Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner (1877 Views)

Wike: I’m Inviting Tinubu To Rivers To Inaugurate Projects / Wike: I’m Inviting Tinubu To Rivers To Inaugurate Projects / Wife Tears South-East Governor Shirt In Public For Inviting Mistress - TheYesng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by PrinceOfLagos: 7:17am On Apr 22, 2022
First Lady, Aisha Buhari has been criticized for inviting 2023 presidential aspirants for dinner.

Reno Omokri, a socio-political commentator, said Aisha lacked moral or constitutional authority to summon anyone.

Aisha, who recently returned from her base in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, had invited all the presidential aspirants to an Iftar dinner at the Presidential Villa.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Governor Nyesom Wike, Governor Yahaya Bello, Peter Obi, Adewole Adebayo, Bukola Saraki, Bala Mohammed, Aminu Tambuwal, Chibuike Amaechi, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, among others, numbering seventeen, were invited for dinner.

The event will be held on Saturday.

The aspirants were asked not to attend the dinner with their mobile devices and that their invitation cards would serve as their entry pass.

The Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the First Lady, Aliyu Abdullah, clarified that it is a standard protocol for guests at events in the President Villa to be requested not to go in with phones.

Reacting, Omokri, in a series of tweets via his Twitter handle, on Thursday night, said any presidential aspirant that accepts Aisha’s summon is not a man and should not be voted for.

He tweeted: “I don’t know about other aspirants, but I can assure Nigerians that Atiku Abubakar will never attend this event, or any other summons disguised as an invite by Aisha Buhari. Imagine the audacity! Phones are not allowed? Is Aisha herself allowed? Tufiakwa! Nonsense!

“Any Presidential aspirant that accepts this summons by Aisha Buhari, disguised as an invitation, is not a man and should not be voted for. Aisha lacks moral or constitutional authority to summon anyone. A woman whose husband described as belonging to his other room?”

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/22/2023-aisha-buhari-under-fire-for-inviting-tinubu-osinbajo-wike-others-for-dinner/
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Amerengues2: 7:19am On Apr 22, 2022
Hmm!

Reno Omokri latching on every piece of news like he has no other job! So I ask, what moral justification does he have to foist Atiku on people?

It is a shame that Mr Polymath, Mr Know-all is routing for an Atiku whose antecedents reeks of corruption and insubordination.

What moral justification does he have to tell other aspirants not to attend? What if Atiku himself attends?

Reno Omokri, though sometimes has a point but he is an unrepentant rabble-rouser whose impishness and pettiness is always laid bare each time any news is posted.

Let's wait and see why Aishat summoned them. It is in the decision of any of them not to attend. I haven't seen her do something like this before.

We should be careful of what we say In a country that has fissiparous tendencies to break; Reno isn't any different from Wasiu Ayinde, Pasuma and the rest; singing praises of their master.

Flunky Reno, himself, hasn't shown any signs that he isn't Atiku' minion who grovel at his feet for crumbs. Sell your candidate and stop dissing others. Is that hard to do?

All politians in Nigeria aren't Saint but we must look for the lesser evil if we don't have options

Modified: As much as there isn't any constitutional right for Aishat to tell the VP not to come with his phone, it's the VP' that needs to show his worth by not attending.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Truthisunique2: 7:19am On Apr 22, 2022
The woman can summon or invite those men after all she have summoned Tinubu to her book launch before

The only issue is she shouldn't summon anyone to the presidential villa because she has no jurisdiction over Aso villa
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by PrinceOfLagos: 7:20am On Apr 22, 2022
I know that if other invitees refuses to honour the invitation, Tinubu must surely go shaa just to feel among And snap pictures that he will use to lie to people that Aisha Buhari endorsed him

That's how low Tinubu ha sunked

10 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Truthisunique2: 7:22am On Apr 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
I know that if other invitees refuses to honour the invitation, Tinubu must surely go shaa just to snap feel among And lie to the people that Aisha endorsed him

Aisha no even need to whisper his name before he run go there

Any avenue to snap and call it trophy endorsement na him the man dey find now

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by cherishmichael: 7:24am On Apr 22, 2022
Hmmm.
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by donphilopus: 7:26am On Apr 22, 2022
Truthisunique2:
The woman can summon or invite those men after all she have summoned Tinubu to her book launch before

The only issue is she shouldn't summon anyone to the presidential villa because she has no jurisdiction over Aso villa

PrinceOfLagos:
I know that if other invitees refuses to honour the invitation, Tinubu must surely go shaa just to feel among And snap pictures that he will use to lie to people that Aisha Buhari endorsed him

Tinubu seems so special though. If not, seventeen aspirants were invited and the topic isn't even about Tinubu, but you guys have started attacking Tinubu as usual. Na so una go wail till 2031 because his portraits would be hung in your offices from may 29th 2023 to May 29th 2031 and there's nothing you guys can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by BigRocky: 7:28am On Apr 22, 2022
This omokri self,na madness remain for am.
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Vinstel: 7:28am On Apr 22, 2022
All APC candidates will attend, nobody go wan offend madam this close to the primaries.
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Truthisunique2: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2022
donphilopus:

Tinubu seems so special though. If not, seventeen aspirants were invited and the topic isn't even about Tinubu, but you guys have started attacking Tinubu as usual. Na so una go wail till 2031 because his portraits would be hung in your offices from may 29th 2023 to May 29th 2031 and there's nothing you guys can do about it.
lol

Satan is very popular in this world too so that makes him special Abi?

Nigerians would continue to grind tilumbu like tomatoes because he created the vehicle called APC, for the destruction of this country

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by MajesticKris: 7:33am On Apr 22, 2022
Muslims Never follow what their wife's says... cus she's meant only for the other Room...

I know PETER OBI WON'T ATTEND SUCH...

How many time's Buhari Don Follow us Hold Easter SUNDAY SERVICE

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by PrinceOfLagos: 7:34am On Apr 22, 2022
Lalasticlala
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Mokason288(m): 7:34am On Apr 22, 2022
[s]
donphilopus:

[/s]
Please STFU your ancestor is contesting a seat you ought to be contesting and you see nothing wrong about it

ANU OFIA

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Cubalabloo(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2022
Let's pray earnestly that our dear VP is not poisoned in the course of the meeting of those evil men. I have zero trust for those evil dogs.
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by illicit(m): 7:35am On Apr 22, 2022
What does Rhino do for a living other than eat and shit grass pls
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by donphilopus: 7:45am On Apr 22, 2022
Mokason288:
[s][/s]
Please STFU your ancestor is contesting a seat you ought to be contesting and you see nothing wrong about it

ANU OFIA

Is he stopping you from contesting?

Why not support your younger aspirant and let me support my ancestor according to you, in peace?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Help2020: 7:57am On Apr 22, 2022
Amerengues2:
Hmm!

Reno Omokri latching on every piece of news like he has no other job! So I ask, what moral justification does he have to foist Atiku on people?

It is a shame that Mr Polymath, Mr Know-all is routing for an Atiku whose antecedents reeks of corruption and insubordination.

What moral justification does he have to tell other aspirants not to attend? What if Atiku himself attends?

Reno Omokri, though sometimes has a point but he is an unrepentant rabble-rouser whose impishness and pettiness is always laid bare each time any news is posted.

Let's wait and see why Aishat summoned them. It is in the decision of any of them not to attend. I haven't seen her do something like this before.

We should be careful of what we say In a country that has fissiparous tendencies to break; Reno isn't any different from Wasiu Ayinde, Pasuma and the rest; singing praises of their master.

Flunky Reno, himself, hasn't shown any signs that he isn't Atiku' minion who grovel at his feet for crumbs. Sell your candidate and stop dissing others. Is that hard to do?

All politians in Nigeria aren't Saint but we must look for the lesser evil if we don't have options
I stopped reading your post half way. I'm not a fan of reno but what constitutional power does Aisha has to ask VP not to come with his phone? And to make sure he comes with IV? Is that not an insult to the office of the VP? Talking about Atiku's corruption you mentioned I subscribe to your view on that,but why don't you say the same thing on tinubu?
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Amerengues2: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2022
Help2020:

I stopped reading your post half way. I'm not a fan of reno but what constitutional power does Aisha has to ask VP not to come with his phone? And to make sure he comes with IV? Is that not an insult to the office of the VP? Talking about Atiku's corruption you mentioned I subscribe to your view on that,but why don't you say the same thing on tinubu?

Simply because he promotes Atiku. Perhaps, you perceived that to have come from pro-Tinubu. Naaaa! I am not pro-Tinubu. He constantly promote Atiku.

To answer the Aishat constitutional power, it is left for the aspirants to honour it or not. She never coerced or promise to kill them if they don't attend. By the way, it's doesn't sound well to ask VP not to come with his phone. It is now the VP that should show his worth by not attending.

Just from an objective point of view please
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by PrinceOfLagos: 8:03am On Apr 22, 2022
Help2020:

hmm
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by SmartPolician: 8:51am On Apr 22, 2022
“Any Presidential aspirant that accepts this summons by Aisha Buhari, disguised as an invitation, is not a man and should not be voted for. Aisha lacks moral or constitutional authority to summon anyone. A woman whose husband described as belonging to his other room?”

Reno Omokri is wrong here. She's the wife of the president and can invite anyone she wants. Just before considering ego, remember she's human and someone's mother and wife.
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Perfectbeing(m): 9:01am On Apr 22, 2022
Help2020:

The VP and other invitees have the right not to attend. Aisha has every right to tell not not not attend with their phone. It's left for them to accept or reject
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by alanto: 9:05am On Apr 22, 2022
Bleep. I am beginning to dislike this Reno.
The same Atiku that stood in as father for Buhari son on his wedding will not accept Buhari's wife invitation.
Ibo don teach this guy bitter politics.
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by LordIsaac(m): 9:11am On Apr 22, 2022
I know Amaechi will be there grin
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by ruggedtimi(m): 10:18am On Apr 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
First Lady, Aisha Buhari has been criticized for inviting 2023 presidential aspirants for dinner.

Reno Omokri, a socio-political commentator, said Aisha lacked moral or constitutional authority to summon anyone.

Aisha, who recently returned from her base in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, had invited all the presidential aspirants to an Iftar dinner at the Presidential Villa.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, Governor Nyesom Wike, Governor Yahaya Bello, Peter Obi, Adewole Adebayo, Bukola Saraki, Bala Mohammed, Aminu Tambuwal, Chibuike Amaechi, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, among others, numbering seventeen, were invited for dinner.

The event will be held on Saturday.

The aspirants were asked not to attend the dinner with their mobile devices and that their invitation cards would serve as their entry pass.

The Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Office of the First Lady, Aliyu Abdullah, clarified that it is a standard protocol for guests at events in the President Villa to be requested not to go in with phones.

Reacting, Omokri, in a series of tweets via his Twitter handle, on Thursday night, said any presidential aspirant that accepts Aisha’s summon is not a man and should not be voted for.

He tweeted: “I don’t know about other aspirants, but I can assure Nigerians that Atiku Abubakar will never attend this event, or any other summons disguised as an invite by Aisha Buhari. Imagine the audacity! Phones are not allowed? Is Aisha herself allowed? Tufiakwa! Nonsense!

https://dailypost.ng/2022/04/22/2023-aisha-buhari-under-fire-for-inviting-tinubu-osinbajo-wike-others-for-dinner/
na atiku go first land...And that isn't a summon...I never see summon wey Dem dey give out invitation card
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by adekolaelect(m): 10:47am On Apr 22, 2022
Help2020:

this one is overrating Oshibojo who is like a boy to the wife of the president in Aso Villa .can your ogas wife call you for a meeting and tell her when and how she go invite you once your oga never directed you not to go?? Even if your oga tell you not to go who born you to tell her you are not going to attend but a diplomatic excuse with lies to move yourself out of the hulk.

Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by BSdetective: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2022
Foolish op.....them no invite obi pandora from what I heard
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by PrinceOfLagos: 10:57am On Apr 22, 2022
BSdetective:
Foolish op.....them no invite obi pandora from what I heard
Foolish reader

Read again

You Tinubu urchins removed Obi , Wike, Amaechi , Saraki from the list to make yourselves feel good but you've been bursted and disgraced yet again
Re: Aisha Buhari Under Fire For Inviting Tinubu, Obi, Osibanjo, Others For Dinner by Truthisunique2: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2022
LordIsaac:
I know Amaechi will be there grin
have she not been the one going to Amaechi house before

Wetin bad if amaechi appear they are very close but not on the ground of a summon

(1) (Reply)

Simon Ekpa : Reaction As Ekpa Demands 10k Dollars From 50 People For 5 Months. / Fact Check: Deji Adeyanju's Claim Of Peter Obi Using Private Jet is false..pics / As Evil As Buhari, He Is 10 Times Better Than Okowa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.