Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,529 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

- Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / (1024 Views)

Have You Ever Felt Relieved After Ending A Friendship Or Relationship? / Friendship Or Hangouts FCT Residents Only Please. / Friendship Or Direct Approach, Which Do You Prefer?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 18, 2022
What are the 10 things you do when you start a new friendship with the opposite gender?

I will tell you mine

1. I let them know I'm the stingiest person they'll ever meet. (This isn't true, but I always proclaim to be stingy so that I can easily say no to people's requests and won't feel bad about it — afterall, I have already told them I'm stingy).

2. I let them know I don't lend money even to my mom — I prefer giving for free to people if I have. I never lend and never will even if you're God.

3. I hardly call in the first 1 week or month of the friendship because I'm not good at calling people, so I want to show this side of my character early on to avoid complaint in the future and hearing things like, "You've changed — you used to call me everyday back then when we started."

4. I let them know I have lots of options without saying it directly so that they'll know if they mess up, I won't even think twice to replace.

5. I let them know I'm not the type of guy you should bill for your flashy lifestyle, but when I have, I will always help you out without you asking me to. Asking me feels like you're pressuring me and I abhor being pressured.

6. If you cheat on me, the 3% feelings I managed to have for you is dead, but I will still keep the friendship for personal reasons.

7. I let them know I don't celebrate anything — including my birthday and I don't attend events, but once in two years, I do attend. So, if I attend your event, just know you're too special to me.

8. I let them know I don't work and if I marry you, you won't work too — we'll be at home making babies and making money from the comfort of our home. This is a digital age and our computer is our office. If we must work, it must be agriculture (farming).

9. I let them know I hate to be controlled, nagged, or bothered, so they shouldn't be controlling. My ego doesn't like to be bossed around.

10. I let them know good character matters, laziness is not allowed, and if they can't f*ck, they can f*ck off and be on the sideline.

On the contrary, there are 10 things I noticed men do when they find themselves in a new relationship or friendship.

1. Always available
2. Calling 3 to 10 times per day
3. Chatting them up 24/7
4. Spending a lot (some even borrow) to prove their love
5. Flaunting her to the world on social media
6. Saying yes to 90% of her requests
7. Abandoning their male friends because of her
8. Going to Church or Mosques to prove to her he has changed or he is a good person and God-fearing
9. Telling her how much you love her
10. Canceling important appointments just to meet with her and if she disappoints, not cautioning her from such to avoid getting her upset and losing her

So, what are the things you do in a new friendship or relationship with the opposite gender? List the alpha things you do or the SIMPle thing you do.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Moskiepapaz: 9:33am On Apr 18, 2022
I agree with 90% of what you listed..it is almost natural to want to do those things to look good..i guess that is what they call "putting your best foot forward".. The one i dislike the most,and can never be me,is the whole claiming born again thing,because of woman..can never be me..mba.. i remember in my much younger days,I "pretended" to stop taking alcohol because of my churchy girlfriend then,but when with my goons, I would do it..got a lot of scorn from my guys for this..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Petoski7: 9:40am On Apr 18, 2022
Nice write up especially in the contrary of what men do when new in a relationship..
Men need to learn to not be a SIMPleton cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by fikayormi(m): 9:41am On Apr 18, 2022
Omo you fit write dictionary on top relationship matters walai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: by MonkeyMods(m): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2022
Writing all these epistle unto relationship matters shows you're just a simp trying so hard to be redpilled

And what works for you might not work for other people

Relationships don't have formula

Do you, others do themselves

2 Likes

Re: by Demigod22: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2022
We have to be ourselves when we find ourselves in a relationship. If you pretend to be good, for how long can you put up the act of being good?

I remember back in University, I was young though, I stopped drinking alcohol because of Cynthia, do a lot of crazy stuff just to impress her. That was when I realized that I shouldn't date or be friend with someone who can't accept my personality.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 18, 2022
Talking about dictionary, we actually have lots of relationship books for men written in 2016/2017 and they still work like charm. They do get updated regularly.

Combining those books will end up giving us up to three big dictionaries.

6 Likes

Re: by fikayormi(m): 11:28am On Apr 18, 2022
Bergwinho:
lols you dey make me laugh here alone like a mad man...

grin Na nonsense the op dey yawn abeg , don’t be surprised he might the president of Simps in his state
Re: by Nobody: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2022

6 Likes

Re: by Boogyman557: 11:42am On Apr 18, 2022
Holly Gram cool My Gee!

THUNDER go FIRE U!

better THUNDER go STRICK U!

U be real Guy Man! U be real NIGGA!

U deserve ODOGWU BITTERS!

Ride on Man! Ride on!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by talk2hb1(m): 2:04pm On Apr 18, 2022
No Response

(1) (Reply)

How Best Can You Reply This Question / My Ex Girlfriend Begged Me For Sex A Night After Her Wedding. Should I Go Ahead? / Have You Ever Seen A Cheat Who Repented And Stopped Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.