Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,990 members, 7,835,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' (22802 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos) / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by ShaqFu: 2:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
bukatyne:

Nice read.

However, I am a HUGE FAN of personal responsibility; I only focus and deal effectively with things within my circle of control.

Hollywood has the right to produce whatever kind of content they will to suit their target audience.

If it doesn't suit us, it is our duty as parents and guardians to choose the entertainment that reflects our values for our kids.

The Bamiloyes have done extremely well in the Christian movie genre. Rather than stop at writing this epistle, I hope they will see a critical need for Christ based entertainment for kids and cater to it.

Happy Easter.
Couldn't have said it better. Still I believe whatever content the Bamiloye's showcase still won't reflect the reality of what is happening today, it will only be fiction.

Bottomline, good doesn't always win.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by folake4u(f): 2:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
sharpwriter:

Lol... Ide èṣù, agbára ńlá (ayamatanga), that demon olokoshe dúdú was scary to us then cheesy

But the ones that I was so scared of were Ègún aimo and Agba wòlíì cheesy Those things were enticing to watch but they took vigor out of me then via fear especially at night when I wanna sleep, not to mention that our area then was plagued with perpetual power failure which was a catalyst for night time terror. grin

I'm still looking for that àgbà wòlíì though. I've not seen that movie since childhood.

Alumama itọni cheesy

Ayamantanga gave everyone creeps those days.

@ the bolded. You can check it online on Youtube. Probably they added the clips there.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Lol this made me laugh grin happy Easter kiss

My Queen, Happy Easter!

Send me my own rice o.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2022
bukatyne:

Nice read.

However, I am a HUGE FAN of personal responsibility; I only focus and deal effectively with things within my circle of control.

Hollywood has the right to produce whatever kind of content they will to suit their target audience.

If it doesn't suit us, it is our duty as parents and guardians to choose the entertainment that reflects our values for our kids.

The Bamiloyes have done extremely well in the Christian movie genre. Rather than stop at writing this epistle, I hope they will see a critical need for Christ based entertainment for kids and cater to it.

Happy Easter.
True.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by sharpwriter(m): 2:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
folake4u:

@ the bolded. You can check it online on Youtube. Probably they added the clips there.
I have checked, couldn't find it. I'll still look out for it sha.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 2:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
Mikael0407:
Somebody just called Satan the greatest adversary of God and mankind and I take an opposing view to that. If there's anything I've learned in this world it's that good cannot exist without evil and vice versa. It reminds me of the Buddhist Ying and yang. It is the same thing Dr. Jordan Peterson talks about when he references the relationship between order and chaos. These two cannot exist separately from one another. I don't know the events that occurred before God decided to create Earth and humans in it but I have to assume that it was occasioned by a chaotic situation, hence the need to create order (heaven and Earth) out of said chaos. Unfortunately order cannot be maintained forever, hence the chaos returned in the form of satan who was created by God. Taking this into consideration I decided that God while eternal has a need to create chaos in order to continue his existence. Therefore Satan is not really the enemy but just the weapon. I may be wrong but that's just my view

Exactly.

And I strongly believe that we are all tools.

Look at the story of Judas. We continue to malign him for daring to betray our Lord.

But if we would only sit down and look at the story very well, Judas was a mere tool. He had absolutely no control over his fate. Yes, he was a thief and he was greedy, but still it was his destiny to be these things because it helps fulfill the crucifixion story. Without Judas, the Roman soldiers wouldn't have recognized Jesus. Without being recognized, Jesus would not have died. And we would not be saying "Happy Easter" today.

So, why is Judas being demonized?

3 Likes

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by folake4u(f): 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
sharpwriter:

I have checked, couldn't find it. I'll still look out for it sha.

Alright.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by AmazonTopaz(f): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

My Queen, Happy Easter!

Send me my own rice o.
Happy Easter

grin grin grin
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Happy Easter

grin grin grin

kiss

The kiss of love. Take care of yourself, my love.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
folake4u:

Have you watched "Lost Forever"?

That Mount Zion film scared me like mad.

Those guys really scared us with their gospel of terror. Why should a child have to go through all that torture? It gives one a bad impression about God.

It was my mother that suffered the most at my hands. I questioned her endlessly as I continued to wonder why God will love me and still have no problem throwing me into the bottomless pit.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Freelance363: 3:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
Am not sure about others,but what i watch doesn't control what i do. In fact,i like watching more of action movies than all these romantic and scifys. Vampires or witchcraft,i just see them as imaginations,nothing more.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by angelfallz(m): 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter bukatyne
bukatyne:

Nice read.

Happy Easter.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kajaard: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmazonTopaz:

Happy Easter

grin grin grin

The message on your profile is so on point. Let me rephrase it as such: The person who doesn't desire validation from anyone ( be it man or woman) will go far in life and is someone not to be messed with.

Sadly such people are getting fewer by the day with this social media clout chasing madness fever hitting everywhere undecided

Nice to see you are still on this platform my dear ladyhippolyta wink

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kajaard:

The message on your profile is so on point. Let me rephrase it as such: The person who doesn't desire validation from anyone ( be it man or woman) will go far in life and is someone not to be messed with.

Sadly such people are getting fewer by the day with this social media clout chasing madness fever hitting everywhere undecided

Nice to see you are still on this platform my dear ladyhippolyta wink
You are right thank you and happy Easter cool smiley
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by lexander(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:
I was on Twitter when I saw 'Mount Zion' was trending. I thought the company had produced another movie, but alas it was something totally different. Joshua Bamiloye, one of the sons of Evangelist Mike Bamiloye, founder of Mount Zion faith Ministries and Mount Zion Television shared a series of thought provoking tweets about the increasingly dark and dubious content in movies, specifically Marvel movies that resonated with me because of the undiluted truth it contains for Christians.

If your attention span is a tweet long, this thread is not for you.

https://twitter.com/jay_mikee/status/1514949022309654528
I actually never thought about creating my own thread but I was planning on writing something similar to this in another thread in response to a woman . she spoke about her experience reading the WhatsApp msg on her daughter's phone and she adviced others to be careful about what their children do on social media and the type of content they access. my thoughts was she seems to have forgotten about music and movies that seem harmless but actually contain hidden messages reprogramming the minds of children.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by lexander(m): 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
SeriouslySense:
Sometimes what we like the most, is not good for us. Marvel is certainly my favorite, but its has incorporated witchcraft and Satanism.

I won't lie I like the scarlet witch, seriously, I need to reformat my brain in one second reformats. Anyway, reading the bible helps me to build up immunity and to perceive it, or even avoid it. I saw Mobius trailer, but I dont have the interest to watch it.

Anyway, i also follow comics and try to read on some background, its like another universe.

that was the point of the thread but what happens to kids who obviously ain't capable of distinguishing the right and wrong or adults that are easily deceived.

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

[b]I don't think they will descend that low. [/b]They will rather push for incest than pedophilia.

See, the devil is very very crafty and very subtle, and he makes his way into our minds through various devices. I've been sensing what is going on for a long time but this young man was able to articulate it a lot better than I ever can.

Exactly how people thought before homosexuality was introduced (at the bolded). Yes the devil is subtle. That's why it will be introduced gradually to prepare people's minds for it.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by greencard: 5:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
GloriousGbola:
I recently watched Encanto and turning red

Two absolutely beautiful Disney movies.

They are completely different from the Disney movies of our childhood, with mostly white faces/heroes, and the barest minimum at show casing anything other than western culture

It was beautiful to watch other cultures being showcased.

I can only imagine what zion ministries would have to say though

Encanto is celebrating and indoctrinating children with witchcraft

That girl in turning red is a witch that turns to red cat at night and goes for night meeting.
thought it was only me that notice this , including Naya and the dragon. . imagine teaching children to embrace witchcraft

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Yemideee: 6:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
I do agree with certain points the writer raised in his write-up but from a personal perspective,I grew up watching the types of Hollywood movies in question but never for once did they interfer in my thought process or my understanding of religion and life generally;it was strictly entertainment! Now as an adult fantasy movies don't even appeal to me that much.

But then I remember that we are in a different age where external influences(social media,movies,songs etc)on children actually outweighs parental,familial,and religious influences!
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Sheyimann: 7:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
AmazonTopaz:
Lol, the same occultism and so-called socery that we have been reading in books as old as time but we were brought up to believe that they are bad what some of these movies depict is that these powers are not bad but it is how you use them that is so how is it a problem?

Also, these are about creativity and wild imaginations as a child I wasn't stupid and I know that these were all fiction and a work of art something sorry to say many Nigerians don't like to explore in their movies which is why Hollywood continues to beat you.

All these societal problems rife in the society like money rituals, armed robbery, kidnapping, occultism and co were not found in marvel but in Nollywood but truly it is Doctor strange that negatively impacted these people to be doing these atrocious acts to believe that you make money by killing people. grin

Some people should learn how to differentiate fiction from reality and stop being paranoid left to these people we should still be doing the inquisition and burning witches as it was done in ancient times lol.

I don't want to bring down anybody's work but truth be told mount zion movies are also filled with witches and wizards that I would not even advise kids to watch so that they don't develop nightmares over them. We believe that those movies are good and tell the work of God but we choose not to expand our horizons and see the creative imaginations and works of art because of religion.

So it is bad to watch movies about sorcery because we were told it is wrong when it is even arguable that these folklores like magic, witches, wizards, vampires, demons etc are all lies/allegory that are also a figment of our imagination.

One clear point he is missing is that in many of these movies they always emphasize the theme that good will always triumph over evil name one movie where evil ever triumphed over good I will like to know.

And fantasies are one of my favourite Genres in movies, films and books. grin

Girl you are making
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2022
lexander:
I actually never thought about creating my own thread but I was planning on writing something similar to this in another thread in response to a woman . she spoke about her experience reading the WhatsApp msg on her daughter's phone and she adviced others to be careful about what their children do on social media and the type of content they access. my thoughts was she seems to have forgotten about music and movies that seem harmless but actually contain hidden messages reprogramming the minds of children.
What kind of WhatsApp message was it?
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by ofiko123(m): 7:40pm On Apr 17, 2022
Hollywood movies are my favourite..
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by beefy2399: 8:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
WesternOligarch:
Even away from the Christian angle..... western forms of entertainment are a threat to the values and morals of African society.

Please let's not carried away with our values - I don't think there is currently any place in the West where people are routinely kidnapped for money rituals on such a scale as happens in our country. In fact I can't recall seeing such depicted in films from Hollywood - that is purely an African (or Nigerian) creation.

Or shall we talk of accountable governance - the rate at which our political class steal/loot public funds is on a scale that is really not rivalled anywhere else in the world.

Values and morals of African society - that's a joke statement undecided Look around you bro, there isn't really much left to corrupt - we've done a pretty much good job using our own hands.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BestLife22(m): 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2022
Saudi Arabia is not just an Islamic country like everyone thinks. There are a lot of majestic sights to explore in this beautiful city of Riyadh��
Let's give you a tour of Riyadh in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK97jmN9t8o

Just take a look at the drift before and after iftar��
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
Look at the story of Judas. We continue to malign him for daring to betray our Lord.

But if we would only sit down and look at the story very well, Judas was a mere tool. He had absolutely no control over his fate. Yes, he was a thief and he was greedy, but still it was his destiny to be these things because it helps fulfill the crucifixion story. Without Judas, the Roman soldiers wouldn't have recognized Jesus. Without being recognized, Jesus would not have died. And we would not be saying "Happy Easter" today.
So, why is Judas being demonized?
What? undecided
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 9:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Exactly how people thought before homosexuality was introduced (at the bolded). Yes the devil is subtle. That's why it will be introduced gradually to prepare people's minds for it.
Homosexuality was introduced by whom abeg? undecided

My first encounter with homosexuals was as an 11-year old in boarding school. We had various housemates, at a school right there in Kwara state Nigeria, who practiced as far back as the late 80s. That didn't cause me, an 11-year old, to become one nor did I even imagine it something one becomes - never did. Even at that young age, I knew it was something you either are or you are not. Along with hundreds of other students at the school, we continued to live in peace with these Homosexuals until we eventually graduated and moved on to other things. undecided

Homosexuality has been around in your neighborhoods for thousands of years. Blaming Hollywood for it is admitting ignorance of that which has been before you were and will remain even after you are done here. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:53pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What? undecided

Judas was used to advance the crucifixion plot.

Can we blame him?

In Wale Adenuga's voice: "We are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator."
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
Judas was used to advance the crucifixion plot. Can we blame him.
In Wale Adenuga's voice: "We are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator."
Judas was who he was before he was recruited by Jesus Christ. So,it was not like he was made to do anything he didn't already want to do of himself. undecided

God uses even the evil plans of men to accomplish His Will, does He not. So why do you think Judas is not to blame for his choices simply because God used it for good? undecided

And your Adenuga is wrong! We are not pencils in the hands of God instead God uses even our bad choices to work out His good Will. undecided
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Judas was who he was before he was recruited by Jesus Christ. So,it was not like he was made to do anything he didn't already want to do of himself. undecided

But a friend would have still needed to betray Jesus Christ to fulfill a scripture. Judas was destined to betray Jesus, just as Peter was destined to betray Him.

God uses even the evil plans of men to accomplish His Will, does He not. So why do you think Judas is not to blame for his choices simply because God used it for good? undecided

I don't understand your argument here.

And your Adenuga is wrong! We are not pencils in the hands of God instead God uses even our bad choices to work out His good Will. undecided

Even Christ Himself was a pencil in the hand of God.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kccheechy(m): 10:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what if Hollywood is supposedly becoming more accepting of those things, all of which have been around since the very beginning of man, what then? undecided

What is the hullabaloo about? Why do you folks let these your pastors and mogs use you to forward their hate-filled agenda, against God by the way? undecided
You are trying so hard to sound intelligent but you are not. You have just been talking rubbish.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by J3da: 10:19pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

Wisdom and truth. Hollywood is glorifying and glamourising homosexuality, witchcraft, sorcery and occultism, and we are becoming more accepting of them.

Hey stranger �well spoken.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
1. But a friend would have still needed to betray Jesus Christ to fulfill a scripture. Judas was destined to betray Jesus, just as Peter was destined to betray Him.

I don't understand your argument here.
Even Christ Himself was a pencil in the hand of God.
Did God cause Judas, the one who was of the devil before Jesus chose him, to betray Jesus? Did God cause Judas to steal money from the groups wallet as well? You say he was destined, so help me understand what you mean by that. undecided

Take the story of Joseph for example. What his brothers meant for evil against Joseph, God used in accomplishing His good in the life of Joseph. God uses even the evil plans of men to accomplish His Will as purpose for His own. God used Judas' evil plans to accomplish His Will, Jesus Christ, so why do you think Judas is not to blame for his evil? undecided

Jesus Christ was not a pencil in God's hands. If you pay attention to what Jesus Christ instead said, you would know this. Jesus Christ could have played His own card and lived as He instead chose to submit His own will in order that God's Will and plan may be worked through Him. Even up to the night before He was crucified, we see that Jesus Christ had to continuously make the decision to die to His own will in order that God's Will may instead be done through Him. undecided

Does any of that sound like what anyone who is a pencil would do? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / What Has Life Taught You So Far? / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.