Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help (26184 Views)

Court Bars Rivers Govt, Police, DSS From Arresting Members Of Atiku Campaign / Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help / IPOB Members Clean Ghana "Gutters", Beg Govt To Release Their Members In Return (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by MyopicMods: 5:50pm On Apr 23, 2022
Residents of Ilaje extraction displaced by the communal crisis between them and the Ibeno indigenes in the Ibeno Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State have appealed to the state government to come to their aid.

They said they lost everything to the crisis.

Five people were said to have lost their lives, many injured and others still missing while property worth millions of naira were destroyed in the crisis.

Speaking with our correspondent in their camp in the Eket Local Government, the head of the Yoruba community in Ibeno, Chief J. Olala, said there was a minor disagreement with their hosts.

“We have been in this camp for more than two days. As you can see, everything was lost. Even I came out with nothing left, just like displaced persons. Our property and source of livelihood were destroyed,” Olala lamented.

He added, “I can’t tell personally the cause of the crisis. That night, I slept late and around midnight, the village head of Ibeno community called me to say that there was a problem on Ojo Street. I told him it’s too late to come out that night. He urged me to come out, but I insisted that I wasn’t going there.

“Later, some boys came to my house; I saw them talking and shouting. I switched off my light so they wouldn’t know I was around, and then they started destroying my house and I ran away through the back door with my children and wife. We entered our neighbours house around 2am. The incident subsided a little but after some minutes, it resumed so I ran out.

“Throughout the night, I communicated with the chief and he said I should come out and I said I cannot until the following morning. Even in the morning, it continued. One of my sons called to tell me that I should come out. When I came out, he ran to the pole. I tried to talk to them but because of the way they were talking to me, I ran to the church. I cannot really tell you what really happened.

“We need the government to assist us because as of now, many of our people are still indoors. Some are still hiding somewhere. The government should help us. We need the government’s intervention. We need police assistance

The youth leader of the Yoruba community, Mr Meduoye Beneth, said he escaped miraculously from the hands of the hoodlums after sustaining a head cut.

Beneth explained that the crisis was triggered by a cult clash among some youths.

Beneth added, “We don’t know the cause of this crisis. I think it’s between some cult groups and others. I cannot really tell what caused the disagreement. But what I know is that while I was in my house with my family, I heard a big bang on the door at exactly 1:30am. I wondered what was going on. I cautioned my wife and children not to move. I covered them with a blanket to prevent the stones thrown from affecting us.’’

“They attacked only Yoruba because they insinuated that the Yoruba must leave and cannot stay. They said if they don’t go in peace, they would go by force. I think it is a planned work. This crisis with cultists has been happening but not to the extent of burning houses.”

https://punchng.com/displaced-yoruba-in-akwa-ibom-crisis-beg-govt-police-for-help/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2Pw0NIpwXMlAldBEKIWfyCnkcgI9tk6QpOuRdTqeykPc41h8O9g32vypk#Echobox=1650689803

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by AGNESikpuNNU(f): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ndibunna: 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2022
This man is economical with the truth, cultists operate in most places particularly in the South, they can't just attack you without any reason, probably he is a member or relative of a rival cult group, or belong to the cult disturbing the community, they can't just attack you all and warn you to leave their community. Something is fishy

First you claimed ignorant of the cause of the crisis. Secondly you claimed an altercation between cult groups. Finally you said only the Yorubas were attacked and asked to leave in peace or by force. I think there's something vital the leader of the Yoruba community is not telling us and the reporter didn't help matter.

An Eyewitness wrote

The crisis was caused by two fighting between the indigene of Ibeno and a Yoruba Man so during the process of the fight a Yoruba Man allegedly killed an Ibeno man so that was why the indigenes of the community retaliated and went after Yoruba guys

There are many Ghana Citizens there and they were not attacked there is no smoke without fire

Case end. No smoke without fire.

57 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ndibunna: 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2022
Joezinho:
I read news on this site everyday and, I see how some sick, depraved animals sit in the comfort their homes and attack each other all in the name of tribe.

The ethnic divide has eaten so deep with North, East, West, and South thinking one is superior than the other. Keep up with the borderline hate but, I can assure you that soon you'll sowing the seed of hate will reap from it.

This trash doesn't relate to the news.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by AfonjaTheAfonja: 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
They can run to Ghana refugee camp for refuge since Benin republic is too far for them and Benin republic might not consider them this time around because of Sunday Igboho's controversial detention. Neighbouring country Ghana is too sure cool

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ever8090: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2022
[

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Ever8090: 6:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
Joezinho:

When it hits the front page, it is going to be related to it. So shut your trap, you silly cretin that shares the same single digit I.Q with a peruvian Iguana.
bross, can you pls narrow this English for me to understand, I think it's about insults and it sound melodic but I can't understand the insult in it real sense..

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by allcomage: 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
Could it be the strangers not respecting the host, they always demand undiluted respect to almost worship but they didn't give it to Akwa ibomites who are very peaceful and hospitable.

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Padipadi(m): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
Wait
Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by BoluwatifeNG(f): 6:22pm On Apr 23, 2022
na wa o

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by MAGG0T(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
cheesy

why do I find this funny

5 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by smile11s(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
Chai

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Mugnizospo: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
Udo ka mma o

16 Likes

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by arantess: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
accomodators wetin dey sup

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by englishmart(m): 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
Too bad. Please help them get back to their homes. They need to get back to enjoying amala and ewedu.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by ImoleNaija: 6:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
May peace be restored soon.

englishmart:
Too bad. Please help them get back to their homes. They need to get back to enjoying amala and ewedu.

001spice:
This yoruba people e bi like say una dey craze.una dey our land una still dey fight us.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Balkan(m): 6:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
grin cowards, see the kind of houses these accommodators live in. Makeshift homes. Can't you fight back? A chief that was supposed to come out and save his people but he ran under the bed.
Spits

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2022
I've never known Akwa Ibomites to be violent. I think there's more to this story

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by eedimo(m): 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
I have lived in almost all the states of the federation and I must confess that the Yorubas are the most difficult neighbors you would ever have; not all though cos 7 out of my 10 friends are from that region.

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Displaced Yoruba In Akwa Ibom Crisis Beg Govt, Police For Help by Mooh247: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2022
cool

Ondo State Government should come to their rescue as the closest Southwest governor to them

The thread says Yoruba and Akwa Ibom people had a fight, but it is our noisy neighbours accross River Niger that are wailing all over the thread

Yoruba , Tinubu, Osinbajo news always gives them orgasm, they enjoy masturbatingg to Yoruba news

80 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Unrelated Pictures Used To Falsely Depict Peter Obi's Demolition Of A Mosque / Oyo Governorship Election Results From 27 Of The 33 LGA's / El-Rufai: We Turned Shehu Sani To Blogger, Relocated Hunkuyi To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.