Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks (3849 Views)

Namtira Bwala: Bullied Lead British School Student Speaks (Video) / Truth Or Dare: Mother Of Julian, 10-Year-Old Chrisland Gang-Raped Student Speaks / Deeper Life School Begs Parents Of Sexually Abused Student To Withdraw Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by BleedingPen: 11:40am On Apr 19, 2022
Days after the report of alleged sexual molestation levelled against a professor at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Joseph Opefeyitimi, hit the cyberspace, the accused Don has broken his silence on the allegation.

A female student of the institution, Boluwatife Hannah had dragged Opefeyitimi before a university panel last month, claiming she was “violated” by the professor.

She said the professor sexually molested her during a visit to his office on March 18, 2022, a petition addressed to the school’s Vice-Chancellor, Tope Ogunbodede, stated.

However, responding to the allegations, the Professor of Yoruba Incantations and Stylistics at the African Language Department, in a letter to the Department’s head said the panel should dismiss the petition instituted by the affected student, Boluwatife Hannah as she was his fiancee of four years.

•The letter
Opefeyitimi claimed whatever happened in his office was consensual and had been initiated by Hannah. He also said the allegations levelled against him by the female student were ”a ploy to escape marrying him”.

The don’s letter dated March 26 reads: “I am Professor Joseph A. Opefeyitimi, sorry for replying a little late. I was not at home and instructed my family members to take the letters for me.

“Truly, Babafemi Boluwatife Hannah was in my office on Thursday the 17th March, 2022. All that happened in my office was consensual and she was the one that called for it. I never knew she had a grand master’s plan for me.

“I thought as husband and wife to be right from before she got admission into our department, I could leave her to treat me the way she wanted. I called her as a result of the situation in town because she lives there and she actually came to update me.

”There are too many lies in her write-ups. For instance, while paragraph three was true, paragraph four was self-contradictory. Again, her claim of indecent assault in paragraph eleven that I, “sexually assaulted, molested and violated” her between 1:23 pm she entered my office and the 2 pm I had to take my son from school, which I did, must be substantiated because it turned the whole allegation from civility, tending towards criminality. This is why I am involving a lawyer.

“I am suggesting by way of appeal that my lawyer be made to witness all proceedings relating to this case. In fact, I will be grateful if he could be made to sit if only as an observer at today’s 12 noon Departmental panel.

“In summary, Boluwatife is my wife to be. She was responsible for all that happened in my office on that day. If after four years of dating, waiting to consummate our union, she suddenly turned around to be cleverly taking pictures of the body parts as evidence to indict me, I must not handle the case alone, since my wife at home is privy to our relationship.

“Since our relationship was being planned towards marriage after her graduation, I already took my wife into confidence on in, even though the lady wants the relationship to be kept secret. It is now I can understand why she wanted the relationship kept secret and that she had never been sincere.

“I want the panels to discountenance and dismiss the petition. It is a ploy to escape marrying me despite her promise and all the assistance I have rendered to her including the awards she had taken within the period of her studentship.”

https://www.campusgist.com.ng/2022/04/19/shes-my-girl-oau-prof-accused-of-sexually-molesting-student-speaks/

Lala Seun Mynd4

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by qekng40(f): 11:41am On Apr 19, 2022
Boluwatife Hannah don buy market grin

He who asserts must prove

The Professor is wise, the title really fits him!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Zooposki(f): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2022
She’s your girl? The foolish professor does not know that he cannot have any sort of sexual relationship with his student. Nigerian men sef?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by SmartProf(m): 11:42am On Apr 19, 2022
Zooposki:
She’s your girl? The foolish professor does not know that he cannot have any sort of relationship with his student. Nigerian men sef?
And the foolish female student doesn't know that her purpose in the University isn't to be a 'girl' to a Professor undecided. Or was that what was on her admission letter?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 19, 2022
Oga e no concern us oo,go explain the rest in jail abeg,no time for simps. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Zooposki(f): 11:44am On Apr 19, 2022
SmartProf:

Be like you wan compose essay. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by ivolt: 11:44am On Apr 19, 2022
I suppose you have met her parents for introduction since she is allegedly your fiancee?

You were dating her for four years with nothing between you until you sensed she
was about to graduate and you decided to take your one last chance.

How did this dumb man end up as a professor in OAU?
He couldn't even tell smart lies.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by immortalcrown(m): 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
If there is no video of the sexual act, the man will be guilty, whether he is actually guilty or not. grin

Rape, assault and molestation are three words women successfully use against men. If the video of Chrisland students did not come out, the boy would be called a rapist forever. There are good females oh. But majority of females are sentimentalists who use emotions to suppress facts.

This man might be honest. He might be dishonest. But as long as there is no video, the world will take a side with the girl. Nobody will even question how a man sexually harassing a lady in such an environment will allow her take pictures.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Nobody: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
Zooposki:

Better one oo,no just respond if na mumu talk em wan yarn. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Golan007: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2022
Your girl or sex slave?

1 Like

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by SIMONEKPA7: 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
See Professor English. His professorship needs to be withdrawn Asap

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by SmartProf(m): 11:46am On Apr 19, 2022
Zooposki:

Lol...essay ontop professor and babe matter no dey win Nobel prize award o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Zooposki(f): 11:47am On Apr 19, 2022
ivolt:
I suppose you have met her parents for introduction since she is allegedly your girl?
Of course, not.

The girl is his student. It’s sexual misconduct to have a sexual relationship with your student. Other types of sexual misconducts are doctor/patient, boss/employee(depends), teacher/student etc.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Mayng01(m): 11:52am On Apr 19, 2022
Women and their naked weapon. When they are ready for you, all you have built and labored for years will be destroyed in a twinkle of an eye. Their naked weapon is a destructive tool, even if what this man is saying is true, I still don’t see him escaping the trap the woman has set for him. Smh.... His professorship is already dangling in jeopardy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Bluntguy: 11:56am On Apr 19, 2022
Is that so?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by BleedingPen: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2022
Zooposki:
She’s your girl? The foolish professor does not know that he cannot have any sort of sexual relationship with his student. Nigerian men sef?

He said they started dating before she gained admission into the school.

It's left for him to prove that.

1 Like

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by oz4real83(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2022
Even if she was your girl, doing it within a school environment is a big indictment on your part. Also, you are telling the public that the awards that she has been getting were undeserving, she got them through your connection, the school should go to the extent of investigating all her results since she started that schooi undecided. Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by illicit(m): 12:33pm On Apr 19, 2022
This matter go long.....
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
"In summary, Boluwatife is my wife to be. She was responsible for all that happened in my office on that day. If after four years of dating, waiting to consummate our union, she suddenly turned around to be cleverly taking pictures of the body parts as evidence to indict me, I must not handle the case alone, since my wife at home is privy to our relationship."
If his lawyer can prove all of the above statement in court to be true, then he could go Scot free, the girls parent should also be ask if truly they were in a relationship that was heading towards marriage, there responses should be investigated as well, . grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by 9gerian: 1:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
This may be why he quickly established that they have been dating well before her admission into the institution.

Zooposki:
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by BleedingPen: 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2022
Lala
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by JovialJune(f): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2022
“In summary, Boluwatife is my wife to be. She was responsible for all that happened in my office on that day. If after four years of dating, waiting to consummate our union, she suddenly turned around to be cleverly taking pictures of the body parts as evidence to indict me, I must not handle the case alone, since my wife at home is privy to our relationship"

Lmao he has a wife at home cheesy so his wife agreed for him to date her for 4 years, even before she gained admission grin the man think say he wise, e no even fit lie with sense cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Emmamay10: 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2022
I hope what i just read here is not true. It seems I know this dude. Once again, I just hope it is not true.
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Mentorkaryhm(m): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Lmao he has a wife at home cheesy so his wife agreed for him to date her for 4 years, even before she gained admission grin the man think say he wise, e no even fit like with sense cheesy

[/quote]
He has to involve his wife and need her support this time in order to save his career. If he plays his cards very well, he will get the support his wife, then later bashed by her. But first, his career has to be protected

2 Likes

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Help2020: 2:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
JovialJune:

Lmao he has a wife at home cheesy so his wife agreed for him to date her for 4 years, even before she gained admission grin the man think say he wise, e no even fit like with sense cheesy

You dey mind the fvvl? grin
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by BigYash: 4:01pm On Apr 19, 2022
All these false accusations and clams sef. When girl go really dey into some sexual assault now,nobody go dey take them serious. Na una know sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by JimmySwaggart(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2022
Nigerian female undergraduate student can be highly manipulative, if the case is properly investigated and the man's claim ends up been true, the girl should be locked up. Since they play love with their fathers age mate and when the numerous demand isn't meet, they set u up.
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Golan007: 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2022
BleedingPen:

He said they started dating before she gained admission into the school.

It's left for him to prove that.

Be good to know her age before she gained admission.

Perhaps he was sleeping with a minor.

Double punishment.

1 Like

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by delzbaba(m): 4:50pm On Apr 19, 2022
Her relatives should get involved and proof the randy man right or wrong.
Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by Richy4(m): 5:31pm On Apr 19, 2022
If he is so sure that they were dating, he should just provide all their 4 years romantic chat.. I mean from A-Z as a proof..
That could free him of the molestation allegations... At least let it be seen as consenting adults stuffs.. embarassed

As for his job, no one knows if he can continue to keep it based on prohibiting nature of students and lecturer romantic contract that may have been signed... But he should clear his name first...

1 Like

Re: ‘We're Dating’, OAU Prof Accused Of Sexually Molesting Student Speaks by othermen: 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
A very poor defense based on its current state; but a defense that has potential.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seal Escapes Ocean & Is Seen Crossing Busy Road in SA (PICS) / At Last Nda Result Is Out! / Part-time Programme In Adeniran Ogunsanya College Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.