going on in lagos which many don't know.

Tinubu was scared because of ambode's popularity, massive supports and performance. At some point people were asking...where was all these money before now? When they didn't see a cogent reason for removing ambode, they claimed he abandoned the Lagos development masterplan, vision and legacy of Tinubu. But same ambode ordered almost 1000 pieces of transport buses to alleviate the sufferings of the masses on transportation, constructed and extended the BRT lane from oshodi to Abule Egba in alimosho. As if that wasn't enough, he built the largest transport interchange in Africa in oshodi...wandering which legacies exactly were they talking about, that ambode had abandoned. You and I can see those buses now on the lagos road, abi you tink say na sanwoolu bring dem...rara oo.

Go to epe and see what he did, other LGAs too. In years to come, nobody except a no nonsense man like him, couid beat his achievement Lagos. He promised to deliver the Jubilee bridge in abula egba and delivered in record time. The moment you saw those project stop, that was when the state assembly was used against him, as led by Mudashiru Obasa and he couldn't be allowed to use State funds for projects anymore. Sanwoolu was now the one who completed most of his projects which they claimed ambode abandoned and those who weren't close to government believed hook line and sinker.

Tinubu wanted hijack lagos waste management the way he had his hands on transport, Healthcare, aviation, government, finance, markets etc but ambode refused. That was the beginning of their fight. It's ok, let's see how he fares in coming days on his ambition. With this, he'd know God pass am
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by M1Garand(m): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2022
Esseite:

Was Ambode not an APC member?... say it as it is, nobody would beat you.. Ambode did more for Lagos and Lagosians in 4years than even Fashola or Tinubu while refusing to be blackmailed into sharing monies without purpose, which is the reason for Visionscape.

Abeg don't ever compare Ambode and Fashola again... That's an insult to bring Ambode in a conversation with Fashola... BRF still remains the best thing that has ever happened to Lagos State. A Fashola that went has far as reviving Boys Scout, girls guide, Sheriff Brigade for secondary school students. A Fashola that created more drainage than any other Lagos governor. A Fashola that set up more primary health care center. A Fashola that reduced cost of governance and made all state civil engineers carry out road construction and maintenance via LSPWC. I am a Civil Engineer so I am very conversant with his works. Fashola was the only Governor who paid attention to every detail in governance. A Fashola that transformed places like Surulere etc. A Fashola that went inside Egbe, Ikotun and did inner roads like mad. A Fashola that made Lawma one of the most vibrant Lagos agencies. A Fashola who built Lekki Ikoyi Link bridge, started the blue and red line Ambode failed to touch, a Fashola who deemed it fit to reconstruct parks in the states and even cared for the environment by planting trees everywhere because Lagos needs it.

A Fashola that even went as far as saying there should be a No Horn day. A Fashola that visited hospitals dead in the night. A Fashola who introduced BRT buses in full scale and gave them lane markings. A Fashola who empowered Lastma to go after traffic wardens. Brought policies like Wearing of helmet, No one way, and other strong legislations brought tenement to 1year as against two years each.

Abeg don't ever compare Ambode with Fashola again... Fashola who wanted to sack Ambode when he was accountant general of Lagos State due to corruption issues before Ambode was instead asked to resign by Jagaban? Or an Ambode that gave all dirt's in Lagos to a 2 years old company called visioscape? Who stopped Red line and blue line and started chasing his own legacies? I was in and around the Oshodi interchange when he built it but I can tell you the red line and blue line would solve traffic issues more than the Oshodi interchange. Which was what Lagos needed at such a pressing moment.
Fashola was committed to making Lagos a mega city. He even launched the 767 and 112 emergency numbers then. Including the traffic radio. Fashola that would be describing your street like as if he lives with you. Ambode made all Lagos Engineers redundant.
A whole ministry of works was turned to a department. Gave out contracts and kept moved engineers to Surulere. I am too in the streets not to know the works of Fashola compared to Ambode. Imagine constructing drainage inside inside Ejigbo. The homes he built in Igando, Oshodi are still there. He started Ilubirin Ambode didn't touch it after he left. If you know what Lasu was like in 2004/2005 you won't compare them. Fashola touched every aspect of governance. Opened up places like badagry and lekki.

Fashola is heads and shoulder above everyother governor including Jagaban who battled and settled Lagos politically which paved way for Fashola's wonder.
If Fashola comes out today for the race endorsed by Jagaban... Osibanjo CAN NEVER NEVER beat him.

If they ask the both of us to write a 2000 worded essay about the governance of the State during Fashola and Ambode. I am damn sure I will floor you anyday anytime.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by sammirano: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
helinues:

So between Ambode and SanwoOlu, who has performed better? Is SanwoOlu not a good replacement for Ambode?

Wondering how some of you guys care much about the happening in Lagos state and other SW states when your region SE is nothing to talk about, SE with no godfatherism but still in Dilapidated state.

Imagine Abaribe having the guts to say he wants to contest for Abia governor, a governor inside a zoo. He should have waited for the Utopia Biafra and vie for the president instead. Same Abaribe that has been in the Senate for over a decade but nothing to point out to in terms of development and projects.

You guys should continue chasing SW shadow cos na your guidance to brim light

Bro as a true omo eko, Sanwo is not better. But be it as it may,he wears the cap now.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by ledaman: 6:22pm On Apr 16, 2022
SweetiliciousD:

Lol.

The cane with which old wife was whipped awaits the new wife.

Justice for Ambode who refused to share government and public fund but wisely utilized it for massive legacy projects that brought Buhari twice to Lagos in less than few months apart.

Come to Oshodi interchange, Lagos airport road, Abulegba flyover,Agege flyover, Lagos-Abeokuta Road, New Lagos BRT, inner Igbogbo/Ikorodu road (He initiated and supervised personally), Light up Lagos in less than 100days smiley cry. cry..... cry.etc.

#JusticeForAmbode!
Lolz! With is the relationship of BAT aspirations with Ambode's removal now? People can be stupid grin
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by AFONAMARO: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:

let me educate you.....
The mandate group has the highest number in lagos APC then, it was led by aregbesola and cardinal odunbaku, they were the ones who said ambode will not be allowed to go for 2nd term.

Backtrack; when ambode collected the contract from lawma contractors, the mandate group begged ambode but he did not move, aregnesola came from osun state because of the issue, ambode kept him waiting for hours without no headway.

Remember that buhari called tinubu to abuja 2 times on the issue, after meeting with mandate group, the group led by his asst leader baba eto, said if APC try to give ambode the ticket they will vote for the opposition party.

IF YOU ARE ASIWAJU WHAT WILL YOU DO?

Many people think tinubu makes all the decision alone all the time, but it is not true.

When tinubu was against fashola 2nd time, the party told him that if you go against this man , the party will lose.

Tinubu is a party man, who always put the party first.

Just as he was a party man on Obaseki's issue?

Mr educator, well done!
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
helinues:

Tinubu is so powerful to the extent he is the same Apc members in their thousands that voted against Ambode in the primary election.

Some of you people know nothing about Lagos politics. When Ambode was a governor of Lagos state, did he build any political base? I know some of his boys who was a chairman of one local government in Lagos state, the guy admitted Ambode didn't reach out to the grassroots. He shielded all the advises given to him.

He could have thought about when those people would be needed before forming stubborn man

Stop being stupid please, even if it is beyond you. Very disgusting when people try to insult others intelligence.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by ChoCho54(f): 6:32pm On Apr 16, 2022
richie240:
Lolz.......una cho-cho-cho-cho upandan don katapot d guy from 'ordinary contender' to 'almost there'.

Make una rest bikonu!
grin grin

Many that tot that they were casting him by continuously putting his name on their lips - albeit for wrong reasons- didn't know they were continually putting him in d consciousness of d people

There's nothing like 'bad publicity' , 'publicity na publicity'.

Na (constant negative) publicity make portable (zazu) blow as we speak!
cool
So why are you regurgitating??
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by rippa(m): 6:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
Pakute:

May God punish your lying generation. Mkpurummiri slowpoke.
ThankGod I'm not from the East
E go shock u say nor be all the yorubas are in support of this your madness
I have been in Lagos since 2006 so I know what am saying.
Let's start mentioning their first four years projects.
Just Because ambode refused to handover Lagos resources to tinubu that's why he was removed and being a Yoruba man, he gat no gut to challenge him.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Originalsly: 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
alsudan:

Ambode was very popular among the Governors and to this day is loved and admired by the President.

Could this be the reason why Tinubu got him out? ... in that if he gained sooo much popularity in the first term ... he was likely to be even more popular in the second term making him the likely choice for the Presidential candidate. If so be the case ... then Tinubu life long dream of becoming President will come to an end. He had to get rid of Ambode ... and the dream lives on.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Nobody: 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
The jubril una get go better pass this urinating FC club grin . Ones his opono eyes is looking towards you, you might think that he is seeing you but rather he is looking at the sky. Fear those that got anya 4,fourthy; they're Dangerous criminals and human beings.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by BobPRESS5(m): 6:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
Hmm matters arising

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos Of People Running Away From Home Over Boko Haram Attack / Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment / Police Take Over Ajimobi’s Residence In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.