Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,969 members, 7,835,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' (22800 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos) / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Biglittlelois(f): 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
Reson why I can never watch Venom and Morbius, it gives me the creeps, I don't understand how they can say something so villian and evil looking, is also the hero, very mind twisting.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by joeyswift(m): 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
He who has ears let him hear

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Mikael0407(m): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What chaotic situation would that be? One which is imagined?. undecided

Chaos returns in the form of Satan? God's existence depends on Chaos hence Satan? Satan is just a weapon? undecided

Why do you let your imagination rule over you in these things when you can instead let the story tell itself to you?? undecided

I am supposed to believe an unknown storyteller over my own Intuition? I think not. There are gaps in the biblical story and I attempt to fill them myself. If you can believe everything you read in the Bible then you can as well believe in the thousand other creation stories across the world.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Biglittlelois(f): 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Cartoons are not limited to children though there are teen cartoons and adult ones in case you do not know that.

There are kissing and gay scenes in children cartoon these days, that's the point.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Biglittlelois:

There are kissing and gay scenes in children cartoon these days, that's the point.
To serve a specific audience and not for everyone.

The people who do this are adults within a family setting showing the family lives of their own society.

2 Likes

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Biglittlelois(f): 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

To serve a specific audience and not for everyone.

The people who do this are adults within a family setting showing the family lives of their own society.

Their family life don't have kids there? no matter the setting and whatnot, is it right?

Cartoon Network on DStv show case kissing and gayism and it is rated for kids only.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
Mikael0407:
I am supposed to believe an unknown storyteller over my own Intuition? I think not. There are gaps in the biblical story and I attempt to fill them myself. If you can believe everything you read in the Bible then you can as well believe in the thousand other creation stories across the world.
Interesting! undecided

You aren't yourself a witness of any kind - not even as a seer - but you believe your intuition a more reliable source as far as the details of what took place? undecided

Oookay! undecided
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 12:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
Brendaniel:

Don't mind kobojunkie, AmazonTopaz, Magnoliaa and all those arguing with you, it's funny how people read without comprehending, the author clearly stated from the beginning of the article that he also watches marvel movies which means he likes them and he also said he is not saying people should not watch them, but what he is saying is people should guard their hearts about the information you receive from these movies, the power of media should not be underestimated, how would you explain the lady who sacrificed herself because of beyonce or the one who committed suicide because Michael Jackson died, Human beings are different, not because you can watch those movies and know they are fictional characters, people tend to idolize what they like and the media also helps in doing that, I personally watch all the marvel movies, horror movies, harry potter movies, sci-fi movies and so on, I like watching them, right from when I was a kid I always knew these were just scripts and should not influence me negatively, but I can't say the same for everyone, some people have been impacted negatively by these movies.

So I don't see the reason for the attack on the author of the article or on Ishilove, His message was clear, he was addressing Christians and not the general public of different beliefs, it is clear in the bible that we should not believe in sorcery, watch the movies if you want but guard you hearts not to believe in what go against the bible, firstly if you are not a Christian you should not even be attacking him because the message was not even to you( mind your business), if you are a Christian and you are attacking him then you don't know the word of God(Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life - Proverbs 4:23).

And this, my friend, is the QED. The writer made it clear several times that he is not asking for a boycott of Marvel movies, but that we should guard our hearts against the messages some of them are passing. People just don't want to read with an open mind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Starzo: 12:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
aikyg:
Are you serious? Africans are even doing worse while acting all holy. They criticise homosexuals, but they kill other humans for rituals.
when have you seen ritual killings/killers being praised?

Do they not get criticized everywhere also?

Did the Nigerian Senate not try to ban nollywood from shooting films with ritual scenes to discourage the act?

So who exactly is criticising homosexuality while glorifying ritual killings??

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kulushkalash(m): 12:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
Except if we have chosen not to acknowledge or state the truth... When we see these movies (Marvel) at some point we recognise these works as those of fiction, entertainment and white literally it's just a movie.

However, MZ movies gives credence and also concertise the notion of witches, demons, whilst also playing down the ability to think, be rational and simply act reasonably.

They (MZ) should not play down the growth of marvel movies at the expense of trying to drive traffic to their movies. Let the public follow on merit what they find most reasonable.

Once again the favourite tools they love to use fear and ignorance.

And to Mike Bamiloye's son, I see another human being that has now been completely programmed, indoctrinated to the point where there is lack of simple concrete thinking.

Well I say farewell to the rat race, to the circle, you have created and to the programming you have chosen to live by.

Don't play down what we stand for!!
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 1:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

And this, my friend, is the QED. The writer made it clear several times that he is not asking for a boycott of Marvel movies, but that we should guard our hearts against the messages some of them are passing. People just don't want to read with an open mind.
The writer had no authority given him by God to pen down such nonsense pretending to have done so in the name of God. undecided

He calls on you all to guard your hearts against Hollywood, this against Jesus Christ who instead said you should instead guard your hearts against the lies of false teachers and false prophets, those who sell you lies in the name of God. They are the one's Jesus Christ warned will feed you lies to divert your attention from that which really matters onto that which doesn't. undecided

Hollywood no dey sell anything in the name of God. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kulushkalash(m): 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

The truth is linear and often very straightforward, defending what you consider the truth by finding loose ends in someone's statement that is clearly flawed to argue a reasonable point is simply part of the problem we are having.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by AmazonTopaz(f): 1:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Their family life don't have kids there? no matter the setting and whatnot, is it right?

Cartoon Network on DStv show case kissing and gayism and it is rated for kids only.

My goodness produce your cartoons where LGBT is banned and leave them to practice and show what is acceptable in their society.

For goodness sake, there are gay and lesbian couples who adopted kids and so they would want to see their family life represented on TV.

Are the kissing and gayism done by kids or adults in the cartoon?

Kissing has always been in cartoons right since inception and limited to one or two scenes. Disney's Snow White which was released in 1937 had a scene where they kissed so don't act like it started today in cartoons unless you want to agree that cartoons are not specific for kids and it is up to you to show them age related contents but many of us as children did watch snow white and other cartoons too.

4 Likes

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 1:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Angelfrost:

Yeah... I agree with the subliminal mind fvck going on in Hollywood. It is so blatant and laughable to me.

However, I love art, great art at that! These movies in question are amazingly artistic and beautiful! I love them!

I sincerely can't wait to see: Dr. Strange: In the Multiverse of Madness

Moon knight is so stupid and cliched! There is no hope for that series!

In all, we need to educate ourselves and our kids better at guarding their minds and imaginations. Too much indoctrination out there!
I like Marvel movies too, but I'm careful what I allow penetrate my spirit. Whether we choose to admit it or not, there is a lot of subliminal conditioning going on that we are not aware of.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
The writer had no authority given him by God to pen down such nonsense pretending to have done so in the name of God. undecided

He calls on you all to guard your hearts against Hollywood, this against Jesus Christ who instead said you should instead guard your hearts against the lies of false teachers and false prophets, those who sell you lies in the name of God. They are the one's Jesus Christ warned will feed you lies to divert your attention from that which really matters onto that which doesn't. undecided

Hollywood no dey sell anything in the name of God. lipsrsealed
Kobo, leave me biko

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
Angelfrost:

That introduction of LGBT into Superman and Deadpool seriously irritated me! Don't even get me started on that gay character in Peacemaker!
They call it 'inclusion'. Shior.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

Wisdom and truth. Hollywood is glorifying and glamourising homosexuality, witchcraft, sorcery and occultism, and we are becoming more accepting of them.

They usually introduce these demonic vices gradually in their movies to "water the ground". When people get used to such, they start pushing it as being normal, till it becomes govt policy. Next thing is paedophilia and bestiality (after they've pushed homosexuality).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2022
4good:

Eating from the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil will continue to produce more currupt humans against the wish of the creator God Almighty.

Summary: whatch what you consume, including movies you watch. It has large influence on destinies. Guard your heart dilligently.... Proverbs 4:23
QED. That's the whole summary, but people will rather nitpick at Mount Zion rather than open their minds to the young man's admonition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by folake4u(f): 1:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
GloriousGbola:

Disney and marvel must pay you for this. This is how they will finally close out naija market. Nigerian cut where the after credits scene features a "to God be the glory" skit.

So true. grin grin

When I was much younger, after that To God be the glory scene, my father will call all his children and ask us what we learnt from the movie especially Mount Zion movies. grin

They wont allow you to watch Harry Potter in peace. They'd say it's promoting witchcraft. Infact, my mum will switch off the TV and tell you to either watch Mount Zion or cartoons.

So is Harry Potter witchcraft own bad, while Nigerian movies witchcraft good? grin
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

They usually introduce these demonic vices gradually in their movies to "water the ground". When people get used to such, they start pushing it as being normal, till it becomes govt policy. Next thing is paedophilia and bestiality (after they've pushed homosexuality).
I don't think they will descend that low. They will rather push for incest than pedophilia.

See, the devil is very very crafty and very subtle, and he makes his way into our minds through various devices. I've been sensing what is going on for a long time but this young man was able to articulate it a lot better than I ever can.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by folake4u(f): 1:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
peppermint7:

All those shit mount Zion movies back then.
You ft get nightmare till morning

Guyyyy! That popular "Ayamantanga" movie gave me creeps for a very long time.

Especially their soundtrack. Omo!!! embarassed
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 1:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
And I am challenging you even now to prove me wrong. undecided

There is nothing like holy matrimony this since that which has been cursed by God Himself is rendered unholy by virtue of His judgment against it. undecided

Marriage, according to Genesis 2 vs 24 is simply an agreement between a man and woman to become husband and wife(marriage). The very same husband and wife on whom the curse in Genesis 3 vs 16 is placed on by God..
Implicated are the very same husband and wife(one) that is a marriage. undecided

God didn't place that curse on single women or single men, but on men and women in marriage(husband and wife) .I.e. on marriage itself. undecided

In the very same context of Genesis 3 vs 16, God also placed a curse on woman(irrespective of marital status) in child pregnancy and childbirth. Yes, the same God who commanded, "Be fruitful and multiply" in Genesis 1 vs 28, in Genesis 3 vs 16a cursed childbearing, so that every child born into this world is born via God's curse. undecided
Can that which is born of God's curse be of God's blessing? undecided

I ask this of those who say things like, "Children are a blessing from God". This is not to suggest that children are evil. It is simply to get one to carefully consider what they hear and accept as being from God because we tend to tell ourselves a lot of lies about God and the things of God. undecided
*facepalm*
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by aikyg(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
Starzo:

when have you seen ritual killings/killers being praised?

Do they not get criticized everywhere also?

Did the Nigerian Senate not try to ban nollywood from shooting films with ritual scenes to discourage the act?

So who exactly is criticising homosexuality while glorifying ritual killings??

You praise them everyday in Nigeria. They are in churches, politics and business.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
Wow absolutely nothing buh the truth. That's a very intresting one

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Hermes119: 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
With the damage religion has done to some people's brains you can't help but feel pity for them.
The only life you have , the only one you are sure you have you choose to live it by the dictates of a book you don't who authored, worse still you suspend your reasoning to believe some very very ridiculous sh!t. How can a person believe that a human being lived 969 years seriously!!
Anyways back to the topic, Op it's a simple thing if you don't like the movies for whatsoever reason don't see them, those who like them and wish to see them would go ahead nothing you say would change that

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by SeriouslySense(m): 1:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
Sometimes what we like the most, is not good for us. Marvel is certainly my favorite, but its has incorporated witchcraft and Satanism.

I won't lie I like the scarlet witch, seriously, I need to reformat my brain in one second reformats. Anyway, reading the bible helps me to build up immunity and to perceive it, or even avoid it. I saw Mobius trailer, but I dont have the interest to watch it.

Anyway, i also follow comics and try to read on some background, its like another universe.

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Steep(m): 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
This is the last days
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Starzo: 1:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
aikyg:

You praise them everyday in Nigeria. They are in churches, politics and business.

You just talk anyhow without sense and facts

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by spy24(m): 2:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

Nope. Never seen them. I've never been able to get myself to watch any Harry Potter movie because my spirit rejected it from the very beginning. I cannot watch a movie that glamourises witchcraft in any form.

And for those bringing Mount Zion to this, the difference here is Mount Zion presents the negative supernatural as it is; it doesn't tell me there are good witches and there are bad witches. Witchcraft is witchcraft.

Mind you, I know where to draw the line with fantasy, but please, I will not accept the subtle mind conditioning to accept the glamourisation of occultism that many of these movies seem to be doing.

It's called entertainment for a reason
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by ShaqFu: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
Obviously the OP is a learner. He seem not to know Morbius and Venom aren't heroes, they're antiheroes. Anyway, that's his problem. I've long learnt not to bother with the views of religious folks.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by bukatyne(f): 2:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

Wisdom and truth. Hollywood is glorifying and glamourising homosexuality, witchcraft, sorcery and occultism, and we are becoming more accepting of them.

Nice read.

However, I am a HUGE FAN of personal responsibility; I only focus and deal effectively with things within my circle of control.

Hollywood has the right to produce whatever kind of content they will to suit their target audience.

If it doesn't suit us, it is our duty as parents and guardians to choose the entertainment that reflects our values for our kids.

The Bamiloyes have done extremely well in the Christian movie genre. Rather than stop at writing this epistle, I hope they will see a critical need for Christ based entertainment for kids and cater to it.

Happy Easter.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by sharpwriter(m): 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2022
folake4u:

You're right oh. Some of their movies made me terrified as a child. I can't even deal!!! undecided

But then again, African parents will see everything wrong in Harry Potter and a host of other fantasy movies because To God be the glory wasn't added at the end of the movie. lipsrsealed
Lol... Ide èṣù, agbára ńlá (ayamatanga), that demon olokoshe dúdú was scary to us then cheesy

But the ones that I was so scared of were Ègún aimo and Agba wòlíì cheesy Those things were enticing to watch but they took vigor out of me then via fear especially at night when I wanna sleep, not to mention that our area then was plagued with perpetual power failure which was a catalyst for night time terror. grin

I'm still looking for that àgbà wòlíì though. I've not seen that movie since childhood.

Alumama itọni cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / What Has Life Taught You So Far? / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.