Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent To Buy A Property - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent To Buy A Property (158 Views)

I Need A Hardworking Agent To Sell A Property For Me / Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story / How To Choose The Right Real Estate Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent To Buy A Property by destindd(m): 12:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Are you buying a home or land? Do you still hunt for property to buy? well, chances are you either buy from a real estate agent or a real estate company.

Right?

…That’s right

If you’re buying a property yourself, you can choose between a real estate agent or an agency.

Even though there are pros and cons but one of the pros is that you can choose your broker and you can also negotiate the terms of the contract.

While there are similarities, buying property from a real estate agent requires a background check and biographical history reports.

In fact:

Eystone team did a fantastic job here stating that:

40% of real estate buyers use a real estate agent or realtor to sell or buy a property
And guess what.

Many of today’s successful real estate professionals are estate agents.

And similar reports done by the eystone team show that many people still prefer to use real estate agents as it is more of a professional service.

Also stating that using a real estate agent will help buyers to have a real and complete quote.

But the cost will be different for each property.

In other words,

A real estate agent may perform a variety of functions to sell and one of these functions may be knowing the real estate buyers and sellers and finding that unique combination of information.

The fact is:

…Real estate agents have succeeded in areas such as:

- House
- Hunting
- Homeownership
- Land property
- Selling a property for a profit

And these agents may have several different skills, experiences, and qualifications.

Yet, you can’t still undermine their qualities:

Being able to communicate with buyers and sellers effectively
Be prepared to deal with different personalities.

So, who exactly is a real estate agent?
A real estate agent is a professional who provides a service by which the buyer or seller of a house can be assisted in their purchase or sale.

In a simpler version,

A real estate agent is a person who is charged with finding a suitable buyer for a property.

…The role of the agent is to find a buyer for a property.

Just as the concept of the agent is very much dependent on the industry, the industry is dependent on the real estate agent.

An important piece is that:

Real estate agents are often cited as being the only people capable of giving sellers the best price.

This way, you can choose to work with a real estate agent to obtain a better price.

Now, let’s dive into what brings you here.

What are the precautions to take before choosing an agent?
If you are to pick an estate agent.

First,

You need to ensure you’re not going blindly into the selection process.

Especially when choosing your real estate professional on property needs.

You have to be super careful.

Considering that certain information about your favorite options might be the difference that you are making great returns or you losing out on your entire budget.

So, if you’re interested in certain precautions to make, check out the complete lists below:

Reputable – You have to search for an agent with a good reputation when it comes to working with clients and property searches. If you consider that his track record looks fascinating to guide you on this journey and you realize how well he handles real estate affairs. Then, you can opt-in fully for his service.
Experience level – Well, the higher the experience, the better the expertise. This means when you’re considering an estate agent in experience level. It’s safe to assume that choosing an agent with many years of experience in buying and selling land or a house, it’s a good option.

What are the advantages of working with a real estate agent?
Better use of time:
The good news is:

…If you’re to work with an estate agent, you don’t have to worry about completing all the tasks that come with buying a home or land.

The interesting piece is:

They can help you close a deal quickly with their vast knowledge and experience in the field.

In other words,

They also make sure they ease your work.

In fact:

Investopedia did an awesome job in this super helpful guide, here’s what they said.

Having an agent keeps you one step removed and makes you less likely to make stupid mistakes such as overpricing your home.

That way, you don’t have to spend all your time looking for a place to buy, comparing properties, and finding banks for mortgages.

They help with the practical work.

Knowledge of marketplace development
A licensed real estate agent knows that his business is to stay updated and be aware of current happenings in the property marketplace in a way that you cannot.

This behavior ensures that they make better judgments with placing rate factors and locations.

And in some cases, whereby they don’t no longer have sufficient facts about a certain area.

Yet, they’re better equipped to search and locate what currently happening and they can suggest to you some regions or locations you must keep away from when in search of residence needs.

Source: https://eystone.ng/real-estate-agent/

Cc: Ishilove
Cc: Mynd44
Cc: Lasticlala

Re: Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent To Buy A Property by DorcasAden(f): 12:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
You have a great point here...Many property buyers should look over hiring a real estate agent, to ease the overall process.
Re: Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent To Buy A Property by Wizbab: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2022
That was a good point...but do some real estate agents are well perfect for the job?
That's the question.
Probably someone else can fuel up an answer.
Re: Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent To Buy A Property by MissJemima(f): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
Well said, it's the best to hire a real estate agent especially when you are a new investor
Re: Why Should I Use A Real Estate Agent To Buy A Property by corvell: 12:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
Selling things through right real estate agents has brought cash to many people. I am sure you'll appreciate the opportunity that the Crowdfunding Software for Sale provides. This way has been preferred by many out there now

(1) (Reply)

TO Let:-room Self Contain(s) Very Good @ Somolu, Bariga & Palmgrove, Lagos... / Own A 150 Rooms Hostel / Hotel Capable Rooms On 12 Plot Of Land At Ihiagwu, Ower / Joint Ventures: Location:esugbayi Street,off Ayooka Coker Street,ikeja-gra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.