Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book (488 Views)

Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy / Harry Potter Book Removed From Library Because They Contain Real Curses & Spells / Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Workch: 8:47am On Apr 17, 2022
A 600 year old man builds an ark made of wood that is sea-worthy.

A virgin bears a child without FERTILIZATION. NO y-chromosome required. She literally did parthenogenesis.

A man lives in a fish, when we obviously do not have a fish large enough to swallow a human whole.

A man walks on water, I don't get it, density doesn't exist?

A man is risen from the dead after 3days, well.

A serpent can speak. This one is the funniest cheesy

These are the kind of things you only read in book of myths and allegories like Harry Potter.

1 Like

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Anieke77(m): 10:17am On Apr 17, 2022
My dear op may God open your eyes
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Workch: 10:25am On Apr 17, 2022
Anieke77:
My dear op may God open your eyes
can you prove that God exist?
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Dtruthspeaker: 10:29am On Apr 17, 2022
Workch:
A 600 year old man builds an ark made of wood that is sea-worthy.....

Did anyone ask your opinion?
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Anieke77(m): 12:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
Workch:
can you prove that God exist?
yes
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by KnownUnknown: 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
I remember back in the day when I really became a skeptic. It was the juxtaposition of the International Space Station (ISS) and the Tower of Babel that did it. I remember just being disgusted with the absurdity of the literal interpretation of that story. Here we have the ISS in orbit around the earth but some people keep teaching that some nomads built a tower that was to reach the heavens and the god got mad and confused their language. So, he got mad at the Tower of Babel but is totally cool with the ISS? WTF kind of drunkard is this god?

After many years I discovered that the tower was probably real,wasn’t that tall, and it’s top reaching the heavens was a metaphor.

Same way I discovered who what the Virgin is, and what “original sin” is. Shit, I even discovered why Jesus was “born in a manger”and why he is the “lamb of god”.

The creators of these stories were beyond clever. Their audience might have been goat herders and farmers but the authors weren’t goat herders or farmers.

P.S. the serpent still exists, so does his seed and the seed of the woman.

1 Like

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by KnownUnknown: 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
Workch:
A

These are the kind of things you only read in book of myths and allegories like Harry Potter.

Because that’s exactly what they are.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Workch: 2:25pm On Apr 17, 2022
Anieke77:
yes
OK, go on
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Elluminated: 3:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
KnownUnknown:
I remember back in the day when I really became a skeptic. It was the juxtaposition of the International Space Station (ISS) and the Tower of Babel that did it. I remember just being disgusted with the absurdity of the literal interpretation of that story. Here we have the ISS in orbit around the earth but some people keep teaching that some nomads built a tower that was to reach the heavens and the god got mad and confused their language. So, he got mad at the Tower of Babel but is totally cool with the ISS? WTF kind of drunkard is this god?

After many years I discovered that the tower was probably real,wasn’t that tall, and it’s top reaching the heavens was a metaphor.

Same way I discovered who what the Virgin is, and what “original sin” is. Shit, I even discovered why Jesus was “born in a manger”and why he is the “lamb of god”.

The creators of these stories were beyond clever. Their audience might have been goat herders and farmers but the authors weren’t goat herders or farmers.

P.S. the serpent still exists, so does his seed and the seed of the woman.
Enlighten me comrade
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Anieke77(m): 6:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
Workch:
OK, go on
he is omnipotent
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Workch: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
Anieke77:
he is omnipotent
how's that evidence?
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
I was once foolish like the op, thinking that I was wise .

Our ancestors never believed that iron can float in the air (aeroplane). Our ancestors never believed that you can speak with someone in another continent with a small toy in your hand ( mobile phones).

That's why I call the op foolish. Calling something impossible just because your foolish brain failed to understand the principles on which such things work is the highest form of foolishness that can be passed to your unborn kids if something is not done .

I wouldn't even try to explain to you how those things you call impossible in the Bible is actually possible. Because your level of reasoning is so low . Brain power low . I can bet that you never came close to the tenth position while in school. You think scientists were able to invent aeroplane,mobile phone ,TV with such level of reasoning like yours ?.

Can you tell me how the speaker in your phone can speak Yoruba , Hausa and youruba ?. Yet you play music without wondering coils of wire inside a box can speak different languages.

Study to be wise . When you are mature enough and ready ,the Holy spirit will teach you the Bible
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kenneth4u205:

Our ancestors never believed that iron can float in the air (aeroplane). Our ancestors never believed that you can speak with someone in another continent with a small toy in your hand ( mobile phones).

That's why I call the op foolish. Calling something impossible just because your foolish brain failed to understand the principles on which such things work is the highest form of foolishness that can be passed to your unborn kids if something is not done .

I wouldn't even try to explain to you how those things you call impossible in the Bible is actually possible. Because your level of reasoning is so low . Brain power low . I can bet that you never came close to the tenth position while in school. You think scientists were able to invent aeroplane,mobile phone ,TV with such level of reasoning like yours ?.

Can you tell me how the speaker in your phone can speak Yoruba , Hausa and youruba ?. Yet you play music without wondering coils of wire inside a box can speak different languages.

Study to be wise . When you are mature enough and ready ,the Holy spirit will teach you the Bible

Your ancestors can’t believe what they don’t know. It’s when they know it that they will decide to believe or not to believe it.

1 Like

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by A001: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
Kenneth4u205:

Ignorant guy! Was any of those machines invented using the Bible? NO.

They're all products of man's ingenuity thanks to science and technology.

No good things are invented with your Bible apart from threats and noises of hell fire, end time.

Your god is useless like the p in psychology.

3 Likes

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
Workch:
A 600 year old man builds an ark made of wood that is sea-worthy.

A virgin bears a child without FERTILIZATION. NO y-chromosome required. She literally did parthenogenesis.

A man lives in a fish, when we obviously do not have a fish large enough to swallow a human whole.

A man walks on water, I don't get it, density doesn't exist?

A man is risen from the dead after 3days, well.

A serpent can speak. This one is the funniest :

You read the Bible with a canal mind. That's your problem.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 8:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

Is that not how everyone reads it which has lead to the hundreds of doctrines we have now, and thousand that will come later?
Which doctrine are you?

1 Like

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
Maynman:

Is that not how everyone reads it which has lead to the hundreds of doctrines we have now, and thousand that will come later?
Which doctrine are you?

Pray let the Holy Spirit direct you and open your spiritual understanding. When the Holy Spirit is involve, all this questions and statements you are making will end.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 8:49pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

Pray let the Holy Spirit direct you and open your spiritual understanding. When the Holy Spirit is involve, all this questions and statements you are making will end.

Holy Spirit yet you belong to a doctrine? Why do you interpret the Bible according to your doctrine? Lucky you, you were brought up in the correct doctrine out of the hundreds that are.

1 Like

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
Maynman:

Holy Spirit yet you belong to a doctrine? Why do you interpret the Bible according to your doctrine? Lucky you you were brought up in the correct doctrine out of the hundreds that are.

Just pray to have an encounter with the Holy Spirit and unnecessary arguments will end.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 8:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

Just pray to have an encounter with the Holy Spirit and unnecessary arguments will end.

Listen to your advice and interpret the Bible according to it not your doctrine.
I asked for your doctrine you ain’t proud to say it lol
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
Maynman:

Listen to your advice and interpret the Bible according to it not your doctrine.

I never mentioned doctrine in my statement. Just do what I said, and you will have peace.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 8:55pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

I never mentioned doctrine in my statement. Just do what I said, and you will have peace.

Where did I say you mentioned doctrine?
As a Christian Don’t you have a doctrine you practice? why are you distancing yourself from it now? You are not proud of the church you go?
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Workch: 8:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

This is the same nonsense you say all the time to defend the ridiculousness

2 Likes

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 9:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
Workch:
This is the same nonsense you say all the time to defend the ridiculousness

Stay there and be deceiving yourself.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
Maynman:

Where did I say you mentioned doctrine?
As a Christian Don’t you have a doctrine you practice? why are you distancing yourself from it now? You are not proud of the church you go?

My comment was base on the statement you made. Don't try to divert.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

My comment was base on the statement you made. Don't try to divert.

I never made such statement, stop lying. I asked a question, what’s your doctrine.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Workch: 9:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

Stay there and be deceiving yourself.
How? I'm not the one believing rubbish with no evidence

2 Likes

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
Workch:
How? I'm not the one believing rubbish with no evidence

If I may ask you, how did you come in to existence? Do you have evidence of how you were formed in your mother's womb or how you came into existence? Can you touch the air you breath in , count or see it? I want you tell me the answers and attach evidence to it.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 9:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

If I may ask you, how did you come in to existence? Do you have evidence of how you were form in your mother's womb or how you came into existence? Can you touch the hair you breath in , count or see it? I want you tell the the answers and attach evidence to it.

I don’t have evidence, but that does not mean I should accept ANY claim without reasoning.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by when2(f): 9:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
Maynman:

I don’t have evidence, but that does not mean I should accept ANY claim without reasoning.

Since you could not answer this few questions, then don't question the existence of a Supreme and Almighty God. Don't take his mercies for granted. Good night.
Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Maynman: 9:23pm On Apr 17, 2022
when2:

Since you could not answer this few questions, then don't question the existence of a Supreme and Almighty God. Don't take his mercies for granted. Good night.

Why shouldn’t I question it, I should just simply believe it right.. why don’t you also simply believe other account of other religion?
I don’t need his mercy, let him give it to over 100 people that die of malaria everyday in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Bible To Me Is Like Reading A Harry Potter Book by Workch: 5:07am On Apr 18, 2022
when2:

If I may ask you, how did you come in to existence? Do you have evidence of how you were formed in your mother's womb or how you came into existence? Can you touch the air you breath in , count or see it? I want you tell me the answers and attach evidence to it.
You are asking silly questions that doesn't give evidence for your God.
Just give me evidence for your God and stop asking me irrelevant questions

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

When God Walked The Earth - Review / Why I Left The White Garment Church / Christians Should Defend Themselves, But Not With Guns- Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.