Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,358 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! (1949 Views)

RCCG GO Pastor Adeboye Lied When He Said About 50% Americans Are Jews. / Satan Lied When He Claimed The Kingdoms Of The World Were His / Frank Edward Kind Of Haircut May Deny Him Heaven - Evangelist Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 2:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Perhaps you would see that Jesus didn't go to heaven till after 43 days. So there's no way he could be with theif in paradise that same day. Paradise is not heaven. Jesus promised the thief eternal life here on new earth.
The day your parent wills a property to you is the day the property becomes yours but it may take years before you enjoy the property. The day you bought a house is the day it becomes yours but you may not pack into the house that day. Was it not the day Jesus made the statement that the thief inherited heaven? Did Jesus say "Today, you are in my paradise"? Jesus said: "Today, you will be...", which means it was on that day that the thief got an approval to enter heaven. What is the lie there?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 2:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
The day your parent wills a property to you is the day the property becomes yours but it may take years before you enjoy the property. The day you bought a house is the day it becomes yours but you may not pack into the house that day. Was it not the day Jesus made the statement that the thief inherited heaven? Did Jesus say "Today, you are in my paradise"? Jesus said: "Today, you will be...", which means it was on that day that the thief got an approval to enter heaven. What is the lie there?

[43]And Jesus replied, “I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

That is how KJV and most Bible translations put it.

You didn't read my post carefully to see my points. I guess you just read the topic and ignore the contents.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 3:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
That is how KJV and most Bible translations put it. You didn't read my post carefully to see my points. I guess you just read the topic and ignore the contents.
Isn't the day you buy a house the day the house becomes yours? Must you pack into the house that day? Jesus gave the thief the approval for the thief to enter heaven after the thief's life on earth. Jesus did not say, "Today, you ARE in paradise". Jesus did not say "Now, you ARE in paradise". Which day marked the thief's inheritance of heaven?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 3:03pm On Apr 17, 2022
In conclusion, everyone that died goes to the grave/hell. No part of him continues to live like most religion teach today. A dead person is same as a dead soul. He has no life in him, he's dead.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Emusan(m): 4:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
In conclusion, everyone that died goes to the grave/hell.

What of people who died in the ocean or fire burnt to ashes?

No part of him continues to live like most religion teach today.

So what will Jehovah resurrect if NO part continue to live?

A dead person is same as a dead soul.

Tautology grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

He has no life in him, he's dead.

Has anyone ever claimed that there's a life in DEAD before cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by tctrills: 4:21pm On Apr 17, 2022

The fact is, Jesus was nowhere but the grave for three days and after God raised him he spent another 40 days on earth before ascension to heaven.

Wrong, Jesus was in the spirit world. 1Peter 3. 18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:

19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Was the comma placed wrongly or was Jesus lying knowing that he won't go to heaven that same day and will be with his disciples 40 days after resurrection? Unfortunately, we don't have the audio records of Christ's words all we have is what the Catholics gave to us as the modern bible and since we all choose to believe it, we shouldn't argue where the comma is.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Emusan(m): 4:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Luke 23:42-43
[42]Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

The fact is, Jesus was nowhere but the grave for three days and after God raised him he spent another 40 days on earth before ascension to heaven.

Were you inside the grave with Him cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Was the comma placed wrongly or was Jesus lying knowing that he won't go to heaven that same day and will be with his disciples 40 days after resurrection?

The comma was place in the right place by majority of Bible translations and Jesus wasn't lying because He can't lie. It's you who is making Jesus a liar.

The comma should really be placed before "today" to make that verse coherent.

“I assure you today, you will be with me in paradise.”

The lie from the 8 lying old men infused in your dull skull donated to them by you.

Paradise is not the same as heaven. The paradise Jesus meant here is the new earth.

Lying liar just because you've donated your brain doesn't mean you shouldn't try to use it sometimes.

2 Corinthians 12:4 4 who was caught away into paradise and heard words that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say. NWT

Is Paradise here heaven or earth?

If Jesus wanted to say heaven, he would have said heaven.

Peace.

Jesus used Paradise which means heaven, you can show us the scripture where Paradise = Earth without your own conjecture.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Janosky: 4:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
Emusan:

The comma was place in the right place by majority of Bible translations and Jesus wasn't lying because He can't lie. It's you who is making Jesus a liar.

The lie from the 8 lying old men infused in your dull skull donated to them by you.

Lying liar just because you've donated your brain doesn't mean you shouldn't try to use it sometimes.

2 Corinthians 12:4 4 who was caught away into paradise and heard words that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say. NWT

Jesus used Paradise which means heaven, you can show us the scripture where Paradise = Earth without your own conjecture.

Your Trinity mentors confirmed that they do not understand 2 Corinthians 12:4 and "Paradise " meaning 'Eden' & by their admission, everything about Paradise is in the earthly realm.
"Paradise is 'park','Eden'.
Which Eden dey for heaven?
The one wet Emusan plant for him mind. grin

Oga,stop confusing yourself.

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Emusan(m): 4:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
Janosky:
Your Trinity mentors confirmed that they do not understand 2 Corinthians 12:4 and "Paradise " meaning 'Eden' & by their admission, everything about Paradise is in the earthly realm.

Oga,stop confusing yourself.

The Mr run around has started

So People are already living in Eden for Paul to say the person "...HEARD WORDS that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say"

JaNosense talk another thing cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Janosky: 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
Emusan:

The Mr run around has started

So People are already living in Eden for Paul to say the person "...HEARD WORDS that cannot be spoken and that are not lawful for a man to say"
JaNosense talk another thing cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

Paul saw a vision.
Confused Lienus. grin
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Emusan(m): 5:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
Janosky:
Paul saw a vision.
Confused Lienus. grin

Yet Paul was on earth when the said person was CAUGHT UP INTO PARADISE grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Hundredfold4lif(m): 7:17pm On Apr 17, 2022
Very useless assumption from an empty soul!
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by BestLife22(m): 10:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
Saudi Arabia is not just an Islamic country like everyone thinks. There are a lot of majestic sights to explore in this beautiful city of Riyadh��
Let's give you a tour of Riyadh in Saudi Arabia during Ramadan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK97jmN9t8o

Just take a look at the drift before and after iftar��
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2022
Emusan:

Okay show me where the Bible says that paradise is heaven.
If the comma is before today, your translation portrays Jesus as a liar cos he never went to heaven that day.
He was dead in the grave for three days and later spent 40 days on earth after God raised him up before he ascended into heaven.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 10:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
Emusan:

What of people who died in the ocean or fire burnt to ashes?
So what will Jehovah resurrect if NO part continue to live?
Tautology grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Has anyone ever claimed that there's a life in DEAD before cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Are you also here to catch fun like your comrades?

Whether you were given a proper burial or died in an ocean or burnt to ashes, death is death. Your automatically in your grave.
But God has the power to raise you up with a perfect new body in the future.

When God say the wicked will die, he really mean it. They won't continue to live in any imaginary hell fire like religion says today.

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Ken4Christ: 10:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Luke 23:42-43
[42]Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.”

Was the comma placed wrongly or was Jesus lying knowing that he won't go to heaven that same day and will be with his disciples 40 days after resurrection?

The comma should really be placed before "today" to make that verse coherent.

“I assure you today, you will be with me in paradise.”

Paradise is not the same as heaven. The paradise Jesus meant here is the new earth.
If Jesus wanted to say heaven, he would have said heaven.

Peace.

Jesus did not lie. Paradise was Abraham's bosom. And the thief went there that day. But after the resurrection of Jesus, all that were in Abraham's bosom were resurrected and went to heaven with Jesus when he ascended.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 11:04pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Jesus did not lie. Paradise was Abraham's bosom. And the thief went there that day. But after the resurrection of Jesus, all that were in Abraham's bosom were resurrected and went to heaven with Jesus when he ascended.

Sorry Abraham Bossom was just used in the parable. That's not paradise.

The Bible didn't say that they resurrected and ascended to heaven with Jesus. Pls don't add to the Bible.

Jesus didn't actually lie. But when the comma is place before today:
"I assure you, today you'll be with me in paradise"...it makes it seem Jesus was lying.

When the comma is rightly placed after today:
"I assure you today, you'll be with me in paradise"...then it makes sense cos Jesus was referring to the new world. What he promised the thief is that he will be resurrected together with the righteous and live forever in the new world.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Ken4Christ: 11:08pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

Sorry Abraham Bossom was just used in the parable. That's not paradise.

The Bible didn't say that they resurrected and ascended to heaven with Jesus. Pls don't add to the Bible.

Jesus didn't actually lie. But when the comma is place before today:
"I assure you, today you'll be with me in paradise"...it makes it seem Jesus was lying.

When the comma is rightly placed after today:
"I assure you today, you'll be with me in paradise"...then it makes sense cos Jesus was referring to the new world. What he promised the thief is that he will be resurrected together with the righteous and live forever in the new world.

So, where did the soul of the man went to that very day he died? Don't tell me he was just floating in the thin air.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 11:11pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
Isn't the day you buy a house the day the house becomes yours? Must you pack into the house that day? Jesus gave the thief the approval for the thief to enter heaven after the thief's life on earth. Jesus did not say, "Today, you ARE in paradise". Jesus did not say "Now, you ARE in paradise". Which day marked the thief's inheritance of heaven?

Is there difference between:
a). "I assure you, today you'll be with me in paradise"
and
b). "I assure you today, you'll be with me in paradise"?

How can we be sure that paradise is same as heaven?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ken4Christ:

So, where did the soul of the man went to that very day he died? Don't tell me he was just floating in the thin air.

Since the breath of life from God left him, he remained a dead soul bro.

When Lazarus Jesus's friend was dead, he remained dead for 4 days till Jesus gave him life through God's power.

Was Lazarus anywhere except the grave before Jesus raised him?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 11:28pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Is there difference between:
a). "I assure you, today you'll be with me in paradise"
and
b). "I assure you today, you'll be with me in paradise"?

How can we be sure that paradise is same as heaven?
You typed exactly the same thing as your A and your B questions. The only thing you changed is the position of comma. Check if you made a typographical error.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 11:31pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
You typed exactly the same thing as your A and your B questions. The only thing you changed is the position of comma. Check if you made a typographical error.
Didn't the placement of the comma change the meaning of the verse?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 11:36pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:
Didn't the placement of the comma change the meaning of the verse?
The B question is senseless if the comma where it is.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
The B question is senseless if the comma where it is.
No it's not.
The A is actually senseless and incoherent.

Jesus didnt go to any paradise that same day but the grave or hell.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 11:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
cornelboy:

No it's not.
The A is actually senseless and incoherent.

Jesus didnt go to any paradise that same day but the grave or hell.
I am sorry for my mistake. I have looked at the questions again. Each of them is correct. My own question now is, which of those statement did Jesus use? Between A and B, which one did Jesus use?
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 11:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
immortalcrown:
I am sorry for my mistake. I have looked at the questions again. Each of them is correct. My own question now is, which of those statement did Jesus use? Between A and B, which one did Jesus use?

The early manuscripts of the Bible didn't have punctuation marks. It was later that punctuation marks were introduced into the Bible by Bible translators.

In that particular verse we are discussing, the comma was actually placed wrongly before today.
"I assure you, today you'll be with me in paradise".

Jesus didn't go to paradise that same day but was in the grave and even after resurrection, he spent another 40 days on earth with the disciples before going to heaven/paradise (let's say paradise is same as heaven)

Only the NWT Bible of the Jehovah witnesses put the comma after today. It only makes sense this way.

"I assure you today, you'll be with me in paradise".

It means that Jesus was giving the thief future hope that he will be raised up in the future and live forever in the new world that will be ruled by Jesus the King.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 12:00am On Apr 18, 2022
cornelboy:

The early manuscripts of the Bible didn't have punctuation marks. It was later that punctuation marks were introduced into the Bible by Bible translators.

In that particular verse we are discussing, the comma was actually placed wrongly before today.
"I assure you, today you'll be with me in paradise".

Jesus didn't go to paradise that same day but was in the grave and even after resurrection, he spent another 40 days on earth with the disciples before going to heaven/paradise (let's say paradise is same as heaven)

Only the NWT Bible of the Jehovah witnesses put the comma after today. It only makes sense this way.

"I assure you today, you'll be with me in paradise".

It means that Jesus was giving the thief future hope that he will be raised up in the future and live forever in the new world that will be ruled by Jesus the King.
Instead of you to say various Bible translations have errors, you claim Jesus lied to the thief.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 12:02am On Apr 18, 2022
immortalcrown:
Instead of you to say various Bible translations have errors, you claim Jesus lied to the thief.
Sorry bro. Jesus didnt actually lie. It was error that the translators made.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by immortalcrown(m): 12:03am On Apr 18, 2022
cornelboy:
Sorry bro. Jesus didnt actually lie. It was error that the translators made.
I began to argue with you because your post says Jesus lied to the thief.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by cornelboy(f): 12:09am On Apr 18, 2022
immortalcrown:
I began to argue with you because your post says Jesus lied to the thief.
That's why I reiterate that you should read my post from the first post carefully and focus on the contents not the topic.

Most Christians don't want to accept the JWs view on that verse. But only the JWs interpretation is coherent.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by Ken4Christ: 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2022
cornelboy:

Since the breath of life from God left him, he remained a dead soul bro.

When Lazarus Jesus's friend was dead, he remained dead for 4 days till Jesus gave him life through God's power.

Was Lazarus anywhere except the grave before Jesus raised him?

The dead are conscious. If they are not, how did Jesus got the keys of hell and death from Satan? Revelation 1:18

How did he descended to the lowest part of the earth? Ephesians 4:9

How did he go to preach to spirits in prisons? - 1st Peter 3:19.
Re: Jesus Lied When He Promised The Thief Beside Him Heaven! by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:03pm On Apr 18, 2022
Ken4Christ:

The dead are conscious. If they are not, how did Jesus got the keys of hell and death from Satan? Revelation 1:18
How did he descended to the lowest part of the earth? Ephesians 4:9
How did he go to preach to spirits in prisons? - 1st Peter 3:19.

@ The dead aren't conscious {Ecclesiastes 9:5-6} Jesus got all authority from God nothing he got from devil perhaps your pastors fabricated that.

@ The earth is the lower art Jesus descended to! John 8:23

@ Those are demons {2Peter 2:4} they never tasted death (non-existence) since they were created. So for Jesus the first born of all creation to die as in didn't exist anywhere for three days is like a preaching to them that their destruction is imminent!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Key Fact About What Happened When We Die / Ramadan Vs Ulcer :: Which Would U Choose / Door To Hell? Giant Hole In The Desert On Fire For Over 40 Years (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.