Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,732 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

FLASHBACK: Chrisland School Official Jailed For Rape - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FLASHBACK: Chrisland School Official Jailed For Rape (432 Views)

Chrisland School Sex Scandal: Where Are The Boys? / Chrisland School Sex Video: We Have Commenced Investigations - Lagos Police / Chrisland School Accused Of Covering Up Rape Of 10-Year Old Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

FLASHBACK: Chrisland School Official Jailed For Rape by 9jaBlogger: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2022
Chrisland Schools has been lately on the news for a similar wrong reason recorded in the past.

The Lagos State Government has shut down all branches of the school over a rape incident involving its pupils.

A 10-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her schoolmates during vacation in Dubai.

The issue generated heated controversy, with some blaming parents of the children involved for undue exposure.

Three years ago, Adegboyega Adenekan, a supervisor at Chrisland School, Victoria Island, Lagos, was sentenced to 60 years in prison for defiling a 2-year-old child.

Justice Sybil Nwaka of an Ikeja Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Court handed down the sentence, convicting Adenekan on a count charge of defilement.

She held that evidence before the court showed that the supervisor was guilty as charged. Adenekan was a supervisor at the Chrisland School, Victoria Garden City, Lagos State.

“This defendant is conscienceless, wicked, an animal, and not fit to walk on the streets. I hereby sentence Adegboyega Adenekan to 60 years’ imprisonment. This is the sentence of the court,” the judge held.

Seven witnesses, including the pupil and her mother, testified for the prosecution, which closed its case on March 14, 2019.

Reacting to the conviction in an interview, mother of the victim said she trusted the school with her most prized possession but Chrisland failed her.

“Chrisland is not just any school. The only reason we took our kids there, leaving behind so many other school was because we had a lot of trust in the school. We believed they could give our kids the best education, we believed they could keep our children safe. It never crossed my mind that her class teachers would carelessly allow someone to take her out of the class to his office to molest her.

“The pre-school 2 class teacher didn’t mention the family friend part until she was speaking with the police. I was extremely surprised. I mean, what kind of relationship existed between my daughter and this man that would warrant her class teacher assume we were family friends? Maybe if she had told me that, that would have created a spark, a reason for me to be worried.

“I trusted her, I trusted the school. I gave you my child to care for, with all due respect, I didn’t expect you to let anyone take her out of the class. I trusted Chrisland so much, that was why my kids attended the school in the first place. We trusted them with our most prized possession. We were living in our own nightmare. We never imagined this could happen to our daughter. We were not careless with watching and protecting our kids at all. In our wildest dreams, we never thought our daughter could be abused in school, the one place we could not follow her to.”

https://www.campusgist.com.ng/2022/04/19/flashback-chrisland-school-official-jailed-for-rape.

Re: FLASHBACK: Chrisland School Official Jailed For Rape by Nerogaming01(m): 6:23pm On Apr 19, 2022
As the school name wan resemble church name, parents kon dey think say..
Re: FLASHBACK: Chrisland School Official Jailed For Rape by immortalcrown(m): 6:37pm On Apr 19, 2022
This flashback should not be used against the school's reputation in this case. I earlier said the school should be severely punished for leaving underage kids unmonitored. But after reading the school's report, I realized the school made a significant effort to avert the incident. I am not saying the school should not be punished at all. All I mean is the school's offense is not as grievous as people think; unless it is later proven that the school's press release is filled with lies.

The school was not excellent at controlling the kids in Dubai. But the public is sentimentally taking this case too far against the school. The school tried its best by keeping each gender on a separate floor. Check the distance between the 4th floor and the 11th floor. And the fact that only 5 out of 76 students managed to misbehave shows the school was not as careless as we thought. If you handle just two stubborn kids, you will understand the situation. The school is not blameless. But the condemnation against the school management is too much. The only thing I blame the school for is not telling how the girl left her own floor to be with those boys. Was it that the person looking after them slept off or went to use a restroom?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is An Expository Essay? / Can't I Sue A Lecturer Who Just Decided To Fail Me For No Reason? / Planning To Study Masters In UK 2023, Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.