Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,893 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief (101638 Views)

Memunat And Ola: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wives Were Childhood Best Friends / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi & His Wives At His Daughter's wedding (Photos) / Bode Thomas Died Of Barking After Insulting Alaafin Of Oyo. How True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by SATANICALLY666: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2022
The 18 wives of Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III, the 45th Alaafin of Oyo, may now be available to suitors without undergoing cleansing rituals after the demise of the renowned monarch.

Oba Adeyemi, 83, passed on late Friday after receiving treatments at the Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti and is expected to be buried according to Islamic rites by 4:00 p.m. on Saturday.

Although it is believed in the Yoruba tradition that the wives of the monarchs, either separated or still married are not at liberty to lay with other men until atonements have been made, palace sources told Peoples Gazette that the late Alaafin’s wives may now move on with their normal lives.

While the number of wives remains unclear, the sources told The Gazette that the late monarch had 18 wives. Although this outlet was immediately unable to verify other names.

According to belief, any man who lays with the wife of a monarch faces death. Still, as it is, Oba Adeyemi’s queens, Abibat (first wife), Rahmat Adedayo, Mujidat, Rukayat, Folashade, Badirat Ajoke, Memunat Omowunmi, Omobolanle, Moji, Anuoluwapo, Damilola, Chioma and others are now available for suitors.

“They are not performing any cleansing; They are free to move on with their lives,” he said. Nonetheless, he said. “The wives cannot get married to an indigene of Oyo.”

He added, “Now that Alaafin is dead, they all would be asked to exit the palace with their belongings. Although the properties of the late monarch would be shared among them.”

Mmes Abibat and Rahmat were married to Oba Adeyemi at the time of his coronation on January 14, 1971.

In a 2018 interview with Punch, Oba Adeyemi had said that he never proposed to any of his wives, but instead, they chose to cling to him because he sponsored their education.

“I did not propose to any of my wives. They desired to be with me because I sent them to school. After their university education, I told them to leave but they refused and insisted on staying with me here in the palace as my wives.”

Few years ago, some of his wives, Mmes Damilola, Anuoluwa and Badirat, moved out of the palace over various allegations.

Rumours had it that Mmes Damilola and Anuoluwa, who were in their 20s, left the palace in November 2020 because they wanted freedom. The latter had alleged that she lived in bondage. “It’s not my wish to walk out. I can’t continue to live under bondage. I wish to live, be the best I can for my children,” she said.

While Mrs Damilola soon tendered a public apology, alleging that her friends misled her, Ms Anuoluwapo had her wedding introduction in October 2021.

https://gazettengr.com/alaafin-of-oyos-18-wives-now-available-for-suitors-oyo-chief

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by decatalyst(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2022
Nairalanders, choose your choice grin

Make una leave the newly wedded for me shall...da one never too have anything to do with the baba grin grin grin

239 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by PlayMaker14: 4:27pm On Apr 23, 2022
Up for grabs? All these fairly used bleaching Queens should utilize the little funds they gathered and use it wisely....

Up for grabs indeed.

445 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by NwaNimo1(m): 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
See Erection Election............How much is the form?

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/pvZLhb.gif[/img]

....I would like to contest for the 'yellow' one with 'red' lips.

250 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Busyfeet: 4:28pm On Apr 23, 2022
Lol
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Shetemi12(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2022
Wahala for who no believe in traditional rites.. Climb them and die

213 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Dreal1247: 4:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
After all the things that are highly esteemed by men become things of low value. Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, all other things shall be added into you.

267 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by GooodHardDick: 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
Women are so cheap I swear! grin

I'm not surprised, after all pussy is by far more cheaper than biscuits!

213 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by paramakina202: 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
NwaNimo1:
How much is the form?

[img]https:///media/4-02-2022/pvZLhb.gif[/img]

Go for Chioma!
Go bring back Chioma back home grin

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by pavoda: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2022
grin Seems to like its the same person who did their make up, so they all look alike. Which one of them will be like Tiwa Savage under all that fabric

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Madmohamed123: 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
decatalyst:
Nairalanders, choose your choice grin

Make una leave the newly wedded for me shall...da one never too have anything to do with the baba grin grin grin
please who have phone number for chioma

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Aboks(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2022
He has left his problems behind for someone else to continue from were he stopped

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by fergie001: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm kiss
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2022
All the wives aside the first and maybe the second are all codedly happy about the oba’s demise, they are now free to go explore with reckless abandon �

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Omihanifa: 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
Who this one wan put for trouble undecided

Everyone knows that any girl way king don marry or sleep with nah confirm bad luck.

Any man way go put head go just dey labor in vain. The kind sapa way go hold you ehen.

Before anybody can marry then or even start sleeping with them, a lot of cleansing has to take place.

Wives way don eat and drank fetish stuffs nah him ordinary man go just go enter her TOTO just like that undecided

171 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by KosiGee(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
Where’s that Nairalander whose dad is obsessed with widows??

This is his chance to shine.

Modified…I found him….

@Tonero5200, say hi to your old man…

https://www.nairaland.com/7091560/father-too-much-interest-widows/2#112195966

220 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by juman(m): 5:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
Oyo here I come to grab one.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by nifemi25(m): 5:34pm On Apr 23, 2022
This is a very great opportunity for some people that have been eyeing those Queens. I can assure you, some people are happy on the king demise cos it's an opportunity for them. Congratulations in advance to the next king.. imagine how many people would have been waiting for the king's death for them to becomes the next king.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Mooh247: 5:37pm On Apr 23, 2022
Some people get mind .. one Yahoo boy go don dey toast dem sef

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by kmaster007: 5:42pm On Apr 23, 2022
Who go won beep dem... Thunder no dey joke

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Realist12: 5:44pm On Apr 23, 2022
Trophy wives for politicians and popular business men . I see it as they just graduated from school and going into different fields to see the outside world . Shalom

7 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Zazoopk(m): 5:52pm On Apr 23, 2022
Make una leave traditional rite ,i go use condom to f,uck those wives.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Racoon(m): 5:55pm On Apr 23, 2022
Humn! Post married life women. Well, that is life.They have to move on with their lives.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 23, 2022
Lol any one can serve
Who is with me on this one but I no like stretch marks because they must have it coz na bleaching I dey see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by fourboys: 6:03pm On Apr 23, 2022
I should start my life with an overused goldigin bleached widow? God 4bid... They should wait for womanizing widower

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by AntiBMC(m): 6:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
So all ds young, fine ladies leave young men like us wey blood dey hot, go dey knack ancestor.... Dis life no really balance.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Dollarremix(m): 6:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
Promo grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Veqtor: 6:12pm On Apr 23, 2022
They all look the same to me. Especially the first two on the right and the first on the left. This alaafin really liked them fair... Daz y they nearly kill themselves with bleaching.

32 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Unzerious: 6:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
What Happened to Un-Married Ladies? Shey dey don Finish ni

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Ikea81: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2022
You mean men can now go for these vipers who cause of their love for money killed this young king at 83. Okay o, me I wash my hand

14 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo’s 18 Wives Now Available For Suitors - Oyo Chief by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 23, 2022
Wow . those two on the right side looks like Bobrisky

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration / I Want To Learn Igala Language, Get In Here. / Do You Speak Yoruba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.