Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer (2211 Views)

Today Is The 9th Day Of Shawwal, Have You Started The 6 Days Fasting In Shawwal? / Today Is A Gift From Allah – Say Alhamdulillah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by Lima98(f): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2022
So unbelievable today is my sister 40 days prayer may her soul rest in perfect peace may Almighty Allah forgive her all her sin and accept her soul into al jenatul fridous Amin

3 Likes

Re: Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by fairwilliams: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2022
May allah forgve her sins. And may evil stay away from ya family
Re: Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by dawnomike(m): 6:57am On Apr 18, 2022
Lima98:
So unbelievable today is my sister 40 days prayer may her soul rest in perfect peace may Almighty Allah forgive her all her sin and accept her soul into al jenatul fridous Amin
may her soul continue to rest on in perfect peace
Re: Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by Cutehector(m): 7:05am On Apr 18, 2022
Abeg dey type correct english make you no go dey wish death for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by Nobody: 7:14am On Apr 18, 2022
Cutehector:
Abeg dey type correct english make you no go dey wish death for yourself.
Oga please sharrap oo.
Re: Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by Idrisk19(m): 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2022
May Almighty Allah Forgive her shortcomings and reward her with apex paradise
Re: Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by Lima98(f): 9:27am On Apr 20, 2022
Idrisk19:
May Almighty Allah Forgive her shortcomings and reward her with apex paradise
Amin tnkz
Re: Today Is My Death Sister 40 Days Prayer by AntiChristian: 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2022
Lima98:

There are ways to increase the good deeds of the dead Muslim according to the Qur'an and Sunnah. We are to avoid praying to the dead as this is kufr. Non-Muslims are not to be prayed for by Muslims after they died in Kufr/Shirk.

Allaah says in His Book (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask Allaah’s forgiveness for the Mushrikoon, even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire (because they died in a state of disbelief)” [al-Tawbah 9:113]

Muslim narrated in his Saheeh (916) from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “I asked my Lord for permission to pray for forgiveness for my mother, and He did not permit me. I asked Him for permission to visit her grave, and He granted me permission.”

.................................................................................................................................................................................................

Below are the deeds that meet the dead:

1.Ongoing Charity.e.g. a waqf or endowment.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "When a person dies, all his deeds come to an end except three: sadaqah jaariyah (ongoing charity, e.g. a waqf or endowment), beneficial knowledge (which he has left behind), or a righteous child who will pray for him." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, no 1376; he said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

It says in Tuhfat al-Muhtaaj (7/72):

"The deceased can benefit from charity given on his behalf, which includes a waqf of a Mus-haf etc, or digging a well (borehole), or planting a tree, whether he does that during his lifetime or it is done by someone else on his behalf after his death."
This includes building mosque on behalf of the dead

2. A du'a made by a righteous son/daughter. This is by far the easiest and simplest way to increase the good deeds of our dead Muslims.

Prayers for forgiveness offered by both sons and daughters of the deceased bring great benefits, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "A man’s status will be raised in Paradise and he will ask, ‘How did I get here?’ He will be told, ‘By your son’s du’aa’s (prayers) for forgiveness for you." (Reported by Ibn Maajah, no 3660; see also Saheeh al-Jaami’, 1617)

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“and say: ‘My Lord! Bestow on them Your Mercy as they did bring me up when I was young’”

[al-Isra’ 17:24]

3. Beneficial knowledge which the dead left behind.

4. Other Charity done on behalf of the dead.

‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My mother has passed away, and if she could have spoken, she would have given something in charity. Will she receive a reward if I give something on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 1388)

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that the mother of Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) died when he was away from her. He said: "O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died and I am away from her. Will it benefit her anything if I give in charity on her behalf?" He said, "Yes." He said, "Then I ask you to be my witness that I am giving my garden al-Mikhraaf (so called because it bore so many dates) in charity on her behalf." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, Fath, 2756)

Abu Hurayrah reported that a man said to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): "My father has died and left money behind. He did not make a wasiyyah (a will); will it expiate for his sins if I give some of it in charity on his behalf?" He said, "Yes." (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

Sa’d ibn ‘Ubaadah said: "I said: ‘O Messenger of Allaah, my mother has died. Should I give charity on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ I asked, ‘What kind of charity is best?’ He said, ‘Providing water.’" (Reported by al-Nisaa’i)

5. Fulfilling the vows of the dead if it does not contradict Islam.

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him and his father) reported that a woman came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: "My mother made a vow to perform Hajj but she died before she could do it. Can I perform Hajj on her behalf?" He said, "Yes, perform Hajj on her behalf. Don’t you think that if your mother owed a debt you would pay it off?" She said, "Yes." He said, "Then pay off what is owed to Allaah, for Allaah is more deserving of having vows fulfilled." (al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, 7315)

6. Paying the debt of the dead. e.g. Ramadan fasts, money, e.t.c

‘Abdullaah ibn Buraydah reported that his father (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "While I was sitting with the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), a woman came to him and said: ‘I gave my mother a slave-woman in charity, and now my mother has died.’ He said: ‘You have got your reward, and your right of inheritance has brought your gift back to you.’ She said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, she still had one month to fast – can I fast it on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Fast it on her behalf.’ She said, ‘She never went to Hajj – can I perform Hajj on her behalf?’ He said, ‘Perform Hajj on her behalf.’" (Reported by Muslim, may Allaah have mercy on him, in his Saheeh, no. 1149)

7. Performing Hajj/Umrah on behalf of the dead.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said to one who asked him about Hajj: “Don’t you think that if your mother had a debt, you would pay it off for her?” She said: “Yes.” He said: “A debt owed to Allaah is more deserving of being paid off.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6699; Muslim, 1148. However the one who is to do this must have first performed Hajj and ‘Umrah on his or her own behalf.

8. Alloting a share of the ('Eid al-adha) Sacrifice to one's dead.

Another thing that may benefit the deceased is if his relative devotes a share to him of a sacrifice he offers. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) offered a sacrifice, he said: "In the name of Allaah, O Allaah, on behalf of Muhammad and the family of Muhammad and the Umma of Muhammad" (reported by Muslim, no. 1967) – and the family of Muhammad and the Umma of Muhammad included both the living and the dead.

We should avoid bid'ia/innovations common around us which has no evidence from Qur'an and Sunnah! May Allah pardon and forgive the dead Muslims from the first Muslim till the last Aameen. May the peace and Blessings of Allah be on Muhammad , his family, companions and all those who follow his path till the day of ressurection. Aameen

(1) (Reply)

Are Boko-haram Shia Or Sunni Muslim / Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason (daily Trust) / Atheist The Methodology Of Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.