Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' (22797 Views)

Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding / Joshua, Mike Bamiloye's Son Who Is A Photoshop Guru (Photos) / Mike Bamiloye Exposes Church Instrumentalists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by lexander(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

What kind of WhatsApp message was it?
read the thread https://www.nairaland.com/7081607/dont-lose-guard-daughters
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by ofiko123(m): 10:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
Happy Easter to everyone..
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Nobody: 11:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Homosexuality was introduced by whom abeg? undecided

My first encounter with homosexuals was as an 11-year old in boarding school. We had various housemates, at a school right there in Kwara state Nigeria, who practiced as far back as the late 80s. That didn't cause me, an 11-year old, to become one nor did I even imagine it something one becomes - never did. Even at that young age, I knew it was something you either are or you are not. Along with hundreds of other students at the school, we continued to live in peace with these Homosexuals until we eventually graduated and moved on to other things. undecided

Homosexuality has been around in your neighborhoods for thousands of years. Blaming Hollywood for it is admitting ignorance of that which has been before you were and will remain even after you are done here. undecided

I'm not talking about making people change their orientation, I'm talking about gradually making people accept the abnormal as being normal. Even in the US homosexuality was frowned at before. How did you think they started making people see it as normal? By sharing flyers?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Hismasterpiece(m): 11:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ishilove:

If you find his position ridiculous, that's on you. I'm not blind and insensitiveto the craftiness of Satan, and if you are, then that's also on you. It is not my prerogative to convince you. Hollywood is one of the biggest movie industries in the world with a wide outreach. He is telling us as Christians to sieve what we watch and be on guard against the negative content that so many movies contain. If you find this thought process ridiculous, then you are blinder than you know.

Kobo goodnight. I don't have power for your warped, upsidedown scriptural reasoning this evening.

grin grin grin @ the bolded. the guy or girl is clearly deceived. far worse than any Jehova's Witness or baptist or catholic. always reading scripture upside down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 12:00am On Apr 18, 2022
Hismasterpiece:

grin grin grin @ the bolded. the guy or girl is clearly deceived. far worse than any Jehova's Witness or baptist or catholic. always reading scripture upside down.
Or through the smoky haze of Kwale weed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by MeghaneMorgane(f): 12:01am On Apr 18, 2022
All the movies mentioned here, I haven’t watched even one. I’m glad I haven’t and I don’t intend to.

2 Likes

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 12:03am On Apr 18, 2022
BluntTheApostle:

But a friend would have still needed to betray Jesus Christ to fulfill a scripture. Judas was destined to betray Jesus, just as Peter was destined to betray Him.

I don't understand your argument here.

Even Christ Himself was a pencil in the hand of God.
You're arguing with Nairaland's resident igbo smoking bible teacher. Don't even bother with trying to make sense with her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by CaseSensitive(m): 12:06am On Apr 18, 2022
Ishilove:

Kobo, I'm not going down that road with you. Leave me to my beliefs and I will leave you to yours. The world is big enough for all of us.

Typical defensive response of a typical zealot
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Ishilove: 12:14am On Apr 18, 2022
CaseSensitive:

Typical defensive response from a typical zealot
If you want to debate with Kobojunkie, by all means, knock yourself out. But not me. I will not be drawn into profitless arguments about the scriptures. Never have, never will.

But avoid foolish disputes, genealogies, contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and useless. Reject a divisive man after the first and second admonition, knowing that such a person is warped and sinning, being self-condemned
Titus 3: 9-11 (NKJV)
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 12:24am On Apr 18, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:
I'm not talking about making people change their orientation, I'm talking about gradually making people accept the abnormal as being normal. Even in the US homosexuality was frowned at before. How did you think they started making people see it as normal? By sharing flyers?
I wasn't made to see it as normal though. Even as an 11-year-old, I instead early, that I had no right to decide, especially where others are concerned, what is abnormal or not. undecided

Hollywood shows you pictures of what exists right in the very society where you claim to live in. Why do you pretend it forces you to accept, this by simply showing you what is, to accept that which you would rather hate in ignorance. The choice is yours whether to contnue to hate or not,these "abnormals". undecided

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 12:28am On Apr 18, 2022
Ishilove:

If you want to debate with Kobojunkie, by all means, knock yourself out. But not me. I will not be drawn into profitless arguments about the scriptures. Never have, never will. (NKJV)
Wait a minute...it is profitable for you to accuse me of lying, but profitless to support your accusations with facts when asked to? undecided

Come on now! undecided

1 Like

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by CaseSensitive(m): 12:31am On Apr 18, 2022
Ishilove:

If you want to debate with Kobojunkie, by all means, knock yourself out. But not me. I will not be drawn into profitless arguments about the scriptures. Never have, never will.

Titus 3: 9-11 (NKJV)

Again, a very careless utterance. Christians like you are always right, every other person who dare ask question or challenge what yous lot says is filthy, unworthy and useless. No logic, just bible verses. What a life
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:02am On Apr 18, 2022
Ishilove:

You're arguing with Nairaland's resident igbo smoking bible teacher. Don't even bother with trying to make sense with her.

cheesy
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:16am On Apr 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Did God cause Judas, the one who was of the devil before Jesus chose him, to betray Jesus? Did God cause Judas to steal money from the groups wallet as well? You say he was destined, so help me understand what you mean by that. undecided

Take the story of Joseph for example. What his brothers meant for evil against Joseph, God used in accomplishing His good in the life of Joseph. God uses even the evil plans of men to accomplish His Will as purpose for His own. God used Judas' evil plans to accomplish His Will, Jesus Christ, so why do you think Judas is not to blame for his evil? undecided

Jesus Christ was not a pencil in God's hands. If you pay attention to what Jesus Christ instead said, you would know this. Jesus Christ could have played His own card and lived as He instead chose to submit His own will in order that God's Will and plan may be worked through Him. Even up to the night before He was crucified, we see that Jesus Christ had to continuously make the decision to die to His own will in order that God's Will may instead be done through Him. undecided

Does any of that sound like what anyone who is a pencil would do? undecided

Is God omniscient?

The birth and death of Christ had long been written before Christ walked the Earth.

In fact, when David wrote a Psalm detailing the death of Christ on the Cross, there was nothing like the Roman Empire. In fact, crucifixion had not been invented.

Other prophets like Zachariah and Isaiah also gave detailed prophesies which even Jesus Himself referenced. From getting spat in the face to getting nailed in the hands and legs.

All these events had been destined to happen. Every player in the birth and death of Christ had been chosen even before they were born. From those that sentenced him to those that flogged Him to the thieves that were crucified alongside Him.

Just to know that we are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator, see what God told Jeremiah:

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5)

God had already set Jeremiah apart ever before Jeremiah was conceived. Jeremiah had been destined to be a prophet even before he was conceived.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by KLand(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2022
I totally agree with the observations in this post.

I watched Venom (let the carnage begin) and concluded that the movie was portraying demonic possession.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2022
BluntTheApostle:
1s God omniscient?

The birth and death of Christ had long been written before Christ walked the Earth.

In fact, when David wrote a Psalm detailing the death of Christ on the Cross, there was nothing like the Roman Empire. In fact, crucifixion had not been invented.

Other prophets like Zachariah and Isaiah also gave detailed prophesies which even Jesus Himself referenced. From getting spat in the face to getting nailed in the hands and legs.

All these events had been destined to happen. Every player in the birth and death of Christ had been chosen even before they were born. From those that sentenced him to those that flogged Him to the thieves that were crucified alongside Him.

Just to know that we are nothing but pencils in the hand of the creator, see what God told Jeremiah:

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations" (Jeremiah 1:5)

God had already set Jeremiah apart ever before Jeremiah was conceived. Jeremiah had been destined to be a prophet even before he was conceived.
God is all-knowing. Yes, but why do you assume that because He is able to accurately predict the future of men, that that implies men are pencils in God's hands? undecided

That is not an entirely logical conclusion to jump to unless there is more that you are not revealing and i am asking you to explain that more to me. undecided

Consider this, science is able to predict with more accuracy today, human behavior. Does that necessarily mean men are become pencils in the hands of science? undecided
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
God is all-knowing. Yes, but why do you assume that because He is able to accurately predict the future of men, that that implies men are pencils in God's hands? undecided

Explain how God can be all-knowing, then explain to me how man can still be said to have Free Will?

That is not an entirely logical conclusion to jump to unless there is more that you are not revealing and i am asking you to explain that more to me. undecided

Consider the Prophet Jeremiah. God already decided he was going to be a prophet even before he was born. Jeremiah had absolutely no say in his own life. He had already been destined to be a prophet.

Now, let us look at the curious case of Judas Iscariot.

Why was Judas referred to as "the son of perdition". It means salvation was never reserved for Judas. No matter what Judas could have done, he was doomed for destruction.

Consider this, science is able to predict with more accuracy today, human behavior. Does that necessarily mean men are become pencils in the hands of science? undecided

Science is not able to predict human behavior accurately. In fact, we do not have the measures to accurately study human behavior. What we have are studies that are generalized to human populations.

That is why there are many schools of thoughts in science, and this school of thoughts hardly ever agree.

Science has hardly ever achieved sufficient knowledge on human behavior.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I wasn't made to see it as normal though. Even as an 11-year-old, I instead early, that I had no right to decide, especially where others are concerned, what is abnormal or not. undecided

Hollywood shows you pictures of what exists right in the very society where you claim to live in. Why do you pretend it forces you to accept, this by simply showing you what is, to accept that which you would rather hate in ignorance. The choice is yours whether to contnue to hate or not,these "abnormals". undecided

Great thing the population of the world is not one, and human beings don't react to propaganda the same way. Eg because you don't get lured into drinking alcohol by beer adverts doesn't mean hordes of other people won't fall for the bait.
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Apr 18, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:
Great thing the population of the world is not one, and human beings don't react to propaganda the same way. Eg because you don't get lured into drinking alcohol by beer adverts doesn't mean hordes of other people won't fall for the bait.
Hollywood isn't bait... but entertainment, and those who are entertained are not robbed of their ability to choose what to take away is. undecided

If 10 people watch the same beer Ad and 5 out of 10, after watching to go get a beer, decided to get a drink - none of them first time drinkers mind you- has a crime been committed by the Ad producers? undecided
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Hismasterpiece(m): 9:24pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ishilove:

Or through the smoky haze of Kwale weed.

The guy own just weak me.... I'm really curious to know what church he/she attends
Re: Hollywood Movies: Joshua Mike-Bamiloye Says 'Guard Your Heart Diligently' by Kobojunkie: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ishilove, what has what supposedly took place at Chrisland to do with Hollywood or even Marvel Entertainments abeg? undecided

And my specific comment was that you, like other followers of these pastors and mogs being use to spread their hate-filled agenda, this since Jesus Christ no send anyone to counter Hollywood, Marvel Entertainment or Homosexuals for that matter. You forget that these are some of the same people who Jesus Christ wined and dined with, never once condemning, even as He vehemently judged the Pharisees and Sadducees...the mogs and pastors of His time. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasts Ikhide Ikheloa For Speaking Against The Bible / What Has Life Taught You So Far? / Was The Second Stanza Of National Anthem Made For Such A Time As This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.