Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,509 members, 7,812,575 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election (26910 Views)

Watch These Three Interviews Of The Three Presidential Aspirant Before Voting. / 2023: Buhari Will Not Support Tinubu’s Candidacy - Sule Lamido / Ambode Had ‘secret Meeting’ With APC Electoral Panel Before Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Forzs: 7:30am On Apr 24, 2022
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), will in May reveal his choice among those aiming to be his successor on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, a presidential source has revealed to Sunday Punch.

According to the source, the President is critically studying the aspirants, their attitudes, actions, backgrounds and others before either making his pronouncement on the issue or directing his trusted aides on whom to queue behind among them.

Some of the aspirants, who have made their intentions known to run for the presidency are Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo; Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi; Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige; a former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello; his Ebonyi State counterpart, David Umahi; a former governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Kalu; and an ex-governor of Imo State, Rochas Okorocha.

They have openly declared their interest to succeed the President, whose second term ends on May 29, 2023.

Other rumoured to have presidential ambition in the party but have yet to declare their intentions include the Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi; and the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Godwin Emefiele.

Buhari had expressed fear that his favourite presidential candidate might be “eliminated” if he revealed the identity.

He said this during an exclusive interview with Channels Television in January, while noting that he had no special interest in the 2023 presidential election.

“It is not my problem,” he replied when asked about the next presidential election.

He stated, “I am not interested. I believe that whoever wins the poll should be sworn in as the next leader of Nigeria.

“All important things have been documented. No one should ask me to appear before the court to give evidence on any issue (public funds). All important things are already on record. I am sure about that.”

When asked about his preferred successor, the President replied, “I won’t tell you my favourite for 2023; he may be eliminated if I mention him. I better keep it a secret.”

The ruling party has fixed May 30 and 31 for its presidential primary election.

The APC, in a letter addressed to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof Mahmood Yakubu, dated April 6, notified the electoral body of the dates and schedule of its primaries for the nomination of candidates for the 2023 general elections.

The letter was signed by the party’s National Secretary, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

“This serves as a formal notification, pursuant to the provisions of Section 85 of the Electoral Act, 2010, as amended. Kindly arrange for your officials to monitor the exercise accordingly. While hoping to receive your cooperation, please accept the assurances of my highest esteem,” the letter read in part.

However, the Presidency source said there was no way Buhari would allow all the APC presidential aspirants to go into the race without having an input.

He said, “You saw how he handled the race for the chairmanship of the party? Was it rancorous? No, it was not. The President knows what to do at the right time. The man, who is the national chairman of the party today, was not even in the race in the beginning. And he said so when he assumed office. He said he was never interested about a month before the election.

“The President knows the characters of those in the race. He knows their antecedents and what they can do or how they will behave when they get to power. So, he will never allow the party to go into the primary without giving direction. Have you ever seen an incumbent, who is not interested in who his political party will present as his likely successor? Even the governors are equally doing the same thing at the state level.

“So, I am sure the President will speak next month before the presidential primary. He is a tactician. He knows how to handle such a delicate matter.”
https://punchng.com/2023-buhari-to-endorse-favourite-among-osinbajo-amaechi-tinubu-others-before-primary/?amp

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by God1000(m): 7:30am On Apr 24, 2022
Buhari is unpredictable, he's going to surprise us once again, but I believe his endorsement will go a long way in helping whoever he chooses.

But why should a failure like buhari even endorse anybody for president

156 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by SmartProf(m): 7:34am On Apr 24, 2022
On a good day, anyone Buhari endorses should lose woefully. A failure is likely to endorse a failure due to shared values.

189 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by inspectorg(m): 7:43am On Apr 24, 2022
God1000:
Buhari is unpredictable, he's going to surprise us once again, but I believe his endorsement will go a long way in helping whoever he endorses

Una dey wait for Shock abi??

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Parachoko: 7:56am On Apr 24, 2022
See as punch dey operate like a blogger grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by SpatialKing(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2022
Anyone Buhari endorses is a waste and will be disgraced

They should learn from Anthony Joshua and the Super Eagles

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Dannyset(m): 8:05am On Apr 24, 2022
grin

Everybody just dey cash out with this APC Presidential primary.

I am very sure Buhari won't want to do what will lead to the implosion of the party. This is where wisdom is needed.

Any unnecessary endorsement would automatically give Atiku, the likely PDP candidate the election, and that would simply mean the end of APC after Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Nobody: 8:05am On Apr 24, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkRbJdFaC8c

Forget this and watch this moment see watin blow do person pikin ... tyson fury bad hahahaha cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by KIDfurniture(m): 8:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Failure

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by LeoDeKing: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Okay, pigs are watching. cool

183 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by dahnimoh(m): 8:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by slawormiir: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Damnnn niggar

Na amaechi

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by cktheluckyman: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2022
Eagerly waiting for Baba's annointed candidate

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:07am On Apr 24, 2022
Is buhari God?? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Liamm(m): 8:07am On Apr 24, 2022
You can only give what you have. Buhari can only endorse another failure

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 24, 2022
Failure wan endorse failure cheesy

7 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Forzs: 8:07am On Apr 24, 2022
I think he has done that already! And the person will likely be the vice president Osinbajo.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Pakute: 8:08am On Apr 24, 2022
Parachoko:
See as punch dey operate like a blogger grin
This is the best season for every media outlets and bloggers to "chop". They sit down in their office and feed gullible public what their ears are inching to hear.
They are still waiting for the "annointing" Lol

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by vicdom(m): 8:08am On Apr 24, 2022
BeardGangJnr1:
Is buhari God?? undecided
grin
I always laugh at people who underestimate Buhari. Forget how people rate him, that guy commands humongous of influence in APC as today. He's not gonna push for consensus but anyone he supports will trash all of those aspirants in the poll. He has up to 15 apc governors who are very loyal to him, all he needs do is to call them and tell them his candidate and that's it. He did it in Chairmanship election, and he's gonna do it the primary election. El-Rufai and Ndume blatantly told seun on Channels TV that they were waiting for Buhari's signal and all of them would queue behind him. They adore and respect buhari so much, especially those governors in the north. Majority of them, if not all came to power due to Buhari's 2015 Tsunami. None of them could have won that seat if not because of Buhari's influence.

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:08am On Apr 24, 2022
Rumors are spread by fools and believe by idiots

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by LeoDeKing: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2022
SmartProf:
On a good day, anyone Buhari endorses should lose woefully. A failure is likely to endorse a failure due to shared values.
Okay.

@ the emboldened though.

Buhari or jubrin el Sudan?

Or when did he change back to Buhari?

173 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Ttalk: 8:09am On Apr 24, 2022
Let's keep hopes alive. Star boy is Buhari's favourite. This is the only politician I know that is not corrupt, he is the bridge that connect young and old. He has youthful energy and wisdom of a sage, loyal to the core and versatile in governance.

Buhari has exposed him to both national and international engagements, he is erudite and eloquent enough to interact in a clear terms without any ambiguity to showcase national interest.

He is directly linked with the downtrodden to understand their need, he as engaged the youth on different occasions and even influenced international partnership to engage with Nigerian startups.

How can an educated youth ignore Osinbajo?

How can market men and women not support him?

How can small business people ignore his commitment to the growth of small and medium scale businesses.

He facilitated connectiom between Silicon valley and Nigeria tech. He promotes ease of doing business, he encouraged modular refinery and mediate among local and oil company. He facilitated the lasting peace we are presently enjoying in ND.

Buhari sees all these and would encourage Osinbajo to complete the good work he has started.

If you are not happy, support your own candidate jeje, and let us support ours.

Your are free to patronise made in China, but our product is original trusted and tested

184 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by specialmati(m): 8:10am On Apr 24, 2022
grin grin grin now I know why sane people rejected buhari 3-4 times now every one has seen and witnessed the failure.if you are planning to vote anyone from APC make thunder fire you.they are all group of rogues that came to power without plan

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by UncommonLogic: 8:10am On Apr 24, 2022
Buhari will not endorse anyone at the end of the day.
Just wait and see.
He will tell all candidates to go and test their popularity with the party members.
Tinubu will win at the end of the day.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by ZombieSlaughter: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2022
Lol. Ndi yorooba have gone into fasting an prayer to beg for presidency..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by LeoDeKing: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2022
UncommonLogic:
Buhari will not endorse anyone at the end of the day.
Just wait and see.
He will tell all candidates to go and test their popularity with the party members.
Tiny will win at the end of the day.

Better oil dey your head.

This is by far the best comment on this thread.

173 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by PavillionEnergy: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2022
grin

Tinubu Urchins in the mud.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by JEREMYBENTHAM: 8:11am On Apr 24, 2022
Buhari`s endorsement is an endorsement of failure. Whoever a failure endorses, is also a failure. That's a red flag.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by phemmyjohnson: 8:12am On Apr 24, 2022
What does it matters, the lifeless one will anoint another clueless one and so the recycling of shame and backwardness continues ..

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by Macphenson: 8:14am On Apr 24, 2022
post=112225215:
Rumors are spread by fools and believe by idiots

wE ARE waiting
Re: 2023: Buhari To Endorse Favourite Aspirant Before Primary Election by BeardGangJnr1(m): 8:15am On Apr 24, 2022
vicdom:

grin
I always laugh at people who underestimate Buhari. Forget how people rate him, that guy commands humongous of influence in APC as today. He's not gonna push for consensus but anyone he supports will trash all of those aspirants in the poll. He has up to 15 apc governors who are very loyal to him, all he needs do is to call them and tell them his candidate and that's it. He did it in Chairmanship election, and he's gonna do it the primary election. El-Rufai and Ndume blatantly told seun on Channels TV that they were waiting for Buhari's signal and all of them would queue behind them. They adore and respect buhari so much, especially those governors in the north. Majority of them, if not all came to power due to Buhari's 2015 Tsunami. None of them could have won that seat if not because of Buhari's influence.
This makes me wonder Wen will the North wise up
I mean how could they so much adore failure like dis....they would've worshipped him be daht nah... assuming he did well as a president..... undecided
As far as humanity is concern, buhari is synonymous to failure

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate President: Buhari, APC Leaders Pacify Goje / Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom / Fbi Reveals 16 Of The Richest Politicians In Nigeria And Their worth In Usa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.