Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,173 members, 7,815,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Receiving Revelation In The Word Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Receiving Revelation In The Word Of God (3769 Views)

Two Events In One… Quran Revelation In Ramadan, Latter In Former / New Way Of Receiving Holy Communion Due To Ebola Virus / God's Self-revelation In The Holy Scriptures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Receiving Revelation In The Word Of God by yommyuk: 8:56pm On Jul 07, 2011
A primary way God speaks to us on a regular basis is through Scripture. He may use a verse or passage to bring great revelation for a specific situation in our lives. But not everyone who reads the Bible gains revelation. Some read it purely for historical value. Others read it in the same way they will read a book in a foreign language for principles and insight, but nothing more. However, a Christian, in whom the Spirit of God is alive and active, can read the same passages and gain incredible, tremendous insight and hear the “now” voice of God for their lives.

Four Greek words describe the functions of the Word of God. It reveals how different individuals can read the same passage of Scripture, but each individual receives something different.

GRAPHE
This is the written, historical Word of God. Anyone, saved or not, can read and understand the Bible from this perspective. Reading the Bible as “graphe” is like reading a novel. You understand the story and possibly even the historical value, and maybe ponder the characters and settings, but really pick up little else.

LOGOS
This is seeing the meaning of the principle of the Bible.  I call it reaping what has been sown.  These are generally good life principles to follow, but can be of value whether saved or unsaved.

RHEMA
This is where the Word of God crosses over into revelation. Rhema is when the graphe and logos are illuminated to you by the Holy Spirit. Rhema brings enlightenment and bears witness in your spirit. No one who is truly saved has been saved without a rhema understanding of their need for Christ in their lives.

ZOE
All Christians have received a rhema word from God or they could not have come into salvation. For some their revelation from God ends there. However, for those who walk in the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, reading the Word of God becomes a creative, living part of who they are. When the Word becomes ZOE, it dwells within them. The rhema becomes sustained life giving revelation.

Jeremiah 33:2-3
“This is what the Lord says – the Lord who made the earth, who formed and established it, whose name is the Lord: Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come. “

The above scripture is a destiny builder. It truly is.

Brethrens, Let us move out for the graphe stage and position ourselves in to the ZOE arena. Let us ask God to activate the Spirit of wisdom and revelation in us regarding the above scripture. Let us ask him to show us things that go beyond our brain and things that we do not currently distinguish or recognise. Ask Him to show us things that we have not yet seen before.  Let us exercise our faith as we read, mediate and trust the Word of God. Then the voice of God will arise within you. It will become alive and you will start to see rhema revelation that you have not seen before. Ask God how it applies to you and your situation. Ask him to establish the rhema within you, so that it becomes ongoing sustained ZOE life.
I will call it the Spirit of the Living God residing within you. (Amen)

CONCLUSION
In the synagogue Jesus read the following from the scriptures

Luke 4:18-19
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free and that the time of the Lord’s favour has come."

Wonderful! cheesy

Abide in the “Zoe of God” and be favoured.

God bless wink
Re: Receiving Revelation In The Word Of God by Joagbaje(m): 11:38pm On Jul 07, 2011
@YommyUk

Are you able to teach these things in CCC? I really would love to know.
Re: Receiving Revelation In The Word Of God by yommyuk: 12:16am On Jul 08, 2011
@Jo

Abosolutely! Why not!
It is a matter of speaking the language they will understand and can identify with.

Using the parable of the sower will be a good start.
Using the Word of God to discern prophecy is another way to go.
Making them aware that God can correspond to a believer via the WORD is as effective, if not more than the so called prophetic messages.
Encourage them to read the Word of God more frequently
Making them understand that without the Word of God, dwelling richly in them, it like one trying to catch the wind.
And many more

You see brethern, Before I preach, I ask God to prepare the ground on which I will plant my seed (Gospel) and for him to speak thru me. When God speaks thru you, People feel and know it. It is the power of God.

Secondly, my mandate is not only for CCC , but for the body of Christ as a whole.

(1) (Reply)

He Was In The World, And The World Knew Him Not / Are Christians Permitted To Eat Sallah Meat? / Grace And Our Offerings As Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.