Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

What Are The Disturbing Facts Of The Movie The Passion Of The Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Disturbing Facts Of The Movie The Passion Of The Christ? (354 Views)

Celebrating The Christ In Christmas / Seminarian Slumped And Died While Acting Passion Of Christ Drama In Imo (photo) / When Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Is Disturbing You For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Disturbing Facts Of The Movie The Passion Of The Christ? by bennytrips27(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2022
The Passion of the Christ is America's highest-grossing R-rated film of all time with $370.8 million! Worldwide, it grossed $611 million. More importantly, it has reached many souls across the world. Mel Gibson paid $30 million out of his own pocket for the production because no studio would take over the project.

“Mel Gibson warned Jim that the character would be very difficult and that if he accepted, he could be marginalized in Hollywood. Caviezel asked for a day to think about it and his response was, "I think we have to do this, even if it's difficult." And another thing, my initials are J.C. and I'm 33 years old. "I hadn't noticed until now."

Mel responded with a sincere, "You're scaring me."

During filming, Jim Caviezel (playing Jesus) lost 20 pounds, was struck by lightning, accidentally whipped twice, leaving a 14-inch scar, dislocated his shoulder, and suffered from pneumonia and hypothermia from hanging nearly naked from a cross for several hours outside.

His body was so stressed and exhausted from playing the role that she had to undergo 2 open heart surgeries after production. The crucifixion scene alone took 5 weeks out of 2 months of shooting.

“I don't want people to see me. I just want them to see Jesus. Through this conversions will occur.” Almost like an advertisement, many strange things happened, Pedro Sarubbi, who played Barabbas, when playing this role felt that it was not Caviezel who was looking at him, but Jesus Christ himself. "His eyes held no hatred or resentment for me, only mercy and love."

Luca Lionello, the artist who played Judas, was an outspoken atheist before filming began. When he was finished, he was converted, confessed, and baptized his children. One of the technical chiefs who was a Muslim also converted to Christianity.

Some producers claimed to have seen people dressed in white giving advice, which at the end of the recordings did not appear again.
Re: What Are The Disturbing Facts Of The Movie The Passion Of The Christ? by Hismasterpiece(m): 4:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Re: What Are The Disturbing Facts Of The Movie The Passion Of The Christ? by Maynman: 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2022
We have people that have played harder roles, you playing victim won’t work.
Re: What Are The Disturbing Facts Of The Movie The Passion Of The Christ? by Jokerman(m): 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2022
Part 2 is on the way.

The resurrection of the Christ

(1) (Reply)

His There Hausa Christian In Nigeria / Dr. Sam Adeyemi / No, Yul Edochie. You Can't Use The Bible To Justify Your Polygamy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.