Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet (3663 Views)

Made In Nigeria Armour Cars, Jeep Etc-yoruba Man / The Soldiers Without Enough Weapons To Fight Boko Haram / 15 Soldiers Without Enough Weapons Killed By Boko Haram In Take Over Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by KnowAll(m): 8:11am On Jul 08, 2011
IN THE YEAR 2011, abi na 1970 we still dey for Naija. How can we in this day and age send men and women into arms way without adequate Body Armour for the Soldiers, the Police and Navy Personnel recently deployed. Is this not a 'death wish deployment', why would police and other security personnel not run away the moment they hear or perceive the aroma or scent of " Boko Haram" radicals 10 miles away. I studied by looking at those death photographs critically of those unforthunate Police Officers, many if not all of them would have been alive if they had 'a standard issued Body Armour or Helmet', what kind of country is ours that treats her citizen with such a disdain, on the one hand they are paying roguehish salary to our legislatures who are currently consuming a quarter of the national budget yet they cannot give a simple body armour to her security personnel.   

If I was a member of any of our forces my morale would be in the doldrums. Can Mr President sort out this mess. It is a shame. Look at this picture below, Army personnel deployed to Maiduguri with flat wide brim hats and no body armour, one would have mistaken this lot for a tourist if not for their identical camoflague uniform.  undecided

http://www.rfi.fr/actuen/articles/115/article_4568.asp
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by KnowAll(m): 8:15am On Jul 08, 2011
http://newshopper.sulekha.com/uganda-troops_photo_959364.htm

Ugandan Troops in Somalia well kitted for the Job in hand. Na wah for Naija undecided
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by werepeLeri: 8:17am On Jul 08, 2011
This is a complete lie. Even the Soldiers guarding barracks in Abuja come clothed with full body armour.
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by KnowAll(m): 8:23am On Jul 08, 2011
This is a complete lie. Even the Soldiers guarding barracks in Abuja come clothed with full body armour

Pictures don't lie my friend, I am seriously getting fed up with a Commander-IN-Chief sending our young men and women to sure death without the minimal provision for these people. Those soldiers wearing body armour in Abuja are the ones looking after politicians and top brass of the army or Police, meanwhile those deployed to the 'thearte which Maiduguri' is now are left on their own.
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by KnowAll(m): 8:39am On Jul 08, 2011
http://www.eagleenstyle.com/2011/07/04/military-task-force-arrests-6-over-maiduguri-blast/

See Soldiers who want to restore hope, no body armour, no helmet any body can fire a .28 pistol at these fools at it would do damage to them.
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by Jakumo(m): 8:52am On Jul 08, 2011
KnowAll:

http://www.eagleenstyle.com/2011/07/04/military-task-force-arrests-6-over-maiduguri-blast/

See Soldiers who want to restore hope, no body armour, no helmet any body can fire a .28 pistol at these fools at it would do damage to them.

Ahem.  There is no .28 weapon caliber in existence anywhere .    Perhaps you meant to say a .22, a .38, or a .45, all of which do exist as handgun rounds.
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by KnowAll(m): 9:01am On Jul 08, 2011
thanks, Jakumo

a .22 being a long time I read James Hardly Chase
. grin
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by KnowAll(m): 9:09am On Jul 08, 2011
In the first picture, counting from right to left “the fifth person”, I just spotted a clown, na who sew this uniform for this chap, I hope it was not ‘Patience Jonathan’ , I hear say she be sewing mistress. lipsrsealed

Look at a soldier that wants to fight Boko Haram, dem go just use this one head do ‘isewu’
undecided
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 08, 2011
Na lie, those people na Man-O-War boys, dem dey practice. Look well, one soja dey wit dem, dat 1 cary/wear helmet and body armour!
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by GAR3TH(m): 1:55pm On Jul 08, 2011
The pictures posted are of soldiers in either basic or conditioning training. In other words they are not in combat.

I dont know why those newspapers will associated does pictures with those articles.

The one with the police, well that explainable.
----
Pictures below are Nigerian cadets training, No body armour is required in training:

Photos by Nigerian defense academy

Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by werepeLeri: 7:19pm On Jul 08, 2011
Dont mind the know alls who turn out to know nothing.
Re: What The Fxck Is Wrong With Nigeria-Soldiers Without Body Armour Or Helmet by KnowAll(m): 10:18am On Jul 10, 2011
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/photo/gallery/090727/GAL-09Jul27-2365/media/PHO-09Jul27-171982.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/gallery/2009/07/27/GA2009072701281.html&usg=__OkKe5yqxjUM8DbmrVwcJ1HwxaS8=&h=471&w=628&sz=181&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=vGu5rE3pVTAcHM:&tbnh=170&tbnw=227&ei=DW0ZTvvEHIKGhQeMnqXMBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3DGeneral%2BMaina%2Bin%2BMaiduguri%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rlz%3D1G1ASUT_ENUK440%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D667%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=204&vpy=109&dur=249&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=110&ty=75&page=1&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&biw=1366&bih=667

Genral Maina with troops in Maiduguri, non of the Soldiers with body amour although the one beside the General has a helmet but what does one make off this gentleman's protuding tummy. This Soldier does not look like a fit Soldier with all that Gut. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Do you know Who killed Ambrose Ali? history Re-visited / REVEALED: PDP About To Plant One Of Its Members As A New Speaker / PHOTO: Fashola Allegedly Impregnates Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.