Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Futo Students In Mini Riot? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Futo Students In Mini Riot? (5603 Views)

FUTO Students Represent Nigeria In Dubai Hultprize 2016 (photos) / Riot In Lasu ... SUG Protesting Against Lagos Agberos / How Students In ANSU Iron Their Matriculation Gown Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Futo Students In Mini Riot? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 11:29am On Jul 07, 2011
i'm currently at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri and students burst out from the hostel area chanting and going into lecture halls, disrupting activities and marching around the school in protest. i'm yet to find out the subject of the protest. i'll keep you all informed.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by asscend: 11:59am On Jul 07, 2011
Thank you mr reporter,
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by antonion(m): 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
HI guys just wanna check this site iam in SOuth Africa how you all doing? cheesy
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by asscend: 12:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
They must not be violent b/c if they are we will class them as terrorist too and deal seriously with them.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by asscend: 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2011
antonion:

HI guys just wanna check this site iam in SOuth Africa how you all doing? cheesy

Greetings to Mbeki and others.

welcome to Nairaland.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by zmurda(m): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2011
Being a cynical old douche grin, I would assume the reason for rioting is:

No light
Exams are close at hand
Some cultists disturbing them
Garri don finish for hostel
Increase in fees
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by antonion(m): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2011
Yeah I appreciate that , how does this social network operate.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by Goldenmeda(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
I have hear it since 8:00am 2day,
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by docjuli(m): 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2011
antonion:

Yeah I appreciate that , how does this social network operate.

Just like a social network. Lots of fun. Good especially if you want to ease stress. Warning, you will miss home when you become addicted. Btw, where in SA are you. I lived in Braamfontein, Randburg, Berea even Hillbrow, High Point Building.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by antonion(m): 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2011
Iam in Pretoria (Brooklyne) , you are in Jo-burg , i got coisins in University of Witwatersrand and University of JOhannesburg , Auckland park Campus,

What are you doing there in JHB
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by MMM2(m): 12:57pm On Jul 07, 2011
Maybe dey re hungry. angry
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by antonion(m): 1:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
Common Guys how can they be hoping / galavanting up and down if they are Hungry , where would they get that Energy,

Can someone tell me what is FUFU?
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by blank(f): 1:11pm On Jul 07, 2011
Heard that they want to air all their greivances to the new VC.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by talktrue1(m): 1:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
antonion:

This site is strictly for Nigerians. continue with the site if you are a Nigerian but if not, discontinue immediately.

@OP, I thought the era of strike is over
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 1:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
well, as it turns out, z-murda was right on one count. No light and consequently, no water. apparently, the school management and SUG weren't doing anything about it and the students decided to protest.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by ayomifull(f): 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
talk true:

This site is strictly for Nigerians. continue with the site if you are a Nigerian but if not, discontinue immediately.

On the front page:

Nairaland Forum: Home Of Nigerians And Friends Of Nigeria. Welcome![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by erayo2GCA(m): 2:00pm On Jul 07, 2011
@anotoni or wat ur names is , HI guys just wanna check this site iam in SOuth Africa how you all doing?

even if u are in malaysia wat our problem, mtcheew
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by docjuli(m): 2:51pm On Jul 07, 2011
antonion:

Iam in Pretoria (Brooklyne) , you are in Jo-burg , i got coisins in University of Witwatersrand and University of JOhannesburg , Auckland park Campus,

What are you doing there in JHB

Used 2. H8d Pretoria (Tshwane), very calm. Btw, have they approved Tshwane as the new name? I am no longer in Jozi. Home sweet home. I don't have to check myself if I have my ID card. Don't have 2 watch out for tsoti (ita). Was there for studies. Make u come back with ideas ooo. Cheers my china.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jul 07, 2011
@topic, double wahala for dedi body and owner,
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by sparxxx: 3:36pm On Jul 07, 2011
yeah, iz water and lyt issue. D SUG iz nt workn @ all. Jst hope dey listen a dem @ senate undecided
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by okekeoi: 3:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
The students are rioting because of lack of electricity and water in the campus. They demanded to see the new vice chancellor. It was a peaceful demonstration.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by CarterMula: 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2011
Am a FUTO student. The reason why the ON-GOING riot is takin place violently is because we FUTITE have suffered so much!!! NO-CONSTANT ELECTRICITY, NO WATER (BOREHOLE), , COWS is even learning  with us in some Lecture hall disturbin great students of Nigeria with their Fu*kin noises!!! Are we trainin COWS or STUDENTS This is a school of Technology not Politics!!!  
The SUG is not even workin!!! OBIUKWU MICHEAL (SUG PRESIDENT) is a big STANDARD FOOL!!!!!,
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 07, 2011
CarterMula:

Am a FUTO student. The reason why the ON-GOING riot is takin place violently is because we FUTITE have suffered so much!!! NO-CONSTANT ELECTRICITY,
dont blame those damn people for no electricity, blame the fuccking federal government, how much is ur school fees wey u want make them they on generator 247?? angry
CarterMula:

NO WATER (BOREHOLE), ,
dont they have konga yall can go to?? but ermmm kill one of the lecturers and VC, i promise u in 3 years, u will get borehole angry
CarterMula:

COWS is even learning  with us in some Lecture hall disturbin great students of Nigeria with their Fu*kin noises!!! Are we trainin COWS or STUDENTS
KILL THE LECTURERS TEACHING u at that moment, might come to an end undecided
altho it very common in most uni in naija, u ppl might change it,
CarterMula:

The SUG is not even workin!!! OBIUKWU MICHEAL (SUG PRESIDENT) is a big STANDARD FOOL!!!!!,
ok, here we go again, who installed a fool as a president?? cant he be evicted, sack??
than yall killing yourselves?? angry
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by chemvic: 4:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
@ Anotoni i wonder why your first point of call is that you're not in Nigeria, Who gives a damn about where you are? Do you think Boko Haram haven't got affiliates in SA? You better keep you head by watching you fingers on the keyboard! I guess you left Nigeria for South Africa Last week, !
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 07, 2011
chemvic:

@ Anotoni i wonder why your first point of call is that you're not in Nigeria, Who gives a damn about where you are? Do you think Boko Haram haven't got affiliates in SA? You better keep you head by watching you fingers on the keyboard! I guess you left Nigeria for South Africa Last week, !
angry angry angry angry angry
WHY ARE U SO DAMN IGNORANT
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
CarterMula:

Am a FUTO student. The reason why the ON-GOING riot is takin place violently is because we FUTITE have suffered so much!!! NO-CONSTANT ELECTRICITY,  NO WATER (BOREHOLE), , COWS is even learning  with us in some Lecture hall disturbin great students of Nigeria with their Fu*kin noises!!! Are we trainin COWS or STUDENTS This is a school of Technology not Politics!!!  

haba, cows in the lecture halls? I've seen some cows milling about (strange, for a university FUTO's repute) but taking lectures with you guys? LOL!
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by isleman(m): 4:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
Donlittle:

dont blame those damn people for no electricity, blame the fuccking federal government, how much is your school fees wey u want make them they on generator 247??  angrydont they have konga yall can go to?? but ermmm kill one of the lecturers and VC, i promise u in 3 years, u will get borehole  angryKILL THE LECTURERS TEACHING u at that moment, might come to an end  undecided
altho it very common in most uni in naija, u ppl might change it, ok, here we go again, who installed a fool as a president?? cant he be evicted, sack??
than yall killing yourselves??  angry
Donlittle:

dont blame those damn people for no electricity, blame the fuccking federal government, how much is your school fees wey u want make them they on generator 247??  angrydont they have konga yall can go to?? but ermmm kill one of the lecturers and VC, i promise u in 3 years, u will get borehole  angryKILL THE LECTURERS TEACHING u at that moment, might come to an end  undecided
altho it very common in most uni in naija, u ppl might change it, ok, here we go again, who installed a fool as a president?? cant he be evicted, sack??
than yall killing yourselves??  angry

installed - is he a software?
evict - is he on a t.v reality show?
sack - was he appointed

maybe you mean he should be uninstalled?
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by Chuksaluta(m): 4:29pm On Jul 07, 2011
big lie. There is no riot in futo. I was in school today. Stop raising false alarm. How did this make it to the front page
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
isleman:

installed - is he a software?
evict - is he on a t.v reality show?
sack - was he appointed

maybe you mean he should be uninstalled?
I DIDNT MEAN UNISTALLED, I MEAN INSTALLED, EVICT OR SACK, THOSE THREE WORDS angry
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 5:12pm On Jul 07, 2011
Chuksaluta:

big lie. There is no riot in futo. I was in school today. Stop raising false alarm. How did this make it to the front page

you should have just informed us that your mind completely glossed over the mini before the riot. But if you are saying that nothing happened at FUTO today, then your parents may have to start checking where their child actually is.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by tnthommie(m): 5:19pm On Jul 07, 2011
Chuksaluta:

jonsing OO, u were in which schl? ,there was riot 2day in schl,the angry students went round the school,they even went 2 d senate building 2 protest, think/ask again.
Re: Futo Students In Mini Riot? by Yankee01: 5:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
M M M:

Maybe dey re hungry. angry
grin grin grin grin grin

, or dem need FRESH AIR!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter User Who Posted The Trending BABCOCK Sex Tape Issues Public Apology / 8 Years After, Boy Who Hid In Plane Engine From Edo To Lagos Cries For Help / Experiences Of Nigerians Studying In UK (london)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.