Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket (14303 Views)

Ahead Of APC, PDP Primaries: Naira Crashes Further As Aspirants Mop Up Dollars / APC Presidential Ticket: High Stakes In S/west As 5 Aspirants Battle From Zone / I'm The Only One Contesting For Presidency - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Gozac: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2022
jaxxy:

Amaechi is backed by Buhari and osibanjo is using vp leverage, tinubu is using his acn regional party leverage.

Despite being backed by PMB his pedigree, experience, competence , fitness speaks volume for him

Tinubu has this entitlement mentality that he built APC and has helped many people actualize their political aspiration, then this is the time for them to reciprocate.

Things don't just work that way, Nigeria needs person with both mental and physical capacity to lead.
He doesn't add up well in the later at all
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by jaxxy(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
MikoB:

Another reliable presidency source however told this paper that the president seems inclined to the aspiration of his deputy, Osinbajo, who appears to be the popular choice, noting that this explains why the vice president was bold a enough to openly declare his interest in the presidential race.

Try to read before commenting.

emphasis was on the bolded. meaning a contradiction from same source makes it unsure. hence my submission.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Gozac: 11:58am On Apr 19, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
You are being sentimental by mentioning the common man. How can we even guarantee if any of them cares about the common man.

I stated that Tinubu will win the primaries because he has more loyalists than any of the contestants. Who Amaechi help wey wan pay am back? Amaechi doesn't even have control of his home Rivers State.

My analysis is an objective one. I never said Tinubu is good for us or bad for us. What I know is that he will win the APC primaries.
Politics as a game of intere,is ruthless, dirty
In as much as Tinubu has helped many,he has equally offended and cut short some people's aspiration in the process and those are on the line to take them own pound of flesh too.

Let me tell they will even prefer person with no home support to go through as he will be always running to them for support

All these politicians are so scared of the power
and influence Tinubu wields, moreover you don't give power to an already powerful man

They will prefer any other candidate apart from Tinubu

Politics is dynamic, the way people view loyalty differs among tribes and religious creed.

The constant thing in politics is interest and it supercedes this loyalty people chorus all times
Is it PYO that declared to contest against Tinubu his benefactor?
Can't you see that interest supercedes loyalty?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
[s]
chatinent:
May APC never happen to Nigeria again.
[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by NaughtyBrainiac: 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2022
Gozac:

Politics as a game of intere,is ruthless, dirty
In as much as Tinubu has helped many,he has equally offended and cut short some people's aspiration in the process and those are on the line to take them own pound of flesh too.

Let me tell they will even prefer person with no home support to go through as he will be always running to them for support

All these politicians are so scared of the power
and influence Tinubu wields, moreover you don't give power to an already powerful man

They will prefer any other candidate apart from Tinubu

Politics is dynamic, the way people view loyalty differs among tribes and religious creed.

The constant thing in politics is interest and it supercedes this loyalty people chorus all times
Is it PYO that declared to contest against Tinubu his benefactor?
Can't you see that interest supercedes loyalty?
Those that wish to work against Tinubu will work against him in favour of who?

It will be very foolish of any political party to give a whole presidential ticket to someone who cannot even deliver in his home. I am 100% that won't happen.

Who knows if Osinbajo would eventually step down for Tinubu?

The truth is that Tinubu has more friends than enemies in politics. Just look at the way he goes about his political business.

The only thing they should have done was to successfully convince him not to contest.

Is there any of the aspirants as important and as influential as Tinubu in the APC of today?

If Tinubu wins the primaries, it is easy for other aspirants to accept defeat and support him. If person pass person, e pass person.

If Tinubu loses the primaries, it can NEVER be business as usual for APC. They will have serious problems.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by haslaw(m): 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2022
MikoB:

Another reliable presidency source however told this paper that the president seems inclined to the aspiration of his deputy, Osinbajo, who appears to be the popular choice, noting that this explains why the vice president was bold a enough to openly declare his interest in the presidential race.

You will all agree with me before the primary, that osinbajo is the chosen one! by God, buhari and people.

All the supporters of the backstabber are liars for the following reasons

1) How did they manage to read the mind of Buhari who has consistently said he is keeping a secret his desired choice

2) Buhari claimed his predated candidate would be eliminated if he mentioned him, does Osinbajo look like someone anyone can eliminate?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by Ayed44: 8:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I know many have allowed hate and sentiments becloud their reasoning. Consequently, they cannot make incisive calculations.

Whether we like it or not, Tinubu will win APC's president primaries.

Take a look at all the aspirants and tell me who has the most loyalists. Love Tinubu or hate him, that man is a Genius and has helped so many in their political careers. If not that there is something called betrayal and one should always prepare for it, I would have said Tinubu alone would have more than 75% of votes at the primaries.

What many people don't know is that it is not easy to have so many big names that can attribute 70% of their Political success to just one man Tinubu. Please tell me that politician that can match Tinubu in that aspect.

What were we all even thinking? This man has been strategising for years and we all saw the handwriting on the wall. How come we are all now acting astonished and antagonistic. Lol

If there are people( that have money) that believe Tinubu won't win the primaries, please quote me and tell me how much you will transfer to my account as soon as Tinubu emerges winner of APC primaries.
Just keep wasting ur time. APC presidential candidate will emerge only through consensus.

Buhari will pick APC presidential candidate and present same to party stakeholders in a meeting in mid-May.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by NaughtyBrainiac: 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2022
Ayed44:
Just keep wasting ur time. APC presidential candidate will emerge only through consensus.

Buhari will pick APC presidential candidate and present same to party stakeholders in a meeting in mid-May.
Please wake up! How many times will you be told that there can NEVER be consensus for presidential candidacy
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by shinealight(m): 12:08am On Apr 20, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Nigeria cant wait for this disaster upon her to elapse. Buhari is the greatest failure to befell Nigeria leadership scene.
Never again shall we have someone like Buhari. May God have mercy on his soul.
No election in all Igbo lands. No Igbo son or daughter shall vote or be voted for. Biafra is coming

….and while taking this position, you want Nigerians to make one of you the President & Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces? ….so that he can declare Biafra the second day after taking Power? How does that make sense? You guys should know what you want and adapt accordingly. Nigerians are not stupid you know! undecided undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by 1869nn: 12:55am On Apr 20, 2022
[s]
Mooh247:
cool

I am for nobody, I am for everybody

Only Idiots wait in Abuja for consensus candidate or microzoning

Sensible people have began consulting and negotiating with leaders of the various interest groups that makes up the 7800 delegates

[/s]
Re: 2023 Presidency: Buhari Stays Aloof As Aspirants Battle For APC Ticket by softwareman(m): 1:07am On Apr 20, 2022
Bluntemperor:

Unfortunately, you read nonsense and can't even comprehend deceptive intonations.
So,the campaign was- Buhari for Security and Osinbajo for Economy- from when did Osinbajo was ever allowed to independently choose his Economic team! So,in your imagination whose appointment is the Finance Minister serving or who appointed the Humanitarian and Disaster Minister.
We know why Osinbajo has frequently been attacked- is because of a stumbling block to so many of those who can't win their wards not to talk of States! Una wellcome!
You are missing the point. All appointees are there to IMPLEMENT a government economic policy.
The person delegated to run the economy, the VP , responsibility is to coordinate and ensure that the economic plan IS PROPERLY IMPLEMENTED BY ALL.
He failed to do this hence the current PARLOUS STATE OF THE ECONOMY.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari ‘Rarely Supervised’ His Ministers - Shittu / Wike Summons Emergency Meeting Over Rising Insecurity In Abuja / February 13th In The History Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.