Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas (979 Views)

The Hidden Underground City In Finland Built In Case Of Nuclear War (Pictures) / Street Fighting Erupts In Battle For Ukraine’s Capital, Kyiv / 18,000 Kyiv Residents Given Guns As Russian Forces Approach (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by KillerCrocodile: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2022
Russian forces capture first city in battle for Donbas

Governor of Kreminna says Ukrainian troops have withdrawn after being attacked ‘from all sides’

Russian forces have seized the city of Kreminna in eastern Ukraine’s Donbas region and Ukrainian troops have withdrawn from the city, the regional governor has said.

Kreminna, a city of more than 18,000 people about 350 miles (560km) south-east of the capital, Kyiv, appears to be the first city captured in a Russian offensive in eastern Ukraine.

“Kreminna is under the control of the ‘Orcs’ [Russians]. They have entered the city,” Serhiy Gaidai, the governor of the Luhansk region, told a briefing on Tuesday. “Our defenders had to withdraw. They have entrenched themselves in new positions and continue to fight the Russian army.”

He said Russian forces had attacked “from all sides”.

It is impossible to calculate the number of dead among the civilian population. We have official statistics – about 200 dead – but in reality there are many more,” he said, without making it clear what period the estimated death toll covered.

Russia denies targeting civilians.

Evacuated residents from the city have said they are unable to reach relatives and friends there.

Olena Stetsenko, the head of the City Korupus volunteer organisation located in Kreminna, was evacuated from the city in mid-March. Stetsenko was one of the last to reach someone inside the city before her mobile signal was fully cut off at lunchtime on Monday, she said, hours after Russian forces reportedly took the city.

There has been a pattern of Ukrainian towns and villages losing mobile connection shortly after falling under Russian occupation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/19/russian-forces-capture-first-city-battle-donbas-kreminna

2 Likes

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by ken6488(m): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2022
Like I said Russia has learned there mistake in march

Regrouped, east Ukraine is under attack now the Russia is now brutal

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Opolopoopolonio: 7:55pm On Apr 19, 2022
Stale news.

Street battles are ongoing in the city.
Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by CrownOfClay724: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:
Stale news.

Street battles are ongoing in the city.

Stale?
What's fresh, let's see.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Opolopoopolonio: 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
CrownOfClay724:

Stale?
What's fresh, let's see.

The news has been on Al Jazeera and veritable online news outlets since midday

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by okeysoninv: 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2022
how did village of 18k people becomes a city. you guys are in hurry to capture ist major Ukraine city.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Vicotex(m): 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2022
niqqas don drop kids glove to unload wrath on these nazis.
i thought the west MSM and Nairaland armchair war analyst said that Russia was out of ammunition and have logistics problem and ukraine is winning?
well, whats happening on ground is the total opposite!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Kelvin3476: 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2022
What about the other former captured cities ? Abi those ones are audio capture ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by KillerCrocodile: 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2022
Kelvin3476:
What about the other former captured cities ? Abi those ones are audio capture ?

Audio capture......... Lol cheesy

No this is the first city / village they captured since the start of the phase 2 of the Special War Crimes Operation.

The others were in Phase 1 and they Committed crimes against humanity there..

I doubt if they would be merciful this time around because their ship that was sunk by the Ukrainian military is still paining them...

1 Like

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by godofuck231: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2022
Putin will have lots of chickens to pluck , these same ukrainians have been causing problems in Russia for years , fights in clubs and all sorts of crimes even driving to the clubs with trunks loaded with assault rifles and ,real life shit and now its on and they Re folding ? The Russian bear really does endure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Appleyard(m): 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2022
This news is not correct. What about Kherson?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by DerrickzB: 10:18pm On Apr 19, 2022
Now we see the might of the Russians!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Appleyard(m): 10:19pm On Apr 19, 2022
Vicotex:
niqqas don drop kids glove to unload wrath on these nazis.
i thought the west MSM and Nairaland armchair war analyst said that Russia was out of ammunition and have logistics problem and ukraine is winning?
well, whats happening on ground is the total opposite!

It's only ediots that believe that Ukraine is winning. This war is bad and should just end. Ukraine can only win on social media.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Appleyard(m): 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2022
Power/network disconnection? I thought as much that the Russians will do this in phase 2, and that's exactly what is unfolding. It gives the Ukies less propanganda mouthpiece to fabricate things on ground while allowing the Russkies to do their thing the way they seem fit, but all at the expenses of the innocent citizens.

One thing observers has noticed so far with this new phase tactics is that the Russians have taken a more hardened approach with less concern for civilian infrastructure. Electronic warfare and countermeasures have also increased in sophistication and deployment. There is talk of the Russians now blinding NATO AWACS flying around the Black Sea, and space-based deployment, which underlined the seriousness and deadly stance the Russians have taken this time around. Perhaps, that is why the US has called for an emergency meeting between NATO allies. With the Russian nuclear doomsday bombers now patrolling the skies for the first time in the crisis, this war might just spiral out of control. Whatever, the situation is not looking good for Ukraine.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Drenimarcus(m): 12:35am On Apr 20, 2022
I really pity those Ukrainian soldiers. They are heavily being plummeted.

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1516553768296456195?s=20&t=6I71Bsk_KtJGilnM7P_xhg

This second phase will reduce Ukraine to rubbles.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by KillerCrocodile: 1:09am On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:
This news is not correct. What about Kherson?

Kherson was the first city to come under Russian control in the first phase of the Special War Crimes Operation...

I believe the article is focused on the first city captured by the Russians during this second phase...
Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by KillerCrocodile: 1:17am On Apr 20, 2022
Drenimarcus:

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1516553768296456195?s=20&t=6I71Bsk_KtJGilnM7P_xhg

But Ukraine is already in Rubbles na ...

They are just hanging on so that Russia would not occupy the nation without a serious fight...
Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by mysticwarrior(m): 9:19am On Apr 20, 2022
The Russians are becoming more vicious in this second phase of the war, I said it before that a time will come when the Russians would unleash hell on Ukraine if the war continues, and its now happening.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Appleyard(m): 9:28am On Apr 20, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

Kherson was the first city to come under Russian control in the first phase of the Special War Crimes Operation...

I believe the article is focused on the first city captured by the Russians during this second phase...

Maybe, although it doesn't sound this convincing in the article. This war should just end. A country the size of Ukraine destroyed is not good for anybody, particularly Europe and the global economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Appleyard(m): 9:35am On Apr 20, 2022
mysticwarrior:
The Russians are becoming more vicious in this second phase of the war, I said it before that a time will come when the Russians would unleash hell on Ukraine if the war continues, and its now happening.

I noticed that whenever they attack a major point in this second phase, they attack from all sides with massive air and sea-basrd support for the advancing and fighting ground troops. This new method will simply overwhelm the Ukrainians who though they have the manpower in numbers, they are outgunned in air, land and sea. With most of the support they're getting from NATO AWACS Intel reduced due to Russian jamming, and the growing involvement of the Russian airforce, it would be a real miracle if Ukraine forces in the east survives another month. The US has called for an emergency meeting now because they knew what is about to happen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Appleyard(m): 9:42am On Apr 20, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

But Ukraine is already in Rubbles na ...

They are just hanging on so that Russia would not occupy the nation without a serious fight...

Ukraine is not really in Rubbles yet. You need to see real Rubbles in Baghdad and Aleppo. For instance, many of the cities the Russians pulled out of to mark the end of Phase 1 have running water system, internet and cellphone network working properly. The only city that looks a bit like rubbles is Mariupol, and that is caused by both sides used of artilleries in city centers.

But in this new phase, with the way the Russians are conducting their operation, there would be hardly anything left in the east by the time they're finished. This is bad for the people of Ukraine.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Hanibbal(m): 9:42am On Apr 20, 2022
mysticwarrior:

Russia's leniency is over. Now it's fire and brimstone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Hanibbal(m): 9:47am On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

I noticed that whenever they attack a major point in this second phase, they attack from all sides with massive air and sea-basrd support for the advancing and fighting ground troops. This new method will simply overwhelm the Ukrainians who though they have the manpower in numbers, they are outgunned in air, land and sea. With most of the support they're getting from NATO AWACS Intel reduced due to Russian jamming, and the growing involvement of the Russian airforce, it would be a real miracle if Ukraine forces in the east survives another month. The US has called for an emergency meeting now because they knew what is about to happen.

Ukraine and NATO misjudged Russia's leniency as a sign of military weakness and failure but now Russia has started raining fire and brimstone. Imagine Russia was even giving them ultimatum to surrender and instead this comedian was still telling the fighters to continue resisting, for how long? Honestly now I know Russia really loved Ukraine but it had no option than to just deal with this NATO that wants to establish itself in its backyard.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Appleyard(m): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2022
Drenimarcus:

So the US government don't even know what happens to the weapons they sent to Ukraine? Yet they keep sending more? That tells you that NATO only exist to serve the interest of the IS empire and the MIC. They really don't care what happens to Europe.

Meanwhile, I read one report that said some units of Ukrainian forces are actively selling off heavy weapons in their possession to third parties setup by the Russian side. And they're making a good deal of money from it. I don't know how true is that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Hanibbal(m): 9:55am On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

So the US government don't even know what happens to the weapons they sent to Ukraine? Yet they keep sending more? That tells you that NATO only exist to serve the interest of the US empire and the MIC. They really don't care what happens to Europe.

Meanwhile, I read one report that said some units of Ukrainian forces are actively selling off heavy weapons in their possession to third parties setup by the Russian side. And they're making a good deal of money from it. I don't know how true is that.

Exactly...Emmanuel Macron is the only European leader who sees this and that was the reason he called for a unified and separate Europe's army he even criticised the NATO alliance then but nobody took him serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by KillerCrocodile: 11:03am On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

Maybe, although it doesn't sound this convincing in the article. This war should just end. A country the size of Ukraine destroyed is not good for anybody, particularly Europe and the global economy.

The war should end Asap....

Nevertheless, Russia is now feeling the pinch of Western Sanctions....

Putin came out to say that the sanctions have backfired but we know how the guy thinks..... He never admits the truth..

The same day the mayor of Moscow said that 200,000 jobs are at risk....

The governor of the central bank admitted that the economy cannot be sustained at the current pace....

Yesterday the defence minister was accusing the West of prolonging the War by sending arms to Ukraine....

What did he expect..

It seems that the guy does not want a prolonged war because the more the war continue, the more the Russian war chest would be depleted...
Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by KillerCrocodile: 11:14am On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

Ukraine is not really in Rubbles yet. You need to see real Rubbles in Baghdad and Aleppo. For instance, many of the cities the Russians pulled out of to mark the end of Phase 1 have running water system, internet and cellphone network working properly. The only city that looks a bit like rubbles is Mariupol, and that is caused by both sides used of artilleries in city centers.

But in this new phase, with the way the Russians are conducting their operation, there would be hardly anything left in the east by the time they're finished. This is bad for the people of Ukraine.

Ok...

But if they actually destroy the entire eastern side of Ukraine, what would be Putin's prize in this War.

A liberated Donbas is supposed to be his prize.... But not a Donbas in ruins...

Or the guy does not care if it ends in ruins.... As long as he can flush out anything Ukrainian from that place.

And gain a land bridge from Crimea to the Donbas region...

He would have succeeded in dividing the country into two...
Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by mojeer678: 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hanibbal:

Exactly...Emmanuel Macron is the only European leader who sees this and that was the reason he called for a unified and separate Europe's army he even criticised the NATO alliance then but nobody took him serious.

That ex-Rothschild's employee? He's only concerned about the French forces holed up in Mariupol. All I wanna say is they don't really care about us! In MJ's voice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by mojeer678: 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

It's really bad and sad. The innocent are always the grasses when an elephant and a donkey are slugging it out.

Rumours have it that Nazilensky is Soros' cousin/nephew. You see, oh the web they weave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Drenimarcus(m): 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

So the US government don't even know what happens to the weapons they sent to Ukraine? Yet they keep sending more? That tells you that NATO only exist to serve the interest of the IS empire and the MIC. They really don't care what happens to Europe.

US wants to destabilize Europe to quell her prosperity and make them lean on the US. Reason you see most of them shipping their old equipments to you crane and buying the US stuff.

Yea, I watched a video of Ukraine soldiers selling military gadgets to Russians and getting paid in rubles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Drenimarcus(m): 3:20pm On Apr 20, 2022
Appleyard:

Thought I was the only one noticing this? Artillery strikes, air strikes, missile strikes, cruiser ship strikes and soldiers mop up the remains.

The Russian Air Force is now jamming NATO involvement due to their intel in the sinking of the Moskva ship.

The mayor of Nikolaev already said they haven’t been paid for 2 months and are out of food and water.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russian Forces Capture First City In Battle For Donbas by Gnosis777: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
mojeer678:

It's really bad and sad. The innocent are always the grasses when an elephant and a donkey are slugging it out.

Rumours have it that Nazilensky is Soros' cousin/nephew. You see, oh the web they weave

Wow, I wonder if this is true, but I definitely wouldn't be surprised if it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Russian Soldier Surrenders To Ukraine Forces Via Drone / Bin Laden, Terror To America. America Terror To The World / Some Words Of Hope In These Uncertain Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.