Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,176 members, 7,957,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:05 PM

Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo (368 Views)

Peter Obi: Nigeria Needs Leaders With Genuine Identity, Verified Credentials / Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country / Obasanjo Names Salisu Buhari, Tinubu And Atiku As Leaders Who Failed Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo by favorite1234: 9:59pm On Apr 22, 2022
Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo

By Shina Olabisi

The leaders Nigeria deserves are those who deeply care about the common man and the progress of the nation.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo stated this on Friday in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital when he paid a courtesy calll in His Imperial Majesty, the Olubadan of Ibadan land, Oba Lekan Balogun Ali-Iwo Okunmade II at his palace.

Prof. Osinbajo was in the state to interact with stakeholders of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and seek their support towards his presidential aspiration.

The VP had on Monday, April 11, 2022 declared to contest the next year's presidential election to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari on the platform of the APC.

Later, the Vice President interacted with APC party leaders and delegates in Oyo State at an impressive event where his speech was often interrupted with singing as the audience kept bursting out in festive renditions of different political lyrics welcoming the VP's emergence and expressions of support for him.

According to him, "in the 7 years that I have been involved, because the President considered it the right thing to do and, in his generosity, and openness, he gave me every opportunity to serve including sensitive international assignments.

"As you know, I also acted as President during certain periods when the President was away and everything I learnt as acting President has prepared me to run as President of our country.

"God doesn’t make mistakes. God is deliberate in everything He does and by giving me all of these opportunities to understand governance for myself at the highest level of our country, all of it was not just so that I can sit down and write a memoir, no, it was to come handy one day and I believe the time has come.

"I believe that the time has come and I have the responsibility to my country, to you, to all our children and the coming generations to give all of what I have learnt, everything I have learnt, all of the services to be able to give it to our country. To serve our country faithfully and honestly is my intention.

"One advantage I would have is that on day one, I can hit the ground running because I know what it takes."

Other speakers at the event include Senator Teslim Folarin, Chief Niyi Akintola, SAN, Chief, Dr. Jacob Tilley-Gyado and the APC Chairman in Oyo State Hon. Isaac Ajiboye Omodewu who all expressed support for the Vice President’s aspiration.

Akintola in his remarks said "when it comes to the candidacy of Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, there are no factions at all."

On arrival in Ibadan, the Vice President received a rousing reception right from the airport and on the streets by excited residents and people in the State, who came out to welcome him

Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo by rickpat(m): 10:06pm On Apr 22, 2022
are you trying to say your oga buhari doesn't care about the common man or YOU WANT TO CONTINUE IN HIS "CARING FOR COMMON MAN LEGACIES...

harmless question
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo by Toluajas: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2022
I just hope he doesn't change
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo by optionalY09: 10:08pm On Apr 22, 2022
grin
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo by yuping(m): 10:22pm On Apr 22, 2022
undecided trust APC at your own perils.
Re: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Deeply Care About Common Man - Osinbajo by limeta(f): 5:53am On Apr 23, 2022
Vote buying man of God

(1) (Reply)

Explosive Kills Three Soldiers In Katsina / BREAKING NEWS: Watch, Lagos State is for Bola Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu tell Rotimi Ame / Ebonyi Expectant As Umahi Undergoes APC Presidential Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.