Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 AM

Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) (47212 Views)

What Type Of Peppersoup Is Your Favourite? (pictures) / Peppersoup: Goatmeat Or Catfish? / See the Catfish Peppersoup I Got For #1800 This Evening. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2022
We have different types of peppersoup meals in Nigeria.

Most Nigerians often take peppersoup as appetizers.

I'll be taking you through the simple definition of the Nigerian peppersoup, the ingredients used, how to prepare it, what to eat it with and lastly the various types of peppersoups we have in Nigeria.

WHAT IS A NIGERIAN PEPPERSOUP??

A Nigerian Peppersoup is a soup in Nigeria that is prepared using various meats, chili peppers, peppersoup spice and calabash nutmeg as primary ingredients.
Peppersoup has a light and watery texture.

PEPPERSOUP INGREDIENTS

1kg of meat/seafood.
Peppersoup spice.
Red Chilli flakes.
Powdered ginger.
Salt.
Small onion.
Seasoning cubes.
Water.
Uziza leaf/scent leaf

NB: This is just a general ingredients for peppersoup, one is free to add or otherwise.

SIMPLE WAY TO PREPARE PEPPERSOUP

-Cut the meat/fish into small/medium pieces.
-Rinse thoroughly and transfer to a pot.
-Add water, salt, seasoning cubes and half of the onion.
-Cook for 20-40 minutes with medium/high heat.
-Add the peppersoup spice, red chili flakes, powdered ginger, crayfish and the remaining onions.
-Allow to cook for another 5-15 minutes.
-Add the uziza/scent leaves and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
-Peppersoup is ready.

WHAT CAN BE TAKEN/EATEN WITH THE NIGERIAN PEPPERSOUP??

-Chilled drink
-Rice
-Yam
-Bread
Etc
Add your own

DIFFERENT TYPES OF THE NIGERIAN PEPPERSOUP

We have quite a few of them listed below.

- Catfish Peppersoup.
- Chicken Peppersoup.
- Goat Peppersoup.
- Cow leg Peppersoup.
- Cow skin Peppersoup.
- Seafood Peppersoup.
- Assorted meat Peppersoup.
- Assorted( Shaki, intestine) Peppersoup.
Etc.
Add yours if not included

Have fun and happy salivating........

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN CATFISH PEPPERSOUP

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN CHICKEN PEPPERSOUP

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:26pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN GOAT MEAT PEPPERSOUP

60 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by decatalyst(m): 10:29pm On Apr 17, 2022
It's been long I had good pepper soup sha.

Everything looks so fake and artificial now.

38 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN COW LEG PEPPERSOUP

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN COW SKIN PEPPERSOUP

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN SEAFOOD PEPPERSOUP

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:32pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN ASSORTED(SEAFOOD & MEAT) PEPPER SOUP

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:33pm On Apr 17, 2022
NIGERIAN ASSORTED MEAT PEPPERSOUP

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by amzee(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2022
I am beginning to salivate

138 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
decatalyst:
It's been long I had good pepper soup sha.

Everything looks so fake and artificial now.

Fake and artificial?? sad

Why not ask around and get the right spot where peppersoups are sold??

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 11:02pm On Apr 17, 2022
amzee:
I am beginning to salivate
That's the aim smiley
Maybe you'll treat yourself with a plate of peppersoup sooner grin

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by RoyalBlu(f): 6:01am On Apr 18, 2022
Yes yes smiley

OP you're on point.

So I got catfish and chicken pepper soup on the menu today, cos it's my birthday cheesy.

*Both are my faves actually.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 6:38am On Apr 18, 2022
RoyalBlu:
Yes yes smiley

OP you're on point.

So I got catfish and chicken pepper soup on the menu today, cos it's my birthday cheesy.

*Both are my faves actually.

See enjoyment! smiley

Happy birthday dearie... Wishing you all the best life has to offer!

Invite me ooooooooh wink

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by kullozone(m): 8:38am On Apr 18, 2022
Hmmm...

God is wonderful cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by RoyalBlu(f): 10:18am On Apr 18, 2022
qekng40:

See enjoyment! smiley

Happy birthday dearie... Wishing you all the best life has to offer!

Invite me ooooooooh wink

Thanks sis smiley

You're invited o.

2 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by qekng40(f): 10:43am On Apr 18, 2022
RoyalBlu:

Thanks sis smiley
You're invited o.
Location or I take it as audio grin

3 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by Patrickyemi: 11:33am On Apr 18, 2022
Omo hunger don set in

6 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by humberjade: 11:34am On Apr 18, 2022
I so much miss pepper soup ehn...especially the ones made with cow tail grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by Skillsnigeria: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2022
grin
Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by bro4u: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2022
Omo this thread choke cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by handsomeyinka(m): 11:35am On Apr 18, 2022
Lalasticlala and friends right now waiting for the snake pepper soup

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by harmony75: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2022
Yam pepper soup

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by Ekpeitut: 11:35am On Apr 18, 2022
All I see here is edible Cholesterol grin

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by ohosi4real(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2022
My favorite is catfish pepper soup

7 Likes

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by Richy4(m): 11:37am On Apr 18, 2022
This OP is totally wicked Ooo.. how did I click this button again cool cheesy cheesy

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by TempUser: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2022
U sure say that fish in the first post cook well sha? tongue

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by samiabigail: 11:37am On Apr 18, 2022
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by potbelly(m): 11:37am On Apr 18, 2022
Cat fish and goat meat pepper soup all day...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Different Types Of Peppersoup Meals In Nigeria (pictures) by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:38am On Apr 18, 2022
ohosi4real:
My favorite is catfish pepper soup

Same here. I love catfish especially in pepper soup and Banga soup.

I don't know why I don't like other kinds of pepper soup except that of catfish.

cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos : See The Big Fishes This Nairalander Bought In Lagos / Black Cobra Caught By My Dad's Trap In Ogun State (Pictures) / The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.