Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign (52337 Views)

Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / 2019: Tinubu Adamant About Decision On Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by aviara: 6:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
Pakute:

That's your cup of coffee. Lagos was clean under Fashola but became a pigsty like Abia state under Ambode. Ambode became unaccessible and invisible except for a few infrastructures in Epe. Lagosians rejected Ambode and voted him out.

Simply say Lagos landlord a.k.a Tinubu rejected Ambode. Well, this is the same way Buhari has rejected Tinubu.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by bahaushe1: 7:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
To be fair to Tinubu, Ambode acted and behaved as if he needed to second term. It is difficult to retain him as Governor.

But Tinubu could have settled him with a lesser position probably at federal level.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by aviara: 7:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
Now, you are saying the real reason Tonubu worked against Ambode second term. What is wrong with Ambode trying to build his own political empire. Is Tinubu the only one permitted to have political empire? Will Tinubu live for ever? Is a governor answerable to the people or to one godfather?

Donshegxy10:

so the lawma contractors were not efficient before ambode sacked them.

You dont understand the intricacies, ambode was trying to cut them off and build his own political empire.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by GreyLaw(m): 7:08pm On Apr 16, 2022
Pakute:

That's your cup of coffee. Lagos was clean under Fashola but became a pigsty like Abia state under Ambode. Ambode became unaccessible and invisible except for a few infrastructures in Epe. Lagosians rejected Ambode and voted him out.

Hahaha... stop the lies! Lagosians didn't vote out Ambode. They voted him in for his first term. He never had the opportunity to be in the ballot for the second term. Or party primaries now equal lagosians voting in general elections?

We are not all stupid.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by GreyLaw(m): 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2022
SweetiliciousD:

Lol.

The cane with which old wife was whipped awaits the new wife.

Justice for Ambode who refused to share government and public fund but wisely utilized it for massive legacy projects that brought Buhari twice to Lagos in less than few months apart.

Come to Oshodi interchange, Lagos airport road, Abulegba flyover,Agege flyover, Lagos-Abeokuta Road, New Lagos BRT, inner Igbogbo/Ikorodu road (He initiated and supervised personally), Light up Lagos in less than 100days smiley cry. cry..... cry.etc.

#JusticeForAmbode!

Ambode was hailed as the best governor on this same Nairaland. Just months before the elections everything turned. It goes to show you that one man has the neck of these kids on a leash. He decides whom they vote, no matter how much they vehemently deny it.

Ambode's only crime was that he refused to open the treasuries of Lagos to the thieves, and I am not referring to Tinubu per se. Tinubu's anger was that a whole him would have to go through a third party to see the governor.

I ask: was Amobode not within his right to restrict a private citizen (BAT) from seeing him? I personally believe that Tinubu is a closet dictator. If he ever becomes president he will be insufferable.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by emperor863(m): 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amumaigwe:

Oga shut up. Lagos is a nomansland developed by the entire Nigerians especially the Igbos. BTW, how many plots of land do you have in Lagos?

............. and how many plots of land do the ever boisterous and noisy Igbos have? If you know what's coming your way, you would be crying.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by GistFullGround: 7:15pm On Apr 16, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
first to do no dey pain.

the life~time ambition of the lagos landlord cum pampers ambassador is dead on arrival.

"First to do, e no dey pain...
Second to do, e dey pain...
Third to do, e eye go dey red...
Forth to do, e go dey cry...!"
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by SweetiliciousD: 7:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
GreyLaw:

Ambode was hailed as the best governor on this same Nairaland. Just months before the elections everything turned. It goes to show you that one man has the neck of these kids on a leash. He decides whom they vote, no matter how much they vehemently deny it.

Ambode's only crime was that he refused to open the treasuries of Lagos to the thieves, and I am not referring to Tinubu per se. Tinubu's anger was that a whole him would have to go through a third party to see the governor.

I ask: was Amobode not within his right to restrict a private citizen (BAT) from seeing him? I personally believe that Tinubu is a closet dictator. If he ever becomes president he will be insufferable.

Spot on

Say no to "Baba so pe" politics.

O toge

Nigeria is not Lagos
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by GreyLaw(m): 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2022
Amumaigwe:

How I accurately predicted 3 years ago that this saga will turn round and haunt Tinubu baffles me. I told people that this will be serious issue. Imagine presidency interceding for Ambrose with a mere party member without success, and he expects them to trust him with power. Such a naivete .

Such a man is to be feared. Buhari will NEVER EVER forget that issue.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Joysammy: 7:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
Stupid reports by a fake writer. Handiwork of PDP... No one discussed AMBODE or OBASEKI in the meeting of Governors... Ambode cannot stop Tinubu's presidency...

Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria whether this writer is alive or dead.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by GreyLaw(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
Eriokanmi:
It's not fake news. I've heard about it since yesterday morning . Ambode's sin was because he refused to award contracts to Tinubu's cronies who would either do substandard work or not do anything after collecting mobilisation. He also stopped giving them unnecessary bribe money and they said he's not a democrat. Sanwoolu who's a democrat, what has his government achueved so far compared to ambode's less than 3 years in active governance?

Lagos State recorded budget surplus for the first time in decades under Ambode. Come to alimosho, the same local government area where aregbe would deploy Tinubu's friends to do road contract that would only be eroded away with one rainfall. Fashola also fell out with these same corrupt people during his terms as governor only that he wasn't as blunt as ambode who stopped all their loopholes. He's an accountant so I'd not be surprised.

Not even Tinubu couid match his 8 years of governorship with that of ambode in projects. Tinubu's chickens are coming home to roost. When you are unforgiving, your pitfall is imminent too. Let's see how he gets the ticket. Even if he sells one of his 3 jets, he'd still not get it. Come back here after primaries and call me names if the apc gave him the ticket

He won't get it. I have looked at all the possible permutations and it just doesn't work.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by blackboy(m): 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2022
Tinubu I know ehhh hmmm . Na kind man but if he vex. See as he changed deputy even few months to leaving office. All I know God is at work in this country. How Tinubu will be denied APC's presidential ticket is unimaginable and what will happen in APC if denied. Let us watch em. Na them promise us change but we no ask which kian change
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by GreyLaw(m): 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2022
Sleekfingers:

What's the meaning of SEVERALLY? Nigeria english get double K- legs....

Baba no come insult us. There is South African English, US Englisk, Australian English, New Zealand English, Australian English and of course Nigerian English. And they are all valid! If you do any transcription jobs you'll find that these are all valid,

Here for your perusal:

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by drololaaof: 7:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:
Vanguard with fake news, they are trying to guess what happened at the meeting, no credible source.

The fact still remains that ambode dug his own political grave.
He offended people that matters, tinubu was not the cause of his problem, his removal was championed by mandate group of lagos apc, if tinubu had vetoed their power, tinubu and the party will be disgraced in the last election.
Iro lori iro.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by drololaaof: 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2022
GreyLaw:

Baba no come insult us. There is South African English, US Englisk, Australian English, New Zealand English, Australian English and of course Nigerian English. And they are all valid! If you do any transcription jobs you'll find that these are all valid,

Here for your perusal:
Some peepol have forgotten their mother language ,correcting you on queens english that is alien to us .

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Georgejeez: 7:37pm On Apr 16, 2022
Seems God is about to scatter the camp of the Midianites by midnight.
If the only thing Buhari can achieve in his 8 fruitless years is to keep the APC presidential ticket from pissy pissy Jagaban then he's not totally useless after all.

Disaster can not succeed Tragedy
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by PharNEWS(m): 7:45pm On Apr 16, 2022
Tomorrow is always pregnant in this life.
Don't lord over people in a mannerless way
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Sleekfingers: 7:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
GreyLaw:

Here for your perusal:

Of course, I know. I am not just comfortable with the usage of SEVERALLY by most nigerians....
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Besk: 7:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
dre11:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/2023-tinubus-action-on-ambode-haunts-campaign/

You just knew it. It’s official! IPOB/UGM/ESN OFFICIAL MOUTHPIECE (VANGUARD NEWSPAPER) will do everything in its pursuit of trying to cause disunity in Yorubaland.

May that evil newspaper have multiple times of the evil it wishes to perpetrate bounce back on it.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by pacespot(m): 8:18pm On Apr 16, 2022
Tinubu, only a souless human being will say that man is the next thing for this country.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by SouthWestBlood(m): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2022
Pakute:

Which Lagosians voted him out? Lol. I hope Sanwo-Olu will go through primaries like Ambode was put to go through.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by TJWR: 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
At least he did something in Epe and other parts of Lagos including Alimosho. Wetin this present stooge of a governor don do in 3 years plus?

That's your cup of coffee. Lagos was clean under Fashola but became a pigsty like Abia state under Ambode. Ambode became unaccessible and invisible except for a few infrastructures in Epe. Lagosians rejected Ambode and voted him out. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by shedy03(m): 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:
"Vanguard with fake news"
Cos e concern Ur master negatively, Abi?
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Billygee2u: 8:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
joyandfaith:
Tinubu is a dictator. Most people know that.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Billygee2u: 8:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
alsudan:
Ambode was very popular among the Governors and to this day is loved and admired by the President.

Thiefnidu denied that man a second term, Ministerial appointment and the later vacant Senatorial seat, despite the Presidents plea.

An unforgiven Buhari was just waiting for the right time to strike the drug Baron back. His final humiliation will happen in May.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by ityP(m): 8:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
tunapawizzy:

a lot of them just come online type what they like

Very foolish human beings. I mean, who will stay in Lag and say Sanwo-Olu bested Ambode? Haba

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Nobody: 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
Before na Asiwaju of Benin Republic undecided

Donshegxy10:

nothing to cry about from here.....
You hear the governors, you see them in action whereever the man is going.

Jagaban has the highest numbers of apc governors support.

What about senate and house of reps, dont let me go there because the AYES have it.

I believe you must have watched the senate majority leader interview with tears in your eyes like a 1 year old baby.

You dont matter in the scheme of things, those that matters are declaring for the leader.

GOD BLESS ASIWAJU OF NIGERIA, "according to the richest man in africa".
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Justiceleague1: 9:13pm On Apr 16, 2022
GAC singlehandedly picked by jagbajantis and of course,more the half head slammers.. disgusting
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by Mentcee(m): 9:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:

nothing to cry about from here.....
You hear the governors, you see them in action whereever the man is going.

Jagaban has the highest numbers of apc governors support.

What about senate and house of reps, dont let me go there because the AYES have it.

I believe you must have watched the senate majority leader interview with tears in your eyes like a 1 year old baby.

You dont matter in the scheme of things, those that matters are declaring for the leader.

GOD BLESS ASIWAJU OF NIGERIA, "according to the richest man in africa".

I wish that you reckon with the fact that you've never said "God bless bless you" to your mum or dad in this way.

Hypocrisy especially the one rooted in the vain hope of political reward is what is killing youth of Yoruba extraction in Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign by FunkyAlhaji2015: 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
Donshegxy10:
Vanguard with fake news, they are trying to guess what happened at the meeting, no credible source.

The fact still remains that ambode dug his own political grave.
He offended people that matters, tinubu was not the cause of his problem, his removal was championed by mandate group of lagos apc, if tinubu had vetoed their power, tinubu and the party will be disgraced in the last election.

Buhari begged Tinubu to let Ambode go for a second term but he refusing saying the GAC had already decided and there was no he could do. Who's GAC?
Tinubu bleeped this campaign up since 2019. The president and governor will just humiliate him at the primaries. I think he know this already hence his oiling of SDP mechinery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

MC Oluomo's Aide, Akintoye Benson Dies In A Car Accident(video) / EFCC Freezes Father Mbaka's Accounts - Daily Independent / The Moment Buhari Arrived Eagles Square Abuja To Flag Off Presidential Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.