Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,292 members, 7,822,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! (1901 Views)

See The Borehole I Am Doing For My Uncle...a Relief Indeed! / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by 42neforivan: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2022
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by HarunaWest(m): 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2022
Just look at the thrash an undergraduate composed...mtscheeew.

19 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by adontcare(f): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2022
Rubbish post

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by JovialJune(f): 5:52pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ignore the educated illiterates above dear, while at it, try and modify your posts with the appropriate paragraphs, commas and full stops where necessary,

@thread, personally I don't see the "pls" as anything, he is just being polite to you and your mum.

7 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by vibre: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
I don't see anything wrong with his response, Some people add please to the end of their comments as a polite way of talking to others.

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by 42neforivan: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
You guys do realize that you could have just pass right?!
Without having to be seemingly rude

For heaven sake I'm an undergraduate and so what!!!
Does it do any Good to you in whatsoever way?
Abegggggg
I asked for an advise if you can't give it why don't you just keep your insults to yourselves .....fools!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by falcon01: 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2022
HarunaWest:
See the thrash an undergraduate composed...mtscheeew.
grin
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by dacblogger: 6:18pm On Apr 17, 2022
Lolz... Na money dey insult person Sha...
May God help us . cheesy
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by 42neforivan: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ohhhhh ok, I never thought about that... thanks anyway
vibre:
I don't see anything wrong with his response, Some people add please to the end of their comments as a polite way of talking to others.
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Richy4(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2022

I don't know how best to say this embarassed embarassed embarassed
He sees you guys as parasites...For him, Every good morning from you guys reeks of financial help... It's about time you start asking your dad for assistance/ financial help... It's not when the bride price comes that u will see him appear from nowhere....

That man wanted your mum to go back to your dad so that you guys will not be a burden to him and his family... The handwriting is clearly written on the Marble.. it's not hard to decode.. smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by 42neforivan: 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2022
JovialJune:
Ignore the educated illiterates above dear, while at it, try and modify your posts with the appropriate paragraphs, commas and full stops where necessary,@thread, personally I don't see the "pls" as anything, he is just being polite to you and your mum.
I intended doing that but, after typing I couldn't scroll back up. I'm new here the cursor thing wasn't going beyond what I could see (what was on the screen).

I planned to finish typing first and then go back to the top to read what I typed to correct the typos and all that but couldn't apparently.

Annnnnd thanks for your opinion about topic (soothing)'''''':
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by GoldenJAT(m): 7:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
JovialJune:
Ignore the educated illiterates above dear, while at it, try and modify your posts with the appropriate paragraphs, commas and full stops where necessary,

@thread, personally I don't see the "pls" as anything, he is just being polite to you and your mum.
Be sincere!! What she typed!! Was it okay?

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by 42neforivan: 7:51pm On Apr 17, 2022
GoldenJAT:
Be sincere!! What she typed!! Was it okay?
typo oga typo gerrit!!!!

.....ugh
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Samakus(m): 8:15pm On Apr 17, 2022
42neforivan:
You guys do realize that you could have just pass right?!
Without having to be seemingly rude

For heaven sake I'm an undergraduate and so what!!!
Does it do any Good to you in whatsoever way?
Abegggggg
I asked for an advise if you can't give it why don't you just keep your insults to yourselves .....fools!!!!

Take corrections ma. Ignore the tone.

I hate to see people feel offended when they're corrected. Take the damn corrections and you will learn and improve. You're an undergraduate and that's the more reason why you should even take the corrections

To your post.. there's nothing wrong with your uncle's response. It's not easy to train another person's child in school. It may be inconveniencing him financially but you may not know. Expect occasional moody replies from him but don't take it to heart.

My uncle saw me through school too so I'm talking from experience. Be grateful all the time. Occasionally, send goodwill messages. Tell your mum to also send goodwill messages occasionally. It's an act of appreciation and it will go a long way in encouraging him. No matter how rich we think that people are, they have their battles they're fighting which we may not know. I have come to appreciate what my uncle did for me. Some parents can't even send their children to school and another man is doing that for you. Gratitude dear, gratitude always

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by HeavenVGate: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2022
42neforivan:
Ok I'd have to start from the very beginning my parents have been long separated since I was six though they are not together but still single in their own ways whatever
My mom took care of her younger sister before she(my aunt)got married and expects her to do thesame now that she's married and at least well to do
My aunt's husband on the other hand has been advising my mom to get back with my dad but unfortunately my mom won't for reasons I can't share I'm sorry
It's been years tho
Before I got into the University my mom pleased with my aunt's husband to sponsor me in the University which he complied to again I started staying with them my mom wanted that in her words so I'll learn from my aunt who happens to be a house wife,she also didn't want me to be alone being that my siblings were in a Borden school

Sooo while I was still in School I needed money and asked my mom,butttt she referred me to my aunt's husband whom I sent a message to(I always feel weird about asking relatives for money or anything like that)
The content of the messages was ok cos I spelt out what I intended to use the money for while I was expecting to get a response about it I began to hear that I was meant to send the messages to "uncle" and it doesn't necessarily have to have his name on it I apologized for that but still didn't get to money A
round the beginning of this year my mom sent a happy new year message his reply was "thank you and wish you same pls" when my mom told me about it I laughed at her and just told myself 'when you don't want to succumb to his advice what do you expect'
I was also happy he didn't reply that way to me but just today omohhhh

It was even with abeg my mom said send happy Easter messages nau since it was as if quarrel will start I said ok and sent it o jejely
His reply was
thank you fortune and wish you same pls
Guys what do you think I did again my heart de beat laidis cry kiss

Can you please use your native language to tell us so that we may understand you?

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Rexymania(m): 9:57pm On Apr 17, 2022
Goan rest... You still have a long way to go in life

1 Like

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by thinksquad(m): 10:42pm On Apr 17, 2022
Uncle Don Taya, too much billing, its like you're afraid of telling yourself the truth. Find something to do na, or ask your dadt.❤❤❤

2 Likes

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Elitefosa: 12:18am On Apr 18, 2022
42neforivan:

I'd have to start from the very beginning.
My parents have been separated since I was six! Both are still unmarried.

My mom took care of her younger sister before she (my aunt) got married. Now that she's married and well to do, my mum expects her to do the same (take care of me).

My aunt's husband on the other hand, has been advising my mum to reconcile with my dad, but my mum does not buy the idea for personal reasons I can't share here. (Pardon me)

Prior to my admission into the university, my mum pleaded with my aunt's husband to help in sponsoring me in the University, to which he complied. I started staying with them about this time too. In her own words, she (my mum) 'wanted me to learn' from my aunt, who happens to be a house wife, as she also didn't want me to be alone (my siblings were in a Bording school).

While I was still in School, I needed money and asked my mum, but she referred me to my aunt's husband, to whom I sent a message (I always feel weird asking relatives for money or favors).

The content of the message(s) was alright, because I spelt out what I intended to use the money for.

While I was expecting a response from my uncle as regards the message I sent him, I began to hear that I was meant to send the messages to "uncle" and it doesn't necessarily have to have his name on it.

I apologized for that but still didn't get the money. Around the beginning of this year, my mum sent a' happy new year' message to him and his reply was "thank you and wish you same pls."

When my mum told me about it, I laughed at her and told myself that 'when you don't want to succumb to his advice, what do you expect?'

I was also happy he didn't reply me that way, but just today sighs! My mom said, send happy Easter message. To make her feel happy (or to avert quarrel), I said ok and sent it o!

His reply was, 'thank you Fortune and wish you same please.'

Guys, please what do you think I did wrong this time?
My heart dey beat laidis cry kiss

I made all the above "corrections" to aid readability. Don't come at me.

To Fortune, don't attach too much meaning to his reply... Focus rather on his actions and body language...

Las las you go dey alright.

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Double0h7(f): 1:42am On Apr 18, 2022
If only I understood your story then I could help you.
Can someone tell me what the problem is
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by jimmyolasun: 5:10am On Apr 18, 2022
See as this one just pack words together...

Story for the cocks and bulls

Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Richy4(m): 5:50am On Apr 18, 2022
Double0h7:
If only I understood your story then I could help you.
Can someone tell me what the problem is

<< Her mother was separated from her dad when she was young...( She doesn't want to disclose Why)
<< Her mother trained her aunt who later married a rich man ( the uncle)
<< Since the mother was separated and have no form of income, she expects the lady she trained to reciprocate the kind gesture and train her daughter in school..( the Aunt and the husband accepted to train OP since they are welloff)
<< The uncle have advised OP's mum to reconcile with her husband and she ignored the advice...
<<Now OP sent a message of Goodwill yesterday to the uncle and the Uncle replied with "Pls"
<< She's asking u what you think about the reply from the Uncle... cool
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by prinx55555(m): 7:47am On Apr 18, 2022
Richy4:

I don't know how best to say this embarassed embarassed embarassed
He sees you guys as parasites...For him, Every good morning from you guys reeks of financial help... It's about time you start asking your dad for assistance/ financial help... It's not when the bride price comes that u will see him appear from nowhere....

That man wanted your mum to go back to your dad so that you guys will not be a burden to him and his family... The handwriting is clearly written on the Marble.. it's not hard to decode.. smiley
Nope, he doesn't see them as parasite, at least his response didn't say that.
The said man is probably a Yoruba man who was trying to express politeness.
''jor" which means "please" is a very common locution peculiar to the Yoruba tribe.
"Eshe jor" "Thank you please".
"Ekaabo jor" "Welcome please".
"Ewa jeun jor" "come and eat please".
It doesn't denote anger or displeasure, it's a normal thing. "Jor and jare".
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Richy4(m): 7:53am On Apr 18, 2022
prinx55555:

Nope, he doesn't see them as parasite, at least his response didn't say that.
The said man is probably a Yoruba man who was trying to express politeness.
''jor" which means "please" is a very common locution peculiar to the Yoruba tribe.
"Eshe jor" "Thank you please".
"Ekaabo jor" "Welcome please".
"Ewa jeun jor" "come and eat please".
It doesn't denote anger or displeasure, it's a normal thing. "Jor and jare".

Oh!! My bad... I have no idea it was a tribal thing honestly..

I can just imagine a friend or relative that I love sending me "Pls" after constructing a heart felt warm Easter or Christmas greetings.. Na madness dey disturb am?-
Re: My Uncle Replied With "Pls" To My Happy Easter Message!! by Double0h7(f): 9:02am On Apr 18, 2022
Richy4:

<< Her mother was separated from her dad when she was young...( She doesn't want to disclose Why)
<< Her mother trained her aunt who later married a rich man ( the uncle)
<< Since the mother was separated and have no form of income, she expects the lady she trained to reciprocate the kind gesture and train her daughter in school..( the Aunt and the husband accepted to train OP since they are welloff)
<< The uncle have advised OP's mum to reconcile with her husband and she ignored the advice...
<<Now OP sent a message of Goodwill yesterday to the uncle and the Uncle replied with "Pls"
<< She's asking u what you think about the reply from the Uncle... cool

Thank you smiley

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Saw Your Cousin Who Died 6 Years Ago / Don't Show Her Too Much Love Cos She Might Disrespect You: / Pictures Of The Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.