Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria (67768 Views)

Tinubu Says He Is Ready For Primaries, Sure Of Winning (Video) / APC Releases New Timetable For Primaries, National Convention / 2019: PDP Begins Sale Of Nomination Forms (cost Of Forms) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by tunapawizzy: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
Penguin2:

Good analysis
But asking if our destiny is tied to either APC or PDP is senseless.
There’s need for us to be more realistic than idealistic.
A vote for any mushroom party, no matter how good their candidate is, is a vote for APC.
It is stupid to vote for a that only has office in Abuja. These parties have no structure nor agents at polling booths to protect their votes.
So, for me, our mission in 2023 should be to take out APC and then plan how to take out PDP itself if they mess up again.
I agree with you, that has been my position....keep changing them until they have sense...dont reward failure with another term. However, i disagree with you on the other point u raised...it is up to us as a people to protect our vote, not the person we are voting for...when our vote to a right candidate gets stolen by the bad guys...it is not only those mushroom party politicians that will suffer, it is the entire population that will suffer....lets not make it look it is the loss of the "good candidate", everybody go hear am
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by DropsMic(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
jmoore:
Below is the list of what most states in USA charge for a candidate that wants to partake in primaries.

Governor: $5,000.
U.S. Senate: $5,000.
U.S. House: $2,500.
State Senate: $1,000.
State House: $500.
Judicial offices: $500.
Countywide elected offices: $100.
County Commission or Constable: $25.

Let's compare one state in USA and a country called Nigeria.

GDP of Texas 2021: 2.0 Trillion dollars
Budget of Texas 2021: 261.5 billion dollars.
Presidential aspirants in Texas pay a $5,000 filing fee.

GDP of Nigeria 2021: 446.9 billion dollars
Budget of Nigeria 2021: 23.3 billion US dollars (13.6 trillion naira)
APC presidential form: 170,940 US dollars (100 million naira)

Compare that to a poor country called Nigeria. APC decided to set the price of governorship at $85,470 (50 million naira). That is 16 times more than what is paid in USA. While that of president set at 170,940 US dollars (100 million naira) is 34 times more than what is paid in USA.

Until INEC sets a REASONABLE limit on how much political parties can charge, this ridiculous trend will continue.

Are our destinies tied to APC and PDP?
Many are complaining that these top two parties are disenfranchising young candidates with their prices. We have more younger people than old people. If only many Nigerians think like me, APC and PDP would have been abandoned for a long time. But most of the electorates love 'abusive relationship'.

If in other countries, a young person can win an election with a unpopular party, why can't it happen in Nigeria?

We are blacks
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by ALFADOS(m): 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
If you no get money hide your face
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by ajayiopy: 1:56pm On Apr 22, 2022
jmoore:
Below is the list of what most states in USA charge for a candidate that wants to partake in primaries.

Compare that to a poor country called Nigeria. APC decided to set the price of governorship at $85,470 (50 million naira). That is 16 times more than what is paid in USA. While that of president set at 170,940 US dollars (100 million naira) is 34 times more than what is paid in USA.

Until INEC sets a REASONABLE limit on how much political parties can charge, this ridiculous trend will continue.

Many are complaining that these top two parties are disenfranchising young candidates with their prices. We have more younger people than old people. If only many Nigerians think like me, APC and PDP would have been abandoned for a long time. But most of the electorates love 'abusive relationship'.

If in other countries, a young person can win an election with a unpopular party, why can't it happen in Nigeria?

IF YOU LIKE DEY PRAY FOR NIGERIA.
PLAN YOUR LIFE AND CUT OUT

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Keephope: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Majority of voters in nigeria are in rural areas, they only know APC and PDP because other parties don't have enough funds money to campaign to where they are. even some educated voters are also tie to APC and PDP.

jmoore:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Phaantom22: 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
You see why nothing good will come out of this contraption except we separate the goats from the sheep's? The so called leaders who are wicked and satanic in nature will never allow something good or meaningful to happen in this country, now electoral bill is out have you heard anything about electronic voting? Simply because they don't want transparency. cry
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by seguntijan(m): 1:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
This analysis is not correct, you can only compare Texas Nomination form with INEC Nomination form.
What's happening in APC is a party affairs and if you're not a member of the party I don't know why you should be bothered. The uproar should come if such price is coming from INEC. Let's be rational for once

4 Likes

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by chccho(m): 1:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
jmoore:

OP my question is why are u comparing a state and a whole country? Why wasnt the cost of American presidential ticket stated
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by vRendoh(m): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2022
Just lock all the oil wells, no more oil, everybody brain go reset. The gragra and kolo na because of the cheap oil dollars. Once somebody sabi use market woman calculator he dreams of becoming a president because that's all it takes. The formula is production per day times the narket price of oil per barrel.
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Ninobran90(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
ElohimShenRa:

Sorry mate, nobody from the South East will EVER rule Nigeria.

You know it, I know it, Everybody know it - I am just the only Oracle saying it out aloud.

What a man sows, he shall reap in multiple folds. You cannot sow guava and expect to harvest pineapple - Never!

My advice to your people is to embrace Biafra “wholeheartedly” and start living the dream.

Do not put one leg in the “Zoo” fighting for its Presidency and the other leg in Biafra killing your people like cockroaches.

You are the greatest idiot that is living on Earth.
Who are you to factum such garbages?
You will be clothed in shame when an Igbo man mounts there as the President. I won't say you won't live to see it like Elisha said to the palace maid that doubted his prophecy. You will surely live to see it and confess to it.

Efulufu like you.

Thief Tinubu brainwashed animal.

Peter Obi all the way........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by todugo(m): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
desas:
Hnnmm
This is one of many reason this country is a state capital of corruption

Because you want to recover all your fund your once you get into office.

Yet no Leader can see that as a means for fight against Corruption is such grammar truly exists
Recover and also have bulk of looted funds that they will ship abroad.
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by jimcaddy(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nice write up, but you see Nigeria, corruption and greed has eaten so deep into the society. Everyone is corrupt. These old cargos will just not relinquish power because of how sweet and lucrative being a politician in Nigeria is. They are not there to serve us. Only there to satisfy themselves, their immediate family members, friends and to settle Political scores. It's sad that even the young ones will rather go behind and collect money from ApC and PDP leaders to gather support for them. We sell our conscience for money in this Nigeria. In Nigeria, it is all about money. Until we change our mindset individually and collectively, this merry-go-round will continue and we will either keep complaining or do passport and Japa
jmoore:

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Padipadi(m): 2:02pm On Apr 22, 2022
BigRocky:
Aspirants would buy ticket for millions and you expect them not to loot when they get into office.

That's exactly what I said.
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Asianjollof007: 2:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'll keep saying it, the politics we practice gives room for corruption. This country won't get better until we amend things.
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Fantasticcc: 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
ElohimShenRa:

You know it, I know it, Everybody know it - I am just the only Oracle saying it out aloud.

What a man sows, he shall reap in multiple folds. You cannot sow guava and expect to harvest pineapple - Never!

My advice to your people is to embrace Biafra “wholeheartedly” and start living the dream.

Do not put one leg in the “Zoo” fighting for its Presidency and the other leg in Biafra killing your people like cockroaches.
And yet your and your father's are dying like cockroaches making them stay...An average Igbo man wants Biafra but Parasites who can't leave without them won't accept
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Elgonzalo: 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nigerians and cock and bull talks... Elections in the US are the most expensive in any part of the earth. In the 2016 election, hilary Clinton used over $1bn during that election. Nigerians just swallow every trash they see online

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Onyeziokwu(m): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
jmoore:

God bless you for this post mate!

I keep telling people this, Nigerians living in Nigeria are the problem of Nigeria.

Imagine a poor country pegging her presidential form to #100mil.

Again, Naira is one of the most abused currencies in the world, why em go get value? No way! The way we Nigerians make million(s) so cheap, why won't there be crime in the land and get rich quick syndrome too!

Here in the UK, a Brit can't even see a pound as being worthless not to talk of other higher denominations. Reason, the law has a way to checkmate people and their activities. And down here, most of these people worked for the money unlike one criminal back home who made money through fraud and drug trafficking and the next thing is politics to loot.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by FILEBE(m): 2:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
jmoore:

The bolded alone is all that it is. How can we let put life be revolving around two parties? We have other good candidate at other parties for God's sake, we won't even look there but we eill be checking out lesser devils from both parties.

The day an Underdog is massively elected into the Presidents seat in Nigeria is the day I will be convinced Nigeria has gotten it right
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
Penguin2:

Good analysis

A vote for any mushroom party, no matter how good their candidate is, is a vote for APC.

It is stupid to vote for a that only has office in Abuja. These parties have no structure nor agents at polling booths to protect their votes.

So, for me, our mission in 2023 should be to take out APC and then plan how to take out PDP itself if they mess up again.
Take out APC and PDP? That's the solution? So the politicians in these two parties will forever be tied to the parties they can't defect to a new party? The people in APC now were once PDP members
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Dharmiejoe(m): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:
1 Gallon of petrol for USA na average $5(N2250) which is N562.50 per litre yet for Nigeria, na $0.37 , dat na 37 cents eq. of N165.
Nigeria dey produce like 1.2 million barrels every day while US dey produce like 16.5m barrels. Oil subdidy for naija na scam so make nobody subsidize nomination forms.
OP, abeg copy dis too
before you beat your chest on your analysis,compare the living wage of a Nigerian to an American

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by nony43(m): 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
ElohimShenRa:

What a man sows, he shall reap in multiple folds. You cannot sow guava and expect to harvest pineapple - Never

One day all the other small tribes will protest against the rule of Hausa and Yoruba. Not now but soon
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by okuta007: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2022
jmoore:

I thought the new electoral
law creates a provision for anyone to run for public office without being sponsored by any political party? if it didn’t - why were the ignorant masses rejoicing ?
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by jimyjames(m): 2:18pm On Apr 22, 2022
ElohimShenRa:

Of what benefit is presidency to the Igbos? What a man sows he shall reap, yes the case of Nigeria is a good example of you reap what you sow
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by tegrianonigltd(m): 2:21pm On Apr 22, 2022
VaselineCrew:
I wanted to open a similar topic but you beat me to it.

I know campaigns in USA cost a lot of money, but not the intent to run.

The 100 million price tag is so outrageous, as it shuts out a lot of people from even having any intent to run for office.

Campaign in Nigeria cost a lot too, campaign is all party members contribute and the public, INTENT TO RUN should be low, then the party member choice on merit.

Intent to run, consulting lol billions, Ghana must go bag left right and center, form 100m, before main campaign start, them don spend BLOCK
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Skillsnigeria: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
Vision-less country
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by msrcusgarvey6(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2022
There are other old and emerging democracies to fancy but we are colonially tied to UK and their older colonises that have perfected the experiments. What do we have in India, Spain, Kenya, Greece, Armenia, Poland. Of course they have decent democracies with modest history less than 60 years history
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Tlagrules: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2022
I have often asked the same question and i always get disappointing answers. Nigeria sha
jmoore:

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by oneMalik: 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2022
Irrelevant issues ..... if you become Nigeria president today we may even stone you so save your energy.

all Nigerians are the same , quote me anywhere !

This is country where citizens fight themselves just to get a political CUP OF RICE or T-SHIRT ..... if they like let it be 2billion for just ordinary form I don't f****kin care cos you're still gonna collect from them and start blaming them for poor governance .

A country where citizens sold their birth rite to cook a pot of soup . if you don't take money from politicians they'll be afraid of you cos you have every rite to re-call any motherfucker who is not doing well in the office but .... what do I even know .

A country where citizens prefer a fellow with money but without idea to another fellow with good idealogy but without money...... you're now comparing us with people that choose their leaders on MERIT .

let's change our country by charing productive and educative post online and stop killing our brains with all these provocative ones . on that I stand .

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by Fearyourcreator: 2:41pm On Apr 22, 2022
Penguin2:

Good analysis

What are you saying ....
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by blowjohn(m): 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
I wish someone like maduka or e money or any of these rich young billionaires that waste money anyhow can sponsor a young candidate so that we leave apc and pdp
Re: Cost Of Nomination Form For Primaries: Texas In USA Vs Nigeria by MedicH: 2:50pm On Apr 22, 2022
Penguin2:

Good analysis

Only a blatant fool does the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Who Tattooed Tinubu's Face: "My Husband Has Chased Me Out Of The House" / Aso Villa Shut Down As Kyari Tests Positive, Shehu, Others Self-Isolate / I Can’t Disclose Buhari’s Health Status – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.