Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? (9786 Views)

How I Encountered The Of Kingdom Wealth Through A Vision Of Bishop Oyedepo / 3-year-old Praise, Israel Ezekiel's Daughter Kneels As She Worships God In Kenya / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by placeofallure(f): 3:27pm On Apr 24, 2022
Yes.

God works in mysterious ways. We were planning our wedding at the time and was looking for an accommodation. There was a specification we wanted and that particular one has been scarce. This particular day I was to attend the choir practice by 6pm. When I got to church however, it was the beginning of the month prayer meeting that was on. We normally do prayers and fasting for the first 3 days of every month and that program overrides every other one. I was disappointed but I couldn't go back.

Then the pastor said something. He said somebody has been anticipating something and there has been no way through; and that today is the day of breakthrough. In my mind, I just dismissed what he said.

It's like this pastor no dey check time. Which kind miracle again when evening don come. Maybe another day sha, miracle wey wan happen and e no happen since morning, abegi!

But he was insistent that when one of us got home, he'd be greeted with the good news.
It happened exactly like that. We paid for the apartment the same evening. Even if we wanted to move in that same evening, we could. Amazing!

That's the kinda miracle God will do in your life in this 2022. 11th hour miracle.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by RoyalDiadems: 3:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Franking:

Mtchew! Do imaginary things have power?

They're imaginary until you have a vivid encounter.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by judedwriter(m): 3:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
oshorstan:
I have experienced the power of God via his presence. I notice it during worship, praise and prayer.. especially when I am listening to Paul Wilbur. I have gotten my healing via God's hands. There is God ohhhh. We know say Church done spoil, but God never change

Nothing is more powerful, transforming and life changing than God's presence through worship!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by HardMirror(m): 4:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

Such miracles happen. God doesn't allow it for just any man of God in other to keep them from pride.

If you're in doubt, search online for the ministries of these two men:

1. Marion Branham

2. Guillermo Maldonado

These are few among the men of God whom God has used migthily in that capacity.

Before you allow the devil to deceive you and send you to hell. Also read about the ministries of Apostle Ayo Babalola and Archbishop Benson Idahoza.
this one is still a fool. Lol.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Beetunez44(m): 4:07pm On Apr 24, 2022
jpmoriarti:
What is power of God?

As a Christian, power of God is manifested by the gift of Holy Spirit.

And the first gift of Holy Spirit is Love!!

Love which is clearly missing in Nigeria today especially in the so-called Churches.

Stop looking for miracles. You're the adulterous generation which Christ condemned in the bible.

Miracle is not the sign of God. Even devil can do miracle.

Chai! When did Love become a gift of the Spirit? Just when? And how?
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by SoapQueen(f): 4:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
oshorstan:
I have experienced the power of God via his presence. I notice it during worship, praise and prayer.. especially when I am listening to Paul Wilbur. I have gotten my healing via God's hands. There is God ohhhh. We know say Church done spoil, but God never change

Oh God! You just said my mind. I grew up listening to Paul Wilbur. God is good
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Apr 24, 2022
oshorstan:
Healing via God's hands? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by 7victor(m): 4:23pm On Apr 24, 2022
Nuttella:
Thank you sir smiley

You are welcome.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Image123(m): 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
Beetunez44:

Chai! When did Love become a gift of the Spirit? Just when? And how?

In the Bible. It is called the best gift in 1Corinthians 12. i guess you're referring to the gifts that we call the 9 gifts of the Spirit, that's why.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Jossybj1984(m): 4:54pm On Apr 24, 2022
All glory to God I was saved by grace of our Lord Jesus Christ because I was born as hardened guy that I stood man to man with uniform soldier before I was saved if our interhouse sport is not bloody or people's die it wasn't interesting to me because that is what give me pleasure but immediately I was save by grace I received a new life in Christ and I can't count the numbers of miracles God has work through,like healing the mad person,raised the dead, healing terrible life threatening sickness etc so if miracles is a scam to you or you think God didn't exist I feel so pain for you because it show how bad Satan has castrate your spirit being.Jesus save and he work miracles in his name,his word and power till he will return he will continue to do mighty work in those we believe in him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by RoyalDiadems: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2022
HardMirror:
this one is still a fool. Lol.

You just need a single encounter like the one I had in 1999 for you to understand that God works miracles.

Even myself today, if I lay hands on you, the demons of hell binding you into spiritual oblivion will scream out.

The devil is deceiving you making you think you are wise, whereas you're a prey. But, Jesus Christ still loves your soul.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by hopexter(m): 5:06pm On Apr 24, 2022
Franking:

Money is what I can touch, see and feel. It can solve any problem except the one nothing else can solve.

If I have to believe in a God it will definitely be money.

You’re definitely right to yourself but I still find it hard to accept it which doesn’t matter how I accept it anyways. Everyone has right to worship any God or idol be it present, imaginary or visionary. But the thing is the world is so filled with people who have FAITH be it in GOD or ALLAH and they have made the world lovable by their own blessings talents give them by God.

I just find those with no God depending and living on those whose been favoured by God‘s dependability.

Religion is also a guardian, it teaches a lot about uprightness and morals. If you have no God you no morals.

Money is beautiful, Mintly touchy That provides whatever you want but doesn’t deserve to be worshiped or called a God because that’s idol worshipping since Money is man-made.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by hopexter(m): 5:10pm On Apr 24, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

You just need a single encounter like the one I had in 1999 for you to understand that God works miracles.

Even myself today, if I lay hands on you, the demons of hell binding you into spiritual oblivion will scream out.

The devil is deceiving you making you think you are wise, whereas you're a prey. But, Jesus Christ still loves your soul.

Prish on sir grin grin and may God not forget to accept your soul cheesy grin. Pray for me to get out of this my spiritual oblivion cos e don dey choke my neck grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Aaay: 5:38pm On Apr 24, 2022
Yeah
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Originakalokalo(m): 5:49pm On Apr 24, 2022
Franking:

I know thousands who have called upon him yet nothing. Life is all about natural selection. Do u have any proof that God did it?

I was healed of a mouth disease that lasted for 35 years with a simple prayer lasted for 2 minutes.

It was a fact I can't deny.

If you call on him with a sincere heart he answers.

Though, God has nothing to prove to anyone. He is God all by himself.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by RoyalDiadems: 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2022
hopexter:

Prish on sir grin grin and may God not forget to accept your soul cheesy grin. Pray for me to get out of this my spiritual oblivion cos e don dey choke my neck grin grin

The Lord Jesus has already accepted your person.

Please pray this out loudly:

Lord Jesus, I believe you died for my sins and rose again for my justification. Forgive all my sins and wash me clean today. From now on, I confess that you're my Lord and Saviour. Now, I'm born again. Thank you Jesus for saving me. In Jesus name I pray.

If you pray that prayer above with sincerity, you will feel the peace of God flooding your soul. You will find yourself rejoicing internally. Your soul has just found its resting place.

After the above prayers, also do this:

Lay your hands on your belly and declare forcefully:

"Now, I belong to Jesus, you demons of hell have no authority over me anymore. I bind you all right now in Jesus name. You spirits of Spiritual bondage, I cast you out of my life right now in Jesus name. Now, I am free, for Christ Jesus has made me free." Do this several times.

If you declare the above with a strong declaration as directed, you'll feel lightened. Your body will feel as though a heavy load has been lifted off you. Just be thanking God for your Deliverance.

Then pray the prayer daily:

Oh Lord, have mercy on me, and reveal yourself unto me in a mighty way.

Get ready for mighty revelations.

Now, your life would immediately become a spiritual battleground as the devil continues to fight to retake his lost grounds in your life. To maintain your new spiritual experiences,

1. Pray daily.

2. Study the Bible Daily.

3. Attend a Bible believing church and fellowship with true believers.

This is how to walk with God. He'll manifest Himself to you in mighty ways.

I pray for you in the name of Jesus, your victory today will be without boundaries.

Remain blessed beloved brother. Hoping to see you someday in our eternal home.

Much Love.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 6:51pm On Apr 24, 2022
Originakalokalo:

I was healed of a mouth disease that lasted for 35 years with a simple prayer lasted for 2 minutes.

It was a fact I can't deny.

If you call on him with a sincere heart he answers.

Though, God has nothing to prove to anyone. He is God all by himself.

At least u have a reason to believe which I can't contest. I will believe when I have also experienced him.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Beetunez44(m): 6:52pm On Apr 24, 2022
Image123:

In the Bible. It is called the best gift in 1Corinthians 12. i guess you're referring to the gifts that we call the 9 gifts of the Spirit, that's why.

There is no reference in the Bible where Love is called a Gift (if there is any please tell me).

The chapter you quoted too said nothing about love being a gift.

Kindly explain
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
hopexter:

You’re definitely right to yourself but I still find it hard to accept it which doesn’t matter how I accept it anyways. Everyone has right to worship any God or idol be it present, imaginary or visionary. But the thing is the world is so filled with people who have FAITH be it in GOD or ALLAH and they have made the world lovable by their own blessings talents give them by God.

I just find those with no God depending and living on those whose been favoured by God‘s dependability.

Religion is also a guardian, it teaches a lot about uprightness and morals. If you have no God you no morals.

Money is beautiful, Mintly touchy That provides whatever you want but doesn’t deserve to be worshiped or called a God because that’s idol worshipping since Money is man-made.

Money is something I can at least feel and touch unlike God. U have the right attitude anyway.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 6:53pm On Apr 24, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

They're imaginary until you have a vivid encounter.

Exactly.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Exodora: 8:17pm On Apr 24, 2022
Some years back my cousin after graduation went to a church and immediately the pastor saw him he asked all the congregations to stand up and pray for him. He said, guy man you will swim in money and when that time comes do not forget the church. Truly my cousin is swimming in money, I doubt if he goes to church at all. The mumu dey give him mum 20k as monthly up keep but him babe dey collect 500k every month not only that she dey travel outside the country join but him mama never cross border.
The second one, was two months ago some group of pastors held a vigil in my neighborhood as they were prophesying they asked that all the pregnant women should drop seven hundred Naira so they can pray for them to avant- any CS that have being programmed but one boneheaded woman refused to adhere to instructions now her baby is getting to ten months. She has been on labor for over three weeks now she has done several scan and the result has always been same that her baby is weak cause it’s tied by cord, now she is going from one church to another.
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Franking: 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
GreatVocalist:

God is not a THING, He's a person.

Where's he?
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by oshorstan(f): 9:45pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Yes in 2009.
I was healed of Angina pectoris
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by oshorstan(f): 9:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Yes in 2009.

This happened in Light of the world Bible Church, in Evbareke , Benin city
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by oshorstan(f): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
SoapQueen:

Oh God! You just said my mind. I grew up listening to Paul Wilbur. God is good

Jerusalem Live 2001

Kadosh Adonai
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by oshorstan(f): 9:47pm On Apr 24, 2022
judedwriter:

Nothing is more powerful, transforming and life changing than God's presence through worship!

Yes oo
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by PeachtreeReside(f): 9:48pm On Apr 24, 2022
IKBARUTEN11:
Many times but I will share the most recent.

Sometime earlier this year, I was sitting in one of the Catholic masses in my church auditorium; sleepy. Then the priest declared that God is going to encounter someone positively that very day. Immediately I heard that, I said within my spirit that the person is me. Incidentally, I felt a touch on my head and something given to me spiritually.

Ever since, my life has been on the good side.

I bless God for his blessings and grace

Can you say what exactly dropped in you spiritually?
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by RussellRutherfo: 11:03pm On Apr 24, 2022
aribisala0:
Yes one day I was travelling from Lagos to Ibadan during fuel scarcity . So the car ran out of fuel and the vehicle stopped next to one church by the road. So we went in to beg for jerrycan .They said they do not have but they will pray for us to reach our generation safely. When we got back to where we parked the car had already started , the engine was running and the tank was full with petrol. There was a 50 litre jerrycan in the boot filled with petrol.
The Lord is good, all the time

Are you a journalist?
Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Nobody: 2:58am On Apr 25, 2022
I am the type of person who pastors don't usually see anything to.
Pastors, Alfa, I have never visited the herbalist side.
So whenever I visit the pastor with my mum back then, they'll see alot of things to my mom (both True and lies). But they won't see anything when they look or pray for me

Some will try to be making obvious guesses; it's sad and funny to watch

Fast forward to 2019, I was getting sick everytime, felt like my life force was slowly slipping away from me.

Then I followed someone to a church for Easter service. Then the pastor started seeing things to people

Until she got to me, first she talked about the dream I had that morning, described my situation at that time, talked about my sickness and said my breakthrough is coming, talked about my spiritual life, described me, talked about voices I use to hear, talked alot of things and my jaw dropped.

As in i was really shocked that day, funny part was that she was facing someone else entirely when dishing out the visions. I was wowed that at least real men of God exists.

Then I had another experience after that, a guy approached me, started preaching to me and almost told me my life history at the spot. I was like WTF!

Then another experience I had was when a pastor was praying for a group, it got to my turn and she said just one sentence and that sentence got me. (I no go talk am)

All the above happened between 2019-2020.

Haven't experienced something similar since then But God is still on the throne and there are still real and true christians out there

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Encountered The Power Of God In A Church? by Kobojunkie: 3:08am On Apr 25, 2022
oshorstan:
Yes in 2009.

This happened in Light of the world Bible Church, in Evbareke , Benin city
God healed you while you were in a church? Why do you believe God healing you had something to do with your being in the church at the time? undecided

I ask because I too was healed of chronic case of acid reflex disease back in 2004 and I was lying on my bed of the particular day that it happened, while on the phone with a friend. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pls Help Me With Gospel Music I Could Download..i Dont Know Any / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2018; Glory Ahead Dec 3-8, 2018 / What Are The Qualities Of Being A True Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.