Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites (41112 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Burial Photos, Video / Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Joins His Ancestors At 83 / Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites by LadunaI(m): 1:01pm On Apr 25, 2022
Empiree:
do you think I care if traditionalists buried him?. I only wanted to verify his true religion.

So based on what I have been reading, it is clear to me that oba Lamidi was a mushrik. He was not Muslim. However, his janaza prayer by Muslims is evidently a sign that isese will significantly reduce. This is the first time ever in history that Alafin funeral performed by Muslims. But unfortunately, alfas that performed Salat janaza will have to answer to God because it is not permissible to perform Islamic prayer on nonmuslims.

Maybe Alafin religion was not clear to the imam that prayed on his body. He might based his judgement on what is apparent. What was apparent was his prayed Muslim prayers in public. I think that was the evidence used by the Imam. Anyways, it is wrong.
But it is self evident and confirmation that he is a Muslim because he performed prayers publicly, that is singular thing that separate Muslims from others. And I don't think the imam is wrong for doing his janazah.

Has he performed Sango rites public and he does Islamic prayers? If yes then your proposition might be valid.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2022
LadunaI:

But it is self evident and confirmation that he is a Muslim because he performed prayers publicly, that is singular thing that separate Muslims from others. And I don't think the imam is wrong for doing his janazah.

Has he performed Sango rites public and he does Islamic prayers? If yes then your proposition might be valid.

He does Sango rites in public. He has always cherished and supported Isese.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites by Empiree: 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2022
LadunaI:

This should serve as lessons to other oba to be upright before certainity comes. I was watching several Islamic programs yesterday to figure out what he died upon. Some later retracted their previous position that he died a mushrik.

For instance, oba Iwo AbdulRoshid, ko ru ju that he's Muslim and he makes himself so clear. This is how it should be to a oid confusion. I also heard yesterday that when Awujale of Ijebuland raised the issue sometimes ago, that oba should be buried in accordance to their religion Aalafin Lamidi opposed saying it contravenes isese. Likewise, Sheikh sanusi Zugloo (ra) bemoaned Aalafin of OYO Lamidi to make up his mind whether he's Muslim or sango worshipper. This proves that he openly practiced both Islam and Sango.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9XYho0Nh7w

To avoid this, it is better for Muslim Oba to be clear or leave their oba for them. So I still thank my grandpa for rejecting obaship when it was his turn.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites by Empiree: 4:29pm On Apr 26, 2022
LadunaI:

I got this just now

https://fb.watch/cDNEbo_KRc/

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi Night Burial As Per Yoruba Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Religious Rites by LadunaI(m): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2022
Empiree:
I got this just now

https://fb.watch/cDNEbo_KRc/
Interesting and balance view point. I like his approach and middle path he choose. I think he addressed the issue intelligently and very clear enough for any Muslims to understand.

Coincidentally, that's one of our/my sheikh in the neighborhood, his name is Alfa Kewugbemi. He use to do wasi right infront of our house at emirs road back then.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Man Laments Killing Of Pythons [PHOTOS] / Masquerades In Igboland / Olubadan And His Wives Board A First Class Train In London. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.