Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? (701 Views)

Rwanda: Advise Needed On Hotel Reservation / What I Noticed In My Hotel Room / Man Wanted To Pay For His Transport Fare With Bank Transfer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? by Ashleyadams(f): 6:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
Hi guys,

I need to apply for a visa and one of the required documents is a hotel reservation.

My question is: Do I need to pay for the hotel reservation when applying for a visa?

I'd appreciate it if people can share their experiences. Thanks.
Re: Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? by sirrotex: 7:59pm On Apr 20, 2022
It depends on the country you are traveling to. Most countries do not expect you to pay for the booking before your visa gets issued, however some countries like South Africa specifically request that the hotel is fully paid for.
Re: Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? by Ashleyadams(f): 8:41pm On Apr 20, 2022
sirrotex:
It depends on the country you are traveling to. Most countries do not expect you to pay for the booking before your visa gets issued, however some countries like South Africa specifically request that the hotel is fully paid for.
Thanks for the response.

I'm applying for a Zimbabwean visit visa. Hopefully, a hotel reservation without payment will be accepted.
Re: Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? by sirrotex: 3:27pm On Apr 21, 2022
I doubt you would be required to pay for the hotel accommodation before your visa comes out
Ashleyadams:

Thanks for the response.

I'm applying for a Zimbabwean visit visa. Hopefully, a hotel reservation without payment will be accepted.
Re: Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? by Ashleyadams(f): 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2022
sirrotex:
I doubt you would be required to pay for the hotel accommodation before your visa comes out
Thanks.
I checked booking.com and it let's me book and cancel 24 hours before my arrival date for free so I'll be using it.
Re: Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? by sirrotex: 11:34pm On Apr 21, 2022
That is my preferred site for hotel reservation.
Ashleyadams:

Thanks.
I checked booking.com and it let's me book and cancel 24 hours before my arrival date for free so I'll be using it.
Re: Visa Application: Do I Need To Pay For My Hotel Reservation? by Ashleyadams(f): 3:56am On Apr 22, 2022
sirrotex:
That is my preferred site for hotel reservation.
Good to know. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Being Gay With Fear Of Discrimination Not Enough Reason To Seek Asylum – UK / Plans To Japa / Do These Foreign Embassies Have Any Conscience At All ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.