Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket (14304 Views)

Ahead Of APC, PDP Primaries: Naira Crashes Further As Aspirants Mop Up Dollars / APC Presidential Ticket: High Stakes In S/west As 5 Aspirants Battle From Zone / I'm The Only One Contesting For Presidency - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by aviara: 10:01am On Apr 19, 2022
Buhari's silence is part of the game plan. At the 11th hour everything will become clear
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by BlazinGlory40: 10:09am On Apr 19, 2022
aribisala0:
The APC frontrunners are Amaechi, Osinbajo andTinubu

The SE candidates are waiting for "fairness and equity" to give them the ticket. They do not have any self belief
The PDP front runner is Wike

So Ngige who is declaring today is from north east abi?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Ropostic120(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2022
He is behind PYO
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 19, 2022
MikoB:
You will all agree with me before the primary, that osinbajo is the chosen one! by God, buhari and people.

Is that what they told you during your RCCG service?

3 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by aviara: 10:12am On Apr 19, 2022
No reasonable person should vote APC for presidency in 2023. The party has failed in almost every parameter. Those campaigning for APC presidential ticket don't have shame at all.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by drololaaof: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2022
Did you expect him to talk when he knows what he want and want to do
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by InvertedHammer: 10:13am On Apr 19, 2022
/
The biggest threat to democracy in Nigeria is the reliance on a President or Governor to anoint a candidate for others to then support blindly.

Why can't the candidates sell their plans to the masses?

/
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by mex22: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2022
Before nko.Na only himself this man sabi.Him no send anybody.He just used them to get what he wants and destroy nigeria.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by aviara: 10:14am On Apr 19, 2022
Let's assume Buhari and Osibanjo performed so well both in handling economy and security. Some sycophants would have been singing the praise of Tinubu as the only person who can identify good talents in Nigeria.

At least now they can't tell us that Buhari and Osibanjo are brilliant talents discovered by Tinubu. Even Tunde Bakare who said Buhari is the Messiah can't say such again.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by badoh(m): 10:15am On Apr 19, 2022
phransix2:
This is another sign of failure... Reasons we should appreciate OBJ even more, this was the same time he overlooked all the criminals jostling for the presidency and went ahead to anoint one of Nigeria's best president ever.
But he knew the guy had health issue and went ahead to impose him on other candidates that are fit. That was the genesis of Nigerians problem ever since we returned to democratic dispensation. Always looking for weak candidate they can control so that they can continue to rule by proxy.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by chibrolex(m): 10:19am On Apr 19, 2022
Nigerian would be surprised when Buhari will make his choice from the minority...I think Ameachi will be chosen by the President and his men.And It will end in praise
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2022
Anyiamaka:

With all these grammar, your conclusions are more sentimental, emotional than real. Tinubu is not good for Nigeria and Tinubu will never be the president of Nigeria. He who has eyes should not be a blind bat.
I never mentioned anywhere in my post that Tinubu is good or bad for Nigeria. I only said he will emerge winner of the primaries and I gave my reasons. Read my post again
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by toujurs: 10:19am On Apr 19, 2022
Old man like tinubu, is even dragging for ticket too, with amaechi and peter obi.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by aviara: 10:20am On Apr 19, 2022
Even Obasanjo and Jonathan who are known to have identified and assembled the best talent in the history of Nigeria are not even making noise about it.

Some people keep saying Tinubu knows how to identify talents. Was Ambode a great talent? If yes, why didn't he get a second term? Was Femi Pedro and Madam Bucknor great talents, why did Tinubu had problem with them? Can we call Aregbesola a great talent? What was his achievement in Osun state?

Among the talents that have worked for Tinubu which of them can match the likes of Akinwumi former minister of Agriculture under Jonathan? Or match Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, or Sanusi Lamido, or Charles Soludo former CBN governor under Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by MikoB: 10:21am On Apr 19, 2022
Siwel25:

Is that what they told you during your RCCG service?

Another reliable presidency source however told this paper that the president seems inclined to the aspiration of his deputy, Osinbajo, who appears to be the popular choice, noting that this explains why the vice president was bold a enough to openly declare his interest in the presidential race.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by duality(m): 10:22am On Apr 19, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I know many have allowed hate and sentiments becloud their reasoning. Consequently, they cannot make incisive calculations.

Whether we like it or not, Tinubu will win APC's president primaries.

Take a look at all the aspirants and tell me who has the most loyalists. Love Tinubu or hate him, that man is a Genius and has helped so many in their political careers. If not that there is something called betrayal and one should always prepare for it, I would have said Tinubu alone would have more than 75% of votes at the primaries.

What many people don't know is that it is not easy to have so many big names that can attribute 70% of their Political success to just one man Tinubu. Please tell me that politician that can match Tinubu in that aspect.

What were we all even thinking? This man has been strategising for years and we all saw the handwriting on the wall. How come we are all now acting astonished and antagonistic. Lol

If there are people( that have money) that believe Tinubu won't win the primaries, please quote me and tell me how much you will transfer to my account as soon as Tinubu emerges winner of APC primaries.

He should first apologize for this Buhari government.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by GenerationNext: 10:26am On Apr 19, 2022
[b]What were we all even thinking? This man has been strategising for years and we all saw the handwriting on the wall. How come we are all now acting astonished and antagonistic. Lol

This man (Tinubu) has been strategizing for years" The question is? What have he got to offer Nigeria, except corruption.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by jaxxy(m): 10:33am On Apr 19, 2022
aribisala0:
The APC frontrunners are Amaechi, Osinbajo andTinubu

The SE candidates are waiting for "fairness and equity" to give them the ticket. They do not have any self belief
The PDP front runner is Wike

Amaechi is backed by Buhari and osibanjo is using vp leverage, tinubu is using his acn regional party leverage.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by phransix2: 10:35am On Apr 19, 2022
badoh:

But he knew the guy had health issue and went ahead to impose him on other candidates that are fit. That was the genesis of Nigerians problem ever since we returned to democratic dispensation. Always looking for weak candidate they can control so that they can continue to rule by proxy.

Doesn't Buhari or Tinubu have health issues? Is OBJ God to know that he would die on the sit? The decline Nigeria has had in the past 7 years is unmatched leave OBJ out of it.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by denitro(m): 10:37am On Apr 19, 2022
true

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by HRMK: 10:42am On Apr 19, 2022
ALL NA LIE!BUHARI HAS HIS OWN CANDIDATE!I SUSPECT AMAECHI!HE WAS HIS CAMPAIGN MANAGER IN 2015 AND 2019!HE WAS THE ONLY ASPIRANT THAT WENT TO ADAMU WITH BUNU!THE STORY SAID HE WENT THERE WITH BAGS OF MONDY!!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 19, 2022
Is he supposed to support any...is it not better if he stays neutral?

Please Nigerians make una try dey make sense progressively.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by MikoB: 11:05am On Apr 19, 2022
jaxxy:

Amaechi is backed by Buhari and osibanjo is using vp leverage, tinubu is using his acn regional party leverage.

Another reliable presidency source however told this paper that the president seems inclined to the aspiration of his deputy, Osinbajo, who appears to be the popular choice, noting that this explains why the vice president was bold a enough to openly declare his interest in the presidential race.

Try to read before commenting.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Bluntemperor: 11:07am On Apr 19, 2022
LandMann:
He should stay aloof. He's a failure and anything he touches fails

Dear Nigerians,

Don't make the mistake of campaigning for or voting for Tinubu or Osibanjo. The former is as old or even older than the disaster called Buhari and so will end up failing to fix Nigeria while the latter is a deceptive crook who as part and parcel of this current regime has aided in the destruction of the socioeconomic life of Nigerians.

Buhari will handle Security.
Osibanjo will handle the economy.

How far with the security?
How far with the economy?

Unfortunately, you read nonsense and can't even comprehend deceptive intonations.
So,the campaign was- Buhari for Security and Osinbajo for Economy- from when did Osinbajo was ever allowed to independently choose his Economic team! So,in your imagination whose appointment is the Finance Minister serving or who appointed the Humanitarian and Disaster Minister.
We know why Osinbajo has frequently been attacked- is because of a stumbling block to so many of those who can't win their wards not to talk of States! Una wellcome!
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Gentlevip: 11:30am On Apr 19, 2022
He was never an imposer...

He is giving democracy a full breathing space...

Some will still complain...and others will painfully deny that....its allowed ..lols
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Gozac: 11:32am On Apr 19, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I know many have allowed hate and sentiments becloud their reasoning. Consequently, they cannot make incisive calculations.

Whether we like it or not, Tinubu will win APC's president primaries.

Take a look at all the aspirants and tell me who has the most loyalists. Love Tinubu or hate him, that man is a Genius and has helped so many in their political careers. If not that there is something called betrayal and one should always prepare for it, I would have said Tinubu alone would have more than 75% of votes at the primaries.

What many people don't know is that it is not easy to have so many big names that can attribute 70% of their Political success to just one man Tinubu. Please tell me that politician that can match Tinubu in that aspect.

What were we all even thinking? This man has been strategising for years and we all saw the handwriting on the wall. How come we are all now acting astonished and antagonistic. Lol

If there are people( that have money) that believe Tinubu won't win the primaries, please quote me and tell me how much you will transfer to my account as soon as Tinubu emerges winner of APC primaries.
Tinubu won't win it at all I can bet you on this.
Let's go on the bet if you're ready and serious

Peter Odili worked more than him in 2007. You guys over rate Tinubu so much.
James Ibori's men are all over the place controlling Delta state and beyond.Omo Agege is one of his men.

Tinubu is an ex- governor and one of the founders and chieftains of APC aspiring for APC presidential ticket

Talking of experience in governance Rotimi Amaechi has more experience than him. Amaechi has been a 2 time speaker, 2 time governor and a serving minister of transportation for close to 7years and performed excellently in all these capacities

You brag only of Tinubu helping his cronies acquire power, how has this helped the common man?

Tinubu didn't do well as a governor of Lagos state, you are only swift to give him credit of what Fashola did in Lagos state
He must be retired after the primaries in May 31.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Gozac: 11:37am On Apr 19, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

Whether you like am or not Tinubu no dey get APC ticket. Him fit get SDP own. But as for APC, na lie. Whether you like am or not, when Tinubu carry Poe for election with SDP, you go retire this moniker, open another one where you go dey support igbo president. All this one go happen whether you like am or not
CRA is more favored than BAT to clinch APC presidential ticket if you're talking of track record, competency and health wise
Problem with these Tinubu sycophants is that they think Nigeria revolves round Lagos
Tinubu can never ever get the APC ticket
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by NaughtyBrainiac: 11:42am On Apr 19, 2022
Gozac:

Tinubu won't win it at all I can bet you on this.
Let's go on the bet if you're ready and serious

Peter Odili worked more than him in 2007. You guys over rate Tinubu so much.
James Ibori's men are all over the place controlling Delta state and beyond.Omo Agege is one of his men.

Tinubu is an ex- governor and one of the founders and chieftains of APC aspiring for APC presidential ticket

Talking of experience in governance Rotimi Amaechi has more experience than him. Amaechi has been a 2 time speaker, 2 time governor and a serving minister of transportation for close to 7years and performed excellently in all these capacities

You brag only of Tinubu helping his cronies acquire power, how has this helped the common man?

Tinubu didn't do well as a governor of Lagos state, you are only swift to give him credit of what Fashola did in Lagos state
He must be retired after the primaries in May 31.

You are being sentimental by mentioning the common man. How can we even guarantee if any of them cares about the common man.

I stated that Tinubu will win the primaries because he has more loyalists than any of the contestants. Who Amaechi help wey wan pay am back? Amaechi doesn't even have control of his home Rivers State.

My analysis is an objective one. I never said Tinubu is good for us or bad for us. What I know is that he will win the APC primaries.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senator Olamilekan Adeola Affirms Support For Bola Tinubu (Video) / Dele Alake: Why Tinubu Has To Be The Most Careful Among Presidential Candidates / Anti-Party: Enugu APC suspends Nnamani, Onyeama, expels Chime, VON DG, others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.