Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,702 members, 7,827,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Where Do I Go From Here? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Do I Go From Here? (1066 Views)

Which Should I Go For? 110k FG Pensionable Or 220k Contract Multinational / Offshore Engineering Or Safety Engineering Which Should I Go For? / How Do I Go About Obtaining Police Certificate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Go From Here? by Ejemu1: 5:35pm On Jul 08, 2011
HELLO HOUSE, PLEASE YOUR URGENT ADVICE IS NEEDED

AM A GRADUATE OF GEOLOGY(2.1) FROM FUT MINNA, I FINISHED MY NYSC IN THE YEAR 2006 AFTER WHICH I TRIED EVERY THING POSSIBLE TO GET INTO THE INDUSTRY WHERE MY SKILLS WILL BE BEST APPRICIATED TO THE POINT OF LOOKING FOR A VOLUNTEER POSITION IN SOME OF THE COMPANIES BUT ALL TO NO AVAIL. AFTER TRYING FOR TWO YEARS WITH NO POSITIVE RESULT, I MANGED TO GET INTO IT IN A TELECOMS(OUT SOURCED COMPANY )AS A SYSTEM ENGINEER AND THIS MY SECOND YEAR ON THE JOB. THE MAIN PROBLEM I HAVE IS THAT THE ZEAL IS NOT THERE BECAUSE IT TO ME IS TOO BROAD AND IT KEEPS CHANGING THUS I FOUND IT TOO HARD TO CHOOSE A PARTICULAR AREA OF SPECIALIZATION. AM THE MOST CONFUSED PERSON ON THIS PLANET AS I WRITE COZ AM AFRAID OF WHAT THE FUTURE HOLDS ON THIS PATH AM TREADING WITH ALL THE CHANGES IN IT, BUT AM STILL VERY MUCH INTREASTED IN MY GEOLOGY. PLEASE KINDLY ADVISE.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE sad cry cry cry cry
Re: Where Do I Go From Here? by okonjiaust(m): 2:44pm On Jul 10, 2011
Well, I have read your post and I quite understood you perfectly. Before I go on, if you check my profile you will understand my background in HR and the time I have spent in this industry on dealing with similar cases like yours.

I can tell you that you are the person missing it, your going to university to study geology does not mean that you must be a geologist, I am a chartered Accountant but today I am fully into IT consulting and Human Resources.

Remove your mind from the fact that you studied this or that and face where you are currently. I believe that it is where you must be and face it squarely. Going to the university is just to prepare you for the challenges in your life.

We can talk more on this when I can create more time for you and we can sort your position out well.

You can send me a mail or text: okonjiaustin@yahoo.com, 08036853789/08023397537
Re: Where Do I Go From Here? by alphykool(m): 10:58am On Jul 21, 2011
Hello, Ejemu,
I must tell you to keep focus, and don't see yourself as now in IT job as a mistake. You are a geologist doesn't mean you must work as a geologist. As I'm talking to you, I read Economics but today, I'm in the Corporate Environment Department of one of the oil company in Nigeria. How did I get there? It's because of the fact that when I graduated, I didn't have the opportunity to work in one of the bank as an Economist, but today I must thank God. This issue actually has prompted me to start blogging on how to stay motivated while looking or searching for job. Even if IT is changing often, keep up with the time, explore more opportunities there and work your way to the top.
Alphykool
www.ejobsearchtalk.com
Re: Where Do I Go From Here? by Ejemu1: 9:40pm On Aug 03, 2011
@ okonjius; thanks so much for your advice, ireally appriciate it. I sent u a mails but it keeps bouncing back
Re: Where Do I Go From Here? by yamakuza: 4:50pm On Jan 10, 2012
Okonjiaust & alphykool:

Are you guys still on NL?

We need to read more from you.

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519191.0.html

(1) (Reply)

Can I Get A Plum Job With 2:2? / Adebayo O. Ogunlesi To Join Goldman Sachs Board Of Directors / Weird Interview Questions That Makes You Uncomfortable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.