Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,183 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. (602 Views)

What Do We Expect A 40 Year Old Man To Have Achieved In Nigeria? / This Is What Happens When You Neglect Your Children / Is Happy Home By Luck Or Character? Share The Secret Recipe Of Your Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by ofexpryz(m): 9:13am On Apr 22, 2022
Those days parents can confidently say I did not bring Him/Her up like that, I don't know what has come over my child.

Can the parents of these days say same for their children now?

How can u say that when u don't even know how ur children are been brought up because u claim u are working to put food on their table and clothes on their backs?

I think we have forgotten that while making available food and clothing for our family, it is also paramount that we teach them morals.

The question now is, what time do we have to teach our children the way they should go so that when they are old they may not depart from it?

I would like to tell us what I believe the problem is.

When something no matter what it is is designed in a certain kind of way and we who are not the designer want to change the architecture then we are bound to fail.

What am i trying to say here, we as humans have forgotten totally nature's design for the home and in its place brought in our own ways and by that we are failing and failing badly.

Remember that hussle was not meant for the woman but for the man.

I know alot of us have our diverse opinion on the statement above. But whether we like it or not whatever was not designed for a particular situation cannot fit in(a square peg in a round hole will not fit).

Now, the initial design was for the man to go out and hussle, thereby providing for the home and then the woman tends to the home by taking whatever the man provides and use it to run the home.

My advice is if both the man and the woman find themselves providing for the home which is supposed to be the man's duty then, both should also contribute to tending to domestic activities.

What is happening nowadays is far from the original plan and that's why everyone is complaining like they don't know what the issue is.

When both the Man and Woman go out at the same time to hussle what then happens to the kids they both left at home?

We say they hire a nanny to look after them but the nanny is not their Mother neither is she their Father!

We even caution the nanny to leave the aspect of child discipline to us but we are never around. So how do you mould the child into a shape you desire without Discipline?

So many questions that we leave unaswered!

Until we go back to the originator and ask Him for the template of His design, we have not even started.

Life is a game and we just have to abide by the rules.

1 Like

Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by Felimax(m): 9:45am On Apr 22, 2022
Very important observation.

When I was in secondary school some group of people came to our house to complain that I came to their bar and drank without paying and gave them our house address just in case I did not return with their money and fortunately for me it was my mum they met who stood her ground and told them she cannot give birth to a child that is reckless and she swore her life that it cannot be her child, the whole compound was shouting at her that you cannot swear for a grown up child.

She sent for me and when I came the people could not identify me as the person they were accusing. It was very dramatic and funny. Yes, my mum said the name they called was the name of her son but that her child cannot indulge in such reckless life as at that age. She was proud of me because of the moral imbibed in us her children. Real life story.

Eventually, we found out it was our neighbors son and his friends who went to the bar and gave my name and address just in case it goes sour and that ends my friendship with that guy till date, more than twenty years ago.

Parents of nowadays are the number one reason why their children are not well brought up.

3 Likes

Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 22, 2022
It was a 13 year-old sex-worker that was Nigeria's HIV Patient Zero in 1985.

When Notorious Anini was executed for Armed Robbery in the late 80s my father was still a student.

It was in the same 80s that Christian Onoh's daughter was dating his married friend grin

When the 1996 Otokoto riots against incessant ritual killings at Owerri happened my parents didn't meet yet.

So what's the sudden hysteria about parenting?

Educated 13 year olds fucking each other do not kill human beings. There's nothing bad about childhood romance. What's bad is adults sharing their videos.

The young ones who learn religious studies in the streets of Northern Nigeria become terrorists before adulthood and they're the ones that bomb and kill train passengers.

Nigeria's problem is poverty, bad governance, religious intolerance, tribalism and superstition not parenting.
Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by DBestDoc(f): 10:16am On Apr 22, 2022
Felimax:

When I was in secondary school some group of people came to our house to complain that I came to their bar and drank without paying and gave them our house address just in case I did not return with their money and fortunately for me it was my mum they met who stood her ground and told them she cannot give birth to a child that is reckless and she swore her life that it cannot be her child, the whole compound was shouting at her that you cannot swear for a grown up child.

She sent for me and when I came the people could not identify me as the person they were accusing. It was very dramatic and funny. Yes, my mum said the name they called was the name of her son but that her child cannot indulge in such reckless life as at that age. She was proud of me because of the moral imbibed in us her children. Real life story.

Eventually, we found out it was our neighbors son and his friends who went to the bar and gave my name and address just in case it goes sour and that ends my friendship with that guy till date, more than twenty years ago.

Parents of nowadays are the number one reason why their children are not well brought up.

This brought tears to my eyes
You were such an amazing son.
I’m so glad she wasn’t disappointed.

It’s so so unfortunate that the whole society has been messed up starting from the family unit. People don’t even trust themselves, let alone trust another human. Because we have people of loose morals raising other people and churning low quality adults into the society.

I don’t know if it’s the effect of the internet or technology or some other factors. All i know is that the little morals we got left have been deeply eroded.

Parents raise rascals these days, awon woke generation . It’s so scary.
Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by Felimax(m): 10:22am On Apr 22, 2022
DBestDoc:

This brought tears to my eyes
You were such an amazing son.
I’m so glad she wasn’t disappointed.

It’s so so unfortunate that the whole society has been messed up starting from the family unit. People don’t even trust themselves, let alone trust another human. Because we have people of loose morals raising other people and churning low quality adults into the society.

I don’t know if it’s the effect of the internet or technology or some other factors. All i know is that the little morals we got left have been deeply eroded.

Parents raise rascals these days, awon woke generation . It’s so scary.

Thank you very much. I am not loosing guard at all. My mother was like a god to us when we were growing up and I am so proud of both of them. Today she comes to my house and if I am not around my wife takes care of her like her own mother.

We were eight children and the stress we gave her is telling on her now that is why I am hell bent in giving her the best I can afford. I respect real mothers alot.

1 Like

Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by Richy4(m): 10:50am On Apr 22, 2022
Felimax:

I couldn't just help but give your post a like buddy....I got sappy feelings over it...
How many mothers can vouch for their kids nowadays? if they try it, and swears with ogun the god of iron that they taught us in history back then, they will die instantly smiley

2 Likes

Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by UjuJoan2: 10:57am On Apr 22, 2022
Richy4:

I couldn't just help but give your post a like buddy....I got a sappy feelings over it...
How many mothers can vouch for their kids nowadays? if they try it, and swears with ogun the god of iron that they taught us in history back then, they will die instantly smiley

Lol. Funny but true.

As a mother, I can only hope to raise children I will have such faith in. The world we live in today is scary.

1 Like

Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by Richy4(m): 11:34am On Apr 22, 2022
UjuJoan2:

Lol. Funny but true.

As a mother, I can only hope to raise children I will have such faith in. The world we live in today is scary.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
There's this adage I heard in Nollywood way back... They said the mother Chimp says that she will only vouch for the Chimp it has in her tommy (that's the unborn ones) She can never vouch for the one she's carrying on her back because she's not aware if it has reached out and plucked some fruit off the tree while on her back. cheesy..

1 Like

Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by Karleb(m): 11:35am On Apr 22, 2022
My mum's friend, a vice principal and widow has only 3 children.

2 girls, one boy.

The oldest girl is 24 and they both live off their boyfriends. This woman doesn't pay rent but she deliberately suffers her children for reasons I don't understand.

She always refers her children to their boyfriends, this woman is a member of MFM, a church you can't enter with spaghetti top.

My point is, a lot of us are not psychologically fit to parent more than one child at most. It's not even about the finance.
Re: We Neglect These Things But Expect A Happy Home. by UjuJoan2: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2022
Richy4:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
There's this adage I heard in Nollywood way back... They said the mother Chimp says that she will only vouch for the Chimp it has in her tommy (that's the unborn ones) She can never vouch for the one she's carrying on her back because she's not aware if it has reached out and plucked some fruit off the tree while on her back. cheesy..

grin

(1) (Reply)

Do You Recognize Them? / Please I Need A Job / Where Can I Flex My Mom In Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.