Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters (113770 Views)

How Akwa Ibom Makes Their Daughters Unmarried Via Marriage List / Mother And Her 2 Teenage Twin Daughters Pregnant For One Man (photos) / Mothers And Daughters Who Look The Same Age (Unbelievable Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by Grandmeister(m): 10:43pm On Apr 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Nobody is saying it is not off, what somebody is saying is that the ADULT is to blame! The onus is on you the adult to steer clear of kids! They are impressionable and should not be taken advantage of by adults! It is not rocket science, but if you want to test it, enter plane and go chyke an American minor!!
So much exclamation. Don't burst a blood vessel my dear. Of course the adult is to blame isn't that what I said on the post you just memtioned? Why should a 15 year old have a smartphone to begin with? These are some parental blunders that some parents are making and unwittingly exposing their wards to certain vices.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by We4all: 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
omobaba101:
To start with, what is a smart phone doing in the hand of 15 years? Parental ignorance or negligence is causing great harm to the children of this generation.

You don’t seem to know what is happening. Children of 8 years even own smart phones. Some parents now consider it as part of a child’s upbringing.

I had an 11 years old niece over recently. No sooner did she settle in that she started blabbing about how she is the only one in her class without a smart phone.

I allowed her to use my phone for a couple of days and before I knew what was happening, she had signed up for Facebook.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by pocohantas(f): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2022
Grandmeister:

So much exclamation. Don't burst a blood vessel my dear. Of course the adult is to blame isn't that what I said on the post you just memtioned? Why should a 15 year old have a smartphone to begin with? These are some parental blunders that some parents are making and unwittingly exposing their wards to certain vices.

Go and ask her parents. The mistake has been made and obviously lessons has or would be learned.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by Major7: 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
QuinModah:
*DON’T LOSE GUARD WITH YOUR DAUGHTERS*

You can't be too sure...

I watched a skit a few minutes ago and I remembered an incident that happened last year. I have her permission to share without revealing names or locations. Also some details have been changed.

A mother asked to use her fifteen year old daughter’s phone for some days while her own phone was being repaired.

WhatsApp messages dropped on the phone. Her daughter had passworded her WhatsApp so she couldn’t see the messages.

Out of curiosity, she tried some passwords and her daughter’s birthday was the password. She opened the WhatsApp and almost died, with the shock of what she saw.

A man in the next building had been chatting with her daughter. He had made several sexual advances towards her, which the daughter refused. He was adamant. He pursued her. He sent her recharge cards, came to her school to give her gifts and money.

He asked her if she had a boyfriend or have ever had intimacy, she said no. He pursued her some more.

He requested for her pictures, almost unclad, which she initially refused to send him but when he sent his, she sent hers. It was nothing too revealing as she was in her bra and underwear.

He taught her how to password her WhatsApp.

Then he pushed for more. He wanted to see her completely nude. She couldn’t take such a picture because she shared a room with her siblings.

He asked her to lock herself in the bathroom for them to have a video call.

She saw messages like “Did you like what you saw?” “ Stop being shy around me.” “Why are you afraid? Nobody will see you.” He sent a picture of his nudity to her. A girl of fifteen!

It became terrifying when her daughter sent a chat saying she saw him with his wife the other night and he ignored her. She knew her daughter had fallen and it was a matter of time before the guy had his way.

She contacted me and asked me for advice. I have helped her in the past so she felt she could confide in me.

The truth is, when such a thing happens, you have to get someone who will treat the man’s Bleep-up very well. Who is the person who will be angry enough to do that No other person than her father.

She was scared her husband will dump the blame on her. She was looking for another way to handle it without him.

I told her, “If you handle it quietly, the man will be wiser and will ensure he won’t be caught since he is obsessed with your daughter that he patiently groomed her. It is best he is disgraced and only her father will do that unless he is a useless man that’s when he will keep quiet.” I told her she is lucky the girl hadn’t agreed to be alone with the man anywhere. It was getting close to that.

Her husband didn’t disappoint me. Immediately he read the chats and saw the ‘manhood’ he took off to the man’s house that night. The wife ran after him. He banged continuously on the gate.

Well, the man got what was coming to him. He was disgraced. The evidence of their chats were there. His neighbours were shocked because he portrayed a picture of a saint but he was the devil and also a paedophile.

The husband wanted to take the matter to the Police but everyone begged. The landlord of their house and the man’s house also appealed to him not to escalate the matter. They begged him not to expose his chats on social media as his wife, my friend, had promised to do.

The culprit’s wife left him. He eventually had to move out of the house immediately the rent was due. The disgrace was too much for them to handle. Everywhere he went in the neighborhood, mothers were wary of him around their daughters.

They have collected the phones from their children. If you are not in university, no more phones.

How did they handle the girl? I asked them not to beat her. But the father refused to listen. He said she had brought disgrace to the household. He wanted to send her to the village but I stopped him. She needed therapy not to be shamed. I told the mother to take her to see a psychologist at Yaba left. It worked!

Older men groom very young girls and turn them into sex slaves. It was what this man was doing. The kind of chats they had was irritating coming from a grown man. He was able to make her do some of the things he wanted by doing them first.

That phone your daughter holds very dear to her heart, please once in a while, check it. Make sure she is not being groomed for someone’s perversion. Check what she is doing and advise her. Anyone younger than sixteen shouldn’t be on social media. Anyone still in secondary school shouldn’t be there too, regardless of their age.

Girls have been lured to travel abroad to be sex slaves, all by grooming or greed. They make them hate their families and believe they are the only ones that love them . They give them attention and say sweet things to them often. It is easy to fall for such.

Teach your children these signs and also do not expose them unnecessarily to these men. Paedophiles are evolving. They are getting smarter. We have to keep our girls safe.

I love you all.

Omg! This is terrifying. How could they accept people's plea not to handle it legally? By so doing, they just endangered other innocent girls. God help us all.... Hmmm

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by pocohantas(f): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
Acidosis:

16 is the age of sexual consent. Soon, most countries will reduce it to 14. The world is moving towards that direction.

Of course, because men can’t wait to start ravaging vaginas. The earlier the better hah? Because I am sure such laws are not made with women in mind.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by LadyRosa(f): 10:46pm On Apr 16, 2022
KingDash:
Some men useless sha, but the girl useless more why didn’t she report to someone, girls being hoes as usual

You're very stupid for blaming the girl more.The FOOL wey send him _preek to the small girl na wetin?

Ozuo!
Na people like your papa dey _4ck street kids for area.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by Love800(m): 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
A crazy world. 15yr is not sensible enof to have her say, still young. Who says giving a 15yr fone is senseless, pls grow up. d parents were not friendly enof to dier child to open up tinz. See always treat ur child well.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
justscorchone:
I saw dick pics and pedophiles trying to creep on my 13yrs old niece, I'm about to treat some violations.
u better act fast b4 dem condemn your niece brain for life. That age is not a time for such rubbish.

Some men are just terrible. Bro that is what most big dunderheads even here on nairaland meant when they say "na smallie better pass" they are referring to 13, 14, 15, 16 yr olds

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by supernova96(m): 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

I don't just understand why women always attach emotion to everything.
Nobody is talking about d girl that gave her number willingly to d idiotic man
Nobody is talking about d girl that exchanged nudes with d idiotic man
Nobody is talking about d girl that accepted gifts and money from d idiotic man
Nobody is talking about d girl that was enjoying chatting with d idiotic man
Why are we so irrational in judging cases?
Please stop this kind of talk. There's a reason why they are called children, let the adults take the blame,not the child. Children can easily be manipulated.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by Allisgud: 10:47pm On Apr 16, 2022
tommy589:
Parents knows best. It is better to face your lane than to advice people on their parenting style. One thing I know is that the disadvantages of giving children personal phones outweighs the benefits
instead give them torchlight phone

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by LadyRosa(f): 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
justscorchone:
I saw dick pics and pedophiles trying to creep on my 13yrs old niece, I'm about to treat some violations.

Please do without hesitation.Save the morals of the girl-child.This pedophiles are on the prowl.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by iykejohnson(m): 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2022
mysticgal:

Why should we talk about a girl that is been coerced by a grown man to give her numbers, her nudes to him. Oh please cry your tears about irritational cases mr clear judgement.

A 15 year old lacks sexual consent. You can smell and see a minor regardless of the body stature. Don’t be stewpid in a public forum. She is 15 slowpoke
What stops the girl from telling her parents or teachers or any grown-up associates of her.
Plenty teenagers out there do report such advances at home or to teachers in school. She deserves a resetting slap.
That bastard of a man should be hung

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by ukaface(f): 10:49pm On Apr 16, 2022
And men, would think the problem is usually with the females.
Who does all the sweet talks and enticements? MEN.

Stupid lots

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by Topmaike007(m): 10:50pm On Apr 16, 2022
To give birth and take care of a girl child is not child's play

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by We4all: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
Adek15:
to have a girl child is so terrifying. It's only God that can save them. Anyone that can train a girl child properly till she gets married without blemish should be given a national award, e no easy

To have a child at all is terrifying. Walk around neighborhoods and you would be shocked to see 13 years old boys who are already cultists and murderers.

No offense, but I won’t be surprised if you’re even a cultist cos there are so many of them on Nairaland.

The bitter truth is, if I were to choose between having a girl child who is a prostitute and a male child who is a murderer, I would rather choose not to have kids at all. I don’t like stress!

15 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by LadyRosa(f): 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2022
SugarGirl44:
Nigerians and silly sympathy, that's why politicians keep looting their country and they keep praising them, these politicians know they're foolish and gullible.
Why on earth did they beg the father from reporting the case to the police?
That man shouldn't be left roaming the streets, he's going to go to another location and do the same thing to other girls, but with more caution.
He's a criminal that should have been severely punished for his past and future crimes.
I'm sure the girl isn't his first victim.

I was actually waiting for someone to say this.Can you imagine?Both landlords begging, obviously they are men for the case not to take legal actions.The mother of the girl is VERY STUPID for letting it slide.I will make sure I render than mans life useless if it's my case.God forbid.

I dey train pikin, person dey spoil am.If he is able to escape the law,then I use mercenaries. angry

13 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by KingDash: 10:52pm On Apr 16, 2022
LadyRosa:

You're very stupid for blaming the girl more.The FOOL wey send him _preek to the small girl na wetin?

Ozuo!
Na people like your papa dey _4ck street kids for area.
stupid bitch, I won’t even fuckck someone like you if you’re were the last bich on earth... leave my papa out of this and face me.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by kremzo: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
I have told my daughter in ss1 that she will only use a phone when she enters the university
QuinModah:

You can't be too sure...

I watched a skit a few minutes ago and I remembered an incident that happened last year. I have her permission to share without revealing names or locations. Also some details have been changed.

A mother asked to use her fifteen year old daughter’s phone for some days while her own phone was being repaired.

WhatsApp messages dropped on the phone. Her daughter had passworded her WhatsApp so she couldn’t see the messages.

Out of curiosity, she tried some passwords and her daughter’s birthday was the password. She opened the WhatsApp and almost died, with the shock of what she saw.

A man in the next building had been chatting with her daughter. He had made several sexual advances towards her, which the daughter refused. He was adamant. He pursued her. He sent her recharge cards, came to her school to give her gifts and money.

He asked her if she had a boyfriend or have ever had intimacy, she said no. He pursued her some more.

He requested for her pictures, almost unclad, which she initially refused to send him but when he sent his, she sent hers. It was nothing too revealing as she was in her bra and underwear.

Then he pushed for more. He wanted to see her completely nude. She couldn’t take such a picture because she shared a room with her siblings.

She saw messages like “Did you like what you saw?” “ Stop being shy around me.” “Why are you afraid? Nobody will see you.” He sent a picture of his nudity to her. A girl of fifteen!

It became terrifying when her daughter sent a chat saying she saw him with his wife the other night and he ignored her. She knew her daughter had fallen and it was a matter of time before the guy had his way.

She contacted me and asked me for advice. I have helped her in the past so she felt she could confide in me.

The truth is, when such a thing happens, you have to get someone who will treat the man’s Bleep-up very well. Who is the person who will be angry enough to do that No other person than her father.

She was scared her husband will dump the blame on her. She was looking for another way to handle it without him.

I told her, “If you handle it quietly, the man will be wiser and will ensure he won’t be caught since he is obsessed with your daughter that he patiently groomed her. It is best he is disgraced and only her father will do that unless he is a useless man that’s when he will keep quiet.” I told her she is lucky the girl hadn’t agreed to be alone with the man anywhere. It was getting close to that.

Her husband didn’t disappoint me. Immediately he read the chats and saw the ‘manhood’ he took off to the man’s house that night. The wife ran after him. He banged continuously on the gate.

Well, the man got what was coming to him. He was disgraced. The evidence of their chats were there. His neighbours were shocked because he portrayed a picture of a saint but he was the devil and also a paedophile.

The husband wanted to take the matter to the Police but everyone begged. The landlord of their house and the man’s house also appealed to him not to escalate the matter. They begged him not to expose his chats on social media as his wife, my friend, had promised to do.

The culprit’s wife left him. He eventually had to move out of the house immediately the rent was due. The disgrace was too much for them to handle. Everywhere he went in the neighborhood, mothers were wary of him around their daughters.

They have collected the phones from their children. If you are not in university, no more phones.

How did they handle the girl? I asked them not to beat her. But the father refused to listen. He said she had brought disgrace to the household. He wanted to send her to the village but I stopped him. She needed therapy not to be shamed. I told the mother to take her to see a psychologist at Yaba left. It worked!

Older men groom very young girls and turn them into sex slaves. It was what this man was doing. The kind of chats they had was irritating coming from a grown man. He was able to make her do some of the things he wanted by doing them first.

That phone your daughter holds very dear to her heart, please once in a while, check it. Make sure she is not being groomed for someone’s perversion. Check what she is doing and advise her. Anyone younger than sixteen shouldn’t be on social media. Anyone still in secondary school shouldn’t be there too, regardless of their age.

Girls have been lured to travel abroad to be sex slaves, all by grooming or greed. They make them hate their families and believe they are the only ones that love them . They give them attention and say sweet things to them often. It is easy to fall for such.

Teach your children these signs and also do not expose them unnecessarily to these men. Paedophiles are evolving. They are getting smarter. We have to keep our girls safe.

I love you all.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by bukatyne(f): 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
I am very interested in the girl's perspective.

A chat with her to know what was going on in her mind would have been nice.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by Emaprince: 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
Grandmeister:

You don't think there's something off for a girl of 15 years to be getting advances from a man and hiding it from her parents? When I was less than that age I knew better. I assumed responsibility for myself and my younger siblings at an age lesser than that because I was always told "they are looking up to you". Nobody is saying the man is not guilty but it reeks of failure and gap in parenting if a 15 year old girl is hiding such things from her parents.
The man is to be blamed 100%. That girl is still a kid who is probably having her first experience of attention, compliments and advances from a man, who unfortunately is a BIG adult. At this stage, she won't know the dangers in what she is getting herself into. She is just being gullible and vulnerable, which that man is taking advantage of.

Yes men likes them younger..but not a 15 Yr old,
my guy. Mention of that age gives me goose pimples sef.

The man should have gone after the ones in their early twenties and spend the money.

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by LadyRosa(f): 10:53pm On Apr 16, 2022
KingDash:
stupid bitch, I won’t even fuckck someone like you if you’re were the last bich on earth... leave my papa out of this and face me.

Why will you _4ck me?
Are you a human being in the first place?
A jellyfish like you!?

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by babaaelino92(m): 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

I don't just understand why women always attach emotion to everything.
Nobody is talking about d girl that gave her number willingly to d idiotic man
Nobody is talking about d girl that exchanged nudes with d idiotic man
Nobody is talking about d girl that accepted gifts and money from d idiotic man
Nobody is talking about d girl that was enjoying chatting with d idiotic man
Why are we so irrational in judging cases?

You have some points but it's irrelevant in this situation coz the man has upper hand over the little girl in this case.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by GloriousGbola: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2022
Grandmeister:

Covid 19 and remote learning meant that people had to buy devices for their kids.

The real problems.

Tech illiteratcy on the part of the parents with regards to device admin etc

Poorly penetrated Nigerian Market - there are devices for children with default restricted profiles

Failure of telcos to deploy family oriented data plans - data plans where porn is blocked by default. Just as they all blocked twitter, they can block any adult material etc from your phone

No provision of different forms of entertainment for kids. The poor can only fk because that is all they have to do. What have you made available to your kids for leisure? Prople rag on video games but I am sure you know all the jokes about gamers being virgins. An idle mind is the devils workshop. So what are you doing to keep your kids occupied?

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by nedekid: 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
tommy589:
Parents knows best. It is better to face your lane than to advice people on their parenting style. One thing I know is that the disadvantages of giving children personal phones outweighs the benefits
But what will parents do naa, you don't give them phones, na wahala, you give, wahala.
Modern times like this where they do school home work from the net. They do zoom video calls for lectures (during corona), etc or to chat with their friends, watch Netflix, YouTube etc, (that helps keep the house quite) , watin we go do?
Only God will help parents in this age and time, because evil is out there.

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by ambale(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:
The two parties are to be blamed, both d adult male and d girl child.
If d girl child is not enjoying d conversation, she would hv informed d mum long time ago than hiding it and also passwording her phone.
Or d girl child would hv reported to her teacher on school, imagine adult offering her gifts and money and she accepted them without fear.
When I talk about female, dem go cum for my head,

Oga do you know what age of consent means Sha

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by KingDash: 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
Ok here we go... war done start, see the small girl useless a grown ass man sending you dick pics you no report to anyone at 15 year old, y’all gender is something else tho
LadyRosa:

Why will you _4ck me?
Are you a human being in the first place?
A jellyfish like you!?
Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by yom2(m): 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2022
QuinModah:

You can't be too sure...

I love you all.
No be today now. Even 10years old dey get sexual attention from those male brutes o. D funny thing is that its d regular guys u see on d streets forming normal and religious

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by ambale(m): 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2022
emmanuelbrown26:

Sometimes our judgement is so so biase. A 15 year old girl (teenager), the mother is still alive and she stays with her mother.
An adult started toasting her, she willingly gave her number to d adult, she willingly exchange nude photos with d adult, she willingly accepted gifts and money.
At this juncture, both d adult and d girl are to be blamed. If d adult is pestering her and does not like it, what she should hv done is to report to her mother and teachers in school.
I had an encounter with a teanage girl like that, (when I was working in a pharmacy) d girl came to buy pepper spray, and I asked her who sent her and why she came to buy d pepper spray.
She told me how a boy was disturbing her everywhere she goes and d harrasement from d guy
I told her d following:
1. Anytime she wants to go out, she should not go alone.
2. She should inform her parents about d boy's disturbances and harrasement
3. Should not go out in d night all alone. Infact I hv forgotten d orientation I gv her but my happiness was that she conquered bcs after a while d girl came back to me and thanked me and d idiotic boy did not disturb nor harass her again.
What I'm trying to say here is that d teenage girl has questions to answer and as for d old cargo of a man, well nemesis will surely catch up with him

Once I know u are a teenager, I disembark almost immediately, you will not be able to handle it when it comes

You are the adult here and you are expected to act right.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by We4all: 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
Grandmeister:

You don't think there's something off for a girl of 15 years to be getting advances from a man and hiding it from her parents? When I was less than that age I knew better. I assumed responsibility for myself and my younger siblings at an age lesser than that because I was always told "they are looking up to you". Nobody is saying the man is not guilty but it reeks of failure and gap in parenting if a 15 year old girl is hiding such things from her parents.

I totally agree with you. A 15 year old girl is old enough to know what is right or wrong. I have seen a 12 year old tell a man to go to hell and reported to her parents.

Obviously, she didn’t have a great relationship with her parents to be able to open up to them. It’s a case of parenting gone wrong.

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters by Grandmeister(m): 11:00pm On Apr 16, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Covid 19 and remote learning meant that people had to buy devices for their kids.

The real problems.

Tech illiteratcy on the part of the parents with regards to device admin etc

Poorly penetrated Nigerian Market - there are devices for children with default restricted profiles

Failure of telcos to deploy family oriented data plans - data plans where porn is blocked by default. Just as they all blocked twitter, they can block any adult material etc from your phone

No provision of different forms of entertainment for kids. The poor can only fk because that is all they have to do. What have you made available to your kids for leisure? Prople rag on video games but I am sure you know all the jokes about gamers being virgins. An idle mind is the devils workshop. So what are you doing to keep your kids occupied?
I gave you a like for this comment. Another angle I haven't considered.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Wife Opens Secret: What My Husband Did To Me In The Bedroom / House Clearance Sales, Abuja Only. / Sex Secrets Of Nigerian Wife In The US Uploaded To Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.