Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,645 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? (1917 Views)

Seun Osewa A Bigoted Mod Have Removed My Thread Help! / Femi Fani-kayode: A Bigoted, Anti-igbo Tribalist, By Femi Aribisala / Femi Fani-kayode Is A Bigoted, Anti-igbo Tribalist By Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by jason123: 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

so why can't Nigeria be the Christian and Islamic capital of nigeria

the blood tension goes both ways, have u heard of

the kaduna crisis

jos crisis

where thousands of muslims were killed all in the name of Christians

Come back here jor!! I dey enjoy am. . . https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-706662.64.html
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

so why can't Nigeria be the Christian and Islamic capital of nigeria

the blood tension goes both ways, have u heard of

the kaduna crisis

jos crisis

where thousands of muslims were killed all in the name of Christians

^^we're not contradicting each other. There is bloodshed in nigeria and more to come.

the CBN didnt introduce and sponsor christian banking in the north in spite of the fact that there are christians there.

not that there's any such thing as christian banking but at least till date there's no form of banking explicitly referred to as christian banking and neither is any such thing being implemented in muslim regions.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:03pm On Jul 07, 2011
tpia@:

^^we're not contradicting each other. There is bloodshed in nigeria and more to come.

the CBN didnt introduce and sponsor christian banking in the north in spite of the fact that there are christians there.

but there is noting like christian banking or is there?
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^modified.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by Mariory(m): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2011
@alj_harem

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/About/Media/notes/bn016.shtml
The FSA's policy towards Islamic banks, and indeed any new or innovative financial services company, can be summed up simply as "no obstacles, no special favours". We are keen to promote a level playing field between conventional and Islamic providers. One thing we are clear about is that we are a financial, not a religious, regulator.

You've mentioned Britain a few times. notice the difference between the British method (SECULAR) and Sanusi's method.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
now, is there islamic banking in india, and is it being balanced out with hindu or buddhist banking?
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2011
tpia@:

not that there's any such thing as christian banking but at least till date there's no form of banking explicitly referred to as christian banking and neither is any such thing being implemented in muslim regions.

ok lets assume there is Christian banking, i believe it would be done in the north because there are Christains up north as well

if Christians what there own banking then by all means it should be introduced i have no problem with that

but on what bases?
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

i mean if our COLONIAL MASTERS CAN PRACTISE IT WHY CAN'T WE DO THE SAME EVEN MORE SO WE HAVE A HIGH % OF MUSLIMS IN NIGERIA

UHH?
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
Mariory:

@alj_harem

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/About/Media/notes/bn016.shtml
You've mentioned Britain a few times. notice the difference between the British method (SECULAR) and Sanusi's method.

brother how is it different from Sanusi method

pls explain
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

ok lets assume there is Christian banking, i believe it would be done in the north because there are Christains up north as well

if Christians what there own banking then by all means it should be introduced i have no problem with that

but on what bases?

why would christian banking be introduced up north when everyone knows it would only lead to religious pogroms?
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by Mariory(m): 10:10pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

brother how is it different from Sanusi method

pls explain

"The FSA's policy towards Islamic banks, and indeed any new or innovative [size=14pt]financial services company[/size], can be summed up simply as "[size=14pt]no obstacles, no special favours[/size]". We are keen to promote [size=14pt]a level playing field between conventional and Islamic providers[/size]. One thing we are clear about is that we are a financial, not a religious, regulator."
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
and @ topic

yes, nigeria is a bigoted country.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:13pm On Jul 07, 2011
tpia@:

why would christian banking be introduced up north when everyone knows it would only lead to religious pogroms?

tpia are you aware that sharia is practise in the north

are you also aware that in this same north that sharia is practice, people drink alcohol, sleep with prositudes, eat pigs, eat ducks etc

are you aware of the precentage of christains in states like kano, kaduna, bauchi, plateau, and all other middle belt states

if they are still alive after doing all this, why would they die when Christian banking is introduced

although to be honest, so elites might do this pogrom for real if introdueced
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
Mariory:

"The FSA's policy towards Islamic banks, and indeed any new or innovative [size=14pt]financial services company[/size], can be summed up simply as "[size=14pt]no obstacles, no special favours[/size]". We are keen to promote [size=14pt]a level playing field between conventional and Islamic providers[/size]. One thing we are clear about is that we are a financial, not a religious, regulator."

and his Sanusi own religious and what prove

asi aid earlier, CBN needs to do this to help this branch of the banking sector grow
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2011
tpia@:

and @ topic

yes, nigeria is a bigoted country.

ok i like ur honesty

if so, then why are we bigoted, should we not try to be more accomodiating and tolerating
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:16pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

tpia are you aware that sharia is practise in the north

are you also aware that in this same north that sharia is practice, people drink alcohol, sleep with prositudes, eat pigs, eat ducks etc

are you aware of the precentage of christains in states like kano, kaduna, bauchi, plateau, and all other middle belt states

if they are still alive after doing all this, why would they die when Christian banking is introduced

although to be honest, so elites might do this pogrom for real if introdueced

they would die because the name "christian" is explicitly attached to the specific institution, and the perpetrators would feel another religion [which they despise] is being imposed on them.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:17pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

ok i like your honesty

if so, then why are we bigoted, should we not try to be more accomodiating and tolerating

you're nigerian nah- you know the answers to your questions.

with 50 southern christian youth corpers set ablaze in niger state [but for the grace of God], accommodating and tolerant is something nigerians need to work on.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by Mariory(m): 10:18pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

and his Sanusi own religious and what prove

asi aid earlier, CBN needs to do this to help this branch of the banking sector grow

Clearly I'm wasting my time here with you. So let the Ministry of Aviation promote a particular airline to help that branch of air travel grow right?
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2011
tpia@:

they would die because the name "christian" is explicitly attached to the specific institution, and the perpetrators would feel another religion [which they despise] is being imposed on them.

i agree that some elements in the north would want to do this thus the elites

and that is why we northerners are fighting against them

that is why we try to be reasonable with people

education is the problem
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 10:20pm On Jul 07, 2011
well, in the meantime why must the flames of discord be continually fanned.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:21pm On Jul 07, 2011
Mariory:

Clearly I'm wasting my time here with you. So let the Ministry of Aviation promote a particular airline to help that branch of air travel grow right?

that is not even a good example or anonlogy to use at all

why not say this

the minitry of works have built a seaport in the SE to promote trade in that branch of the country. that is better

and i believe this is done, isn't it
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by Mariory(m): 10:26pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

why not say this

the minitry of works have built a seaport in the SE to promote trade in that branch of the country. that is better

And since when have private banks been the same as public (Government owned) seaports? This is what you have to understand. Why should the CBN governor be promoting a specific type of banking geared towards only a part of the population?

After you've understood that question, read this quote again about how they do it in Britain. It should now make sense.

The FSA's policy towards Islamic banks, and indeed any new or innovative financial services company, can be summed up simply as "no obstacles, no special favours". We are keen to promote a level playing field between conventional and Islamic providers. One thing we are clear about is that we are a financial, not a religious, regulator.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2011
alj_harem:

why not say this

Depending on what the "islamic banking" is going to be,

A banking product to be offered by all licensed banks in the nation  or a brand name for the policies of a a select group of bank,

Are you also Haka nai?
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:31pm On Jul 07, 2011
Mariory:

And since when have private banks been the same as public (Government owned) seaports? This is what you have to understand. Why should the CBN governor be promoting any private institution or organisation?

ok i actually see you point

if am correct people are angry because it is funded by CBN (Sanusi) and not the name Islamic bank, is that right?

then the president and minister of finance has every power to stop that if they do not support it but they are not saying anything

this are Christians by the way
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 10:33pm On Jul 07, 2011
0lumide:

Depending on what the "islamic banking" is going to be,

A banking product to be [size=15pt]offered[/size] by all licensed banks in the nation  or a brand name for the policies of a a select group of bank,

Are you also Haka nai?

i am not haka nai grin grin

i would go with the bolded

and the word "offer" is the key
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by BIGERBOY1: 11:46pm On Jul 07, 2011
I believe this argument is been skewed the wrong way. @alh harem @all firstand foremost the CBN is not sponsoring any bank, it is only creating a regulatory frame work for the bank to operate. lets get that right, if the proposed bank fails to meet CBN requirement in any form it will have its licence revoked.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 11:47pm On Jul 07, 2011
BIGER BOY:

I believe this argument is been skewed the wrong way. @alh harem @all firstand foremost the CBN is not sponsoring any bank, it is only creating a regulatory frame work for the bank to operate. lets get that right, if the proposed bank fails to meet CBN requirement in any form it will have its licence revoked.

oh ok thanks
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by adconline(m): 2:28am On Jul 08, 2011
in a secular country like England, i believe they still practise Islamic banking, or am i wrong?

i know Christians are human as well and i love my Christian brothers and sisters

all the atrocities u mentioned above has nothing to do with banking, moreover they are the uneducated youths

So it's bad for  a Christian to be weary of an Islamic bank,  but somehow acceptable for someone to kill in the name of religion so  long as they are uneducated. Simply put, hide under the umbrella of uneducated to unleash violence on innocent people .

What's missing in this whole argument is the CIVILITY of Christian opponents who have neither killed  anyone  nor burnt any houses  because their concerns are not addressed by CBN. Could this have been the case if it were Muslims whose opinions are not being considered?

Talk about USA,  most Americans opposed a mosque being built  near Ground Zero- NYC.
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 2:41am On Jul 08, 2011
adconline:

So it's bad for  a Christian to be weary of Islamic ban,  but somehow acceptable for someone to kill in the name of religion so  long as they are uneducated. Simply put, hide under the umbrella of uneducated to unleash violence on innocent people .

What's missing in this whole argument is the CIVILITY of Christian opponents who have neither killed  anyone  nor burnt any houses  because their concerns are not addressed by CBN. Could this have been the case if it were Muslims whose opinions are not being considered?

Talk about USA,  most Americans opposed a mosque being built  near Ground Zero- NYC.

you see my brother, i love and respect the Christians

yes some people take it to extreme level and it is for Allah to jugbe them
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2011
[size=16pt]ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO TAKE OFFENCE AND FIGHT JIHAD OVER MY STANCE HERE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

MAY THE BLOOD OF THOSE MURDERED IN THE NAME OF RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM, BE REQUIRED AT YOUR HANDS.
[/size]
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by aljharem3: 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2011
tpia@:

ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO TAKE OFFENCE AND FIGHT JIHAD OVER MY STANCE HERE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

MAY THE BLOOD OF THOSE MURDERED IN THE NAME OF RELIGIOUS EXTREMISM, BE REQUIRED AT YOUR HANDS.

haba, why are u angry

no one is doing jihad, those u call religious extremist are nt even religious at all, some don't even read the quran at all all there lifes
Re: Is Nigeria A Bigoted Country ? by tpia5: 5:57pm On Jul 08, 2011
i'm not angry- what gives you that impression.

just making my point for the "new" recruits.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Divided Nigeria / Women Arise: Odumakin Slashes Lai Mohammed ( Quit Your Hypocrisy ) / Security Arrests 25-year-old Stowaway At Benin Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.