Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Which Is The Best Football Team Ever - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Which Is The Best Football Team Ever (1266 Views)

Is This The Best Super Falcons Team Ever? / 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by cutecommend: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2022
Please can someone prove the best football team ever.

(1) Chelsea under Mourinho, Drogba, Lampard.

(2) Arsenal under Arsene Winger.

(3) Manchester united under Ferguson and Ronaldo.

(4) Real Madrid under Zidane and Ronaldo.

(5) Barcelona under Guardiola, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta

(6) AC Milan under Ancelloti, Shekchenko

(7) Liverpool under Klopp

I choose Barcelona under Guardiola,Messi, Xavi, Iniesta

Choose or add yours
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Mbataku96(m): 6:50pm On Apr 17, 2022
Chelsea under Mourinho, Drogba, Lampard.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by thesicilian: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2022
What's the point? Everyone will come here to nominate their teams. Even Man U fans self will still come and say it's their team
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Nobody: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2022
The 1996 olympic team which had ronaldo and rivaldo ....
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
The 1996 brazilian olympic team which had ronaldo and rivaldo ....
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2022
Nigeria under Eguavon

WTF man!!

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Ecos(m): 7:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
Barcelona under Guadiola, Messi ,Xavi and Iniesta. These guys were terror. They were busy flogging and terrorizing every clubcry cry

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by uthlaw: 10:45pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ecos:
Barcelona under Guadiola, Messi ,Xavi and Iniesta. These guys were terror. They were busy flogging and terrorizing every clubcry cry
I go with this...trash every team in Europe,go win the world cup which only exclude Messi!

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by paulolee(m): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
its surely barca under pep bcoz dey dominated all team n won most trophies in a short period of time..
won Ferguson united twice in d finals with n without cr7..
haters know this bt sentiments for dier club n hate for pep wont make DM agree...
that squad was the best team in club football dt av seen since the past 3 decades..
city are cloeer bt pep dominated the whole of europe till d extent dt spainish team was flooded by 90% of barca players....#respect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by paulolee(m): 11:01pm On Apr 17, 2022
Ecos:
swears man....dt team was d best ever....having messi, xavi n iniesta on dier prime was a blessing to pep..
barca hardly lose or draw games, dey were doing come backs asif its easy, if them tell me say barca go drop to this current state of losing at home to Frankfurt , I no go believe am

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Ecos(m): 5:53am On Apr 18, 2022
paulolee:

swears man....dt team was d best ever....having messi, xavi n iniesta on dier prime was a blessing to pep..
barca hardly lose or draw games, dey were doing come backs asif its easy, if them tell me say barca go drop to this current state of losing at home to Frankfurt , I no go believe am
Nothing last forever my friend. That's life for you. I really missed that era aswear

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by rolams(m): 6:52am On Apr 18, 2022
Ecos:

Except Liverpool
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Olumidesalam0(m): 3:34pm On Apr 18, 2022
Arsenal is the best
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by cutecommend: 11:54am On Apr 22, 2022
Olumidesalam0:
Arsenal is the best
What of Barca?
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by cutecommend: 2:31pm On May 08, 2022
cutecommend:
What of Barca?
Barca was too much then..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 09, 2022
Surely Barca under Guardiorla. Even opposition fans admire them!

Who Is Todd Boehly? The New Owner Of Chelsea
https://www.footballorbit.com/who-todd-boehly-new-chelsea-owner/#more
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by OlawaleBammie: 9:23am On May 10, 2022
I am a chronic real Madrid fan but Barcelona under pep were something else, they were not a team, they were spirits.
Dey didn't play football like football, dey played football like draft/drought
How they won only 2 champion league in those four years is still a mystery, kudos to intermilan dat dropped dem in 2010 and Chelsea in 2012. And Madrid that won the league in 2012

Thank goodness they are the shadow of themselves now, na to dey use dem collect Liga de espana and copa del Rey remain grin

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Kingcalls: 9:56am On May 10, 2022
How come real madrid under zidane and Ronaldo is not there....they did what has never happened in champions league history..no one has even done back to back let alone back to back to back ... thats the greatest champions league team since it was re created in 1992 .... the only reason they dint make it 5 in a row or even 6 is because Ronaldo and Zidane left after the 3rd straight title ....
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Kingcalls: 9:57am On May 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
I am a chronic real Madrid fan but Barcelona under pep were something else, they were not a team, they were spirits.
Dey didn't play football like football, dey played football like draft/drought
How they won only 2 champion league in those four years is still a mystery, kudos to intermilan dat dropped dem in 2010 and Chelsea in 2012. And Madrid that won the league in 2012

Thank goodness they are the shadow of themselves now, na to dey use dem collect Liga de espana and copa del Rey remain grin

Most of u guys underestimate that real madrid 2016 to 2018
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by OlawaleBammie: 10:09am On May 10, 2022
Kingcalls:

Most of u guys underestimate that real madrid 2016 to 2018

No no no, i have never underestimated my team, i know what we re capable of.

But u see that era of Barcelona eehn, they are irreplaceable sir. Truly they are my sworn enemy but that would deter me from saying the truth. They were brimstones.

Madrid of 2014 to 2016 were good but not as invincible as that of Barcelona of 2008/2009 to 2014/2015 sir.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Kingcalls: 11:14am On May 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

No no no, i have never underestimated my team, i know what we re capable of.

But u see that era of Barcelona eehn, they are irreplaceable sir. Truly they are my sworn enemy but that would deter me from saying the truth. They were brimstones.

Madrid of 2014 to 2016 were good but not as invincible as that of Barcelona of 2008/2009 to 2014/2015 sir.

Zidanes Madrid was actually better than the barca of 2009 , 2011 and 2015... how many big teams were sound as of 2009 to 2011... Madrid were rebuilding, bayern were also rebuilding, Milan were gone , Manchester were struggling without Ronaldo, Liverpool ,psg and City were not a force , Juventus was busy in Europa, Chelsea were also struggling, arsenal were never reliable ...and even at that, barca cudnt win back to back ... madrid had emergence of atletico to contend with, bayern and Lewandowski, peps city,
klopps Liverpool, a forceful Juventus, a new PSG , and they still won it back to back to back ...2011 barca can't defeat 2017 Madrid...
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by OlawaleBammie: 12:05pm On May 10, 2022
Kingcalls:

Zidanes Madrid was actually better than the barca of 2009 , 2011 and 2015... how many big teams were sound as of 2009 to 2011... Madrid were rebuilding, bayern were also rebuilding, Milan were gone , Manchester were struggling without Ronaldo, Liverpool ,psg and City were not a force , Juventus was busy in Europa, Chelsea were also struggling, arsenal were never reliable ...and even at that, barca cudnt win back to back ... madrid had emergence of atletico to contend with, bayern and Lewandowski, peps city,
klopps Liverpool, a forceful Juventus, a new PSG , and they still won it back to back to back ...2011 barca can't defeat 2017 Madrid...
oga forget jareeee, i dont like this kind of argument.

Who were building lets hear??

Madrid won laliga in 2008, and they were building in 2009?? Ok ooh

-Intermilan were dominating the serie A
-Dortmund won the bundesliga back to back
-Bayern reached the 2010 champions League final
-United won the premiership in 2009 and reached the finals of champions League in 2009 and 2011
-madrid won the league with 100 points in 2012
-chelsea won the league in 2010( infact na double dem win)
-AC Milan won scudetto in 2011 sir

The teams u can make an argument for are
1) Liverpool who started declining after Rafa benitex left in 2010 or so
2) juventus that were rebuilding and it started paying off for dem immediately from 2011
3) mancity who was also rebuilding under Manuel pelegrini and roberto Mancini before they could win the league in 2012
4) Atletico madrid u just started being a team under the young diego simeone who was appointed in 2009

Dont discredit wat barca did in those years out of hatred sir, they were arguably the best. I have bn supporting madrid since 2009 and i know how it went den. Not that madrid was not good, just that barca were extraordinary which made madrid to wanted to up their game.
By 2010 madrdi sighed Ozil, Ronaldo and benzima and kaka in 2009 with huge monies. If not for barca immediately upgrade, madrid would not have gone haywire in the transfer market.
Wen madrid signed those players and hired mouriho in 2010 den the elclassico was reawaken. The quality of barca and madrid was wat made spain to win the 2010 world cup and euro 2012 against Italy.

My friend, let admit it, barca were ahead of everyone in those years, reason everybody wanted to beat them. Tho i cant rule out some favourable officiating which went their ways .

Paulolee say something grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Kingcalls: 12:46pm On May 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

-United won the premiership in 2009 and reached the finals of champions League in 2009 and 2011

2) juventus that were rebuilding and it started paying off for dem immediately from 2011
3) mancity who was also rebuilding under Manuel pelegrini and roberto Mancini before they could win the league in 2012
4) Atletico madrid u just started being a team under the young diego simeone who was appointed in 2009

Dont discredit wat barca did in those years out of hatred sir, they were arguably the best. I have bn supporting madrid since 2009 and i know how it went den. Not that madrid was not good, just that barca were extraordinary which made madrid to wanted to up their game.
By 2010 madrdi sighed Ozil, Ronaldo and benzima and kaka in 2009 with huge monies. If not for barca immediately upgrade, madrid would not have gone haywire in the transfer market.
Wen madrid signed those players and hired mouriho in 2010 den the elclassico was reawaken. The quality of barca and madrid was wat made spain to win the 2010 world cup and euro 2012 against Italy.

My friend, let admit it, barca were ahead of everyone in those years, reason everybody wanted to beat them. Tho i cant rule out some favourable officiating which went their ways .

I started supporting real madrid in 1997... winning league titles is different from winning the champions league... City won the league in 2012 , but were below standard of champions league... bayern were not consistent... inter were not consistent as well... Barcelona was the only consistent team in champions league from 09 to 2015, Madrid started gaining ground in the champions league in 2012... bayern were like juve of 2015 to 2018... they were trying to win the champions league.... no Italian team was consistent... from.206 ton2018 ... Atletico, bayern juve , city were consistent and then Liverpool and psg joined... I have been following the champions league since 1997...
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by OlawaleBammie: 1:24pm On May 10, 2022
Kingcalls:

I started supporting real madrid in 1997... winning league titles is different from winning the champions league... City won the league in 2012 , but were below standard of champions league... bayern were not consistent... inter were not consistent as well... Barcelona was the only consistent team in champions league from 09 to 2015, Madrid started gaining ground in the champions league in 2012... bayern were like juve of 2015 to 2018... they were trying to win the champions league.... no Italian team was consistent... from.206 ton2018 ... Atletico, bayern juve , city were consistent and then Liverpool and psg joined... I have been following the champions league since 1997...
inter Milan were not consistent but dey won the league in 2007, 2008, 2009 and won the treble in 2010?? Ok ooh

What about Milan, what about the ground madrid gained in 2008( beating this same barca home and away in the league), what about Manchester united who won the league in 2007, 08, 09, 11, and 13..they were not consistent as well abi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Kingcalls: 1:46pm On May 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
inter Milan were not consistent but dey won the league in 2007, 2008, 2009 and won the treble in 2010?? Ok ooh

What about Milan, what about the ground madrid gained in 2008( beating this same barca home and away in the league), what about Manchester united who won the league in 2007, 08, 09, 11, and 13..they were not consistent as well abi

I cant b arguing with someone that just started watching football in 2009... hv a good day
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by OlawaleBammie: 1:49pm On May 10, 2022
Kingcalls:

I cant b arguing with someone that just started watching football in 2009... hv a good day
well, i did not start watching ball in 2009, i started in 2005 sir grin grin and in accordance with the flow, i am experienced.

U cant tell me barca of 2009 to 2015 were good just because all other teams were poor and rebuilding sir.

Other teams were good but barca was something else.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by paulolee(m): 2:02pm On May 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

gee leave dt guy, e no de ever see anything good in barca or messi, i stopped reading wen he said zidan Madrid were better than barca, d same barca dt won games n trophies easily, barca dt jus finished winning all trophies in dt same 2009, zidane madrid were soo good n dey didnt win the league or all trophies in dier peak years but barca did it 3 times n him de blame weakness of other teams.
but wen zidane won UCL 4 times, all other teams were very strong....e jus de shift table
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by paulolee(m): 2:07pm On May 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
well, i did not start watching ball in 2009, i started in 2005 sir grin grin and in accordance with the flow, i am experienced.

U cant tell me barca of 2009 to 2015 were good just because all other teams were poor and rebuilding sir.

I swear, the talk no even make sense....if madrid win the UCL this season, he would say dey are the best team in Europe bt if Liverpool win, he would say its bcox d rest teams were weak....very childish way of hypocrisy..

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Great100000: 2:36pm On May 10, 2022
As a Chelsea fan, I will surely go for Guardiola Barcelona....

To me Barcelona under Guardiola is the greatest and best football ever.

Barca then will give you as an opponent to play like 5 minutes to show yourself, but after that 5 minutes then Barca will start from there and play you till 90 minutes finish and even score you plenty Goals.

I remembered when Hercules beat dem 2-0 then, I even can't believe it that any Team can beat Barcelona, mind you am a Chelsea fan but also supporting Real Madrid in Spain.

(5) Barcelona under Guardiola, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by Kingcalls: 2:38pm On May 10, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

Do u honestly think that barca of that year will easily win champions league have have the type of teams we have these days... even arsenal were doing so well as of that time , but they cud only make champions league once in the past 8 yrs ... champions league that was a regular for them... its more difficult now than when barca dominated

Those days that top scorer cudnt pass 10 goals...
Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by OlawaleBammie: 4:05pm On May 10, 2022
Kingcalls:

Do u honestly think that barca of that year will easily win champions league have have the type of teams we have these days... even arsenal were doing so well as of that time , but they cud only make champions league once in the past 8 yrs ... champions league that was a regular for them... its more difficult now than when barca dominated

Those days that top scorer cudnt pass 10 goals...
bro see, champions league is a different league entirely sir, its so different from local leagues where the dominant teams would always win.

Champions League is a one-off show and that is the reason Chelsea won it in 2012, Ac Milan in 2007, a mediocre Liverpool that even finished fifth in the league won it in 2005

If champions League were to be played like a normal league matches ni, all these teams wouldn't have won it in those years.
So in my own view, champions League is a game of tacticians while the league is a game of consistency.

What i am saying in essence is that how barca played football in those years would be hard to replicate, even by Barcelona themselves. Truly u can not always, so no team has the antidote of defeat, but what u did in ur haydays counts.

In three years Barcelona won a whopping 13 trophies, pls how many teams had don dat in our dispensation??

Within four years(09-12) barca won three liga titles and 2 champion league while madrid won three champions League and 1 liga titles sir.

Madrid is good and will always be good, even more than barca but barca of those years were exceptional sir.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Football Team Ever by OlawaleBammie: 4:06pm On May 10, 2022
paulolee:

I swear, the talk no even make sense....if madrid win the UCL this season, he would say dey are the best team in Europe bt if Liverpool win, he would say its bcox d rest teams were weak....very childish way of hypocrisy..
that is why i dont argue football with people, people talk with sentiment alot.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikechukwu Uche Is Back / Picture Of Female Nigerian Boxer - Is She Really 22 Years?? / Top 12 Laziest Professional Footballers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.