Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help (1705 Views)

Court Bars Rivers Govt, Police, DSS From Arresting Members Of Atiku Campaign / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help / IPOB Members Clean Ghana "Gutters", Beg Govt To Release Their Members In Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Maxymilliano(m): 8:05am On Apr 23, 2022
Residents of Ilaje extraction displaced by the communal crisis between them and the Ibeno indigenes in the Ibeno Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have appealed to the state government to come to their aid.

They said they lost everything to the crisis.

Five people were said to have lost their lives, many injured and others still missing while property worth millions of naira were destroyed in the crisis.

Speaking with our correspondent in their camp in the Eket Local Government, the head of the Yoruba community in Ibeno, Chief J. Olala, said there was a minor disagreement with their hosts.

“We have been in this camp for more than two days. As you can see, everything was lost. Even I came out with nothing left, just like displaced persons. Our property and source of livelihood were destroyed,” Olala lamented.

He added, “I can’t tell personally the cause of the crisis. That night, I slept late and around midnight, the village head of Ibeno community called me to say that there was a problem on Ojo Street. I told him it’s too late to come out that night. He urged me to come out, but I insisted that I wasn’t going there.

“Later, some boys came to my house; I saw them talking and shouting. I switched off my light so they wouldn’t know I was around, and then they started destroying my house and I ran away through the back door with my children and wife. We entered our neighbours house around 2am. The incident subsided a little but after some minutes, it resumed so I ran out.

“Throughout the night, I communicated with the chief and he said I should come out and I said I cannot until the following morning. Even in the morning, it continued. One of my sons called to tell me that I should come out. When I came out, he ran to the pole. I tried to talk to them but because of the way they were talking to me, I ran to the church. I cannot really tell you what really happened.

“We need the government to assist us because as of now, many of our people are still indoors. Some are still hiding somewhere. The government should help us. We need the government’s intervention. We need police assistance.’

The youth leader of the Yoruba community, Mr Meduoye Beneth, said he escaped miraculously from the hands of the hoodlums after sustaining a head cut.

Beneth explained that the crisis was triggered by a cult clash among some youths.

Beneth added, “We don’t know the cause of this crisis. I think it’s between some cult groups and others. I cannot really tell what caused the disagreement. But what I know is that while I was in my house with my family, I heard a big bang on the door at exactly 1:30am. I wondered what was going on. I cautioned my wife and children not to move. I covered them with a blanket to prevent the stones thrown from affecting us.’’

“They attacked only Yoruba because they insinuated that the Yoruba must leave and cannot stay. They said if they don’t go in peace, they would go by force. I think it is a planned work. This crisis with cultists has been happening but not to the extent of burning houses.”

https://punchng.com/displaced-yoruba-in-akwa-ibom-crisis-beg-govt-police-for-help/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1650689803

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Kriss216: 8:07am On Apr 23, 2022
. “They attacked only Yoruba because they insinuated that the Yoruba must leave and cannot stay

Yorubas are now behaving like Fulanis, that's why no one want to associate with them again.

Tinubu said Yoruba and Fulani are one... That's where the problem started.

27 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ebubu: 8:12am On Apr 23, 2022
Yoruba people tooo dey migrate shocked

How dem take reach Akwa Ibom become homeless ? shocked

20 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Kriss216: 8:13am On Apr 23, 2022
Ebubu:
Yoruba people tooo dey migrate shocked

How dem take reach Akwa Ibom become homeless ? shocked
There's Fulani blood in them now.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by BloomingDale(f): 8:17am On Apr 23, 2022
Kriss216:
There's Fulani blood in them now.

This is terrible situation to be in. They should stop marrying Fulanis and having kids with them. Europe was a black nation and black civilization until the whites started marrying the blacks that were ruling. The children they bore eventually displaced the blacks, and here we are today.

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Penguin2: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2022
I was surprised to see Yorubas fighting with their host.

This is something you will never hear of the Igbos.

In my long years on earth, I’ve not heard Igbos are fighting with their host anywhere in Nigeria.

Yet we are daily accused of intending to dominate everyone else.

The hypocrisy is coming out.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by SirBlack999(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2022
'IGboS aRE nOt pEaCeFUl' but it is the yorubas always fighting other ethnicity: Fulani, Hausa, now the peaceful people of Akwa Ibom state.

Something must be wrong somewhere. Ndị hydraulic soup

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ekspensive(m): 8:19am On Apr 23, 2022
Youruba and cultist na 5&6

14 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by BloomingDale(f): 8:20am On Apr 23, 2022
Majesty2:
Yoruba should leave their state and we have plenty of them here in Yoruba land, we are patiently watching on how things dey unfold

Ordinary Hausa dey beat una, talk more of a South South person. You go collect. Better pipe down.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ooni: 8:23am On Apr 23, 2022
My people must be trained on the standards of peaceful coexistence with our hosts. There has been over 30 bloody clashes involving Hausa and Yoruba in Lagos alone since 2015. Now it seems this 'toutish' tendency is spreading to south south region, with the recent clashes in Akwa ibom.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by foryourmindlol: 8:24am On Apr 23, 2022
They're begging.

I thought their oba yahoo yahoo said Igbos don't sell land to them.

Awon skull mining yoonity beggars cheesy cheesy

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Sergio103(m): 8:24am On Apr 23, 2022
foryourmindlol:
They're begging.

I thought their oba yahoo yahoo said Igbos don't sell land to them.

Awon skull mining yoonity beggars cheesy cheesy
grin

13 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Bendeco02: 8:25am On Apr 23, 2022
Shey yoruba people in this forum was running mouth that their region is very comfortable for them, that they don't need to migrate to other region for any hustle.

They should return to their honey and milk region na.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Sergio103(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2022
BloomingDale:

This is terrible situation to be in. They should stop marrying Fulanis and having kids with them. Europe was a black nation and black civilization until the whites started marrying the blacks that were ruling. The children they bore eventually displaced the blacks, and here we are today.

There's no logical backing to this sincerely.

I guess it's just ill-assumption to beat the ego of downgraded black folks

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by BloomingDale(f): 8:31am On Apr 23, 2022
Sergio103:
[/b]

There's no logical backing to this sincerely.

I guess it's just ill-assumption to beat the ego of downgraded black folks

Huh? There are thousands of historical records out there. This guy is British and produced a lot of historical facts via documents and artifacts. Just go to his channel. He has so many videos and up and he is quite detailed.

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by BestLife22(m): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2022
Hi friends,
We're still on our home interior decoration adventure, grab your jotter and popcorn cos this is about to get really entertaining yet educative.

Remember that very beautiful flower vase I made for my home?

Here are more creative ways to turn your home into a palace� without spending a dime. Trust me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZPnERHYSw
Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by OFFICIAL336: 8:34am On Apr 23, 2022
Yoruba should respect their host.

If you have been to Akwa Ibom you will find out yourself how hospitable they are.

I don't endorse violence. Let learn to live in peace

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by helinues: 8:35am On Apr 23, 2022
Next time they should learn how to be law abiding citizens outside their region

Where there is no law, there is no sin
Where there is no sin, there is no law

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by cherishmichael: 8:38am On Apr 23, 2022
Nawaaa ooo something is not right somewhere... Even the story narrated there isn't clear, neither was it making sense, how can people you came to stay with eventually, starts an attack for no reason given in the narration and you guy have been in peace with them, please when something happens like this we should try and hear from the two parties cause this one side of the story seems uncompleted.

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Sergio103(m): 8:40am On Apr 23, 2022
BloomingDale:

Huh? There are thousands of historical records out there.

Dear.... it's not as if there ain't black at all.

But to say that blacks where the one settling in European land before the Genetic mutation or more influx of whites is just a hogwash.

How old is human being on planet earth for such mass succession to have taken place sef.

From Quaternary evolution stage hitherto present is just around 1 million years, if not lesser. So how has such little age harboured great succession.

And to mark facts right.......black folks hold little credits to migration in pre colonial times.

So I don't believe such

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2022
Useless youths,see how happy they are at the downfall of another, after they will be shouting racism up and down. Southern Nigerian youths have lost it. In my next life........

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by simpleseyi: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2022
They should all be whipped mercilessly. What are Yorubas doing in Akwa Ibom when all Akwa Ibom indegenes are working as houseboys and house girls in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by simpleseyi: 8:49am On Apr 23, 2022
Kriss216:

Yorubas are now behaving like Fulanis, that's why no one want to associate with them again.

Tinubu said Yoruba and Fulani are one... That's where the problem started.

But Fulanis have been raping your mothers and sisters, but you cannot confront them.

If we start mining the heads of all your sisters and brothers working as houseboys and housegirls in Lagos and Ogun, you will say we are not accommodating

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 8:50am On Apr 23, 2022
I am a certified Afonja but the Akwa-Ibom government should not listen to my fellow Afonjas over there. We dey like to look for trouble but we no get power to fight

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Pakute: 8:58am On Apr 23, 2022
How did trouble start?
When did trouble start?
The report never indicated that Yoruba started any trouble against their host rather a cult related activities and Yorubas were attacked in their homes at night while sleeping.
Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Zooposki(f): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2022

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by cktheluckyman: 9:00am On Apr 23, 2022
Helinues as you can well see we all accommodate ourselves all over the country.Now you see how infantile your stupid threats were!!!

Lagos is not the only state accommodating people in this country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Maxymilliano(m): 9:00am On Apr 23, 2022
The Ilaje's are known to be nomadic due to their fishing profession, which is why they are mostly settlers in riverine areas along the coastline.

2 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by cktheluckyman: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2022
simpleseyi:
They should all be whipped mercilessly. What are Yorubas doing in Akwa Ibom when all Akwa Ibom indegenes are working as houseboys and house girls in Lagos?
They want to be accommodated in Akwa Ibom State

11 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by AderonkeOlaniyi(f): 9:04am On Apr 23, 2022
helinues:
Next time they should learn how to be law abiding citizens outside their region

Where there is no law, there is no sin
Where there is no sin, there is no law

SHUT UP!!!

4 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Sergio103(m): 9:07am On Apr 23, 2022
Zooposki:

There was no genetic mutation. White people were created in a lab via combination of human and animals DNA, especially of the chimpanzee. White people have 98% animal DNA, unlike Subsaharan Africans whom has no animal DNA. The evolution theory is the history of white people only.

I wonder why you don’t mutate when you go live in their land.

You mean people were created in prehistoric period when science and lab ain't in existence??

Or were they just created in 16th or 17 century??

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigerian Press Owes IPOB An Apology For False Reportage / 2023: Osinbajo On Top Priority As APC Govs Meet Over Consensus Candidate / Do Not Be Fooled By The New Found Igbo Patriotism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.