Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? (4790 Views)

Are We Too Hard On APC? What Did You Enjoy The Most In APC's 8-Year Rule? / Reno Omokri Reacts To Punch Story That Jonathan Will Submit APC Forms Today / Okorocha: No More APC, What Is Left Of APC Is Just Respect For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by VictorUSA(m): 6:44am On Apr 24, 2022
It only happen in Nigeria where a former president decamps to the opposition party just to win the presidency.No more ideologies, principles and political standards.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:46am On Apr 24, 2022
VictorUSA:
It only happen in Nigeria where a former president decamps to the opposition party just to win the presidency.No more ideologies, principles and political standards.
He's far better and qualified than Tinubu.

And for a that we know , it's his conditional right to do so

I wish Jonathan well.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 24, 2022
VictorUSA:

Nigeria is a joke but it won't happen in our nation either.

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 6:56am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

Nigeria is a joke but it won't happen in our nation either.

You're in no position to tell or decide what happens or not , your vote is just one and won't change anything

Tinubu you're licking his dirty balls is a corrupt old man , he will never be president
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

You're in no position to tell or decide what happens or not , your vote is just one and won't change anything

You're always confused. My vote and yours cannot be involved in APC internal politics and decision-making.

I know Buhari is your messiah but even PMB would not dare attempt what you believe he will pull off.

You have this simplistic and m0r0nic mindset that Buhari can simply do what he wants and others would go alone blindly. You always talk as if your were raised in a village where folks run around naked til today. I pity you.

Anyway, another day 6 more days now till GEJ "joins" APC enroute to gaining the Party ticket to then become an APC President and make history, and I stand to be corrected, as the first man to be President on the political platform of two Parties who have historically challenged as opposition.

You must think this is a simple defection like those we see from unprincipled political prostitutes everywhere. GEJ has been PDP President mumu. Clock is ticking bruv. cool

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Great2017: 7:28am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're a dumb kid and I see you have no wider world view or exposure.

So Jonathan would be freely allowed to join a Party that removed him from power? A Party that claimed GEJ was the cancer that had to be cut out for Insecurity and socio-economic stagnation to improve for Nigeria?

As preposterous as the above is Jonathan, the "most incompetent President in the world" according to the APC, would then get the APC Presidential ticket and Nigerians, plus the entire Universe , will still view APC a sane Party let alone a serious one?

Do you realize Jonathan joining APC would mean every APC member, to include your messiah Buhari, accepts they kicked him out wrongly? You've seen this done anywhere else in the world before?

No single fit candidate in APC that they had to go and get the "clueless one" they removed from power to rescue them?

Your 'anyone but Tinubu' obsession is starting to melt your brain.
Do you think politicians have shame? Let me remind you of Adams Oshiomhole of the APC annointing Ize-Iyamu of the PDP whom he had condemned as a thief in the previous election to dislodge the incumbent governor, Godwin Obaseki. Oshiomhole went as far as disqualifying the latter just to have his way. Politicians are after their selfish interest
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 24, 2022
Great2017:

Do you think politicians have shame? Let me remind you of Adams Oshiomhole of the APC annointing Ize-Iyamu of the PDP whom he had condemned as a thief in the previous election to dislodge the incumbent governor, Godwin Obaseki. Oshiomhole went as far as disqualifying the latter just to have his way. Politicians are after their selfish interest

Look, forget all that. We know Politicians have no shame but this is another level of shamelessness. A universal one and possibly first of it's kind in recent history of the world. GEJ was President under PDP.

There are things former Presidents are not allow to do anywhere in the world. Such as dishonour their presidential political platform.

Please show me anywhere else worldwide where a man or woman has led a country twice on the platorm of the two main opposition Parties of that Nation at different times.

It is a fundamental no-no core principle of politics, everywhere in the world, that still sits above normal shamelessness of politicians.

GEJ joining APC is not the issue. It would speak volumes about GEJ's shameless lack of principles and the ideological emptiness of the APC under Buhari but GEJ could have joined last year formally.

Very differenf now. We are talking joining APC a month to their Primaries supposedly to come and get the Party ticket with the whole world seeing that shame play out from Nigeria.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Great2017: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

Look, forget all that. We know Politicians have no shame but this is another level of shamelessness. A universal one and possibly first of it's kind in recent history.

Please show me anywhere else worldwide where a man or woman has led a country twice on the platorm of the two main opposition Parties of that Nation at different times.
Tambuwal, Masari, Obaseki, etal were elected leaders in both PDP and APC. That is how shameful it has degenerated to. Anything is possible in Nigeria because the political space has been 'nairarized'. Poverty has been used as a tool to control the electorate.

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 7:55am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

Look, forget all that. We know Politicians have no shame but this is another level of shamelessness. A universal one and possibly first of it's kind in recent history of the world. GEJ was President under PDP.

There are things former Presidents are not allow to do anywhere in the world. Such as dishonour their presidential political platform.

It is a fundamental no-no core principle of politics, everywhere in the world, that still sits above normal shamelessness of politicians.

GEJ joining APC is not the issue. It would speak volumes about GEJ's shameless lack of principles and the ideological emptiness of the APC under Buhari but GEJ could have joined last year formally.

Very differenf now. We are talking joining APC a month to their Primaries supposedly to come and get the Party ticket with the whole world seeing that shame play out from Nigeria.

This one is already crying
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 24, 2022
Great2017:

Tambuwal, Masari, Obaseki, Rochas etal were elected leaders in both PDP and APC. That is how shameful it has degenerated to. Anything is possible in Nigeria because the political space has been 'nairarized'. Poverty has been used as a tool to control the electorate.

Perhaps you miss my point. The Presidency of Nigeria is universally visible and still an office, even if we are only pretending, we should try to ensure retains a modicum of respect in the eyes of the world.

Forget all the internal defections at other levels you're citing. Those, for the sake of international diplomacy and politics, are Nigeria's own 'internal affairs'.

Do you know the implication, even for the survival and internal cohesion of the APC, of a ruling Party ignoring all her own candidate to go and recruit their Presidential candidate from the opposition a month to their Primaries?

Make una dey think these things na. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

This one is already crying

You're the one weeping and gnashing teeth. Unfortunately, this thread will long pay ode to your rank stupidity and imbecility. Lol.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Great2017: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

Perhaps you miss my point. The Presidency of Nigeria is universally visible and still an office, even if we are only pretending, we should try to ensure retains a modicum of respect in the eyes of the world.

Forget all the internal defections at other levels you're citing. Those, for the sake of international diplomacy and politics, are Nigeria's own 'internal affairs'.

Do you know the implication, even for the survival and internal cohesion of the APC, of a ruling Party ignoring all her own candidate to go and recruit their Presidential candidate from the opposition a month to their Primaries?

You are concerned because you feel it is a moral and political taboo. To the political players, it doesn't really matter. I am not saying that Jonathan would be recruited and imposed. Nevertheless, politicians can go any length in Nigeria and if Jonathan fits the mission of the powers that be, they will go any length to accomplish it.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 24, 2022
Great2017:

You are concerned because you feel it is a moral and political taboo. To the political players, it doesn't really matter. I am not saying that Jonathan would be recruited and imposed. Nevertheless, politicians can go any length in Nigeria and if Jonathan fits the mission of the powers that be, they will go any length to accomplish it .

I agree with this but my point, that you continue to miss, remains that no one would be allowed to achieve things, even by Nigerian standards, that are extreme and threatens the interest of many.

Like Obasanjo's attempted third term. OBJ tried but failed to bully others into delivering it for him.

This is even worse because one man, even if President , cannot be allowed to bypass all the candidates in his Party to go and bring Jonathan, the same opposition former President he condemned and removed from office, to now succeed him literally at the last minute.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 8:51am On Apr 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by a4cube: 8:56am On Apr 24, 2022
Great2017:

And Tinubu and his supporters now supported the Oshomole action then. Now they are forming ideology.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2022
a4cube:
And Tinubu and his supporters now supported the Oshomole action then. Now they are forming ideology.
That's Tinubu supporters for you
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by a4cube: 9:04am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

All you are saying is right in a sane society but unfortunately Nigeria is not. Which country has elected a coup plotter 32 yrs after? Non bar Nigeria. So in this our country anything can happen and anything is acceptable. Forget about your hollier than thou, you will also defend it if you are GEJ supporter.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 24, 2022
a4cube:
All you are saying is right in a sane society but unfortunately Nigeria is not. Which country has elected a coup plotter 32 yrs after? Non bar Nigeria. So in this our country anything can happen and anything is acceptable. Forget about your hollier than thou, you will also defend it if you are GEJ supporter.

Well, let us see how it goes. Not long to wait.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Xfemt(m): 9:36am On Apr 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

If Jonathan becomes president, Tinubu corruption case will be revisited and this time no paddy paddy judge will save him.. Tinubu will be jailed .
and will also loose the grip he has on lagos
Gej go collect am by fire by force

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Ikea81: 9:43am On Apr 24, 2022
Have respect for Jona, but if he falls for this bait. Then he is indeed the fool they make him out to be.

Why not live with the super presido name and record buhari's failure have made him look like. What a foolish man. He thinks he is loved.

The fulani's only him see him as stupid. That's why they coming for him cos then he will have only four years for the south and bring another fulani prolly Hell Rufai for another 8 years of fulani dominating and almajiri impoverization of Nigeria.

Mumu man!
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 9:45am On Apr 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by seunmsg(m): 10:02am On Apr 24, 2022
a4cube:
If what is being said is true, I don't think delegates are necessary. Remember the news is about him being the consensus candidate. We are watching anyway.

How many times do we have to tell some of you that consensus is not an option for presidential nomination in APC constitution? Una get strong head well well o.

The level of dumbness and stupidity on display nowadays on Nairaland is nauseating. Folks just open threads just to post senselessly. Anyway, all these nonsense will soon end sha. After the election, you all will move on to another wailing point.

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by Mandate2023: 10:03am On Apr 24, 2022
Dis werey Ibo boy don bring tinubu matter again.....cockroach brain
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by seunmsg(m): 10:03am On Apr 24, 2022
Xfemt:
and will also loose the grip he has on lagos
Gej go collect am by fire by force

Even if somehow he managed to pick the party’s ticket, how will he win the general election without Tinubu’s support?

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by leokid866: 10:15am On Apr 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
It is no longer news Buhari and his cabals have perfected plans for Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan to decamp to APC and declare under the ruling party.

If this plan sails through, what next for Tinubu and Osibanjo?

Lalasticlala
A few days ago when PYO declared you announced that Buhari and his cabal have perfected plans to back PYO against Tinubu, now it is Jona.......please is it the same Buhari and his cabals making all these contradicting plans or there is another Buhari and his cabal making different and alternate plans because me I just confused......please just find one narrative to handle and stick to it cause this your jumping from one narrative to the other just make you seem like F*ol talking out of a certain hole that isn't your mouth.......no offense.

1 Like

Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by leokid866: 10:23am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

You actually believe Jonathan would join APC let alone become President in 2023? I don't know whether to laugh at you or weep for you.
this is where we weep bruv......just thinking and realizing that we live in a country with someone who reasons this way is enough to bring tears to ones eye's.
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by leokid866: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

He's far better and qualified than Tinubu.

And for a that we know , it's his conditional right to do so

I wish Jonathan well.
sure under pdp.........even his wife will not take him serious if he decamps for this purpose not to talk of delegates or voters......you are always claiming Tinubu is desperate to become president.......if Jona decamps who will smell more desperate between the two?
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 10:28am On Apr 24, 2022
leokid866:
this is where we weep bruv......just thinking and realizing that we live in a country with someone who reasons this way is enough to bring tears to ones eye's.
How many monikers do you have ?

I hope your tears is salty because you go see mehmeh
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by leokid866: 10:32am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

He doesn't think......he just bends over and let's the shit come out.....
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by PrinceOfLagos: 11:05am On Apr 24, 2022
Lol
Re: Now That Jonathan Is About To Decamp To APC , What Next For Tinubu? by a4cube: 11:32am On Apr 24, 2022
Dsalvo:

Well, let us see how it goes. Not long to wait.
That is our default standing for long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Hospital In Anambra. Picture. / BREAKING: Obi Was Rigged Out In 41, 972 Where LP Had No Poll Agents- INEC / Construction In Nigeria ‘to Become World’s Fastest Growing’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.