Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? (9779 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / How I Encountered The Of Kingdom Wealth Through A Vision Of Bishop Oyedepo / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by IbileIfe: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2022
Yes.
In Deeper Christian Life Church and the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG).

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by HardMirror(m): 10:42am On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

This country is in trouble.
lol. You sef see am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Trustedpronet: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2022
Going to the house of God and return back home without accident is enough God's power

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by hopefulLandlord: 10:43am On Apr 24, 2022
HardMirror:
lol. You sef see am?
I see am o. now I no fit unsee am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43am On Apr 24, 2022
ok

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by hopexter(m): 10:44am On Apr 24, 2022
Franking:

Mtchew! Does imaginary things have power?

It has to those who believe in him, the juju you and your ancestors worship isn’t it imaginary but still powerful sometimes
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Eaglenimi: 10:45am On Apr 24, 2022
Tokskob2008:
All that na rubbish abeg, he probably came with some juju to hypnotize his congregation. All this "god of men" do all sorts just to claim holy.
So you believe one can be hypnotized with juju but don't believe in the spirit of God

10 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Rawtruth1: 10:45am On Apr 24, 2022
Yes. In Deeper life church years ago

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by jpmoriarti(m): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2022
What is power of God?

As a Christian, power of God is manifested by the gift of Holy Spirit.

And the first gift of Holy Spirit is Love!!

Love which is clearly missing in Nigeria today especially in the so-called Churches.

Stop looking for miracles. You're the adulterous generation which Christ condemned in the bible.

Miracle is not the sign of God. Even devil can do miracle.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 10:45am On Apr 24, 2022
7victor:
One day, during the Uyo miracle convention by Rev Uma Ukpai, One pastor was invited to preach.

When he started praying for people to get healing, people started vomiting.

Suddenly, I felt power hit my stomach and it was as much as I could do not to throw up.

The man explained that the power was destroying every sickness and evil that was in our belles and bodies.

Share your experience.
Bro,I experienced the same urge to vomit in my Church,Omega Power Ministries,during one fateful Sunday service in 2020.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Wchris(m): 10:46am On Apr 24, 2022
I can't really tell, I am not sure, infact I don't know
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by bonnyhope: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2022
If there's somebody to pray

There's God to answer prayer.

I have prayed for something

And God answered me.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by reubenobi(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2022
Eaglenimi:

So you believe one can be hypnotized with juju but don't believe in the spirit of God
No mind am..
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by whytediamond(m): 10:47am On Apr 24, 2022
7victor:
Also, there was a Sunday that I had a minor disagreement with someone. She started cursing me. I didn't do anything but she started cursing me.

I wore my clothes and went to one church.

Immediately I entered the church, one pastor who was preaching looked at me and asked all the youths to stand up. He said "I cancel any curse placed on you by anyone"

I knew it was me he was talking about because he looked at me before he asked the youths to stand up. I was also a youth. That time I was an undergraduate.

When I returned home, the woman called me and began to apologise for cursing me. She said she had cancelled the curse immediately I left for church.

I later learnt that the pastor did not like calling only one person out for prophecy but like calling people in group whenever the prophecy is for one person because he said he didn't want to expose the person to some evil people whom he said had infiltrated his church.

You need cane bro. Real flogging. At this age and time, you still typed all these. Africa no fit move Forward with people that still think like you. Sorry brother.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by nauto: 10:48am On Apr 24, 2022
No.

Outside the Church Yes

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by whytediamond(m): 10:48am On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Very big trouble.

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:49am On Apr 24, 2022
..... Yes. So many times

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by harmony75: 10:49am On Apr 24, 2022
So many times.. I would have been dead twice long ago but but God have kept me. It is very important to pray for one another in prayers as a church and as a family.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by chukwuibuipob: 10:50am On Apr 24, 2022
cool yeah! @ Faith Tabernacle.God dey dat Church. If u don't believe, better u do.

I don't know about those ones dat gyrate/somersault /sleep inside mud water(Pa Obinna Righteousness2 can tell us about dat
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 24, 2022
Tokskob2008:
All that na rubbish abeg, he probably came with some juju to hypnotize his congregation. All this "god of men" do all sorts just to claim holy.
if you believe juju exist, why don't you believe God's power is real?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Kingv(m): 10:51am On Apr 24, 2022
Tokskob2008:

You believe in “Juju” ? And do not believe in more sacred and superior power?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Demainman1: 10:51am On Apr 24, 2022
7victor:
Also, there was a Sunday that I had a minor disagreement with someone. She started cursing me. I didn't do anything but she started cursing me.

Immediately I entered the church, one pastor who was preaching looked at me and asked all the youths to stand up. He said "I cancel any curse placed on you by anyone"

I knew it was me he was talking about because he looked at me before he asked the youths to stand up. I was also a youth. That time I was an undergraduate.

When I returned home, the woman called me and began to apologise for cursing me. She said she had cancelled the curse immediately I left for church.
grin

I later learnt that the pastor did not like calling only one person out for prophecy but like calling people in group whenever the prophecy is for one person because he said he didn't want to expose the person to some evil people whom he said had infiltrated his church.

Pastor that has power to cancel curses but does not have power to kick out the evil people that have infiltrated his church � grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Majesty33(m): 10:54am On Apr 24, 2022
Mehn, through praises and worship make him have an encounter with him. You don't necessarily need a pastor. He is God so the more closer to him you are, the more encounter u have.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by aribisala0(m): 10:59am On Apr 24, 2022
Yes one day I was travelling from Lagos to Ibadan during fuel scarcity . So the car ran out of fuel and the vehicle stopped next to one church by the road. So we went in to beg for jerrycan .They said they do not have but they will pray for us to reach our generation safely. When we got back to where we parked the car had already started , the engine was running and the tank was full with petrol. There was a 50 litre jerrycan in the boot filled with petrol.
The Lord is good, all the time

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by DropsMic(m): 11:06am On Apr 24, 2022
7victor:

You must be a very gullible fella

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 11:07am On Apr 24, 2022
hopexter:

It has to those who believe in him, the juju you and your ancestors worship isn’t it imaginary but still powerful sometimes

Juju kee u there. Anyone who doesn't believe in ur imaginary God believes in juju, abi? Well, I have news for u. U and ur juju are imaginary. Ur God and ur Jesus are all imaginary for the weak so u can have some consolation.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by okunwaye(m): 11:10am On Apr 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

E shock u

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 11:12am On Apr 24, 2022
7victor:

U must be completely devoid of common sense. How can a country move forward with people like this?

Only Africans! Tufiakwa.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by okunwaye(m): 11:12am On Apr 24, 2022
YourFavEvangeli:
Yes I have severally but let me share one.
Some years ago, at Ido-Ile prayer mountain, I was fasting for self deliverance as I have been eating alot in the dream and I noticed it was affecting my spirit man. As we began serious warfare prayers, I felt a very hot hand grip my head, I got dizzy and fell to my knees. I began to vomit, I could taste what I was vomiting, it wasn't the usual repulsive cold taste, this one was very bitter. After about 2mins of vomiting, the hot hand left me and the dizziness and vomiting stopped immediately. I opened my eyes to see what I vomited, only to see that there was nothing on the floor. But I can swear that I felt it and tasted it and it was bitter. I got up and felt very very light. My spiritual life was changed from that day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Merry Christmas Nairalanders / Instant Healing From Jesus - Prophet Olaye George / 4 Ways To Abandon A Life Of Sin - Kikiotolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.