Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West (1062 Views)

Peter Obi Slams Tinubu, Says 2023 Presidency Is Not The Turn Of Anybody / Presidency: It Is The Turn Of North Central, Says Saraki / Buhari And Osinbajo On “The Candidates” (Live Updates) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by KingsCity: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2022
There is a written and unwritten agreement to rotate between North and South, between the zones, and between Christians and Muslims
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by kettykings: 10:09am On Apr 16, 2022
Whose turn is it then

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by helinues: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2022
Tell us whose turn is it this time. As you present during the agreement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Nukilia: 10:16am On Apr 16, 2022
Another attempt to run Nigeria to the mud!
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by PlayerMeji: 10:17am On Apr 16, 2022
The south west because they supported the this government to win the elections on that agreement.

South East and South South did not support this administration even when they were presented with such offers.

You can't reap where you don't sow.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by KingsCity: 10:18am On Apr 16, 2022
kettykings:
Whose turn is it then

SW has done 8 years courtesy Obasanjo. SS has 3 years to complete 8 years while SE has 8 years to do before it will again be the turn of SW

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by KingsCity: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2022
helinues:
Tell us whose turn is it this time. As you present during the agreement

This agreement is actually not even new. The Federal Character principle is well documented in the Nigerian constitution
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by helinues: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2022
KingsCity:

This agreement is actually not even new. The Federal Character principle is well documented in the Nigerian constitution

between Christians and Muslims

And if you are referring to that, how many Muslims have shown interest in the 2023 election in the entire Southern regions?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by BSdetective: 10:27am On Apr 16, 2022
Women and children should leave governance for men. There are no men in south east.
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by KingsCity: 10:31am On Apr 16, 2022
helinues:

And if you are referring to that, how many Muslims have shown interest in the 2023 election in the entire Southern regions?

A Muslim is just completing 8 years, it follows that the next President should be Christian to maintain the federal character of the country
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by helinues: 10:33am On Apr 16, 2022
KingsCity:

A Muslim is just completing 8 years, it follows that the next President should be Christian to maintain the federal character of the country

And then I asked you, how many Muslims from Southern region have shown interest in the election compared to christian candidates. The odds favour christian candidate than Muslim candidate.

So what exactly are you insinuating?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by kettykings: 10:36am On Apr 16, 2022
BSdetective:
Women and children should leave governance for men. There are no men in south east.

Maybe South East should prepare to show Nigeria that they have men and they are not push overs
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by YeyeGbami: 10:50am On Apr 16, 2022
kettykings:

Maybe South East should prepare to show Nigeria that they have men and they are not push overs

This will be fun and determining. One Naija na scam
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by EagleNest(m): 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
Turn by turn folks.

Let SW live and let SE live too.

It's officially SE turn to lead Nigeria.

Let's not upturn this fundamental principle of peaceful coexistence of such a complex place called Nigeria. I'm concerned that it will not bode well on survivability of Nigeria if we show indifference to this quest now, as there will be persistent agitations.
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Parachoko: 2:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:
Turn by turn folks.

Let SW live and let SE live too.

It's officially SE turn to lead Nigeria.

Let's not upturn this fundamental principle of peaceful coexistence of such a complex place called Nigeria. I'm concerned that it will not bode well on survivability of Nigeria if we show indifference to this quest now, as there will be persistent agitations.
How is the South West stopping people from the South East from contesting?

Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi, Okorocha, Tambuwal, Osinbanjo etc have shown an interest to contest, why are you complaining about the South West?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Parachoko: 3:02pm On Apr 16, 2022
KingsCity:
There is unwritten agreement to rotate between North and South, between the zones, and between Christians and Muslims
I'm not even understanding you.

Ibo men like Okorocha, Umahi, Obi, Anyanwu etc have all shown interest in contesting.

People like Tinubu, Atiku, Tambuwal, Osinbanjo, Kwankwaso, Bello etc have also shown an interest.

Can you now explain why you are complaining? cause I no understand

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by KingsCity: 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parachoko:

Ibo men like Okorocha, Umahi, Obi, Anyanwu etc have all shown interest in contesting.

People like Tinubu, Atiku, Tambuwal, Osinbanjo, Kwankwaso, Bello etc have also shown an interest.

Can you now explain why you are complaining to me about cause I no understand

I expect you to understand that the founding fathers of this country and the constitution of this country expect positions to be filled in a manner that reflects the federal character of the country.

This is the reason a child from Zamfara can score 2 and gain admission to a federal college while a child from Anambra might have to score 100

What I'm saying is that someone should only run if it's the turn of their zone
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Parachoko: 4:25pm On Apr 16, 2022
KingsCity:

I expect you to understand that the founding fathers of this country and the constitution of this country expect positions to be filled in a manner that reflects the federal character of the country.

This is the reason a child from Zamfara can score 2 and gain admission to a federal college while a child from Anambra might have to score 100

What I'm saying is that someone should only run if it's the turn of their zone
No party constitution recognises zoning.

And in the APC, is rotated between North and South.

So I don't understand what you are crying about. There was no time any political party microzone to any geopolitical region in the South.

In fact, the PDP is throwing it open.

Atiku, Tambuwal, Saraki etc have also decided to contest.

Even if the PDP will zone, it will make it open for every Southerner. If a Southerner will get the ticket in the PDP, is going to be Wike.

Obi can go back to APGA to contest the ticket. He will have no rival just like Kwankwaso is pursuing his ambition in NNPP.

Stop wasting your time crying online about nothing man.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Gozac: 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parachoko:

Can you now explain why you are complaining to me about cause I no understand
SE should go and beg the North to support their own and quit telling SW to shelve their ambition. North determines who becomes president not South

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by cktheluckyman: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2022
PlayerMeji:
The south west because they supported the this government to win the elections on that agreement.

South East and South South did not support this administration even when they were presented with such offers.

What about NE and NC ? Didn't they also support this present government going by your warped logic

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by EagleNest(m): 9:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parachoko:
How is the South West stopping people from the South East from contesting?

Tinubu, Atiku, Kwankwaso, Obi, Okorocha, Tambuwal, Osinbanjo etc have shown an interest to contest, why are you complaining about the South West?

It doesn't work like that. That's not how Obasanjo and Olu Falae were propped up to be flag bearers. Both parties zoned to SW. Why is it difficult now?
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Parachoko: 9:12pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:

It doesn't work like that. That's not how Obasanjo and Olu Falae were propped up to be flag bearers. Both parties zoned to SW. Why is it difficult now?
Show me evidence PDP and AD microzone to the South West.

I can still remember the primary of both political party as if is like yesterday and I know PDP and AD zoned to the South, that was why Ekwueme contested the PDP ticket against Obasanjo and Onu contested against Falae in AD.

So am waiting for your response.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by EagleNest(m): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parachoko:
Show me evidence PDP and AD microzone to the South West.

I can still remember the primary of both political party as if is like yesterday and I know PDP and AD zoned to the South, that was why Ekwueme contested the PDP ticket against Obasanjo and Onu contested again Falae in AD.

So am waiting for your response.

And you thought they didn't get it because Obasanjo was a better candidate than Ekwueme? It was militarily arranged (microzoned) to assuage SW because of MKO Abiola's ordeal.

In 2007 election it was Ya' Ardua (PDP), Buhari (ANPP), Atiku (AC).

2023 is obviously SE turn, but all of a sudden every region wants to be president. Have SE not suffered enough for this country?
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Parachoko: 9:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
EagleNest:

And you thought they didn't get it because Obasanjo was a better candidate than Ekwueme? It was militarily arranged (microzoned) to assuage SW because of MKO Abiola's ordeal.

In 2007 election it was Ya' Ardua (PDP), Buhari (ANPP), Atiku (AC).

2023 is obviously SE turn, but all of a sudden every region wants to be president. Have SE not suffered enough for this country?
I do not have time for all this chidish rants of yours.

There was no time there have been micro zoning in Nigeria.

You're wrong when you said it was micro zone to the South West, I proved you wrong.

Zoning is not constitutional. PDP might throw her ticket open while the APC have zone to the South.

The Nigerian constitution do not recognise zoning, Kwankwaso will contest under the NNPP.

APC have zone to the South, the contestants will meet at Eagle square next month.

If you want any party to micro zone to the South East, then let APGA micro zone to the South East. The PDP and APC will never micro zone.

PDP is not even zoning at all.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by EagleNest(m): 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parachoko:

You're wrong when you said it was micro zone to the South West, I proved you wrong.

Zoning is not constitutional. PDP might throw her ticket open while the APC have zone to the South.

The Nigerian constitution do not recognise zoning, Kwankwaso will contest under the NNPP.

APC have zone to the South, the contestants will meet at Eagle square next month.

Kosi wahala then... lets politicians go ahead.
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by KingsCity: 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Parachoko:

If you want any party to micro zone to the South East, then let APGA micro zone to the South East. The PDP and APC will never micro zone.

PDP is not even zoning at all.

Federal character is clearly a constitutional requirement
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Paretomaster1(m): 9:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
KingsCity:
There is unwritten agreement to rotate between North and South, between the zones, and between Christians and Muslims

Unwritten agreement kee u Dia.......go to PDP, and ask for free ticket..

Why don't u allow the North finish Yaradua tenure ? You all forgot there is an agreement se?? SW straight...

1 Like

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by flokii: 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
@OP Why not just storm INEC office with your fellow Igbos to declare Peter Obi or whoever as president without election if dem born una well..

As far as we are in a democracy, majority carries the vote and my SW will contest and win with landslide victory.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Parachoko: 9:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
KingsCity:

Federal character is clearly a constitutional requirement
Federal Character has nothing with the zone the President comes from.

That's why Jonathan contested in 2011. Northerners could only scream it was their turn.

The South East should forget the presidency next year. Obi can't defeat Wike or Atiku.

In the APC, Tinubu have no competition.

The South East Politicians can't just wake up less than 2 years to the election and feel they will get the ticket. Tinubu have been working hard in the APC since 2013. Wike have been the one spending on the PDP since 2015. This men have paid their dues, you can't just tell them to step down for someone from the South East like that.

If you are in Tinubu or Wikes shoe, you go agree to step down?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Ikinternational: 10:03pm On Apr 16, 2022
PlayerMeji:

More like..."I'll use whatever argument suits my position"

Imagine pretending Nigerian politics is based on principles
Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Tinubuadvocate: 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2022
Unwritten agreement which means you don't know what you are doing.
KingsCity:

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu And Osinbajo Qualified But It's Not The Turn Of South West by Burruchaga71(m): 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2022
We will NEVER allow them to succeed or we will have no option than to make their government ungovernable. Bunch of saboteurs.

(1) (2) (Reply)

1 Fulani Is Greater Than All Yoruba...fact Check / Seun The Blood Oath On Islamic Thread Shud Stop Henceforth Or... / Saw Youths Mobilizing For Peter Obi In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.