Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, (705 Views)

3-Page List Of Marriage Items By A Nigerian Family / Adorable Four Generations Photos Of A Nigerian Family / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by phoneport(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
There is a bride price list currently circulating on social media and it is believed that a Nigerian family may have issued it to a prospective in-law
The list has made many social media users to shout in disbelief because of the number of items the family is demanding for their daughter
According to the list sighted by Legit.ng, the in-law will have to path with N2.1m cash, 10 bags of onion, 100 tubers of yam, 4 gallons of palm oil, and more
What many has described as an outrageous bride price list has been seen trending on the internet.

Photo credit: Twitter/@its_yorubaboy, and Getty Images/Hope Agbadahun.

Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Malory: 3:01pm On Apr 22, 2022
Rubbish. Hungry family

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Megatrix: 3:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
And they even said it's the short bride price list oh, how will the long list now be?
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Nuelzi: 3:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
Hunger no dey look face grin
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Rastaramsey(m): 3:09pm On Apr 22, 2022
Imagine lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Poverty is the real disease undecided undecided

Even though parents suffered to raise their children, that doesn't mean they should demand this extravagant stuff undecided undecided

Some of those children might have be bleeped with one indomitable and two eggs.....

No be me go pay that kind money for a hoe...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 22, 2022
I'll gladly pay whatever my virgin bride's parents demand when I'm ready for marriage. I'll even pay 10x more to honour her grin. I'll buy her daddy a Rolls-Royce Spectre and her mummy a Mercedes and boxes of fine jewelries.

Where I come from, the traditional wedding ceremony is done at the Bride's compound. It is the Bride's parents that are to hire entertainers, decorate the venue and provide a conducive space and tasty meals for guests.

Brideprice isn't a pricetag on one's daughter. It is simply money from the groom's family to the bride's family to support the hosting of a successful wedding ceremony.

It is a wicked and shameless groom that will go to his bride's house with his relatives and friends to eat delicious African delicacies without bringing anything to the table. The irony is that it is the boys who mock girls for not bringing anything to the table or for coming to dates empty-handed that want to go to their in-laws empty-handed. THIEVES!

The only injustice in the system is that a daughter has to drop the name of her father who gave her life, a future through education and who will always love her more than any man for a husband who sees her as an achievement on his wish list cry
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Beremx(f): 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
This one is called Poverty Alleviation Bride Price List.
I faint on behalf of the groom

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Naijanascam: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2022
Maybe this is a joke .......or written by one weed smoker
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by GooodHardDick: 3:34pm On Apr 22, 2022
Poverty has dealt with this family no be small.

They've been obviously looking for a way to cash out massively from whoever wants to marry their over used evening newspaper daughter
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 23, 2022
No wonder some men get mean when they marry these women and that’s where they vent their anger, hence domestic violence in some families.

Some women are really for sale sha.

Men pay for wedding, pay for bride price, financially carry his family, the wife’s family and when they have problem in future you’ll hear the woman calling their children “her children” and even when they divorce, they’ll still want to give custody of the children to the mother.

In marriage, only the woman marries, the man carries. Smh
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Ishilove: 4:01am On Apr 23, 2022
Junk blogging.
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by yuping(m): 5:32am On Apr 23, 2022
lipsrsealed short bride price, hand me the long one I'm very rich.
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by iamyemiakins(m): 8:24am On Apr 23, 2022
Wen no be say person wan marry the whole females in the family
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Nezzjnr: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2022
Bloggers
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by Mindlog: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2022
Anyone could have written that 'list' and have it uploaded to catch cruise.
Re: Nigerian Family Demands 10 Bags Of Onion, N2.1m Cash, 100 Yams For Bride Price, by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:17pm On Apr 23, 2022
Who does that? They are thieves

(1) (Reply)

One Of My Worries For The Kids When We Relocated From Nigeria To UK / Facts About Men /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.