Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Clout Chasing: The Woman Who Cried Wolf On Twitter - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Clout Chasing: The Woman Who Cried Wolf On Twitter (452 Views)

Victims Of Toyosi's 'Clout-Chasing' Tweets Still in Custody - Families Cry / I Was Chasing Clout - Lady Who Tweeted That She Was Being Kidnapped, Raped / Bamise Ayanwola Made Last Video In BRT Before Her Death, Cried For Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clout Chasing: The Woman Who Cried Wolf On Twitter by Azeemokoya: 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2022
In recent times, clout chasing has become the primary characteristics of social media users who are seeking validation and relevance.
Clout chasing communicates the neediness to be talked about without necessarily creating anything valuable; the aim and objective of throwing stunts on social media is to make oneself noticeable.

Who was the clout chaser who cried wolf?

On Thursday, April 14, a Young Nigerian lady identified as Omotoyosi Adesegun got herself into trouble after she shared a post pertaining to alleged rape, molestation and kidnapping.

She wrote:

“I’m being kidnapped, guys.

I’m being raped.

Number 78, Obayan Street, Pako, Akoka, Lagos.”

The sensitive post quickly gained traction as Social media good Samaritans informed the police about the alleged assault.

Albeit, it was later discovered to be mere clout chasing. The young lady, Omotoyosi later mentioned in a video that she only made the announcement for ‘clout chasing’.

“I tweeted earlier that I was kidnapped and r*ped. It’s false. I’m so sorry for this. Please stop calling and threatening the numbers,” she stated.

Toyosi have since received backlash from Nigerians for making false claims on social media.
Afterwards, another user of the social media platform, @Truthfully83 revealed that the young woman has been arrested by the police for public disturbance.

“Toyosi the alarmist, who twitted today that she is being kidnapped and raped, has been arrested by the Lagos State police command.

“She will be arraigned before a Lagos court for disturbing public peace,” the user revealed.

What is the lesson here?

It’s quintessential for people to be careful with what they air on Social media, could come back to haunt them.

Omotoyosi’s controversial tweet is coming at a sensitive time in the history of Nigeria. She published a tweet pertaining to sexual assault within days after a popular Nigerian recording artiste, Osinachi Nwachukwu was reportedly violated by her husband...

https://newsroundtheclock.com/clout-chasing-the-woman-who-cried-wolf-on-twitter/

Re: Clout Chasing: The Woman Who Cried Wolf On Twitter by falcon01: 11:16pm On Apr 17, 2022
Dùmb bitçh

2 Likes

Re: Clout Chasing: The Woman Who Cried Wolf On Twitter by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2022
Clout chaser, I hope she would also chase some clout while in jail as well grin grin grin
Re: Clout Chasing: The Woman Who Cried Wolf On Twitter by doctorexcel: 12:24am On Apr 18, 2022
We are yet to hear the last about this matter. More facts will still evolve
Re: Clout Chasing: The Woman Who Cried Wolf On Twitter by CountVersailles(f): 2:06am On Apr 18, 2022
People like this don't know how hard they are making life difficult for those who truly deserve help.

(1) (Reply)

Tricycle Driver Returns Laptop Bag Forgotten By One Of His Passengers | Video / Eight Killed In Sunday Night Attack In Plateau Community / Notorious R@pist Lands In Police Net After R@ping A Lady On Her Farmland In Ebon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.