Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble (3560 Views)

Car Wants To Overheat / Help Me Find A Permanent Solution To My Overheating Car / This Car Wants To Send Me To The Village. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by ajog1: 5:26pm On May 23, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
Hmmm, my car is currently parked at home because of the same issue. I'm fed up. I changed everything you changed but overheating won't stop and now it affected my transmission. After all the throw ins, the engine got worse and car became undrivable unless I change the engine. Guess what! ACURA TL 2012 complete engine and transmission is 1.3m! That's how I parked it at home for 2 weeks now. Basically just saving to buy another car instead.
CHAII. But what did you do wrong to the car?
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:05am On May 24, 2022
ajog1:
CHAII. But what did you do wrong to the car?
I swear I don't know. If I tell you that I went through the pain of changing the engine and gearbox. Spent about 1.5m on everything and lo and behold, the engine still overheats. Now I know the other engine was not the problem. Still looking for a solution though. And also looking for a new car.
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by ajog1: 8:34am On May 24, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

I swear I don't know. If I tell you that I went through the pain of changing the engine and gearbox. Spent about 1.5m on everything and lo and behold, the engine still overheats. Now I know the other engine was not the problem. Still looking for a solution though. And also looking for a new car.
Kai. Still the same issue with a new engine and transmission? This is saddening, even to me. I've followed you right from when you bought the car, and plan on getting same.
This is where our tech/mechanics are limited. Rugged experience you went through man. I go buzz you.
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by aieromon(m): 9:40am On May 24, 2022
Kelvin30286063:

Quite strange. Something is wrong with the cooling system or the ECU has a mind of its own.
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by selfmadeOLX(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2022
murshid09:

How many months will I use this oil before changing it or miles

dru23:

It's good for 20k miles... My advice is do 10k miles regardless of driving conditions...

When it isn’t a Mercedes that can gulp 8-10L of oil on a V6

5-6k miles and all will be good
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by shigoawesu(m): 7:33pm On May 27, 2022
dru23:

I have a fleet of Honda Civic from 2003 to 2005. They are good cars o...

I rarely have overheating issues... If car owners follow owners manual at all times it will greatly reduce your maintenance cost.. Civic were built as a low maintenance vehicles....

That been said, I notice you use water instead of coolant for the radiator .. The use of water instead coolant is a gradual process that will damage your engine....

Now coolant are meant to lubricate and protect the engine from overheating .. Since you are using the car for uber, it means the engine is constantly running and you spend a great amount of time in traffic .. All these factors will greatly contribute to the wear and tear of the engine.. The fact that you use water instead only expedite the wear and tear of engine.. This is a gradual process .......

Even the water that you are using is tap water. The tap water has dirty particles that can clog your water pump and worse it will cause ur radiator to rust .. Water and metal should do not mix well o.

Even if you are going to use water . You supposed to use distill water.. But coolant is ur best bet for best engine protection.....

Conclusion: The best way forward is to replace the engine. Trying to fix the engine at this stage is like throwing money inside fire.. More than likely you will need to get a complete engine.. The use of water has more than likely damage your radiator and water pump..

So instead of half engine , u will need a complete full engine... Failure to do this is a waste of time and money .... A person that cares about you will tell you engine replacement and the ones that are either illiterate or hate u , will tell you to fix engine.. You can only continue to fix engine for so long before the engine packs up..........

Always use the correct engine oil and fluids at all times . And yes civics have almost bullet proof engines, with the right amount of abuse the engine will be gone......

Good luck

Alot to learn here
Please what year civic is good for hauling
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by dru23(m): 7:48pm On May 27, 2022
shigoawesu:

Alot to learn here
Please what year civic is good for hauling

From experience 03 to 05
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by shigoawesu(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2022
dru23:

From experience 03 to 05

Thanks
Do have an idea of the price for 05
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by dru23(m): 4:08pm On May 28, 2022
shigoawesu:

Thanks
Do have an idea of the price for 05

With the way car business going now .. I don't have an idea
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by shigoawesu(m): 4:22pm On May 28, 2022
dru23:

With the way car business going now .. I don't have an idea

Thanks
Any advice on brand, model and year for hauling
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by dru23(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2022
shigoawesu:

Thanks
Any advice on brand, model and year for hauling

Try and stick honda civic 03 to 05 .. That is only advice I can give in terms of brand of cars for ehalling
Re: My Car Wants To Send Me Back To My Village Due To Endless Overheating Trouble by shigoawesu(m): 10:03pm On May 28, 2022
dru23:

Try and stick honda civic 03 to 05 .. That is only advice I can give in terms of brand of cars for ehalling

Thanks
Hope Civic didn't have ball and socket issue sha
Cos people do say Honda leg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ever Locked Your Car With The Key In Ignition? Share Your Experience. / Toyota AC Compressor / Between Nigeria Used Volvo Xc90 2004 And Honda Civic 2006 Which Is A Better Buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.